Totally a Conquest Ironman, what do you mean I'm doing it wrong?: Pengaius' Conquest Ironman

Pengaius

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Pengaius said:

watching you play Fire Emblem hurts more than that. 

How dare you... I'd kill you, but I'm too busy laughing out loud at that retort. God damn you, Butterman. You win this round.

Your getting better, but it's only an upgrade from mild to lukewarm. 

Truly the most riveting of character developments.

That's the most hurtful thing you've said all day. 

Hey, you're the one who reminded me of the Larentia incident for no reason whatsoever.

He even got the wrong evolution stage, what is he even doing?

I am reading a LP for a game that I've never played of a series I don't even like, for no better reason than to spite the LPer.

3mq5v0d5 o

Oh look, it's pink Tauroneo.

Ndn3yi4a o7dmhjzvm o

Poor, poor Sessai. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sessai's face looks like a butt.

...Sorry.

15xxobrm o

What the hell is a Pokémari!? That the plural for Pokémon all of a sudden? Pokémons, goddamnit! Pokémons! What's so terrible about that!?

0aatigtd o

I love this guy's face. The stache, the serious stare... It looks so out of place in the midst of the clown gallery that is this game otherwise.

if a Pokémon steps on one (unless its airborne) it gets fenced in, stopping it from moving or attacking for the turn they step on it and the turn after.

They implemented Tellius's shitty bridge pitfalls gimmick? That's just low.

Yoshimoto heals with his ability and bites Eevee

I know you meant his pokemon, but the idea of the fatso pouncing on Eevee and chomping away is amazing. Also awful. Mostly awful. It's awful, why did I think of that...?

Lld7nwbr o

Results. 

Please recruit Butthole Face. He's too funny to pass up on.

Pdshcnez o7gocnfz5 oVd8yskuy oJijlzwll o

I think this may be my favorite moment of this game's story so far.

2by6z9uu o

Ah! It's Gotoh! Watch out, he'll make you walk through deserts, volcanoes and frozen peaks before he tells you what the hell he wants!

3apjakej oVp2yotd9 o

Quick Strike is one of the best tier 1 abilities in the game, extra move and flinch chance, sign me the fuck up.

The most important thing is that the guy's face looks hilarious, and also like a butt. You must use him so I may continue to stress the fact that his face looks like a butt.

Magikarp, is well... a Magikarp, it starts off being awful but is redeemed by it's evolution. In the main series, it's not that hard to evolve, with patience and switching but in this game it needs to be totally babied from day 1, to even have a shot at evolving. Splash is actually useless and the fish  goes down in 2 good hits. It can only gain Link by proxy, and even when it does increase it can take ages for it to become even remotely close to evolution. The upside to this is that Gyarados is absolutely busted in this game, but it's just not worth it trying to evolve this thing when other Pokémon are useable now. 

Gee, I wonder where I've seen something like this before. Perhaps in that completely unrelated series of anime chess?

N7nwbhxc o

Aww, look Staravia is perched on his arm, can Berwick Saga do THIS Ruben?

No, that one doesn't need to resort to cheap tricks.

N3luo2wi o

Hey look, terrible business practices. 

Hey, at least it's not like in the Mario & Luigi RPGs. There they give the brothers a discount based on their friggin' mustaches.

We get ourselves some new units from the password event, I will show them off next time I suppose. 

Yey, depressed old man and edgelord I forgot!

All time, stay butter. 

Did you know that butter, when consumed in great quantities, has a high chance of causing chronic hiccups?

...I don't, either. I'm talking out of my ass. But you should watch your step.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:
13 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Hey, at least it's not like in the Mario & Luigi RPGs. There they give the brothers a discount based on their friggin' mustaches.

You mean you've never got a discount because of your facial hair? Hell, my father gets free stuff sometimes because of his beard.

1 minute ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

You mean you've never got a discount because of your facial hair? Hell, my father gets free stuff sometimes because of his beard.

I'm afraid my facial hair is not epic enough to warrant gifts. Yet.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What the hell is a Pokémari!? That the plural for Pokémon all of a sudden? Pokémons, goddamnit! Pokémons! What's so terrible about that!?

Kemari was a sport popular in Japan, similar to modern football. They just added Poke infront of it for no reason... and plural for Pokemon is just Pokemon.

Edited by ranger016

Spoiler
On 11/22/2020 at 2:49 PM, Pengaius said:

Good old Peeram becoming our new Jagen... this is gonna be fun.

Do not bully Mareep!

Naw, I am referencing a Mareep from Lucahjin's Blind Heart Gold LP. Admittedly that name came from Peeram being Mareep backwards, and his yellow fur making him look like a ram that was...

Acajzaog o

Cbokxanc oL4ky3lu6 o

This is way too good to pass up. 

They just teed you up for that shot. Although going from the sand trap into the water hazard wasn't ideal...

6kgyazac oYpa5ouw6 o

We dogpile and murder Sewaddle, while Mareep gets some damage on Spheal and Venipede. Piplup is sneaking along the side because I'm hoping for a good ball spawn. 

Ya Stomoped on that waddling bug

(to add a slight comment here, when transliterating words from other languages into Japanese, they often use the u vowel sound ending to indicate a purely consonate sound, hence treating Su like simply a S.)

2tno6k9s oWsfct5ua o

We mess up a Venipede real good,

All these bug just keep getting stomped on, like in a stampede.

Qxgstqfo o

What did Piplup do to get his red card? The referees on this field must be biased and blind.

Charmander finishes Venipede,

Ujiah, not another chika... (note the trainer for this poke is Ujichika....)

Sxnqxayf o1xmv5pvt oJymjd1mh o

I feel for that SEnSAtIonal defeat...

Vo9bvtgb oTwbomkhd oDpnq1jqe o

Pineco Potions, then steals Piplup's Potion as well, the fucker. 

What were you expecting from a corperation like PineCo, they always take from the average citizen with their ludicrous potion tax breaks.

97nmgi6x oJ4fmv4ep oZvhiiup5 o

Eevee chips and Mareep finishes for clear. 

You're Out Some Healing Items; the Master of Obnoxious Thefts is Ousted

Gwlldrwx o

...why does that seem uncomfortably sexual comme-

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Sorry.

... ugh...

This old dude comes up and gives us the results of his decades of research, all of which I have explained to you previous parts. Thanks Grandpa. 

It wouldn't be a Pokemon game if some old man didn't insist he teach you how to catch a Pokemon, after you caught a whole team of them.

Magikarp, is well... a Magikarp, it starts off being awful but is redeemed by it's evolution. In the main series, it's not that hard to evolve, with patience and switching but in this game it needs to be totally babied from day 1, to even have a shot at evolving. Splash is actually useless and the fish  goes down in 2 good hits. It can only gain Link by proxy, and even when it does increase it can take ages for it to become even remotely close to evolution. The upside to this is that Gyarados is absolutely busted in this game, but it's just not worth it trying to evolve this thing when other Pokémon are useable now. 

Use the Est, let the terrifying strength of Magikarp guide your team to victory.

We jump-cut right into the action because I forgot to take shots of our turn 1, and the enemy are kinda kicking our asses. 

Fortunately, a crit from Charmander frees up Spheal to heal and then weaken Mareep enough for a Starly crit to K.O, how the turntables. 

Was there some secret midroll ad I blocked? What's with all this false click-baity tension?

3tx4amrp oT8mhljvc oOzrb3lip oJ7e7xznv o

Our png shrinks back and another png replaces it. That is how promotion works. 

The first evolution of the run. Seeing as this is a three stage mon, I guess its more like seeing a trainee unit reach a normal class, then like a regular promotion...

17iraouv oSposrbci oN3luo2wi o

Hey look, terrible business practices. 

Haggling is a strange custom, isn't it...

Hey guys welcome back to the channel. Smash that follow button or I'll break into your house. 

Part 7: The Ring of Fire Fighting

Replies:

Spoiler
On 11/22/2020 at 11:38 PM, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

(Fair is fair, I don't know if he's as bad a Champion as Diantha because I couldn't convince myself to buy Sword/Shield)

Diantha was so forgettable, I had to look her up just now, the whole Kalos elite 4 were kinda lame tbh. 

Are they only for recruiting warlords?

Some passwords are for events, some are for extra postgame content (idk why they aren't unlocked by defult) but most just cause a ton of a specific mon to spawn somewhere. 

This sounds like Revelation already.

Oh no.

Don't worry, it gets MUCH worse

That does sound annoying.

Will this be a recurring thing?

If you mean hard to kill enemies on healing tiles, it will come up again, but not as harshly as this. 

IT KNOWS IF IT IS BAD OR GOOD

BUT IT'S NO GOOD FOR FU-UCKS SAKE

(Joking aside, this isn't long term is it?)

Spheal, may be long term, depending on chance, and ability changing comes a bit later on, so...

So I assume you can catch Gyarados?

Yes, later on it is possible to find wild Gyarados. 

This game also understood this line, good job Conquest.

I'm not sure what you mean, but sure. 

Poor Rufflet, at least the diaper vulture (I know it's Vulabbey but shush) had a statline that stood out.

There's no e in Vullaby, also it isn't in this game. 

I thought you'd have to put in effort to get them, I apologise for being an idiot.

So what's the plan with these guys then?

I don't intend on really using them, but i will, if I start running low on Warriors. 

Thoughts on whey butter?

same as my thoughts on all artisanal foods, it's neat. 

On 11/23/2020 at 10:30 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Is this going to be the "Snape Kills Dumbledore" of 2020?

Oh, fuck did I spoil you, sorry. 

I mean, I wanted to sneak references to a few moves into my last one. Though, the stealth level is questionable.

I noticed the Stockpile one, but not any others, so they must have ben well hidden. 

Soup that apparently gives one a hangover, contains impurities, and makes one's speech slur. Or so the musical portrays it. Guess it's like those jelly filled donuts.

Localisation because if it aint American, how will the kids relate. 

Not to mention deforestation.

Truly his scorched Earth policies, strike fear into our enemies. 

I'm glad Jigglypuff isn't here. Because, you know.. after getting snaked, and getting wet... it'd be a shame if it came in contact with balls as well. I'd have been raided for sure.

... Sex

More like Venimpede. Because that's gonna slow them down.

The enemy's Fates are Sphealed at this point.

PineK.O.'d by the Grim Mareeper.

The mareep one was good, but the others were meh. 

I see the calendar is swiftly catching up to reality.

What a year huh?

So basically, it's a trainee class in sacred stones... or Mozu or Donnel in the 3DS games. Or Atlas for that matter.

Nope, those guys are all usable in some manner, this game's Magikarp is litteraly useless. 

Yep. Starly evolved. Making my revenge truly swift and meaningless, for there is no longer a Starly on your team. Exactly as planned.

It shall be eternally Starly 1: The Roger: 0 there is still another Starly tho

On 11/23/2020 at 11:41 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

How dare you... I'd kill you, but I'm too busy laughing out loud at that retort. God damn you, Butterman. You win this round.

K thanks. 

I am reading a LP for a game that I've never played of a series I don't even like, for no better reason than to spite the LPer.

Well, I for one am glad to see you here every week, I hope you are enjoying yourself. 

Oh look, it's pink Tauroneo.

I guess...

...Sorry.

Got it, don't use Sessai. 

I love this guy's face. The stache, the serious stare... It looks so out of place in the midst of the clown gallery that is this game otherwise.

He looks like every bad depiction of a Hispanic person ever. 

They implemented Tellius's shitty bridge pitfalls gimmick? That's just low.

No, Tellius' pitfalls were all predetermined, this games pits are ENTIRELY randomized. 

I know you meant his pokemon, but the idea of the fatso pouncing on Eevee and chomping away is amazing. Also awful. Mostly awful. It's awful, why did I think of that...?

You may need therapy. 

Please recruit Butthole Face. He's too funny to pass up on.

Eh, we'll see. 

Ah! It's Gotoh! Watch out, he'll make you walk through deserts, volcanoes and frozen peaks before he tells you what the hell he wants!

B but anri's way is an enjoyable and integral part of the game. 

The most important thing is that the guy's face looks hilarious, and also like a butt. You must use him so I may continue to stress the fact that his face looks like a butt.

You look like a butt. 

Gee, I wonder where I've seen something like this before. Perhaps in that completely unrelated series of anime chess?

It is a mystery. 

No, that one doesn't need to resort to cheap tricks.

Sleep taking all your stats away, Berserk, random chance to unequip your weapon, enemies being invisible sometimes, need I go on.  

So that's what 'stache' does.

Yey, depressed old man and edgelord I forgot!

Hooray!

Did you know that butter, when consumed in great quantities, has a high chance of causing chronic hiccups?

LIES! LIES! LIES! LIES! LIES!

On 11/25/2020 at 1:57 AM, Eltosian Kadath said:
  Hide contents

Naw, I am referencing a Mareep from Lucahjin's Blind Heart Gold LP. Admittedly that name came from Peeram being Mareep backwards, and his yellow fur making him look like a ram that was...

No bully!

OOH!

They just teed you up for that shot. Although going from the sand trap into the water hazard wasn't ideal...

I always score high when playing the game with the objective to play the game the least.

(to add a slight comment here, when transliterating words from other languages into Japanese, they often use the u vowel sound ending to indicate a purely consonate sound, hence treating Su like simply a S.)

Hey! Thats pretty cool, thanks man. 

What did Piplup do to get his red card? The referees on this field must be biased and blind.

He was offside, it seems. 

What were you expecting from a corperation like PineCo, they always take from the average citizen with their ludicrous potion tax breaks.

The 1% has hoarded the best 99% of items for too long. 

...why does that seem uncomfortably sexual comme-

... ugh...

I agree. 

It wouldn't be a Pokemon game if some old man didn't insist he teach you how to catch a Pokemon, after you caught a whole team of them.

Well, it's always good to make room for the elder's... wisdom

Use the Est, let the terrifying strength of Magikarp guide your team to victory.

No. 

Was there some secret midroll ad I blocked? What's with all this false click-baity tension?

P-pwease turn off adblock, we need to shove super tentacle wars on your screen or we wont make any money.

The first evolution of the run. Seeing as this is a three stage mon, I guess its more like seeing a trainee unit reach a normal class, then like a regular promotion...

That would be an apt analogy.  

Haggling is a strange custom, isn't it...

That would be a more logical explanation, but I think it's funnier for them to change their prices on how much a customer's swagger is exaggerated. 

