Totally a Conquest Ironman, what do you mean I'm doing it wrong?: Pengaius' Conquest Ironman

Pengaius

29 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Somehow I don't think Pokémon Ambition would have the same ring to it. 

Nobunaga's Pocket Monsters Ambition.

2 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Ykpohi8a oDgpq9hdi o

I almost want to ask if it kinda worked.

Also if his hand's okay.

H2wdhaub o

Flaaffy does not. 

Why though?

Oev1dvnl o

Vaporeon is one of two Eeveelutions in this game worth a damn, the other being Glaceon, but you can only evolve Eevee into Glaceon in the Ice Kingdom. Vaporeon has a boatload of HP, strong Attack, good Defense and Speed that holds up quite nicely. It's attack Hydro Pump is like using both Bubble and BubbleBeam at the same time (minus the chance to reduce speed tho), Water absorb converts damage from Water type moves into HP, which isn't too useful at this point but can combo well with our Water types. 

Are the others bad due to attack ranges?

Cnnjrmde o

Staraptor has great Attack and Speed and middling Defense (looks bigger due to item) and HP. Brave Bird is a powerful attack with an interesting drawback which I will get into later. 

Okay, so it's not recoil in this game. This should be interesting.

I assume it'll be a tactical missile of sorts in future.

Hcylf7ns o

Empoleon over here is just MADE of Attack. Sure its getting boosted, but it's still naturally really high. It's Defense and HP are very good too. Speed is on the lower side, but it's serviceable. Hydro Pump is still pretty good. 

I doubt that's more than a 20% boost right?

You're not kidding.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler
10 hours ago, Pengaius said:

I've mentioned it a few times, but maybe not to you, or you just forgot. 

I think it came up that time I mentioned that my mother once pointed out that we had Irish ancestry resulting in my brother and I doing a pointless back and forth with a certain ethnic slur for the Irish that I can't take seriously ("You're a _____", "No you're a _____") for a while as she got increasingly irritated with our antics. I believe that was in the TRS LP from memory.

After he left the army, he's been training toprove himself to us again, shame that his Pokémons stats will reset to what they were when he left if he rejoins us.

Guess he forgot he had the negative growths mod on.

Do, you just know this?

Crocodiles are my favourite animal. I know insane amounts of things on crocodiles. The age of the oldest living crocodile in captivity. The size of the largest crocodile in capativity (it's the same one). The fact said crocodile gets birthday cakes made out of chicken necks for photoshoots. The date of birth of the oldest Nile crocodile in captivity (the 18th december, and it's a different crocodile to the oldest in captivity). Land-speed records (you know alligators run even faster than crocodiles), the various ways to tell the differences between crocodiles and alligators, from the fact crocodiles have a triangular snout and exposed teeth while alligators have a rounded snout and their teeth fit in the confines of their mouth, to the more obscure ones like the differences in the scale pattern and the fact crocodiles don't have a belly button scar from the umbilical chord but alligators do. The fact that Australian saltwater crocodiles are immune to cane toad toxins but Australian freshwater crocodiles die from it. The 2012 discovery that even larger crocodiles can actually climb trees and use them as a vantage point. How many months a crocodile can go without eating after a big meal. Thanks to Dragoncat, I know about the fact some gators survived a cold snap by sticking their nostrils through the water so when the surface froze they were able to breath, but still insulated by the ice. I know that Adolf Hitler used to visit a particular alligator at the Berlin zoo, which ended up being captured by the Russians after it survived the bombing of Berlin. I know that it died earlier this year, and had actually panicked when the tanks passed through Moscow during the fall of the USSR, presumably due to memory of the bombing of Berlin. Point is, I have a rather thorough knowledge on the things. Do I get a lot of use out of it?

12 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Stop rubbing it in my face that you haven't lost a unit yet. 

I'd trade that streak for my dog back. But... reality doesn't come with an Aum staff.

Ykpohi8a oDgpq9hdi o32oeouzc o

Why is Sephiroth's sword here? And why is Magoichi trying to get with Oichi? Is it because he can't forget her name when it's 5/8ths of his?

Eir2g5r5 oGbc3iow8 oGvynrrpt o

Prinplup Torrent boost BubbleBeams Big Bird, Oichi AoE heals and Flaafy Discharges, Charmeleon chips and Cubchoo rolls low on it's attack so Staravia has to finish, oh well. That's game. 

Do me a favour and wreck Elmo next time. I'm sick of that voice of his.