Updat E

Spoiler

Yyfhnm7h o

Today, we are going to finish this objective and finally conquer Pugilis, but first, we should have a look at the two new warlords who joined up last time. 

Iyt7gjbk oLd8c7qqb oA9v2iqoi o

Rally is always decent, but Motochika has TWO Pokémon with him. 

Oshawott is pretty much just Piplup, their only real differences are that their evolutions are different. 

Chingling is interesting however. It has the incredibly awkward, but quite useful move Confusion, which has a chance to cause a status of the same, that is functionally Berserk from FE. It has Levitate which makes it ignore terrain, so it shouldn't have as much trouble aiming its attack. Sadly it's stats arent great and it takes a while for it to evolve. 

Ntnk3mhs oKj24sdnf oKxtrqcsz o

Brotherhood exists I guess. This guy has two mons as well. 

Snivy is fine, its accurate and dodgy , it's problem however is that it has fairly low attack with a low damaging move. It gets better when it evolves however, and does so fairly quickly. Overgrow, is just Torrent/Blaze but for grass. 

Ralts is pretty bad, unlike the floating Chingling, Ralts has a hard time positioning itself to hit with the 2nd half of a longbow that is confusion. Ralts however, has a special evolution route which I will probably talk about later.  

Anyway, a quick look at our enemies!

0s9yilre o1ngbwy4w oLeyiaut9 oQst7dbrq oUwspb6io o

They are strong, but at this point we aren't hugely outclassed anymore, so I think we can take 'em. 

Xtctgaba oJjev9vq3 oXgluvbyy o

Haha. We do. 

J0yjjvdi oGwlsgmwt o

The team. 

303of7zo o

The Kingdom of Pugilis

Kpy2ql6m o864x0yg8 oExb8ny5c oHdpyapaa oNd75k9bo oRdxqn8nt oNnpqakis oAgiza2xm o

Gee! What a charming fellow. 

Dbf2h6gx oPwkj6yn4 oNteqvq3g oYmvthd0j oDtoaxvgz o

Well, 'aint that an interesting map objective. 

Mu3ky8t3 oJtgovfe2 oQjndrlvz oKncyj6sf o

This map's gimmick is to hold 4 points while we keep getting knocked off them, sounds intersting right? Well you see there's a teensy tiny problem with that...

Eie0zlsp oE5xooyy6 o

Map and Rickroll

Lxmjj7jy o6bn0cxf1 oRkwy62ww o

It's a rush straight to the centre for both sides.

Kxn9zt0b oVeu6dmlt oVmhmz1gt o

We make our moves, keeping out of Gurdurr's range and take 2 banners. 

Rccfy8ny o6aovqzla o

The enemy take 2 banners. 

Nlpfry2d oQch6n3oi oN8yl7tfa oVc21xgxh oMqebc3rd oWef44w2g oB7gjvv1m oSfxdaqqk o

We knock our opponents off the banners an Mareep blasts the two Timburrs. We tighten formation bracing for attack. 

V7s5lrkm o4qc5vi2w oUxdabq1f oTngswyp2 o

See remember a few parts back when I mentioned that the way the AI works, makes one map particularly easy to cheese. Yeah, it's this one. The AI will always, ALWAYS try to occupy a banner if at all possible. Additionally, all of the Pokémon can only attack directly in front of them. See where I'm going with this? The truth of the matter is, the enemy will park themselves on the banners and let themselves get knocked off without even thinking of eliminating our mons. 

Dt6atcvb oEqhpxysg o0zxi61uj oBjthx3pz o

Bonk time. 

Qozv1rzh oQmfpqoca oPjnsdme0 o

We back off and pick up an item. 

J6g9vjcw oSrwa3j8u o

Man boosts defence for no reason. 

Gqbj3q0l oSvbsmyag oTbfan6ah oXrrbrn9n o6loupvda o1juvq1ur oSknbzhaf oDiqkxxhv oAvcpoeq9 oGeycgoo0 oAd7qcvga oNdfc5a4m oMotm4omi oQingq8az o

A short montage of cheesing the heck ou of these guys later and we claim our third banner. (Machop's attack went up because it got burned, which triggered the Guts ability)

W3xn7jfk oT1sk7dcv oHgibuzt8 oHgibuzt8 o2byebuhf oZweal8h4 o7lelliio oIhxwnwiy o

Unfortunately, this guy boosts his range to grab the banner, then gets paralysed by static. This lets Timburr knock our Pansage off the ring. 

Sf5ynbi0 oNjradg7x oNs819nhi oQuvxhven o1mjoctzt oDt0ytx5u oYw84w5cw o

We knock off the Timburr and knock out the Pansage. 

Px0neuue oYxf67lwf oX9nmwblt o89a2fqye oYtbyxrsd o32gzbhnv oDzpckzjp oQwlckfaq o2cx5yrtx o5vsjoxdi oJgenorji oNleuv9vo oWrruasb6 o

We get 2 K.Os in and find 2 potions. 

Ojhvvllz oDdfdo1r0 o5utwxycy o

Machop dies of burn, which sucks because we don't get to recruit. 

1a9qp638 oPxcpsdcx oDwj1bxnn oHtyh5xq0 oLcmecyvr oNjnpchk0 oGuq36egy oQm621nnd oUmforppe o

Sadly, we are just a few points short of a K.O, but that's life. 

1faunnln o8yfgjapx o

Eevee takes the hit, meaning we can no longer recruit this Timburr. 

8sxpbkeb oVkceh79y o2axq5ltj oDwculkvs oC06wvfns o

Starly grabs an item that I failed to cap, Piplup gets the K.O and Charmander gets some gold. 

Wkdpkekk oBkhwuthn o4shlixlk oOpnisorx oVmfsgirj oEcguycp9 oXur2y12i oRo4kliqj o

Staravia hits a bell, which boosts the attack of everyone on our team, the red bell on the other side would have done the same for the other team but the AI never uses it. Mareep takes the last banner, and since there are no more enemies left, the game doesn't make us wait 5 turns and just gives us the win (It will do this even if there are less than 5 turns left). 

3kfvqrpe oFhw6snor o76uplr36 oCs8vq1cf o

After battle thingie. 

Epdo0ztm o7kayvmm0 oWmth6ufn oFbownkyz oK5c6dh3b o

Thanks, now get in the army. 

Qv2roeas oEerooiln oGkdlxgcu oRputabih oT5umcyay oZvbnexrv o

I put the new guys into Chrysalia. 

Opffglr0 o9vqipg3r o8yabvx8n oX1jafyu5 oIg16yecz o

Mareep promotes. 

Voftrayl o5ujutp4z oMmp1tbtf oQdyhpei8 o21x3ojfb oKasuwugu oEt35pzmj oW6yw6671 oLudtftpc oHdwwcr7a oAg066jmh oV6m4mwcs oIpks0tlr oZdco64v2 oMortj6an oVtgfnrhw o

The midget squad show up and tell us to go do more war or something, but first, we have new stuff to check out. 

Gjbezc5c o

First up Flaafy.  Flaafy's stats got a huge boost and it's new attack Discharge is a powerful AoE attack. The only problem is that you need to be careful when and where you attack to avoid friendly fire. 

In6pr8iv oTx1lqesu o

Mighty blow is always nice, Gurdurr is a powerful and bulky mon but it is quite slow. Thrust gives Wake-Up-Slap a shove effect, not what the translation error says. 

This guy has Top Speed, I have already taked about Pansage. 

K7cncbj6 oCrnnuwsx o2xbedtfm o4usxqhuh o

These happen. 

Iyuczgy3 oOfokr4ql oAbaapxey o

We delegate all else to train, and end month. 

Abtwesxd oIyjpespx o

We overtake the real world. 

Qckurpkw o9n81wbd4 oI4ehxsps o9yy48j6g oTsvgspxc oBcccnhrz oAqaw9qwj oR0aaka29 o

We do some fighting and grab some new items, now for our second map of the day. 

No8rhjuj oEvakhy6v o

Flaafy and Charmander time. 

2gv6uyin oYph2bb8p oBatadico oRahobbbu oVmekaxzu oImjb79d6 oSt9orl1u o

Turn1 and 2 Flaafy chips Treeko to guarentee the ember kill. 

Llwdmn8o oQibzb6et oCeafolsl o

Enemies move, Flaafy is awesome. 

Zakxtxkv oFywhxpcq oGa7pyi21 o4swvmt4b o

We get some hits in. 

Pnnkuche o

Enemy gets A hit in. 

2cslk8lo oNrhewhno oSjhbhman oXjvxw8rc o

Hit more, get hit more. 

Kbzdrslu oGokzfem5 oKha2robz oFfwsx6ns o

Flaafy Jeigans for Charmander. 

C6lb2q6j oSp4fu7fy oGwrlsrmn oWuwe75bc oCzqpqn0o o

We trade hits, sadly that crit burned, so Flaafy had to finish the job. 

G3xkal8t oW4dfxplr oCfcwnnvn o

Hits, money and just barely too little damage. 

Niowhojj oXy62b42s oKfcpgqgz oMvesnciy o

Money Get and Ember for clear. 

Rkbqhxpk oR1e0sh4o oFiwkr2ot oQiapg8le o

After battle. 

Chhkywfq oEekr7zyy oWfygbilm o7cdqerbh oOoxrvefc o

Charmander promotes. 

Vbev5pn7 oRkftn23v o

Happy New Year!

Ciiaxsci o

All around stat buff, Fire Fang is strong and combos very well with added bonus. 

Akhtqxhy o

Next time we have to make a route split choice. Very easy or very not easy (I will show off both)

Reset Counter: 1 Oichi (Jigglypuff)

Death Counter 1: Rikyu (Darumaka)

Well folks, that's all for today, as always stay buttery. 

4 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Diantha was so forgettable, I had to look her up just now, the whole Kalos elite 4 were kinda lame tbh. 

I do not understand the Kalos stans.

I'm not sure what you mean, but sure. 

Mareep is a solid line in game if you ask me, so Conquest is getting points for accuracy.

8yabvx8n o

This is in my ears with this pose.

Gjbezc5c o

First up Flaafy.  Flaafy's stats got a huge boost and it's new attack Discharge is a powerful AoE attack. The only problem is that you need to be careful when and where you attack to avoid friendly fire. 

This game doesn't seem like it leaves you in the situation where you're forced to hit allies as well often.

Am I wrong?

Ciiaxsci o

All around stat buff, Fire Fang is strong and combos very well with added bonus. 

So flinching causes the opponent's turn to skip right?

Next time we have to make a route split choice. Very easy or very not easy (I will show off both)

What do you mean by that I wonder.

Spoiler
11 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Hey guys welcome back to the channel. Smash that follow button or I'll break into your house. 

If I smash that follow button now I'll just unfollow the thread. You sure you want that?

Well, I for one am glad to see you here every week, I hope you are enjoying yourself. 

Awww... Well, I suppose it's a bit like you with my Berwick LP. Sometimes I have difficulties following the action, but it's fun enough.

Only I make an effort to reply to every update, because I am by far the better person of the two.

B but anri's way is an enjoyable and integral part of the game. 

En-Enjoyable!?

...Okay, not gonna lie, it's better than 6x. Watching Etzel eat the entire wyvern population with excalibur was great fun.

You look like a butt. 

Va5sjh4i o

Sleep taking all your stats away, Berserk, random chance to unequip your weapon, enemies being invisible sometimes, need I go on.  

That is not cheap, that is peak tactical goodness. Do not insult the masterpiece.

Oshawott is pretty much just Piplup, their only real differences are that their evolutions are different. 

Chingling is interesting however. It has the incredibly awkward, but quite useful move Confusion, which has a chance to cause a status of the same, that is functionally Berserk from FE. It has Levitate which makes it ignore terrain, so it shouldn't have as much trouble aiming its attack. Sadly it's stats arent great and it takes a while for it to evolve. 

I still have no idea who Motochika is. I know we've seen him before, but I've completely forgotten where.

0s9yilre o1ngbwy4w oLeyiaut9 oQst7dbrq oUwspb6io o

They are strong, but at this point we aren't hugely outclassed anymore, so I think we can take 'em. 

I keep thinking that the bandit bros from the start of the game keep appearing everywhere. This game's portraits are too elaborate and full of personality to pass off as generics, seriously.

Map and Rickroll

Real talk though, I quite like this one.

See remember a few parts back when I mentioned that the way the AI works, makes one map particularly easy to cheese. Yeah, it's this one. The AI will always, ALWAYS try to occupy a banner if at all possible. Additionally, all of the Pokémon can only attack directly in front of them. See where I'm going with this? The truth of the matter is, the enemy will park themselves on the banners and let themselves get knocked off without even thinking of eliminating our mons. 

This game is easy, Butterman. Only scrubs play this. Real men play Berwick S--

Ro4kliqj o

Haha you failed to capture anyone, you failed Butterman. Capture, more like departure of all the potential recruits.

Ig16yecz o

Mareep promotes. 

That a new face? Don't think we've seen it before.

Voftrayl o5ujutp4z o

Now's when Corrin instates himself as God Emperor and rules the land with an iron fist, murdering any who oppose him... But just when all hope seemed to be lost, a blue-haired prince surfaces and begins a revolution, bringing hope back to the hearts of the oppressed people. FIRE EMBLEM: CONQUEST.

Ipks0tlr o

WHY DOES THIS BASTARD HAVE A NEW FACE FOR EVERY APPEARANCE!? KILL HIM, DAMNIT! I DEMAND THAT YOU KILL HIM FIRST CHANCE YOU GET!!

Czqpqn0o o

We trade hits, sadly that crit burned, so Flaafy had to finish the job. 

Of course! Buttface is a generic! I should've known. I demand a full team of buttfaces. Make it happen, Butterman. It's even in your name, see? Butt erman? It's fate. You have to do it.

Charmander promotes. 

Hurray, now he's... redder.

Akhtqxhy o

Here's hoping for some deaths. This game is so easy that it's giving me nothing to work with.

that's all for today, as always stay buttery. 

I never stay buttery.

Spoiler

On 11/28/2020 at 8:25 PM, Pengaius said:

Ugh, he looks like an edgelord.

Ah, but he's not absurdly good, so I guess he isn't an edgywedgie.

0s9yilre o

This man has a fantastic beard.

Leyiaut9 o

"Hey hey! My name is Mekkah, and you've found my Youtube channel!"

The AI will always, ALWAYS try to occupy a banner if at all possible. Additionally, all of the Pokémon can only attack directly in front of them.

Good job.

T5umcyay o

NOOOO I MISSED A DEATH CRIPES I'LL HAVE TO GO FIND THAT

On time and on point! As walways!

Spoiler
On 11/29/2020 at 3:25 PM, Pengaius said:

Are you sure you want to do that? It's over the melting point of butter in here. Like so far over it'd be liquid the moment it entered.

The most memorable things about Kalos are that it looked like France, it had 3D graphics, and they tried to pass off Viridian forest as a new area.

Yes, later on it is possible to find wild Gyarados. 

Why even have Magikarp then?

Oh, fuck did I spoil you, sorry. 

I'm unspoilable, for I believe any tale is about the journey... not the destination. In other words, I like to see the events of how something happens, regardless of whether I know the outcome.

... Sex

For the record, the KGB have been water-boarding me for the last week over that. So now I'm late.

The mareep one was good, but the others were meh. 

I mean, Venipede is a meh Pokemon. It deserves a meh pun.

Nope, those guys are all usable in some manner, this game's Magikarp is litteraly useless. 

Unsure whether "litterally" is a typo or a pun on Magikarp being garbage. More like Magikrap.

So that's what 'stache' does.

I mean, it also affects your "lucky" strikes.

1mjoctzt oDt0ytx5u oYw84w5cw o

We knock off the Timburr and knock out the Pansage. 

I'm Bord of making woodcutter puns... but "Timburr".

Machop dies of burn, which sucks because we don't get to recruit. 

Guess he got Machopped from the roster.

Guess I'm out of jokes now.

Sorry for the late update, been a tad busy. 

Part 8: If somebody tries to invade your country, just say no. 

Replies: 

Spoiler
On 11/29/2020 at 9:31 AM, Dayni said:

I do not understand the Kalos stans.

I mean, the music was pretty fire. 

Mareep is a solid line in game if you ask me, so Conquest is getting points for accuracy.

Well, for now...

This is in my ears with this pose.

How much weight... can you handle. 

This game doesn't seem like it leaves you in the situation where you're forced to hit allies as well often.

Well, you always have the option, but sometimes you just have to deal with a bit of friendly fire to make the best moves. 

So flinching causes the opponent's turn to skip right?

The Pokémon misses a turn but the warrior doesn't

What do you mean by that I wonder.

Well, you'll see. 

On 11/29/2020 at 4:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

If I smash that follow button now I'll just unfollow the thread. You sure you want that?

I mean, I quote you in every update, so you'll still be getting alerted, so following doesn't matter that much. 

Awww... Well, I suppose it's a bit like you with my Berwick LP. Sometimes I have difficulties following the action, but it's fun enough.

I suppose that is the case. 

Only I make an effort to reply to every update, because I am by far the better person of the two.

Well, you are a Saint after all. 

En-Enjoyable!?

...Okay, not gonna lie, it's better than 6x. Watching Etzel eat the entire wyvern population with excalibur was great fun.

I think that the maps are mostly quite good, and you could argue that Marth is 'earning' the right to lead the future of Archanea. 

Va5sjh4i o

...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................bruh

That is not cheap, that is peak tactical goodness. Do not insult the masterpiece.

Berwick Saga, more like Bruhwick Saga. 

I still have no idea who Motochika is. I know we've seen him before, but I've completely forgotten where.

Fair, these names are kinda hard to remember. 

I keep thinking that the bandit bros from the start of the game keep appearing everywhere. This game's portraits are too elaborate and full of personality to pass off as generics, seriously.

Well it's definitely better than Garbage Bags

Real talk though, I quite like this one.

Yes, it's working...

Berwick Saga is easy, Butterman. Only scrubs play it. Real men play This game. 

Haha. That is certainly true, <Serenes Forest User Saint Rubenio>

Haha you failed to capture anyone, you failed Butterman. Capture, more like departure of all the potential recruits.

Gkdlxgcu o

mhm

That a new face? Don't think we've seen it before.

No, you've seen it a few times already, such as when Mareep evolved. 

Now's when Corrin instates himself as God Emperor and rules the land with an iron fist, murdering any who oppose him... But just when all hope seemed to be lost, a blue-haired prince surfaces and begins a revolution, bringing hope back to the hearts of the oppressed people. FIRE EMBLEM: CONQUEST.

Keep working hard and I'm sure Nintendo will love your pitch. You'll develop a game yet. 

WHY DOES THIS BASTARD HAVE A NEW FACE FOR EVERY APPEARANCE!? KILL HIM, DAMNIT! I DEMAND THAT YOU KILL HIM FIRST CHANCE YOU GET!!

We don't get to fight him all story, only in postgame, which I won't be playing, so you have to play the game

Of course! Buttface is a generic! I should've known. I demand a full team of buttfaces. Make it happen, Butterman. It's even in your name, see? Butt erman? It's fate. You have to do it.

Kill Derric (haven't read the update yet, sorry if this wrecks ya)

Hurray, now he's... redder.

And fierier. 

Here's hoping for some deaths. This game is so easy that it's giving me nothing to work with.

Or I am just that good... nah you're right, as often you are. 

I never stay buttery.

Then thrust yourself off the mortal coil, and burn. 

On 12/2/2020 at 1:43 AM, Benice said:
  Hide contents

Ugh, he looks like an edgelord.

Ah, but he's not absurdly good, so I guess he isn't an edgywedgie.

An edgeypoo if you will. 

This man has a fantastic beard.

Better than Ward's amirite. 

"Hey hey! My name is Mekkah, and you've found my Youtube channel!"

In this series, we talk about how YOU GUYS suck at Fire Emblem. 

Good job.

Congration. 

I don't see the lewdness, please explain. 

NOOOO I MISSED A DEATH CRIPES I'LL HAVE TO GO FIND THAT

Y-you mean you haven't been keeping up 😞

On time and on point! As walways!

Walways happy to see ya. Batter late than never.

44 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Are you sure you want to do that? It's over the melting point of butter in here. Like so far over it'd be liquid the moment it entered.

It's cool I have a Portable Cooling Unit. 

The most memorable things about Kalos are that it looked like France, it had 3D graphics, and they tried to pass off Viridian forest as a new area.

Shhh, we did'nt notice. 

Why even have Magikarp then?

Uhhhh, it's iconic?

I'm unspoilable, for I believe any tale is about the journey... not the destination. In other words, I like to see the events of how something happens, regardless of whether I know the outcome.

Well, that's good I suppose. 

For the record, the KGB have been water-boarding me for the last week over that. So now I'm late.

Bro, just tell them no, then they can't legally commit War Crimes against you.

I mean, Venipede is a meh Pokemon. It deserves a meh pun.

I-I like Venipede, it's super cute. 

Unsure whether "litterally" is a typo or a pun on Magikarp being garbage. More like Magikrap.

I typod, fuck this LP over, thanks for coming out everybody. .

I'm Bord of making woodcutter puns... but "Timburr".

Please

Guess he got Machopped from the roster.

Stop

Guess I'm out of jokes now.

Thanks. 

Update:

Spoiler

J8hffmo4 o

Today we are going to be conquering Illusio I suppose. We'll check our opponents, and the guys from Terrra too while we're at it. 

Lghhkm85 oWn72tqwz oDyx7oedh oTjib8h65 oYre5e3dp oGexq4vh2 o

Illusio first, none of the enemy should give us too much trouble, except that Gallade, unless we get the right luck...

V61ugyqa oAvcpvblc oIzkwpedl oPyhv4yt6 oIcvmib5k oU60bmhkc o

Tererra is a bit better though, aside from the base form fire types, Rhyperior could be nasty though. 

Normally, we do the castle battle first and leave the other report stuff till later, but I feel like doing them first today. 

Gxacbnbl oImcjqqgu oFm7vrbx6 oGaqix7et oOsadlzx8 oTyshwg7r oLuoxcyqv o

Staravia and Spheal beat up the fat clown guy, which is very therapeutic for Sessai. We also have these guys, train some Kingdoms. 

Tzg9ho1a oVmdqnift oPjzaau5k o6pxnljkr o

Oichi gives us a not so peppy pep-talk and we go. 

Zdknopy3 o5018midm oJyfnwyfc o

This is the team that we're bringing today, only 4 peeps because we're gonna kick butt anyway.

A9nwwc9a o

The Kingdom of Illusio

P3a58pgy o9mhbt9vj oHyxrlhfc oGcwhutsh oNqsrvzcp oPknx4dwq oGccwif2n oHtzebsbd o

Kenshin just tells us no, so apparently we cannot invade him, a man with a hat then tells us to leave.  

Q7cofzxo oYs510vph oCqhwhkuq oBoca1asn oQhauamh0 o5m37qsu6 oTo51xzby oVwigatmj oDnpv6itt oXayfauts oIlcx9a3c o

Bruh. Immediately after refusing to battle us after having us return home empty handed, kenshin sends his peeps to attack us when our morale is low, kind of a dick move man. we can't even tell them no. 

Fcpsnjsg oHzsmpy4e oVbmyqvki oVegbtpln o6pzieieh oUpirfzu6 o

We are back at Chrysalia again, but this time we're on the defensive. 

Rbwowv8j o3ep1abxq oWlwkccx2 o

We move closer and Eevee yeets a ball at Ralts. 

N2phjgjr oKyfui3c7 oLju2386k oR9diqhvn oXadwe8ce o9h5bc9yh oKx6ocoxa oZ3nm0om2 o05ovycsf oTtykmdc6 o

The enemy heal up ralts, using Aya's skill, then they get some hits in. We get some hits in while Piplup get's caught up in some fences. 

Qlx9wwbb o8woxlzbt oWkclibe7 o1uiyddxa oZdxzjy5r oY6qvzkgx oZezxv1ac oXgmynhv6 oKgymbpcv oFesd9eun o

We trade hits, I have Spheal pull back and Flaafy breaks Cubchoo's item. 

Ig8zwugh oGh9pyw48 oP7qbpnpv oRrdxk1bi oPlcqmdhs oUfesssdl oT8odz335 o5vzgjqww o2ij3c0bp oCclgtdm4 oQawpmnqv oYpbsfrtc oHowhl39k oF8cshmxb oWwwrswjy oWqjvknjx oRpzno4uu oIgvvpucx oFujmfu59 oLfiymrs8 o5kxcdzas oE7qwra7b o3s9em7pq oTrihl7ok oT547ez5t o2dfm8dsd oMklqxvs4 oY9zbu6lf o15lndnj7 oFpqoqaby oXnkodbl6 o3gkzv7re oLqs8eeqe oFmtxuh7w oNagjqrme oN5neqm4k oKnxb7wmw oAc18oqc0 o

We take some hits, get some K.Os and then cleanup for game. 

Rt8sfbia oR6wgcdzz oLf9fh43g oH7yr7u3e o

Results, we cannot recruit enemies when they have a castle to retreat to.

Xw9qwkzc oSeungyhx oRk67sq53 oNfqbr5p3 oKwejcwoj o

Okay, training arc over I guess. 

Hrjyyzdm oVvburike oIzdnxp8a oMabattjw oDtadwahu oBbr9krka o

Chonky Penguin time. 

Cpa3tqqz oYouspt0w o8fo1bd3e o

Suddenly, flashbang. 

K1yuzfs0 oMphbb91j oHsgnkvpq o

Better captured flashbang and...

Rmfwqmse oTtby3v2y oH8i0qmho o4yeexxco o

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

O2hxzjfi oRm9gmr47 oXbtllo5o oQschozm2 oErriazym oEs2y9vk8 o4l0fbl9c o5gwt6fkl oWnbbhmgx o

Yep, Corrin has evolved, where did the clothes come from? Don't ask. 

U4rkgnv5 oConquest Heroine II.png

Corrin's stats have gotten better, but they don't matter, the real bonus is the Courage Skill, its Top Speed but with an extra attack boost on top, it's really good. I've put the female protags second form here too, because I think it looks less stupid and not like a Kamen Rider. 

Tqnjqkcx oSroqjs3t o

Prinplup has nice HP, Attack and Defense, it's Speed could be better, but it's not terrible. BubbleBeam is just Bubble, but stronger and also from 1 extra tile away, this is a decent range to have, as you can't target right in front of you, but it's not as awkward to use as Confusion. We also replace it's item. 

Qzirf75a oEtc3rsmm o

Time moves, without acknowledging us, also not acknowledged, is the fact that I totally only delegated Pugilis after the battle. 

Tdrqspak o

Also, we cannot battle Terrera anymore  :( Onto Illusio then. 

2tthm4bs oIxorxk8x oMzkccutn oIdes9spa o

THIS IS HOW PSYCHIC WORKS. 

Ah9ux11m oRlyqfgsl oIlkgi9fr o

The team, but for real this time. 

Yuvhhkfz o

The Kingdom of Illusio   (again)

Icwpvdjr oKqson8dn oQqwelbpd o6g7yvqrv oCdb6vfi5 o

We can fight him now. Yay.

Kxi2ppzd oTwmr50fb o6pgw4rte oLvaa6srd o6671kwek oAskzbq2d o

No witty banter this time Kenshin isn't the type. 

B2zixzjv oC2rq8hwy o3aftdt9i o8cp67rlc oYzgratfr o

Confusing eyesore of a map and confusing music.

4vkmevqf oJ1oncuri o

Map gimmick 1: Floating moving tiles. 

4z7fdfoh oA4dyvwou oOpjqiuoy oCgufmgdd o1pdng51k o

We move, and we have to see how the enemy move and whether we get the Good Pattern, the Bad Pattern or the Very, Very Bad Pattern. 

Tyt4rdkg o2kiiqfdl oTvlhwgqm o13q8plac oRw5bmzhi oUmpqgood oWxtiy0ry o

Fortunately we get the Good Pattern, where Gallade parks itself on the banner. Also, Map Gimmick 2: Warp tiles. These arent your standard warp tiles either, they have a rotation so that every 2 turns, the Portals change colour, to another corresponding warp point. 

Tc8yocgk oSszihb1k oIghhshk4 oQ94y6gfu o9cvln20m o26emjcyf oTqzspkgo o

We hit our enemies, and Charmeleon crits Cupchoo, this is unfortunate as we can't recruit Aya now. 