13 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Qtwofbyx oKsfegt7q oUviwqn40 oPekc7hbb oIviqtvly o0mgshdzj oPl5xa1hi o

The ghost of Jigglypuff gave Oichi a crappy equipable item oooh spooky. Well, it'll come in handy exactly one time I guess. 

Is this why they have those fanarts of a black-eyed "hyper-realistic blood ooooh spooky boo" ghost Jigglypuff for variations of the Lavender Town Syndrome creepypasta? Or is Oichi just unhinged by the guilt of her beloved Pokemon's untimely demise

Spoiler
On 12/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Remember Pansage, the monkey with broccoli a tree growing out it's head?

No.

Then remember it's aquatic cousin Panpour?

Should I?

Well Pansear is the fire monkey.

Ah.

14 hours ago, Pengaius said:

This update, was kind of a pain to put together actually. Either my computers screenshot function or imgbox messed up because the body of the update where the castle battle took place was randomly spread around the rest of the images, thankfully their order didn't get messed up but was still annoying. 

Imgbox's never done that to me. That sounds more like the stunts that Imgur constantly pulled before I stopped using it. Weird.

No, I have other things in my life I suppose. 

How dare you imply I have no life. I'll have you know, you are completely right, but that doesn't mean you should say it!

Wrong, but I'll give you one more chance, just guess which field I'm studying for. 

Computer science? Nah, you're not nearly miserable enough... Hmmm... Aha! Aerospace engineering!

Say it with me: It's Not Like I Like You Or Anything B Baka

Ooohhh... It's like you're so tsundere you don't even want to say the full tsundere line. Genius!

Do, you now, I think the Plot Twist will decimate you. 

A plot twist on the level of the Apostle's identity in Berwick Saga, no doubt.

Stop rubbing it in my face that you haven't lost a unit yet. 

Yeah, how dare The Roger be a good player, I'll kill him.

Dgkhuden o

Today we are going to be taking down Avia.

Let me guess: Spooky type pokemons?

8vlhbc5m o

That one looks an awful lot like Corrin, actually. Like, "palette swap with an eyepatch" levels of similar. I wonder if there's any significance to that.

Baxminh3 o2oo8clxm oYkpohi8a oDgpq9hdi o

Wonderful. It's one of these.

Short man still thinks Nobunaga will win, even though we have him at an 11-6 advantage in Kingdoms, shoots down Womaniser's reasonable suggestion. 

The idiot is the reasonable one? Nobunaga truly is doomed if this is the caliber of his troops...

Pl5xa1hi o

The ghost of Jigglypuff gave Oichi a crappy equipable item oooh spooky. Well, it'll come in handy exactly one time I guess. 

Is this going to come back later in the plot?

Y3lzulnq o

N6hujyay o

Old men have almost entirely recycled death quotes. Hilarious.

Like, keep it buttery dude. 

Like, shove it Butterman.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I think it came up that time I mentioned that my mother once pointed out that we had Irish ancestry resulting in my brother and I doing a pointless back and forth with a certain ethnic slur for the Irish that I can't take seriously ("You're a _____", "No you're a _____") for a while as she got increasingly irritated with our antics. I believe that was in the TRS LP from memory.

Huh... I must've missed that particular interaction. Though, that does explain how Butterman was able to guess who my favorite Irish youtuber was, resulting in me being forced to give Arkis a level months later.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

*Selective player
It really, really doesn't hurt that I'm playing the FE I've been through the most times.. (admittedly on lower difficulties than this). If I picked something I knew less... I'd probably be screwing up more. For instance, I only played through Radiant Dawn once back in 2011... (I had an abandoned later run where I lost interest in part 3 with the Greil Mercenaries)... so if I said I was anywhere close to remembering enemy spawn points/times there I'd be flat lying.

Also the fact Caeda got strength blessed to hell and back really doesn't hurt.

Hello, everybody, hope y'all had a wonderful Dec 24th-26th, I'm gonna try to get an update out every 2-4 days or so from now until I beat maingame. Postgame is something I'll show a little of but I can't guarantee that I'll have a solid pace for it. 

Part 12: Toxic Relationship. 

Rplys e

Spoiler

On 12/24/2020 at 2:26 AM, Dayni said:

Nobunaga's Pocket Monsters Ambition.

Ehh, We'll workshop it. 

Why though?

Next castle is the final banner map, I wanted Discharge, that's all. 

Are the others bad due to attack ranges?

You're partially right, but the only one with an actually bad attack range is Jolteon. The main reason is for type coverage and stat spread.  

I assume it'll be a tactical missile of sorts in future.

Ehhh, well you'll see...