Vu07zo79 oL98fezik oN7brpuqe oZ8ybgiff o

Prinplup takes a hit and Kirlia warps into a bad position. 

B1te5hkm o5aqpq4bk o3wg165ha oCijbc8tl oOvmdddb7 o9asqljlp oQb2ouwxb oD069rsw8 oKbrt1ohy oMdi12q2e o

Flaafy gets a pep talk from Oichi and then chips Kirlia for Eevee to K.O fun thing about Celebrate is that it allows Eevee to not get sucked up by the portal immediately. Ralts uses it's skill to avoid both our hits. The enemy make no meaningful moves. 

Hjilnqwp oBeiw6evk oCnkdsqvz oOcwamw5y o9gxd64nb o1eqm2nb8 oXw2ig9nx oBgavaeaf oQqcy8tad oAutraijn oDn30xndq oFzseotpl o

We take out Ralts, and a few turns of moving later, Charmeleon takes a massive hit from Gallade, putting it in Blaze range. 

Ksiadrqu oOrv4dsp0 oJ3trnmzg oO3olmjud oKy1ic4v0 oUgaf5ent o81gbao5i o9qorutaq oNv7avfak o

Eevee takes out Drilbur, who never even got a chance to attack, Staravia moves closer, and Flaafy paralyses Gallade. 

L3a17ijl oDk2ayus3 oCzx1hnro oErdkyixv oYcp8xuhx o

Kenshin uses a full heal to cure Paralysis, while Flaafy uses discharge again and Pansage portal hops to the middle of the map. 

Xc7g76qu o7cafuhhp oPrklh0mv oWt1eirln oYrz8q1dq o

At this point I'm just waiting for portal rotations so that Pansage and Prinplup can start hitting Gallade, so I'll just speed through a bit. 

Dctugpdh o9cyd53ot o

The boys arrive, and Pansage tanks a hit, because the portals just dump you to any unoccupied tile within 2 spaces. 

Wjiskzrl oI9znjirt oTt1zju0p oJ2tj8qs4 oZugyn9q7 oC6ghatok o9v8yetba oUravlr6o oNpnkft89 oUavyqebf oDhcww4ve oCiicxzfk oUc3ftixw oEcte8pjp oKszhgnck oXtztyma7 o

We spend a few turns slowly chipping away at Gallade as Passive healing and the Parry skill work to undermin us until Flaafy hits the second Paralysis, to get our hitrates high enough for me to start having Staravia fight. 

Aflqmakj oQhd8g1tz o5vzfzkkz o

Sadly, Paralysis does not use up Gallade's turn so it does hit Staravia, but at least it's attack is lowered due to Intimidate. 

C8ygfuyr o5utwxmpu oJyv3bbsp o4lnthxy6 oPzccrklu oMlo9qjby o5ngbf1u5 oTh6shriy oUe7kz07s oMm2v7qcm oAa6aj3kf oTdtdfttf oTl9ath6l oQey18tik oJz5alrwv o

We spend the next few turns just beating Gallade up for game. Reminder, this thing took 10 turns to kill, but since I didn't K.O with a Special Warrior, I guess we don't get to recruit him. Very sad. 

Hyk6mcaz oEx0iyvsu oIutsv5v2 o

Post battle, look at those numbers, also apparently we CAN recruit Kenshin, probably a bug, won't take advantage of it. 

Afathcme o1cj0qll0 oIrr94qv7 oSjtggk3g oMqtgk60t oLthngmqx oIvna2noe oDr8hyhu6 o0ysyiyea oQclgee3o oLolagcqv oDywbomfm oUd7vv7zr oWuspafos o

Kenshin accepts our authority and introsuces us to S.T.A.R.S, uh I mean Fat Ryoma, I mean Takeda Shingen... yeah, nailed it. 

Plceofm6 oQm68ekxo oXdgl8iq6 oZypvkox6 o

The game forces you to recruit Kenshin... yay. 

Slrwmqac oXl7p84ru oAthfiiyp oQyanjwvz oYb3mswkl o

We get all of Kenshin's dudes and yeet them into Chrysalia since they wanted it so much earlier, shame about not getting Aya though...

3frjfwqa oAdoieirc oG9bra3f5 oZ8ozvy4c oMsdcxhtv o6oned9p9 o3kxeettx oAabllkxj oBkx2v3xb o

What a fun happy and wholesome good time, the Angry Kids are here too. 

Jcwd4uij oMufdxyw0 oShnrz9s9 oU5qj8jzx o13bknbco oRekcckwt oEadx0s5b o9xrjdveh oMnnybprt oMcfuyj4l oGm7boczt o5mwa4wgc oTcqppadt o

OH NO! A plot twist that everybody already knew. What a shock. Also, we finally come face to face with our villain and his personal Music Track

Jj03vtfb oPrdk1jad oV3sfipjr oOzboffws oHzmexcf1 oNgnkwazo oGgsyqqml oCkiy6nb3 oWe7tseiy oCbptn05i oEdukhzwc o

Oh boy, the threat is real now. Also no points for guessing what each Kingdom's type is...

Djgche9l o

Also, if you hadn't icked up on it Shingen, just gives us Terrera and joins our army, wish he brought his troops though. We'll review him next time, but we'll review these guys now. 

9tvya1a3 oTkxxoadj o

Bustle good. 

Gallade is a very Powerful mon, being a third form evolution. It's Attack is very high and it doesn't lack in the Defence or Speed. Psycho Cut is an alright move, but it's nothing special. Parry gives an RNG chance to avoid an attack, which is pretty alright. 

Iemyqopy o4qyyqq3v o

Rally is nice to have. Kirlia is the evolved form of Ralts, it isn't very good, being quite frail,and not really having much attack. It can evolve into Gallade, with a Dawn Stone, or Gardevoir by level up, since in the mainline games only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade, and all Kirlia can evolve with a Dawn Stone in this game, it can be assumed that all Kirlia in Ransei are male, and by extension all Ralts and Gardevoir as well. Instinct is the same as Parry. 

Qemrxswk oU32ygsxg o

Marksman is an alright Skill. Abra is just a Magikarp that has a better splash and evolves more easily, this one is actually ready to evolve right now. 

4uu6eb48 oHdh1v4rp o

Impact gives a very high Flich chance to any move for 3 turns, and is a very useful Skill at times. Drilbur has only alright stats, but a powerful evolution, sadly this evolution can be quite hard to reach. Dig is an interesting move as it effectively locks on to the target letting you hit them from anywhere on the map, so long as you mark them first. The user can't be hit on the first turn of dig either since Earthquake isn't in this game. Also Pokémon cannot wait on the tile that you dig from but can freely pass through it, which can allow for some interesting strategies. 

Ssdzfoqy o

Brotherhood exists, I've already spoken about Ralts before. 

Next Time I will be showing what would happen had we attacked Terrera instead. 

Yadda yadda yadda Butter. 

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

The Pokémon misses a turn but the warrior doesn't

So is the warrior affected by paralysis?

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Bruh. Immediately after refusing to battle us after having us return home empty handed, kenshin sends his peeps to attack us when our morale is low, kind of a dick move man. we can't even tell them no. 

Kenshin just really likes being the one to initiate I guess.

3 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So I see humans evolve in this universe.

Interesting.

Amazing just how bland it looks and the most prominent thing in his first form is the only thing to be unchanged when he evolves.

Corrin's stats have gotten better, but they don't matter, the real bonus is the Courage Skill, its Top Speed but with an extra attack boost on top, it's really good. I've put the female protags second form here too, because I think it looks less stupid and not like a Kamen Rider. 

Range of attack?

That sounds powerful.

Also the two actually look similar enough barring the helmet, there being no pink on the guy and her having a cape.

Tqnjqkcx oSroqjs3t o

Prinplup has nice HP, Attack and Defense, it's Speed could be better, but it's not terrible. BubbleBeam is just Bubble, but stronger and also from 1 extra tile away, this is a decent range to have, as you can't target right in front of you, but it's not as awkward to use as Confusion. We also replace it's item. 

Bubble+, nice.

Tdrqspak o

Also, we cannot battle Terrera anymore  :( Onto Illusio then. 

Taking the opportunity to rule over both nations from you smh.

4vkmevqf oJ1oncuri o

Map gimmick 1: Floating moving tiles. 

WAIT THIS ISN'T CONQUEST IT'S REVELATION YOU LIED TO US

Fortunately we get the Good Pattern, where Gallade parks itself on the banner. Also, Map Gimmick 2: Warp tiles. These arent your standard warp tiles either, they have a rotation so that every 2 turns, the Portals change colour, to another corresponding warp point. 

At least it's colour coded?

Kenshin accepts our authority and introsuces us to S.T.A.R.S, uh I mean Fat Ryoma, I mean Takeda Shingen... yeah, nailed it. 

Shingen looks like he'd fit PoKamen Rider.

As the veteran passing his suit onto the protagonist.

Aabllkxj oBkx2v3xb o

What a fun happy and wholesome good time, the Angry Kids are here too. 

WHY IS GALLADE SO CUTE

LOOK AT HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY

And this is cute until-

Mufdxyw0 oShnrz9s9 oU5qj8jzx o

Oh my word, it couldn't be!

Nobunaga has arrived just to check on his sister!

Ggsyqqml o

And you couldn't pick someone like Pugilis? Or Shigen?

9tvya1a3 oTkxxoadj o

Bustle good. 

Gallade is a very Powerful mon, being a third form evolution. It's Attack is very high and it doesn't lack in the Defence or Speed. Psycho Cut is an alright move, but it's nothing special. Parry gives an RNG chance to avoid an attack, which is pretty alright. 

Then what moves count as special?

Iemyqopy o4qyyqq3v o

Rally is nice to have. Kirlia is the evolved form of Ralts, it isn't very good, being quite frail,and not really having much attack. It can evolve into Gallade, with a Dawn Stone, or Gardevoir by level up, since in the mainline games only male Kirlia can evolve into Gallade, and all Kirlia can evolve with a Dawn Stone in this game, it can be assumed that all Kirlia in Ransei are male, and by extension all Ralts and Gardevoir as well. Instinct is the same as Parry. 

Damm Ransei and its sexist policies against pokemon.

So will this one be Gardevoir?

Qemrxswk oU32ygsxg o

Marksman is an alright Skill. Abra is just a Magikarp that has a better splash and evolves more easily, this one is actually ready to evolve right now. 

So it's going to be a Kadabra?

How does trade evolution work then?

4uu6eb48 oHdh1v4rp o

Impact gives a very high Flich chance to any move for 3 turns, and is a very useful Skill at times. Drilbur has only alright stats, but a powerful evolution, sadly this evolution can be quite hard to reach. Dig is an interesting move as it effectively locks on to the target letting you hit them from anywhere on the map, so long as you mark them first. The user can't be hit on the first turn of dig either since Earthquake isn't in this game. Also Pokémon cannot wait on the tile that you dig from but can freely pass through it, which can allow for some interesting strategies. 

Dig got a buff, nice. Shame for Excadrill though.

Is it the most butterful time of the year?

Spoiler

I think that the maps are mostly quite good, and you could argue that Marth is 'earning' the right to lead the future of Archanea. 

He didn't earn it the first time he beat Medeus!?

Berwick Saga, more like Bruhwick Saga. 

You... You...! Well, two can play at that game! Pokemon Conquest, more like Pokemon Cuntquest! Hahah, how's that!?

Haha. That is certainly true, <Serenes Forest User Saint Rubenio>

That is not at all what I said, Butterman! Do not manipulate my words, lest I be forced to deem you a poopyhead!

Kill Derric (haven't read the update yet, sorry if this wrecks ya)

Whatever shall you do when my LP ends and you can no longer tell me to kill Derrick?

Well it's definitely better than Garbage Bags

You're garbage.

...Honestly though, I like this game's artstyle. A bit over the top at times, but it's cool, and it doesn't have fanservice, which for a game called "conquest" is... a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

Or I am just that good... nah you're right, as often you are. 

Aww, thanks... Wait, "Often"? Have you seen my LPs?

Wn72tqwz o

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

*Chainsaw noises*

Let's see how many of you get this one

Kenshin just tells us no, so apparently we cannot invade him, a man with a hat then tells us to leave.  

Ahhh, societal conventions! My only weakness!

- Corrin, probably.

Xayfauts o

She even kinda looks like a fully grown version of that one... A shame this game is too ancient Japan to house any scientist trainers. You might be able to use those against her.

Eevee yeets a ball at Ralts. 

Ralts... That's a name I know, actually. When I was like 10, I finished my only Pokemon game, Emerald. When the rival kid found and captured a Ralts first try, it reminded me of Max from the anime, a character I quite enjoyed... mostly because he looked exactly like me back then, and I related to him as such. I decided I wanted a Ralts for myself, so later on I went back to get one.

I spent a good while there before giving up. I went on the internet, found a ROM editor and somehow managed to make heads and tails of it in order to put a guaranteed Ralts spawn elsewhere in the map. At the ripe age of 10. Back when I didn't know a lick of English. Don't ask me how I did it. I remember I also used the editor to give myself access to exclusive pokemons from the other versions of that gen. Before that I had used cheats to capture one off of a trainer, but you can imagine how that ended. Thankfully, I was able to follow internet instructions to perform a forbidden rite glitch to make the bad egg disappear before it could screw with my save file.

Anyway, back to Ralts. I never even used the damn thing. I solo'd the whole game with my starter Gecko until he got stomped at the league, then I cheesed the league with Rayquaza. Yeah... It was a really weird run, all right. It's also my only experience with Pokemon. So there's that.

Anyway, storytime over. Back to nitpicking the game at hand.

Bbr9krka o

Chonky Penguin time. 

When did we pick this one up, again?

I wish I had something else to say.

Uh indeed.

Erriazym oEs2y9vk8 o

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept called promotion. Unheard of, really.

Cdb6vfi5 o

We can fight him now. Yay.

Oh, what!? Okay, so this is going to sound really stupid, but I hadn't noticed this dude's arm in his other sprite. I thought he only had one arm for the longest time! A shame, that would've made him seem rather badass, but no. He's just a generic angery warrior dude.

this is unfortunate as we can't recruit Aya now. 

Perhaps for the best. You wouldn't like where that one goes in the future...

Dr8hyhu6 o0ysyiyea o

That was really random.

5mwa4wgc o

OH NO! A plot twist that everybody already knew. What a shock.