I doubt that's more than a 20% boost right?

You're not kidding.

It boosts attack by one stage, however much that is in Gen V. 

On 12/24/2020 at 1:07 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Guess he forgot he had the negative growths mod on.

If only, this is more akin to a unit just losing HM bonuses when they join you. 

Crocodiles are my favourite animal. I know insane amounts of things on crocodiles. The age of the oldest living crocodile in captivity. The size of the largest crocodile in capativity (it's the same one). The fact said crocodile gets birthday cakes made out of chicken necks for photoshoots. The date of birth of the oldest Nile crocodile in captivity (the 18th december, and it's a different crocodile to the oldest in captivity). Land-speed records (you know alligators run even faster than crocodiles), the various ways to tell the differences between crocodiles and alligators, from the fact crocodiles have a triangular snout and exposed teeth while alligators have a rounded snout and their teeth fit in the confines of their mouth, to the more obscure ones like the differences in the scale pattern and the fact crocodiles don't have a belly button scar from the umbilical chord but alligators do. The fact that Australian saltwater crocodiles are immune to cane toad toxins but Australian freshwater crocodiles die from it. The 2012 discovery that even larger crocodiles can actually climb trees and use them as a vantage point. How many months a crocodile can go without eating after a big meal. Thanks to Dragoncat, I know about the fact some gators survived a cold snap by sticking their nostrils through the water so when the surface froze they were able to breath, but still insulated by the ice. I know that Adolf Hitler used to visit a particular alligator at the Berlin zoo, which ended up being captured by the Russians after it survived the bombing of Berlin. I know that it died earlier this year, and had actually panicked when the tanks passed through Moscow during the fall of the USSR, presumably due to memory of the bombing of Berlin. Point is, I have a rather thorough knowledge on the things. Do I get a lot of use out of it?

... k

I'd trade that streak for my dog back. But... reality doesn't come with an Aum staff.

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Why is Sephiroth's sword here? And why is Magoichi trying to get with Oichi? Is it because he can't forget her name when it's 5/8ths of his?

Just chalk it up to the new canon for FF7R

Do me a favour and wreck Elmo next time. I'm sick of that voice of his.

No.

Is this why they have those fanarts of a black-eyed "hyper-realistic blood ooooh spooky boo" ghost Jigglypuff for variations of the Lavender Town Syndrome creepypasta? Or is Oichi just unhinged by the guilt of her beloved Pokemon's untimely demise

I really don't know, I don't follow along with creepypastas much. 

On 12/24/2020 at 2:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Imgbox's never done that to me. That sounds more like the stunts that Imgur constantly pulled before I stopped using it. Weird.

Probab;y just a quirk of the PC then. 

How dare you imply I have no life. I'll have you know, you are completely right, but that doesn't mean you should say it!

Nyohoho!

Computer science? Nah, you're not nearly miserable enough... Hmmm... Aha! Aerospace engineering!

Oooh! Wrong again old chum. The correct answer was Marine Biology! 

Ooohhh... It's like you're so tsundere you don't even want to say the full tsundere line. Genius!

Baka

A plot twist on the level of the Apostle's identity in Berwick Saga, no doubt.

Well, you'll see. 

Yeah, who does he think he is? Actively getting better and improving. 

Let me guess: Spooky type pokemons?

I just wanna know how you came to that conclusion. It's Avia as in avian, as in of or relating to birds. 

That one looks an awful lot like Corrin, actually. Like, "palette swap with an eyepatch" levels of similar. I wonder if there's any significance to that.

Honestly. I don't see it. 

Wonderful. It's one of these.

Yeah just like uh... Derrick Berwick Saga. 

The idiot is the reasonable one? Nobunaga truly is doomed if this is the caliber of his troops...

He's not reasonable, his suggestion was. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. 

Is this going to come back later in the plot?

Would it be a surprise If I told you No. 

Old men have almost entirely recycled death quotes. Hilarious.

Comedy. 

Huh... I must've missed that particular interaction. Though, that does explain how Butterman was able to guess who my favorite Irish youtuber was, resulting in me being forced to give Arkis a level months later.

I sure do love Arkis. Remember when I went by 💖Arkis Lover💖.  

On 12/24/2020 at 6:35 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

*Selective player
It really, really doesn't hurt that I'm playing the FE I've been through the most times.. (admittedly on lower difficulties than this). If I picked something I knew less... I'd probably be screwing up more. For instance, I only played through Radiant Dawn once back in 2011... (I had an abandoned later run where I lost interest in part 3 with the Greil Mercenaries)... so if I said I was anywhere close to remembering enemy spawn points/times there I'd be flat lying.