...Was I supposed to? I don't even know who this fellow is. Wasn't the Big Bad a more pudgy, older man? Actually, he looked a lot like that Shingen guy. Did I just somehow confuse the two? Did they ever appear together in a CG and I just missed the actual Nobunaga? That's dumb of me.

Next Time I will be showing what would happen had we attacked Terrera instead. 

Uhhh, alternate timelines! I dig it.

Yadda yadda yadda Butter. 

Yadda yadda yadda petty Ruben is petty.

Spoiler

Better than Ward's amirite. 

No.

I don't see the lewdness, please explain. 

Perhaps I'm too dirty for this world.

-you mean you haven't been keeping up 😞

*Cough* YES OF COURSE I HAVE

Yre5e3dp o

HEY HEY, THIS IS MEKKAH AND YOU'VE FOUND MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL

5 hours ago, Pengaius said:

0/10 promotes before 90% of the game is done

Jcwd4uij oMufdxyw0 o

Ah, THERE'S the edgelord.

AND HE'S THE BAD GUY! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! BEAT HIM! BEAT HIM!

Shnrz9s9 o

DA TWISTS

Hooray! I didn't miss an update!

Hey-o, there's a decent chance that I'll be posting more than once a week from next week onwards, as I'll be off college from the 18th for a whole month, (alternatively I'll just kinda forget to...)

Part 9: "Part 8" 2: Ground type Boogaloo

The things that have been said to me:

Spoiler
On 12/7/2020 at 9:01 PM, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

So is the warrior affected by paralysis?

No, just the mon.

So I see humans evolve in this universe.

Interesting.

Amazing just how bland it looks and the most prominent thing in his first form is the only thing to be unchanged when he evolves.

Honestly, you should see the third form, its hideous. 

Range of attack?

That sounds powerful.

Movement range, sorry. 

Also the two actually look similar enough barring the helmet, there being no pink on the guy and her having a cape.

Honestly, the pink makes the outfit less monotone. 

WAIT THIS ISN'T CONQUEST IT'S REVELATION YOU LIED TO US

What! Noooo, there aren't any more revelation maps...

WHY IS GALLADE SO CUTE

LOOK AT HOW THEY MASSACRED MY BOY

LET GALLADE BE CUTE, TOXIC MASCULINITY HAS NO PLACE IN RANSEI

And this is cute until-

Oh my word, it couldn't be!

Nobunaga has arrived just to check on his sister!

Le shock!

And you couldn't pick someone like Pugilis? Or Shingen?

She had a Normal type, we're the Normal type kingdom, it just works...

Then what moves count as special?

There is no physical, special split, I don't know why description is like that. 

So will this one be Gardevoir?

So it's going to be a Kadabra?

Eh, we'll see. 

How does trade evolution work then?

Link percentage, ranging from 60-65%

Dig got a buff, nice. Shame for Excadrill though.

One of my few problems with the game, is that a decent chunk of the mons in the game are kinda locked behind Grindwalls, especially ones from lategame types being almost locked to postgame. 

Is it the most butterful time of the year?

It is always, the most Butterful time. 

On 12/7/2020 at 9:40 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

He didn't earn it the first time he beat Medeus!?

Fe1 is Marth's growth as a person, Fe3 is his growth as a leader. 

You... You...! Well, two can play at that game! Pokemon Conquest, more like Pokemon Cuntquest! Hahah, how's that!?

I could report you for saying that bad word... probably

That is what I said, Butterman! Do manipulate my words, lest I be forced to deem you a good and distinguished gentleman!

Whatever shall you do when my LP ends and you can no longer tell me to kill Derrick?

IDK, might use Volo Berwick Saga.

You're garbage.

Meanie. 

...Honestly though, I like this game's artstyle. A bit over the top at times, but it's cool, and it doesn't have fanservice, which for a game called "conquest" is... a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.

HAHA, there is No fanservice, heh heh heh...

Aww, thanks... Wait, "Often"? Have you seen my LPs?

Yes, I have, and I find your resourcefulness and determination to be very endearing. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~

*Chainsaw noises*

Let's see how many of you get this one

Mad Father?

Ralts... That's a name I know, actually. When I was like 10, I finished my only Pokemon game, Emerald. When the rival kid found and captured a Ralts first try, it reminded me of Max from the anime, a character I quite enjoyed... mostly because he looked exactly like me back then, and I related to him as such. I decided I wanted a Ralts for myself, so later on I went back to get one.

I spent a good while there before giving up. I went on the internet, found a ROM editor and somehow managed to make heads and tails of it in order to put a guaranteed Ralts spawn elsewhere in the map. At the ripe age of 10. Back when I didn't know a lick of English. Don't ask me how I did it. I remember I also used the editor to give myself access to exclusive pokemons from the other versions of that gen. Before that I had used cheats to capture one off of a trainer, but you can imagine how that ended. Thankfully, I was able to follow internet instructions to perform a forbidden rite glitch to make the bad egg disappear before it could screw with my save file.

Anyway, back to Ralts. I never even used the damn thing. I solo'd the whole game with my starter Gecko until he got stomped at the league, then I cheesed the league with Rayquaza. Yeah... It was a really weird run, all right. It's also my only experience with Pokemon. So there's that.

Your tactiics confuse and frighten me sir. 

When did we pick this one up, again?

We got Chikamasa in Fontaine, I remember you complained about everyone's names. 

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept called promotion. Unheard of, really.

Shhh. Kaga will sue. 

Oh, what!? Okay, so this is going to sound really stupid, but I hadn't noticed this dude's arm in his other sprite. I thought he only had one arm for the longest time! A shame, that would've made him seem rather badass, but no. He's just a generic angery warrior dude.

Yeah, Kenshin has one of my least favourite designs, because of how "generic video game ninja" 

That was really random.

...Was I supposed to? I don't even know who this fellow is. Wasn't the Big Bad a more pudgy, older man? Actually, he looked a lot like that Shingen guy. Did I just somehow confuse the two? Did they ever appear together in a CG and I just missed the actual Nobunaga? That's dumb of me.

No no, This is his first appearance, but anybody slightly familiar with the Warring States Period (or has played a Samurai Warriors game) would know that the real life Oda Nobunaga and O-Ichi no Kata were siblings. 

Uhhh, alternate timelines! I dig it.

Heheh, yeah, sure 'alternate'

Yadda yadda yadda pretty Ruben is pretty.

Nyohoho

On 12/7/2020 at 10:31 PM, Benice said:
  Hide contents

No.

YES.

Perhaps I'm too dirty for this world.

Then take a bath. 

*Cough* YES OF COURSE I HAVE

Okay, what part did we take Violight in then?

0/10 promotes before 90% of the game is done

Shhh. 

Ah, THERE'S the edgelord.

Actually no. The Edgelord is coming up though. 

AND HE'S THE BAD GUY! YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! BEAT HIM! BEAT HIM!

Eh, we'll see

DA TWISTS

DU TWOSTS

Why would you have?

The thing that I have done:

Spoiler

J8hffmo4 o

We have gone back in time in order to do battle, with Terrera as we were so cruelly denied. Also, Prinplup became Piplup again.

Naprncx3 oXudxeb94 oBfsbvysc o9jfhoxy5 oGbewtvlk oI7kojdvn o

The opponents this time aren't anything that we can't handle, Except maybe Rhyperior, it's one tough cookie. 

Qqkizs7q oCxembdvv oRimogzua oLykiz8sb o

Ub0jwupl oV84wqbry o

After a pep talk, we decide to bring this team to battle. 

Pym0fe5i o

The Kingdom of Terrera

Gxa2dpr8 oPjiynlxs o2dvtxgjv oOuvzrn69 oSu5lk0uh oFsecejr1 o7nvyuhww oPjbpmprr o0hw4xyfw o6ryz3fr8 oLsusfbhs oFhqihvy4 o

Much like Kenshin before him, Shingen tells us to come back when we're a little mmmmm stronger. (seizure warning on the link)

On3npspr o5qrn5cxb oAxfhn1w2 oOmakic6z o1malauyo oB3uj11ox o

This is much the same as last update. 

Swl7unsm oOeejdvyk oQonbme4j oGxcii21k oFaluop4y oIlyehhw7 o

On 10/15/2020 at 10:39 PM, Pengaius said:

0a3n8qaq b

Also this is Yukimura he is a surprise tool that will help us later. 

HaHa! Foreshadowing.

L8oaelwt oUmisayqt o5cwgzttd oOyzoz68t oNlxtdjmc o5fud6nvo oVoywajza o

We in Pugilis this time, first turns are just moving. 

58qu0pkp oXurlz7n4 o0ppsr6ka o

Banners. 

Avoodnfx oCxduj5ju o6wn9rbu0 o

Bell and Banner. 

M3dssxcy o

Enemy move. 

Lolq4djz oHt89ckw8 oMysouyhv oWmwjgmax oCq4mlcto oOqirgcnu oKpyfvcfa oIceryqgf oQi0wotnk o

We get rid of Scraggy and knock Tepig offstage, also Potion. 

1tgjrder oRxqe47jv o

The enemy move and Charmeleon eats a bulldoze. 

Tmec864z oKfijdavu o7jxnkf2k oGsk3ulix o9baeud5f o52djwqn5 o

Charmeleon leaves, being unable to eat any more hits, Gurdurr shoves Ryhorn into place for Piplup to K.O. Eevee knocks Drilbur away, but breaks its item.

Saiz7ngx oFl30xay6 oDyguybnq oMr8t0wq5 oQyrtim2t oRnder6vx o

Enemies move, Charmander takes a Banner, but on our turn we knock it off the platform, Staravia decides to harass Drilbur. 

7bjzhmnf o

Por Tepig, it only gets to just walk around all battle. 

Py7jwmfa oOketwxht o

More harassment, and a Banner. 

Vkcchezs oDojsgzdb o

He's movin. 

Zg7to3wl oC351bbgp o

Poor, Poor Tepig and Drilbur. 

Fouye5ts oDxvt0hhz o

The enemy double cap our banners. 

8zl1pj6y oWmzaytk0 oVgofhq7d oS4dgcttd oQo1sd2ag oFnek5uqb o

Charmeleon bells, Piplup takes out Drilbur and Staravia decides to harass Tepig. 

Gneei0gb oZaix1zab o

W-What!!! This has never happened before, Charmander actively left it's banner to attack, this defies everything I know about this game's AI. 

Tjdyvyx5 o2bclw0gy oXu8x8lf3 oIc0yxy5l o

We K.O buggy AImander, and move out of Tepig's range. 

J1qmpz3j oAobjgzsp o3iwuirmm oPpy6pyiq oHjeqm0ql o

We take the last Banner and Piplup takes out Tepig. 

5limm9ar oF9qiqscz oEzvkkyws oEneih65p o

After battle results. 

45xfvqjf oQyn61ccc oVcsmncv8 oFti0fyyo o

Bye Glasses Mechanist man. 

Fuq9op0d oPex4rkvh o4xmdwo7o o

Prinplup Time. 

Izmmoihy oRnrjxmp9 oIydmzptl oW633af6a oPyaho1nc oJ55op5um oM6ywo3k9 oAfeqrlvw oHnsw8qiv oPtnigkar oCro6w8lm oQdlinijo o6qilfl53 oDym4trdj o

This is word for word the same scene as last update. 

Wqqbi7sg oRtlq4o49 o

We cannot fight Illusio anymore. 

7v1jkq79 o1jw060uc oG4hdpffm oDet2jzbf oLinmde0u o

We go!

Kyjq43qr o

The Kingdom of Terrera... again (is this joke getting old yet?)

Z2pbdqoj o226dbwjz oVemys4wd oVqbftue4 oGgcngfoz o

We can fight now!

0wds96v4 oJumfvvtc o666y0u9u oKfd493nn o2rlbxkep o28km5irv oOtqmjkl7 o93sjjfys oEh9gexlq oWcarjllj o

It's a short timed Banner map. For certain reasons, this is the easiest map in the game. 

Sxoi5ws4 oY0hlntsq oEwkcq3ri o6cp7ixr5 o

Map and Music, the track is kinda boring tho. 

Ldrpxmbu oLxfwbk72 oGg2pg4o0 o

Deforestation and movement. 

Corcqt42 o

The enemy all hide behind the tower for some reason. 

K6in9usc oLmnmxhjf o0kz7uwn1 oBdzcl5il o

We move, and thankfully due to the dynamic camera we can actually see the enemy during EP. 

D3fwd71p oWb87naf9 oVjgpniw2 o0nphy7xn oMuuzpifk o

The enemy kindly demonstrate the 2 map gimmicks for us. 1: Lifts and 2: Wind that knocks Pokémon off the towers and deal Ground type damage. 

0mpeofjz oCqlcgaiy oGsyx1pyt oKjnaxdwa o

Prinplup shoots at Scraggy from behind the tree, and the others move into position. Not seen, Flaafy rides the leftmost elevator. (fun fact about this map, if you have 3 Floaters with 4 movement yo can have them all on the elevators this turn, and since the wind blew last turn, there cannot be any Pokémon on the towers, so you can Seize all banners uncontested next turn, making this the Only map in the game you can beat without any combat.)

C59kaie4 oNfxw5igm o

Tepig and Scraggy climb the towers again, because it went so well for them last time.

Ux273kna o9ab7rese oTi7tr6pj oLcsz0o56 oD5jsfguh oKybmxu4w oPithcsnf o

Staravia deforests, so that Prinplup can move and absolutely eradicate Ryhorn. Flaafy takes our first Banner. 

1yqqfoqk oMvf0mvwl oIp65v2ao oAsio9koy oS11jnjoy oSnerjhwt o

Shingen's dudes, take their Banner, Scrggy's Warrior uses their skill, and Charmander hits Staravia. 

0qcv1nwn oUvlmrmgq o8tbogpte oLsxfo1do oWbgnt7w5 oFhqduk6i oZbdxnhxu o9vdngvjb oEchqe8iq oYwa7jibc o

Our guys gang up un Charmander, Staravia moves up on the elevator. Prinplup, moves in closer to Rhyperior, Flaafy elevators own to avoid any Fall damage and Eevee moves to body block Rhyperior while taking out a tree. 

15bxlhd6 o9mmzpjhi oMjqjccmn o

Yukimura taunts us, and nothing much happens that turn as the enemy are solely focused on capping the last Banner. 