Shhhhhh. You aren't allowed to not suck like us. 

Also the fact Caeda got strength blessed to hell and back really doesn't hurt.

Stupid lucky The Roger. 

pdt Uae

Spoiler

Iqxjqawy o

It is Viperia time my dudes. 

Ntkuk77w o8ff3owk5 oIsjet0ru oJqt8f7rx o

Thanks Oichi. 

Gmmoce7t oOhdwy6mf o17kzfc6a o4nfkqpr8 o

The team is just the regulars for today. 

Wxktkcsk o

The Kingdom of Viperia

Sc886moi oCuvpdgz4 o6yv0km3p o9mmb3zgm oD3bavnnr oZhvnbz1w oMqwehtf0 o3bcggxgt oKyxhrsn0 oIhtspr2s oHnywukdy oL9xivo2v o

Ninja lady wants to teach us a lesson. Also Hideyoshi is here, this time with moustache. 

Rpzksg1l o3qdr0mx3 oR8v2ffwv oWh3jzw5y oOzbluzkj o

!5 turn banner map. This is the last banner map in the game. It's rout forever after this. 

Tgdomi6l oQaa23rqc oUipkhktl oBjdo6gfc o

Ninja time. 

Bsuf7prm oVdkrfhmt oAmdeoi7m oCabrlv1n o4bunwcij oXe27ldip oXfzleoyt o8uqzubd7 oOopxva0i o

Large map kinda with lots of walls and some sealed off chambers, poison pools and some healing points. Its like an actual FE map. Also this banger.

Brdw0pb1 oRrrmy8da oW5phfmfn oZzbmdibi o

This map has another gimmick. These trapdoor tiles relocate any non floating Pokémon to another tile. Everybody who can other than Cubchoo who couldn't reach uses one. Staraptor heads the other way. 

Q56bu17r oX6elogyd oWhdwoc3z oSt8btip0 o

The enemy move. 

Hwrk1wtv oM8t8q4u4 o3wxwr1uj oCoz8sx62 oDbznat2s oGjavwod7 o

Staraptor just destroys Monferno and blocks the passage so that Spiritomb can't use it. Cubchoo joins up with everybody, Empoleon takes the banner and Vaporeon busts open hidden chamber 1 to reveal some item boxes. 

2ufjxj6c oKfxznhwk oRmnlsx8s o

The enemy take a banner. 

Jtaoxgpi oTvakxl0m oLc8yxrl8 oWymqgwv0 oVclt6vca oMfsiowfs oMjajtdcg o

Staraptor is tired (movement goes to 1 and defense is lowered for a turn), Cubchoo gets a pep-talk, We get some items. 

L2fkrytx oEfufyala o

Enemy move. 

Yv1lhxce oJkmcrzdb oDync4gdo oIywp6h0a oZchqjbbd o

We don't do much this turn. 

Oojavwmv o

Nor do the enemy apparently. 

Rxllk0q7 oRrckqg05 oRncv5f6b oYehtkipo oLpubaer6 o1m4mx0o7 oZt5rtsxe oGqfxg4kp o

Vaporeon drinks water, Charmeleon barely beats Spiritomb with a boost, Aya AoEs and Cubchoo misses it's shot but it's fine since Golbat got crit (we were safe even if it didn't as Empoleon would have blocked the banner.

D4rhyoug o

Hello Arbok. Also Ekans claimed a banner offscreen. 

Wgbvqxkp oPe549btt oC11kmrzb oTfpy6egz oNlvwahe5 oRbtzkcat oFafu7xh8 oMhhmjh5t o

Empoleon, Staraptor and Cubchoo take out kobrA, and at this point we just have cleanup to do. 

Atwliavw oE7quzqvb o3yhqe9et oOakd00sn oOgrduiwr oA8joenlb oLw0toaai oZrbdy93r o2d03dtmi oDhz25kqq oD7w2hqqq o8tstl2ao oKctf0xbz o5w5w2uri oFbinextu oFnrczbmd oGtd1hs8r o79r8zgfs oU9oc88ew oXbctboi9 oPuyfnfpa oIvilvuiu oZ3btm9rj o2iv2wdl7 oUgpkgpsu o49xws6qs oD8oomqjv o4jrv7yln oTrjhwz9p o

Fast-forward to victory. 

Mgj56tap oSwlc2ye8 oGp6isvbu o

Post battle results. 