Dksrshv2 oV5ckrhwl oYifuuwxl oYpgev3kk oJdvggtk3 oWh52xrop o

Prinplup takes out Drilbur (failed to cap Warrior) andStaravia starts hitting Scraggy. Every one else moves, except Eevee who keeps body blocking. 

Rragiz9s oPd3clzix o5ml6atms oFu2wgxb4 o4cshhyjn oA1s3yutd o

Shingen uses an attack bosting skill, and almost takes out Prinplup, at least we get Torrent for our troubles. The wind knocks the Pokémon off the towers. Thankfully Staravia is immune to fall damage. 

Axmoxltt oAsqjynau oYnktdwe8 o2nzrhyod oDlljztkw o33l5qazt oAhkti5wr oDbpwmflt oYyprz582 oBpshnnju oTeunfzne oBmh6kt4a o

Prinplup vengeance eradicates Rhyperior, Staravia takes out Scraggy, and Gurrdur pushes Tepig into position. Corrin uses his skill to boost Eevee giving it stupidly good range (2 more) and finishes tepig, using celebrate to Canto onto the lift. 

Ap8i0ykl oHyzhzire oBuwni9xf oYh8d2kcb oZumuod5x oCabyx7kl oOxw4miqx oM5lpp0nr oTcposc1p o09akpyxu oCuurftit oNswevvs4 oP9wlovmm oAsdg0szd o

We spend some time looting our opponent's stuff, and killing as much of the deserts vegetation as possible before seizing (We're the good guys). 

Tp305glj oKk93kvup oMtmzdqmm oQcupmcdp o

Post battle results. 

Ts8ktlsd oSo02nhzq oRxxqicw1 oVr62yrvz o0sokc6y0 oKvqp611p oTwmlm8yz oTfr4bkry oRtiwlees oGkaztgh8 oS4tixomg oDuy196hx oVtrvwo2d oV6pmt7fr o

Free Kenshin. 

A4krbrw8 o7zvxpspt oOcmswrbu oQvi479ym oQ2l0ome6 oPiylqpjv oHzfd1v4j oUpxoxrvf o

We are forced to recruit Shingen, but we get these dudes too. 

Wzfjxxlz oOdrtmbwm o1vz5btfy oUsev6iks oN6nrrp2o oUicuwvwo oJggek8md oCpy52zc2 o

This scene is the same as last update. 

D1ahugem o

We get Kenshin, I've already evaluated him. 

T3ogqobq o3ktrdqqb o

Rally is neat. Rhyperior has really great stats, except it's movement is awful and Rock Wrecker is hot garbage. Rock Wrecker is locked to 3 range cannot be used two turns in a row, coupled with Rhyperior's 2 Move means that it can't even line the move up easily. Rhyperior is the 3rd worst Pokémon in the game, because if a Pokémon attacks it at one range, Rhyperior cannot attack it next turn, getting it caught in guaranteed loss.  Lightningrod can be nice though. 

Jyfltws4 o

Mighty Blow good. I've reviewed Tepig. 

Mlj5zjdx oQg6nsmex o
Convalesce, is a fairly decent skill that grants 3 turns of autoheal status to the user, and those next to the user on the turn of activation. 

Scraggy isn't that good as it's stats are kinda bad, it's evolution takes a while and is underwhelming. Faint attack is pretty good since it can't ever miss and Shed Skin is fairly decent as it's always nice to cure status. 
Ancjutdh oEnhwcfvq o

Mighty Blow good. Ryhorn is powerful and tanky, but has accuracy issues. Bulldoze is a decent move that can hit up to 4 opponent's but usually you can only hit 2. It takes a while to evolve, but what it evolves into is a very good Pokémon, especially considering how terrible Rhyperior is. 

Cmuw7ysb o

Brotherhood is alright. 

Now that we've gone through with the route split, I think that I will be continuing from the Terrera timeline, as we got more "special" warriors, and also Kunoichi is cute. Them's the breaks. 

Ladies and Gents, tune in next week, same Buttery Time, same Buttery Channel!!! (unless I need more time compiling the update) 

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Honestly, you should see the third form, its hideous. 

Oh I'll find out, you'll be able to get it.

6 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

LET GALLADE BE CUTE, TOXIC MASCULINITY HAS NO PLACE IN RANSEI

It looks like a chibified variant when nothing else looked edited like that.

7 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

One of my few problems with the game, is that a decent chunk of the mons in the game are kinda locked behind Grindwalls, especially ones from lategame types being almost locked to postgame. 

Is it a third of the evolutionary lines available?

10 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Gneei0gb oZaix1zab o

W-What!!! This has never happened before, Charmander actively left it's banner to attack, this defies everything I know about this game's AI. 

d555wi8-b5dbb5dc-ce64-4699-9d9a-3204b3f8

11 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Muuzpifk o

The enemy kindly demonstrate the 2 map gimmicks for us. 1: Lifts and 2: Wind that knocks Pokémon off the towers and deal Ground type damage. 

That didn't look very nice to happen.

12 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

(fun fact about this map, if you have 3 Floaters with 4 movement yo can have them all on the elevators this turn, and since the wind blew last turn, there cannot be any Pokémon on the towers, so you can Seize all banners uncontested next turn, making this the Only map in the game you can beat without any combat.)

So you can manoeuvre around and just laugh them off. Huh.

17 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ts8ktlsd oSo02nhzq o

Why am I laughing at Rhyperior's laughing portrait more than I should?

18 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

T3ogqobq o3ktrdqqb o

Rally is neat. Rhyperior has really great stats, except it's movement is awful and Rock Wrecker is hot garbage. Rock Wrecker is locked to 3 range cannot be used two turns in a row, coupled with Rhyperior's 2 Move means that it can't even line the move up easily. Rhyperior is the 3rd worst Pokémon in the game, because if a Pokémon attacks it at one range, Rhyperior cannot attack it next turn, getting it caught in guaranteed loss.  Lightningrod can be nice though. 

Shigen's contribution is such a loss.

18 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Now that we've gone through with the route split, I think that I will be continuing from the Terrera timeline, as we got more "special" warriors, and also Kunoichi is cute. Them's the breaks. 

There we are I suppose.

Spoiler
26 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Hey-o, there's a decent chance that I'll be posting more than once a week from next week onwards, as I'll be off college from the 18th for a whole month, (alternatively I'll just kinda forget to...)

You're in college, Butterman? I always figured you more for the elementary school type.

27 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

I could report you for saying that bad word... probably

Uh... I... was not aware that this word was so bad. I always thought it was on the level of "shit" and "fuck". A google search seems to confirm that it is as I thought... In the UK. In the US, it's quite bad, so... Whoops. Sorry. Forgive me, for I am not a native english speaker! Sometimes these subtleties escape me.

So let's try again. Pokemon Conquest, more like Pokemon Congestion. There, that's the best I can come up with.

29 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

HAHA, there is No fanservice, heh heh heh...

There is going to be fanservice, isn't there? Oh, fucking hell, I'm going to regret opening my big mouth, aren't I...

30 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Yes, I have, and I find your resourcefulness and determination to be very endearing. 

Resourcefulness? What is that? Determination? I'm playing Berwick Saga, not Undertale!

...All jokes aside, thanks. Feels nice to get some praise out of my most tsundere reader.

31 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Mad Father?

Ding ding ding! You get the imaginary cookies!

33 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Your tactiics confuse and frighten me sir. 

Haven't they always? If not, they should've.

33 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Yadda yadda yadda pretty Ruben is pretty.

Nyohoho

You comin' on to me, Butterman? 'Cause I must say, I am flattered, but I am not interested in butter!

35 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Swl7unsm oOeejdvyk oQonbme4j oGxcii21k oFaluop4y oIlyehhw7 o

On 10/15/2020 at 11:39 PM, Pengaius said:

0a3n8qaq b

Also this is Yukimura he is a surprise tool that will help us later. 

HaHa! Foreshadowing.

All I know is that this guy doesn't make me think about chainsaws, so I don't like him.

40 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

7bjzhmnf o

Por Tepig, it only gets to just walk around all battle. 

Hah you made a typo. You suck Butterman. LPing is not your forte.

...What do you mean, I make typos too? How dere you, I'll kill you--

41 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Gneei0gb oZaix1zab o

For all the good it did them. They instantly died.

42 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

This is word for word the same scene as last update. 

I have to say, I like his new hat. Quite dapper.

43 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Map and Music, the track is kinda boring tho.

It starts well. Then it's just "boomboom boomboom"

44 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Dlljztkw o

Oh, there's the fanservice.

...Still better than Fates.

47 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Kunoichi is cute.

I can think of at least five Berwick women cuter than Kunoichi. At least two of them are still alive!

47 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ladies and Gents, tune in next week, same Buttery Time, same Buttery Channel!!!

I will tune in to the same channel, but at a different time, just to spite you. What do you think about that?

I am very upset with you, Butterman. You know why.

Thanks for another great update.

Spoiler
On 12/8/2020 at 4:12 AM, Pengaius said:

Shhh, we did'nt notice. 

When I can't believe it's Not Viridian Forest was something I liked... as I didn't realize we'd be seeing actual Viridian Forest in 3D a few years later. Then again, I never played Let's Go... so... maybe it was fine.

Bro, just tell them no, then they can't legally commit War Crimes against you.

That's kind of like telling the guys holding up the bank you work at that their pistols aren't legal in your country. It sounds better in theory than in practice.

I typod, fuck this LP over, thanks for coming out everybody. .

When the typo works as a pun, it's a good typo. You could have just called Almachus Alchamus for no reason.

Nqsrvzcp oPknx4dwq oGccwif2n oHtzebsbd o

I might try your KGB advice after seeing that. I'll tell them they have to grow stronger, or else they're wasting my time. That'll confuse them.

Corrin's fault for silent protagonisting. If he was a verbal protagonist, this would never happen.

Cubchoo's item.

Shame you couldn't steal it or recruit the thing, but beggars can't be Cubchoosers.

Chonky Penguin time. 

Prinplup? More like Prinplump.

4yeexxco o

The lord promoting in part 8 of the LP? Is this allowed?

Warp tiles. These arent your standard warp tiles either, they have a rotation so that every 2 turns, the Portals change colour, to another corresponding warp point. 

Oh how fun.

We hit our enemies, and Charmeleon crits Cupchoo, this is unfortunate as we can't recruit Aya now. 

I'd repeat my joke... but I liked it better the first time.

5mwa4wgc o

Is that anything like the Dread Isle?

On 12/8/2020 at 9:31 AM, Benice said:

Unlike me. Because reasons I'd prefer not to discuss for fear of being punned.

On 12/14/2020 at 9:17 AM, Pengaius said:

HaHa! Foreshadowing.

Whoever owns Fire Emblem should sue whoever owns Pokemon.

Muuzpifk o

Winds? Are you sure that you're not playing the other Conquest?

Vr62yrvz o0sokc6y0 o

All right. So you lost. What's the next step of your master plan?

...I'm guessing Magikarp is the worst. That leaves the question of what is worse than Rhyperior... yet not as bad as Magikarp.

On 12/14/2020 at 10:12 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Uh... I... was not aware that this word was so bad. I always thought it was on the level of "shit" and "fuck". A google search seems to confirm that it is as I thought... In the UK. In the US, it's quite bad, so... Whoops. Sorry. Forgive me, for I am not a native english speaker! Sometimes these subtleties escape me.

In the day, the word used to be used in medical journals and even in street names, surnames and the like. Then came the late 1700s... and attitudes changed. The word become associated with prostitution, and the good proper society of the day could not allow such a term to be bandied about. Mind... attitudes have eased again regardless of where you are, given from 1795, the Oxford dictionary had started omitting the word for a while. Point being the fact it's actually in printed material again... is an improvement from where it was for a while.

Hello, hello, if you're reading this you may want to reply fast, as I may or may not start cranking these out at an absurd rate soon enough.

Part 10: That one Tellius map with all the rocks, we stole it. 

Replos:

Spoiler
On 12/13/2020 at 10:40 PM, Dayni said:

Oh I'll find out, you'll be able to get it.

Actually it's postgame only and i'm 90% sure that I'm not covering all of Postgame. 

Is it a third of the evolutionary lines available?

Yeah, pretty much, you aint seeing any of the super cool mons unless you mindlessly grind for hours. 

d555wi8-b5dbb5dc-ce64-4699-9d9a-3204b3f8

UGH I HATE IT WHEN MY HUMAN HEAD EXPLODES AS WELL

So you can manoeuvre around and just laugh them off. Huh.

Yup, but where's the fun (or exp) in that

Why am I laughing at Rhyperior's laughing portrait more than I should?

Monkey see laugh, Monkey do laugh?

Shigen's contribution is such a loss.

Is this Loss. 

On 12/13/2020 at 11:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

You're in college, Butterman? I always figured you more for the elementary school type.

Yes I'm in college, just started this year actually, I'll kill of a unit of your choice if you can guess what degree I'm going for. 

Personally, as an Irishman, I'm not the type to get upset about it, just want to make sure that you don't use it too much online, some people find it pretty offensive. 

So let's try again. Pokemon Conquest, more like Pokemon Congestion. There, that's the best I can come up with.

The fact that that's the best you got gives me congestion, I almost wish I'd chosen a better Nemesis. 

There is going to be fanservice, isn't there? Oh, fucking hell, I'm going to regret opening my big mouth, aren't I...

Resourcefulness? What is that? Determination? I'm playing Berwick Saga, not Undertale!

Ehh, same thing. 

...All jokes aside, thanks. Feels nice to get some praise out of my most tsundere reader.

INLILYOABB

Ding ding ding! You get the imaginary cookies!

I hope they're from Imaginary Denmark. 

You comin' on to me, Butterman?

You, just noticed? And you call Reese dense. 

'Cause I must say, I am flattered, but I am not interested in butter!

I understand, but I won't stop. 

Hah you made a typo. You suck Butterman. LPing is not your forte.

...What do you mean, I make typos too? How dare you, I'll kill you--

I have to say, I like his new hat. Quite dapper.

Wait, whose new hat? Corrin's?

Oh, there's the fanservice.

I can think of at least five Berwick women cuter than Kunoichi. At least two of them are still alive!

K

I will tune in to the same channel, but at a different time, just to spite you. What do you think about that?

Varied viewership helps with the Algorithm, thanks Rubie. 

I am very upset with you, Butterman. You know why.