Xvkohk01 o1z6lcmo7 oSvjzftvb oOqofzbwa oKpxsmcqt oJm91svik oYrzhocoj oOwapbvwl oHxhchnq3 oB8mz1uri oMqpbcegg oW0vmq9ig o

We still can't recruit these guys. 

Hsz8gzxx oWsdjet4j o3grojg7i oDm3hsxw6 oH9vb9vwx o8mviukbw o

Now that we've finished the mission Flaaffy can now evolve. 

68oefgif o

Ampharos is statistically very similar to Vaporeon, Good HP and Attack, decent Defense ans Speed. Thunder is the main reason that we held off on evolving for a bit. It's range is just not very helpful on tight close quarter banner maps like Viperia. The attack is very powerful but can have accuracy issues.  

37z8r73a oHpocmzlz oUwkzjhmy oTfaynojz oFxkgkvzg oRtrknl6x oEzbb8nak oCrgdv4n3 oUiuc6qvk oB95hrhww oCfbcqcsy oQua1r4q5 oAhqdacej oHbolha6k oAyiesj9l o6xeu1xma o

All of this happens, I've already reviewed Ryhorn, so I won't do so again. 

F3f2ju1v oSqofqnif o

Since there's a Special Warrior here, we gotta do this. 

Eyz9nli1 o7e2kpy4l o3byz68t9 o3fdaypee o

Map, please ignore that I took this way too late into the battle.

Ynizwcif oDd4bjpaa o

Larvitar dies. 

8antv72h o

Enemy's turn.

Xeyiu4h7 oYmbtqxxu oG7vqz5ht oYuxtkb5n o

We can recruit him now. 

Zdmr8uiy o

E n e m y ' s   t u r n .

Uohtd2oc oUgjx1dxc oTzo3vkrk oNpmgjjtt oFphq0d4p oQgpktgp2 o

We take out Anorith and start grabbing items. 

Dkryckba o

E

n

e

m

y

'

s

t

u

r

n

Vpfw7zff oHlyxrsje oZclsgjpi oJubwiynv o

We put the fish out of it's misery for game. 

5qjcpjkg o7tm7iwdv oI5iodq85 oKaqjocqg oU7rf46da o

Pots bottle. 

Ohnxabxk oZtiw4eah oUulf8jzg oXs4bnrpe o3mrvqw19 oDf1k3x87 oUpkrhqfm oUnbbjsmy o

This occurs. 

Hfybqbdv oFcvf2vmc oWgqljwhc oAgkl5hd7 o6bgicelq oOcbkhtxu oPzkpeihu oS8lrzdib oNc4fu0pz oGx7tieq4 oY2d5w2wl oKonw0uf2 o

This is the alchemist, where we can finally use up all the useless items we got like herbs and orbs and the like. 

Hyp0nlzt oQfmoelbv oGsajufmx oFaubnbts oUfmwvkgo oYoysdrdk oL7xabjee o

I make some items, but I on't be using this place too much as there aren't very many particularly good items it can make. 

Eddtt8sd oL2qtrn1n oRm2pcoiy oU6zqyudi oQavfdtfd oRr0lwkzb oQflwecuv oVlny64yj o9z5r74l7 oPkd9pswy oNfdlhy73 oNtgn2d8l o

Also this stuff. 

Lpbpbovv oLpbpbovv oLpbpbovv oLpbpbovv o

September, Year 2

Pbwsw57p oRoasp0rj o8da7ygtq oEvzc3xpa o

Travelling Merchant 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Qd4joyfw oMw1oyf3a oV1yyf8xd oExfhpa5a oZbfvqcha o5mqc5arn o

I get rid of some sellables. 

H8geierq oLrxo95u2 oN3h4zxbn oXipyrlva o

I then blow all of my gold on promotion Items that we can't even use. 

Pc19uogz o

Any guesses for Yaksha?

Reset Counter: 1 Oichi (Jigglypuff)

Death Counter 1: Rikyu (Darumaka)

Keep it Buttery folks. 

Spoiler
 36 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Marine biology? I'll admit, I never would've expected it. The sea has nothing to do with butter, and butter is your only character trait! What a plothole this is...

37 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

I just wanna know how you came to that conclusion. It's Avia as in avian, as in of or relating to birds. 

Hmmm... Shall I copypaste the definition of sarcasm here, or would that be too heavy-handed? What do you think, Butterman?

38 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Honestly. I don't see it. 

I can't blame you. You're a stick of butter. I can't imagine you can see all too well without eyes.

38 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Yeah just like uh... Derrick Berwick Saga. 

You don't wanna mess with Derrick, man. You saw what happened to the last guy that tried.

39 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

I sure do love Arkis. Remember when I went by 💖Arkis Lover💖.  

I do, that was hilarious. I even promoted Arkis. Figured you'd enjoy it. He survived, too, even though he did nothing to deserve it. I'm so good to you, and how do you repay my kindess? By making puns about my waifu's death. For shame, Butterman!

40 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Iqxjqawy o

It is Viperia time my dudes. 

Let me guess: Grass pokemons.

40 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Sc886moi o

Nene, in Spanish, is a word used to affectionately refer to babies or otherwise really small children. There's something wrong with the fact that such a name has been slapped on Miss Knockers overthere.

42 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Zhvnbz1w o

Oh hey. I thought your name was familiar. This is brigand dude, no? Now he's got a mustache and a stupid hat.

43 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Zzbmdibi o

This map has another gimmick. These trapdoor tiles relocate any non floating Pokémon to another tile.

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept known as Thracia's warp tiles.

...Except you can see them, because whoever made this game does not despise humanity like Kaga did during the production of Thracia.

44 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Trjhwz9p o

Fast-forward to victory. 

That was easy.

46 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Wgqljwhc o

This is the alchemist,

Rikyu finally gave up on trying to get back in the team, and has decided to instead take up a different job so he can continue to be relevant.

46 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Pc19uogz o

Any guesses for Yaksha?

To their credit, it's probably the least obvious of the four. I'm also not that familiar with pokemon types, so... Yeah, this'll be the first time I'll be seriously surprised.

47 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Keep it Buttery folks. 

Keep what buttery, Butterman? You're not making any sense.

1 hour ago, Pengaius said:

It boosts attack by one stage, however much that is in Gen V. 

150% on base.

Sc886moi oCuvpdgz4 o6yv0km3p o9mmb3zgm o

What's Nene's going on about?

Mqwehtf0 o3bcggxgt oKyxhrsn0 oIhtspr2s o

How did Hideyoshi manage to get recruited by Nobunaga?

Kfxznhwk oRmnlsx8s o

The enemy take a banner. 

How would she do that while being on the ceiling?

Jtaoxgpi o

Staraptor is tired (movement goes to 1 and defense is lowered for a turn), Cubchoo gets a pep-talk, We get some items. 

Oh, so that's how it worked.

68oefgif o

Ampharos is statistically very similar to Vaporeon, Good HP and Attack, decent Defense ans Speed. Thunder is the main reason that we held off on evolving for a bit. It's range is just not very helpful on tight close quarter banner maps like Viperia. The attack is very powerful but can have accuracy issues.  

Well, that's why.

Ampharos is nice to see, though I thought it'd be generally higher than it is.

Gx7tieq4 oY2d5w2wl o

This is the alchemist, where we can finally use up all the useless items we got like herbs and orbs and the like. 

Rikyu, buddy!

There he was!

Spoiler
On 12/28/2020 at 4:25 AM, Pengaius said:

Part 12: Toxic Relationship. 

Ahh. An update on you punning Ruben and him threatening to kill you. Or something.

If only, this is more akin to a unit just losing HM bonuses when they join you. 

So... it prevents someone from being a broken OP mess just because they started off as a Navarre or the fact Wyverns are an "enemy kingdom" only thing in more games than not?

... k

The classic response to a wall of text.

I'm sorry for your loss. 

Had to happen eventually. Unfortunate thing about pets is very few species last long. The ones that do tend not to be easy to look after either. Thanks for not punning.

Just chalk it up to the new canon for FF7R

Sounds like something Square-Enix would do. They are pretty tone-deaf.

I really don't know, I don't follow along with creepypastas much. 

I have a tendency to listen to sarcastic youtube readings of them while playing games. Kind of a form of multi-tasking to concentrate on both game and story. Works better if the game's one with either a poor or repetitive soundtrack. It's not something I'd consider on a game with a sound-track that I like though.

Shhhhhh. You aren't allowed to not suck like us. 

Ah. The double negative. Guess I better do something stupid next map. Well... I never did get round to using the energy drop last time. Maybe I can find a way to use it that counts. Energy drop Lena anyone?

Is this so you can pioneer the "Whale Biologist" stereotype from Futurama? Or is it just because aquatic life-forms tend to be interesting?

Yeah, who does he think he is? Actively getting better and improving. 

What an jerk. We should shot him.

Oopxva0i o

Large map kinda with lots of walls and some sealed off chambers, poison pools and some healing points. Its like an actual FE map. Also this banger.