Hehe. Ye. 

Thanks for another great update.

You too. 

On 12/17/2020 at 4:26 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:
  Hide contents

That's kind of like telling the guys holding up the bank you work at that their pistols aren't legal in your country. It sounds better in theory than in practice.

Oh my butter. Your are Genius

When the typo works as a pun, it's a good typo. You could have just called Almachus Alchamus for no reason.

Alchamoo

I might try your KGB advice after seeing that. I'll tell them they have to grow stronger, or else they're wasting my time. That'll confuse them.

If that fails, run in zig-zags. 

Shame you couldn't steal it or recruit the thing, but beggars can't be Cubchoosers.

Stop. 

Prinplup? More like Prinplump.

Heccin Chonker

The lord promoting in part 8 of the LP? Is this allowed?

As long as you don't let the KGB know, then yes. 

Oh how fun.

Now you're thinking with portals. 

I'd repeat my joke... but I liked it better the first time.

All aboard the Cubchoochoo train, to run over this bear?

Unlike me. Because reasons I'd prefer not to discuss for fear of being punned.

This is a punsafe environment The Roger. 

Whoever owns Fire Emblem should sue whoever owns Pokémon.

Ah a tax lawsuit, that's one way of transporting large amounts of money across departments. 

...I'm guessing Magikarp is the worst. That leaves the question of what is worse than Rhyperior... yet not as bad as Magikarp.

The fat controller laughed: You are wrong, but you have met No.2. 

Opdat

Spoiler

Lore05li oBeaexm8h oDbdoyuln oAqvun5vu o

First thing that happens today, we get the random event for a Travelling Merchant, who sells cool items that we cannot buy elsewhere. 

Y3mbftce oVcpzakla o2pzlch2r oKaufeuqv oNjcf3exz o

This shop is the only way to get rare evolutionary items, like stones and the Metal Coat. 

Necwugz7 oAqfdg5rp o

I sell some junk and buy a dawn stone, because uh... fomo i guess.

Sgodv6eo o

Today we are targeting Cragspur. However...

Tqz7zdva oCcjyqmiz oKbe6qkum oMh67mwpg oQ5hkrkro o35sf6jij oCwoqbjir oW7o0kvhf oOauy1o1o oJj2bx83u oMevowtem oHm7dlppe oDutnlqwt oTtlxgtmt oXrs8j9rj o

All of this stuff happens first. 

5jr0vgtf o

Pignite has high HP and Attack but kinda low Defense and speed, Heat Crash is pretty much just a buffed Flame Wheel. Pignite is decently close to evolving but I likely won't as I am going to prioritise training the Charmander he just got because I want to have a backup Charizard. 

Mhizoydm oC1jiykx6 o3m9qzcfv o1bqkkwgc o

Oichi is more worried than she should be.

J6miejjl oVyd39q7z oTqgmvsw1 oQc6rjn4e o

Anyway, this is today's team. Hmm, no I am aware that I have 6 deployment slots. 

Egcbtlca o

The Kingdom of Cragspur

Nueiwyr6 oY4lempgc oNxxk2tw2 oTifakdfa oLqftjlmn oLpkqguhc o

Wooo time to smash some rocks. 

Ajeo07ye oDllvoe0z oXco991yd o

I Missed the cool slide popup, and the Objective and Turn Count slides, I was pretty tired when I recorded this, but it's a 20 turn rout map. 

Obbi9uiv oZwtrkzvk o

Wow this sounds like a cool and good character motivation which will definitely come up again. 

Sskvqyh3 oEnfi9wyo oEz6jdkso oDczepfuu o

Map which I forgot to take he shot of until I had moved most of my units, yeah I was tired, but this was the music can you blame me?

Bqqwmcax oZihh4r2t o

Eevee opens a door, and everyone else moves in ways that I was too tired to screenshot. 

Zb2bva7e oKq0ccmfd o7ts8rdee oXvfunbvk o

We eat rock. Get it eat rock. Clever.

Iqtjebqt oOy5sr2oy oXehkzhvj oKj9x3jkq oNqsvvvkv o5slyonim o

We take out 2 mons to make it a 4v4, well a 2v4 really, as Eevee and Flaaffy not being here wouldn't change much. 

0jtyuqtb oZqz25enl oRrcyv6kl o

Machop crits, but gets Paralysed by Static, Larvitar buffs a stst I can't remember (tired) and Boldore hits Gurdurr. 

Rlzilou5 oYqoa0a25 oNqsvvvkv oEgk5dtqq o

Healing and harming. (I forgot to take Onix's defeat quote, again tired)

Ypxfqx4j oBv6dx7pk oD2wxoe62 o9wt6a7ae o

We take some hits on EP.

6walg0dy oVtqgomf0 oNw9hxd24 oX4xu101w oI5eulq9f oFe3avha0 o2qk25x6y o1c79qajl o5rxftk0i o

Gurrdur and Eevee team up to muder a rock (it survived the first hit thanks to Sturdy, it's ability)

Oyiuaoaa oE0531m3t oHcrtc5dr oIxc8splc o0tic4obt oBgvioxce o

Eevee gets an item I was too tired to screenshot, Flaaffy gets some money, Gurdurr hits himself in the face with a rock and Prinplup BubbleBeams for clear. 

L74q1j2j oEwhzvatg oIguv2zvy o

Fun Fact: Since these enemies are technically Nobunaga's soldiers, we cannot recruit them. This means that we cannot get new units from castle battles for the rest of the game. Thusly Shingen and Kenshin are Gotohs. 

R533vwin oYuoaccmx oVzbio575 oBfxfgzvg oIcpv6luo oJaqubbs3 oWfjoh0z3 oChcuvax6 oAct0n2mj o

The scene actually just cuts off here, I think they forgot to add in him saying 'no never mind' or 

Dnyz3aa9 oRsw4zzwo oH89n0lis oXmwphujp o0j4z29bo oGsobsa0h oS1fgcvxb oAqyrmmol oJz4y93ws oKyytnptr oCu9kzt2u oBvcyvz0b oYxzh1iqh oW5zao3ux o8ejlphru o

Our good friend (and totally not the true final boss or anything) Keiji shows up and gives us Eevee's promotion items, even if we didn't have Eevee, other Pokémon can still use them. Also since Eevee can only promote once, we get the promotion items for two other Pokémon absolutely free. Man that Keiji, what a guy! I sure hope that he wasn't (TV Tropes link).  

Ehsgszu4 o

Anyway the real reason we lowmanned that map even though a lot of units would have benefited from the link boost from just being there was because I needed free slots to grab the special Warrior that spawned in Cragspur, in this case Aya. 

3ovgilm1 o

Map

X2evrhjt o

Turn 1 I move the dudes closer together to stop the enemies spreading out. 

Ggqwispw o

They move closer. 

W3fa8xpy o3tovujmg oWldzhdaw oQkdpx7zh oAwhyidms o

Rhyperior does the only thing it's good at and recruits Aya for us and Gallade murders Machop. 

Ulxpmijc o

Sandile hits our boys. 

F5olax5j oAcd5vnt5 o2x15k0lq oSzqorj0i oBuxozdmc o

Gallade gets some money and Shingen uses a Couplink and starts to befriend Sandile. 

Miapvxyj oShguaguk oNkk5dtrg oSjtguclk o8girqgqq o

Gallade starts working on Abra and Kenshin get's Rhyperior's replacement. 

Zsjahseu oVqeghfvf oZb8fb1cb o

2 turns into the future for game. 

Knooisfj oDrtppsz3 oK2axtgrg oEgs2jcme oZxa8zqal o

After battle, we get Aya. 

Md7yk7r8 o

Yukimura and Muneshige team up to get Pokémari guy for us. 

Evqsxl5f o

The team start beating up a snake. 

Irou8ygc oMxdiku7o o

Moar damag

Lzrno9z8 oZc07apj8 oBilkqj31 o

Kay Ohh!

Auifq4zh oDzxmpn8b oSznhhe6v o

We begin the slow task of killing this dastard's Pineco. 

Nlpwliqd oSr25jzgf o

*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*, I'm just glad we have no Potions on us this time. 

6dtezqog oRxq5smhi o83thjtt9 oLythfpmh o

Staravia does some Nice damage, and Charmander crits the pinecone to death woohoo!

Ljg3syie oJotdr6wd o

Charmander gets to work on Venipede and Staravia flys off because I'm worried poison damage will bring it low enough for Venipede to kill. 

Ptysocjs o08f27fgc oL7h0lfpq o

Ember for game. 

Apwmv97s oWtuzfkwg oEznebffz oZ5oe066m oCjsnaups oZxhcgfaa o

Post battle, Yoshimoto. 

Oatyhafh oKmxdavbw oMf4bu3hp oRsfb3idu oHndakz5d o

Charmeleon has artwork with this dude. Anyhow, new unit time. 

Trpr8gld oAatnggeg o

Deep Breath is good for stalling and little else. What I just said about Deep Breath applies to Pineco as well. High Defense, good HP and a very stall based ability, this is a mon that you park on a banner to watch the world burn. It takes a bit to evolve it, but the less said about it's evolution the better. 

Yfyqk6hf oJ0orjkca o

Aya has sweet song 10/10 great Skill. Cubchoo is kinda bad right now, but it becomes much stronger when it evolves, and can do so soon enough, right now the only thing it has going for it is it's decent HP stat and how good freezing is. 

Rozoowuc o0q3swgfl o

Time go brrrrr. 

Xctupnj9 o

Next time: Birds I guess. 

Hey all post production Pengaius here. Just a heads up that I may be putting out another update in 2-4 days. Oh and because I forgot. Stay Buttery. Post production Pengaius out. 

Spoiler
1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

Is this Loss. 

Was ist Los?

4 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

5jr0vgtf o

Pignite has high HP and Attack but kinda low Defense and speed, Heat Crash is pretty much just a buffed Flame Wheel. Pignite is decently close to evolving but I likely won't as I am going to prioritise training the Charmander he just got because I want to have a backup Charizard. 

Pork chop/10

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Nxxk2tw2 oTifakdfa o

Not enough title drop, shame the game got called Conquest.

And coming from her I could see people doubting her.

7 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Iguv2zvy o

Fun Fact: Since these enemies are technically Nobunaga's soldiers, we cannot recruit them. This means that we cannot get new units from castle battles for the rest of the game. Thusly Shingen and Kenshin are Gotohs. 

So they're locked to postgame?

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

8ejlphru o

Our good friend (and totally not the true final boss or anything) Keiji shows up and gives us Eevee's promotion items, even if we didn't have Eevee, other Pokémon can still use them. Also since Eevee can only promote once, we get the promotion items for two other Pokémon absolutely free. Man that Keiji, what a guy! I sure hope that he wasn't (TV Tropes link).  

I actually could have been surprised, he could just be the odd champion of the lot, but no.

Poor Nobunaga, not even getting to live up to his series's name.

9 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Hndakz5d o

Charmeleon has artwork with this dude. Anyhow, new unit time

Well that's neat.

Trpr8gld oAatnggeg o

Deep Breath is good for stalling and little else. What I just said about Deep Breath applies to Pineco as well. High Defense, good HP and a very stall based ability, this is a mon that you park on a banner to watch the world burn. It takes a bit to evolve it, but the less said about it's evolution the better. 

Wait Foretress is bad?

Yfyqk6hf oJ0orjkca o

Aya has sweet song 10/10 great Skill. Cubchoo is kinda bad right now, but it becomes much stronger when it evolves, and can do so soon enough, right now the only thing it has going for it is it's decent HP stat and how good freezing is. 

So you get group heals, I understand your choices.

I will try to stay sugary and buttery, isn't it?

Spoiler
9 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Hello, hello, if you're reading this you may want to reply fast, as I may or may not start cranking these out at an absurd rate soon enough.

I'll miss an update if I so damn well please.

Besides, I bet you can't beat my FE12 pace. Or even my initial Berwick pace.

Yes I'm in college, just started this year actually, I'll kill of a unit of your choice if you can guess what degree I'm going for. 

Nutrition? That's the closest you'll ever get to studying butter.

Personally, as an Irishman, I'm not the type to get upset about it, just want to make sure that you don't use it too much online, some people find it pretty offensive. 

Thank you for caring so much about me, Butterman.

Also, you're Irish too? For a moment there I thought you were 'Murican.

INLILYOABB

Say wha?

You, just noticed? And you call Reese dense. 

Hey, now... That's uncalled for. I may be dense like Reese, but I have feelings, you know!

I understand, but I won't stop. 

Fine, it's a free country.

Butterman, you wouldn't believe how hard I'm squinting my eyes right now.

Lore05li oBeaexm8h o

You know, I think you're weirder than him, Ninja. If that's even your real name. Maybe it's Claude...?

Njcf3exz o

This shop is the only way to get rare evolutionary items, like stones and the Metal Coat. 

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept known as Chapter Douglas's Secret Shop.

W7o0kvhf o

Oh hey, it's the LP's only casualty. Where'd he come from?

Obbi9uiv oZwtrkzvk o

Wow this sounds like a cool and good character motivation which will definitely come up again. 

I like this dude's chin game. Not quite Bors tier, but it's up there.

Kj9x3jkq o

What is a Pansear?

Also, I have to say, I like this lady's extremely smug face. Just saying.

R533vwin o

Okay, then.

Leave it to Pokemon Conquest to ruin everything nice about itself.

Don't forget to kill off Shingen so you can recruit Sienrra early.

Yes! More obscure jokes few will get!

Dnyz3aa9 o

I'm still wondering what this dumbass's deal is.

Our good friend (and totally not the true final boss or anything) Keiji

Ah, I see.

Anyway the real reason we lowmanned that map even though a lot of units would have benefited from the link boost from just being there was because I needed free slots to grab the special Warrior that spawned in Cragspur, in this case Aya. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Zxa8zqal o

After battle, we get Aya. 

Awesome. Keep her away from the rest of the army's eyes and we'll be golden.

Zxhcgfaa o

Post battle, Yoshimoto. 

We're getting funny face guy? Wonderful, I guess.

Xctupnj9 o

Next time: Birds I guess. 

You know what they say about birds of a feather.

Oh and because I forgot. Stay Buttery. Post production Pengaius out. 

Damnit, we were almost spared...!