Even looks like a Fates map.

D4rhyoug o

Hello Arbok. Also Ekans claimed a banner offscreen. 

Fun fact. Batman had three Snake themed villains over the years. King Snake, Kobra, and Copperhead. King Snake being the newest, and Copperhead being the oldest. Following this logic... the third form of the Ekans evolution line should have been "Daehreppoc". Which is probably as good a reason as any to leave the line at two evolutions.

Pc19uogz o

Any guesses for Yaksha?

I could give one a hint by the entomology of the word.. but I think I'll leave everyone in the dark for now.

On 12/28/2020 at 5:15 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

do, that was hilarious. I even promoted Arkis. Figured you'd enjoy it. He survived, too, even though he did nothing to deserve it. I'm so good to you, and how do you repay my kindess? By making puns about my waifu's death. For shame, Butterman!

We all hoped Sylvis wouldn't be punned.... Butter luck ran out. (excuse me, I'm punishing myself after that one)

Ayyyo! 2021, may this year be better than the last. 

Part 13: Navvoldeager. 

Replies

Spoiler
On 12/27/2020 at 6:15 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Marine biology? I'll admit, I never would've expected it. The sea has nothing to do with butter, and butter is your only character trait! What a plothole this is...

The persona that I present online is but a construct of the scared lonely person behind the screen, who is typing. 

Hmmm... Shall I copypaste the definition of sarcasm here, or would that be too heavy-handed? What do you think, Butterman?

I mean I don't see how that would be relevant to this conversation, but if you wanna go ahead. 

I can't blame you. You're a stick of butter. I can't imagine you can see all too well without eyes.

But I have eyes. You canonically designed them. 

You don't wanna mess with Derrick, man. You saw what happened to the last guy that tried.

...He was barely mentioned in a paper that sold poorly and only in Japan?

I do, that was hilarious. I even promoted Arkis. Figured you'd enjoy it. He survived, too, even though he did nothing to deserve it. I'm so good to you, and how do you repay my kindess? By making puns about my waifu's death. For shame, Butterman!

Oooh. I'm such a naughty butterperson. Are you going to punish me?

Let me guess: Grass pokemons.

We've fought Grass already. 

Nene, in Spanish, is a word used to affectionately refer to babies or otherwise really small children. There's something wrong with the fact that such a name has been slapped on Miss Knockers overthere.

Haha. Spainish. 

Yes, it's this revolutionary concept known as Thracia's warp tiles.

...Except you can see them, because whoever made this game does not despise humanity like Kaga did during the production of Thracia.

True, but some of the other maps would make Kaga proud. 

That was easy.

Yeah kinda. 

Rikyu finally gave up on trying to get back in the team, and has decided to instead take up a different job so he can continue to be relevant.

Too bad that was like the last time we ever use the Alchemist. 

To their credit, it's probably the least obvious of the four. I'm also not that familiar with pokemon types, so... Yeah, this'll be the first time I'll be seriously surprised.

Nyohoho. 

Keep what buttery, Butterman? You're not making any sense.

It. 

On 12/27/2020 at 7:14 PM, Dayni said:

150% on base.

Thanks. 

What's Nene's going on about?

Ara ara onee-san dialogue. 

How did Hideyoshi manage to get recruited by Nobunaga?

He either got beat in 4 turns, or just couldn't damage any of Nobunaga's Pokémon. 

How would she do that while being on the ceiling?

Ninja magic. 

Ampharos is nice to see, though I thought it'd be generally higher than it is.

You want Ampharos to smoke weed?

Rikyu, buddy!

There he was!

Either that or his identical brother Thiccyu. 

On 12/29/2020 at 11:10 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Ahh. An update on you punning Ruben and him threatening to kill you. Or something.

A scathing remark on my and Ruben's failing relationship. How dare you I'll kill you. 

So... it prevents someone from being a broken OP mess just because they started off as a Navarre or the fact Wyverns are an "enemy kingdom" only thing in more games than not?

I suppose so.

The classic response to a wall of text.

I mean I just didn't know how to respond. 

Sounds like something Square-Enix would do. They are pretty tone-deaf.

Inb4 they keep ******'s death scene but pull a Cait Sith. 

I have a tendency to listen to sarcastic youtube readings of them while playing games. Kind of a form of multi-tasking to concentrate on both game and story. Works better if the game's one with either a poor or repetitive soundtrack. It's not something I'd consider on a game with a sound-track that I like though.

That is such a The Roger thing to do. 