Spoiler
On 12/21/2020 at 12:00 PM, Pengaius said:

Oh my butter. Your are Genius

Really, it's a reference to an incident I remember from around 2010, where a guy literally tried to hold up a store... with a stick vaguely shaped like a gun in his pocket to fake having a firearm. Then he tried to argue it wasn't armed robbery in court.... because he didn't really have a gun. Which would have been illegal. For some reason the jury didn't buy it.

If that fails, run in zig-zags. 

I mean, it's good advise when dealing with crocodiles on land because they more or less have to stop moving and reposition their body to turn. Which is surprisingly handy. You ever see the land-speed of a crocodile? The maximum land speed recorded for the larger species (in effect the ones you want to avoid) is 35km per hour (in short bursts)... but it's more likely to  be 12km per hour on the swampy ground they're most likely to be found. Either way, when Usain Bolt set the world record for human landspeed, his 100metre run in question had a 37km per hour average, admittedly getting to 44km per average for a short burst. Point is, most people aren't Usain Bolt in the best run of his life, so it pays to hedge one's bets.

You say that, but I've never seen you not pun a death yet.

The fat controller laughed: You are wrong, but you have met No.2. 

I worry when Magikarp is apparently useless.

Healing and harming. (I forgot to take Onix's defeat quote, again tired)

Guess you Onix'ed that quote.

Buxozdmc o

Gallade gets some money and Shingen uses a Couplink and starts to befriend Sandile. 

Don't let the enemies see that crocodile rant I went on.

Trpr8gld oAatnggeg o

Shame he didn't bring back some of those facial animations.

On 12/21/2020 at 9:47 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

What is a Pansear?

Remember Pansage, the monkey with broccoli a tree growing out it's head? Then remember it's aquatic cousin Panpour? Well Pansear is the fire monkey. They're based off those "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys. They all evolve too. Though Pansear sounds like it could be used for cooking, and Pansage sounds like you could be seasoning the food... and Panpour sounds like when you drain the excess water. So they always make me hungry.

This update, was kind of a pain to put together actually. Either my computers screenshot function or imgbox messed up because the body of the update where the castle battle took place was randomly spread around the rest of the images, thankfully their order didn't get messed up but was still annoying. 

Part 11: Getting real high

Re sponses:

Spoiler
On 12/21/2020 at 1:18 AM, Dayni said:
  Hide contents

Not enough title drop, shame the game got called Conquest.

Somehow I don't think Pokémon Ambition would have the same ring to it. 

And coming from her I could see people doubting her.

So they're locked to postgame?

Yep, it's a real shame too, as some of them are real good characters. 

I actually could have been surprised, he could just be the odd champion of the lot, but no.

Poor Nobunaga, not even getting to live up to his series's name.

Ambition. Now laugh. 

Wait Foretress is bad?

Very Bad. 

I will try to stay sugary and buttery, isn't it?

It's a start, but tone down on the sweetness. 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:47 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

I'll miss an update if I so damn well please.

Haha, please don't I need the dopamine from the views. 

Besides, I bet you can't beat my FE12 pace. Or even my initial Berwick pace.

No, I have other things in my life I suppose. 

Nutrition? That's the closest you'll ever get to studying butter.

Wrong, but I'll give you one more chance, just guess which field I'm studying for. 

Also, you're Irish too? For a moment there I thought you were 'Murican.

I've mentioned it a few times, but maybe not to you, or you just forgot. 

Say wha?

Say it with me: It's Not Like I Like You Or Anything B Baka

Hey, now... That's uncalled for. I may be dense like Reese, but I have feelings, you know!

Sureeeeee ya do. 

Fine, it's a free country.

What country would that be?

Butterman, you wouldn't believe how hard I'm squinting my eyes right now.

Nyohoho

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept known as Chapter Douglas's Secret Shop.

Yes, but this one is automatic and doesn't suck. 

Oh hey, it's the LP's only casualty. Where'd he come from?

After he left the army, he's been training toprove himself to us again, shame that his Pokémons stats will reset to what they were when he left if he rejoins us. 

What is a Pansear?

Monke

Also, I have to say, I like this lady's extremely smug face. Just saying.

Hehe

Okay, then.

Leave it to Pokemon Conquest to ruin everything nice about itself.

Heehoo

I'm still wondering what this dumbass's deal is.

Ah, I see.

Do, you now, I think the Plot Twist will decimate you. 

You know what they say about birds of a feather.

No, explain. 

Damnit, we were almost spared...!

Dread it. Run from it. It arrives all the same. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:36 AM, Dayni said:

There are dozens of us!

Some 411000 or so dozens of us. 

22 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Really, it's a reference to an incident I remember from around 2010, where a guy literally tried to hold up a store... with a stick vaguely shaped like a gun in his pocket to fake having a firearm. Then he tried to argue it wasn't armed robbery in court.... because he didn't really have a gun. Which would have been illegal. For some reason the jury didn't buy it.

Gah the trivial whims of the Justice System. 

I mean, it's good advise when dealing with crocodiles on land because they more or less have to stop moving and reposition their body to turn. Which is surprisingly handy. You ever see the land-speed of a crocodile? The maximum land speed recorded for the larger species (in effect the ones you want to avoid) is 35km per hour (in short bursts)... but it's more likely to  be 12km per hour on the swampy ground they're most likely to be found. Either way, when Usain Bolt set the world record for human landspeed, his 100metre run in question had a 37km per hour average, admittedly getting to 44km per average for a short burst. Point is, most people aren't Usain Bolt in the best run of his life, so it pays to hedge one's bets.

Do, you just know this?

You say that, but I've never seen you not pun a death yet.

Stop rubbing it in my face that you haven't lost a unit yet. 

I worry when Magikarp is apparently useless.

The top 3 are bad because thay suck and can't get better, Magikarp itself is worse than them in battle, but it CAN become a super powerful Gyarados, if you try. 

Don't let the enemies see that crocodile rant I went on.It's fine we're on a square grid, they can't move diagonally away. 

Remember Pansage, the monkey with broccoli a tree growing out it's head? Then remember it's aquatic cousin Panpour? Well Pansear is the fire monkey. They're based off those "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys. They all evolve too. Though Pansear sounds like it could be used for cooking, and Pansage sounds like you could be seasoning the food... and Panpour sounds like when you drain the excess water. So they always make me hungry.

Another reason they should make you hungry is that the Gym Leaders they are paired with run a restaurant. They've thought of everything. 

Like, Gameplay man:

Spoiler

Dgkhuden o

Today we are going to be taking down Avia.

6kmkkvut oAatgkbcd oW0j4vwkt o

Thanks Oichi. 

Obtilsyo oItkoyl0c oQt9oahed o

Today's team is The regulars + Aya, no surprises there. 

Rzci48ad o

The Kingdom of Avia

8vlhbc5m oQ6omhqpf oBaxminh3 o2oo8clxm oYkpohi8a oDgpq9hdi o32oeouzc oFznaazfm oJuo262rw oKd5nij02 o

Our opponents are 'Short Angry Eyepatch Man' and 'Womaniser'. 

Dypu6xwk oKzddqvxm oPqyjabh6 oHapvpioa oCqpzctqw oKgwdm5j3 oR8gg28mw oU5wa9oc9 oOosblmo7 oH1jmnfgt oArnzl69s o

Interpersonal relationships aside, this is a simple 20 turn Rout map. 

Fyit03hu oCwycpdav oUsmcqqw4 oYiynkt4n oHmi9kzgh oKch4jwet oVswupjqm o

Weird perspective Map and a track that feels like flying.

Mnhpxpi2 o

From starting positions, everybody moved like so via springboard and leg. The enemy move closer on EP. 

P4rigjz7 oNu8w1c8i oPvpubym6 o

This bridge just appears in, so we move like so. 

7nunhi8r o

This was the only EP shot I took. 

Cqlp7x8q oRnrpbztc oXksby0dk oGyipkv9x oYkqutsoc oEouckkw3 o

We jump a Golbat and Charmeleon uses his pot because there's a giant bird behind him man!

3xd2cswv o0g3gkvom oSq8um0je oMkdwckms oBxfxx9bp o

Big Bird swoops in and just abducts Eevee, the rest just start hitting us. 

Bywesfx5 o692yazwr oXzjmrry7 oFmbd0hzq oYtbudx5l oU7stgjaj oBpymkrfy o6cw2blhd oX0qf8r1d oKqbjnrq7 oFpoglgwm o

Charmeleon boosts itself for flinch or burn, but whiffs a 98%, Flaaffy makes a totally worth it attack on 2 enemies and Cubchoo, downing one enemy. Prinplup finishes the weakened enemy whilst damaging another and Aya AoE heals, before Cubchoo gets a K.O. 

Gupt5npo o0hm2mxs0 oHapntkco o

Braviary lands for some damage on Eevee and Carnivine hits for some damage. 

Zibkkzqe oIjwhgeek oCukqizma oGq2b0ijs oVobfwiak oFaxrmeow oUswggnfc oFtt5zikg oGwfe7ywo o

We dogpile onto Braviary, sadly Discharge misses the bird. At least we paralyzed Carnivine. Also Water Stone Eevee. What will he do?

Efdktzyw oPdtnjuec oKjnk5u3d oPtxbligf o

Charmeleon gets snatched and Carnivine uses a Paralze Heal, that it just happened to have. Prinplup then almost dies to Vine Whip. 

O0ddjlch o1n5layn6 oLllpd5lh oR9bkz9ia o028mtiom oZn3h3osy oX64m0xih o

We dogpile Carnivine, and Staravia crits it. Flaaffy heads upward. 

Ijzejuft oYwoqkcmr o

Lands for damage. 

S34dzsn5 o9j9jpevy oQp2vxboe oLrmg5izz oFykcbeoc oE4yr8p39 oJ5it6wbt o61rlssth oEir2g5r5 oGbc3iow8 oGvynrrpt o

Prinplup Torrent boost BubbleBeams Big Bird, Oichi AoE heals and Flaafy Discharges, Charmeleon chips and Cubchoo rolls low on it's attack so Staravia has to finish, oh well. That's game. 

2ieetalh oTxsovmwu oIa2n4chr o

Post battle results. 

Oxulwx98 o9mxvhs7t o7wh7ockn oCvooerls oVelgplbf o3ch1rjs1 o6gpdj0sa oR7sgfj5y oMf29hadj oC6t3zhdx o

Short man still thinks Nobunaga will win, even though we have him at an 11-6 advantage in Kingdoms, shoots down Womaniser's reasonable suggestion. 

O8wkmj0q oBfoqoipg oQp224l5a oHav7p1a4 oG7errtye oTu6g6ulb oC5e4ajun oFgcwndaq o

Eevee Evolves!

H2wdhaub o

Flaaffy does not. 

Vjshl3ga oN8u0pi9w oRcqg5d3o oPeunef4l oGgl9bjuf o

Staravia evolves!

Fpqo6yy3 o479gyvcb oM9vg7smn oQsftrclk oDfybvyia o

Prinplup evolves!

Let's check the new guys out. 

Oev1dvnl o

Vaporeon is one of two Eeveelutions in this game worth a damn, the other being Glaceon, but you can only evolve Eevee into Glaceon in the Ice Kingdom. Vaporeon has a boatload of HP, strong Attack, good Defense and Speed that holds up quite nicely. It's attack Hydro Pump is like using both Bubble and BubbleBeam at the same time (minus the chance to reduce speed tho), Water absorb converts damage from Water type moves into HP, which isn't too useful at this point but can combo well with our Water types. 

Cnnjrmde o

Staraptor has great Attack and Speed and middling Defense (looks bigger due to item) and HP. Brave Bird is a powerful attack with an interesting drawback which I will get into later. 

Hcylf7ns o

Empoleon over here is just MADE of Attack. Sure its getting boosted, but it's still naturally really high. It's Defense and HP are very good too. Speed is on the lower side, but it's serviceable. Hydro Pump is still pretty good. 

C97zyzcx o9hapcsgb oE6vzk9vy oIw220md8 oDbdzdxs0 o194cifgb oVqwsgeep oXbkrlebp o0rblolgx o8xlztvma oK5ny6c85 oJujh0nxb o

This all happens. 

Qtwofbyx oKsfegt7q oUviwqn40 oPekc7hbb oIviqtvly o0mgshdzj oPl5xa1hi o

The ghost of Jigglypuff gave Oichi a crappy equipable item oooh spooky. Well, it'll come in handy exactly one time I guess. 

Cr4ykxgg o9fi4bzcm oDdjdbktz oIa0ln4aq o80d98nju oWeohoirh oEcjer8nc oEtoycsbo oVdpqgbkg oXv0guzzg oRhzgq7lo o5vdpqtix o1rrriky5 oDin21ujx oPs17qy3v oAy2yiitr oWna4w6ti oL4nasiv6 o

The gang do some training. 

O9xml1de oHpolrjm8 o

To battle!

Norlwhnk oVefpqyhx oHankzn6x o

10 turn rout. 

1gwjaj1t oAtukkf9z oZaqza0i1 o

Map and Music.

8zed9mu1 oY3lzulnq oFrtx2pf9 oDlw6tyrw o

Gallade takes out Beedrill and Staraptor knocks Rufflet out. 

7lhbsl6c o2xwwqx14 o

The enemy do little of consequence. 

Mkr6nctn o0gmpme7m o

Staraptor is tired, so it's defense drops a little and it's movement goes to 1. We just move this turn. 

Cqkebj1l oXxjvg95g o

These enemies genuinely are no threat to us. 

Pywgpcu9 oN6hujyay o

Charmeleon just crits Joltik to death. 

O4phk6iv oSssctb7a oZzqdqa9z oLnxgtbjg oNt4fpcaw o

Fast-forward, we win. 

Gdsqhplm oNhxmwnya oNb1awx1g oCwrh3wxe o1wzzskap o

Post battle, we get Bee Guy. Fun fact about Bee Guy, I forgot to take his profile shots. Second fun fact I already have next update 'recorded' and I forgot his profile as well, so I'll show him off in 2 Parts time.

Obg4ubqz oPi3gveiv o6iznlquv oD0z2xgcl oAtgmdof0 oUxavsglm o6akqerrz oWr2xfhpw oQxrkyhjs o

More training, no evolving for Flaaffy (yet)

2nwjgrjy oBdw2fh6o o

Woo! Constant reminder of he fleeting briefness of life! Yeah!

Lpmbiejg o

Next time: We get intoxicated. 

Like, keep it buttery dude.