Ah. The double negative. Guess I better do something stupid next map. Well... I never did get round to using the energy drop last time. Maybe I can find a way to use it that counts. Energy drop Lena anyone?

E N E R G Y D R O P W R Y S

Is this so you can pioneer the "Whale Biologist" stereotype from Futurama? Or is it just because aquatic life-forms tend to be interesting?

I like penguins and I want to work in an Aquarium, this is how. 

What an jerk. We should shot him.

Yeah, yeah. We should good point. Wait a minute...

Fun fact. Batman had three Snake themed villains over the years. King Snake, Kobra, and Copperhead. King Snake being the newest, and Copperhead being the oldest. Following this logic... the third form of the Ekans evolution line should have been "Daehreppoc". Which is probably as good a reason as any to leave the line at two evolutions.

But we could have had a Tsuchinoko Pokémon. 

I could give one a hint by the entomology of the word.. but I think I'll leave everyone in the dark for now.

Do you feel clever doing this?

We all hoped Sylvis wouldn't be punned....

I didn't. 

Update

Spoiler

Rcssu3ls o

Today we are attacking Yaksha, bu first we have to say hi to Bee Guy. 

Swmco9yo o7ovwbirf o

Salve can be decent but usually isn't. Beedrill is an interesting Pokémon, as it's previous evolutionary forms are not present in the game at all. Unfortunately being unique doesn't make Beedrill good. Beedrill has mediocre stats all around and isn't able to evolve to fix them. Twinneedle is an alright move having good range and the ability to poison. Like Doubleslap it hits up to 5 times, however it actually does damage unlike Doubleslap. Vanguard is a neat ability that increases damage if the user acts first in a turn. Despite the decent move and ability Beedrill is held back by it's low potential for growth. 

9hxyfktr oPwxsz1jr oMwaao7g0 oMzjotjg9 o

Bring punchies and insects, leave the telepaths and spooks at home. 

Rdfubum7 oRnwjjckz oAd60kzfa o

The team, Gurdurr tags in for Staraptor. 

Gyekhhur o

The Kingdom of Yaksha

Ypd7vora oP7kyckdh o2fmc8clm oEojx2ouj oEqsc6bdi oPwrng7j0 o

Oh no! An Edgelord! Look at him lording all those edges. 

Tz3swnj7 oRbh0kkml oHqipz9p1 oI4hbgaec o6cczvahx oR3tgch9a o

20 turn rout, nothing too unusual. 

Hjaki0ca oHrl38elt o

This has got to be the least threatening intended threat ever. 

Rbs6drdv oJqmba3ur o95inkkhn o

Edglord Map and Edgelord Music. Ignore that chunk at the end. 

Bt6069tk o

We move, then they move that's how this game works. 

Heulo92b oBktjrdwv oKh6jwjyz oQd99frkx oVjwd7nvs oN4bysfjy oMpjml1kk oE5m2fsmp oH1rgsmyj o

Gurdurr and Ampharos cripple Zoroark, Vaporeon chips Pawniard and Cubchoo finishes. Empoleon attacks Scrafty and Charmeleon tries to circle round. 

V9tspmxz oZwglke2z oRg2hkuhk oXsmhorwp o0tpxukt1 o

We take some hits but nothing too dangerous. 

Wwtut9bh o8iv9va8v oGwvxw9xx oE2q5m2sd oKhyeq2sq o0hxqrsir o

The map gimmick. Remember those Thracia warptiles that were super annoying? Now imagine if instead of triggering when stepped on, you just randomly got a unit warped away before you turn. Oh well, it won't always warp the target into this room and sometimes it targets the enemy so it's not all bad. Anyway you can leave the room if you step on one of the grass tiles or can fly over the bars. 

Tztgrfyi o6s3kbsdv oAu9suozv oBdjvzciv oLmj4gi9z oOdq4ift5 oS7lgtlhr oKwclkm7f oThm6rwim oYk7leh4g o

Anyhow, we take out the edgelord and most of his goons. It's cleanup time. 

N0by8vxj o3g3si3kj oX4ddm8ak o

Bruh stole our money. 

Ghqv2dxi oX5z8tjdx oN5mxqdzd oK2laeuat oLvz8nthe o

Charmeleon takes out Scraggy and now we just need to grab our loot. 

Mpcvi5rx oHgcessan oAg9tkd7x oKo1lnfxx oTl9sfwn4 oQv6jbur7 oB3ipvath oCcszbzjs oXtv363wa oSe6gvsr7 oQgljqrx2 oMgsysilx o71e93ibd o

We grab the rest of the items and Ampharos got warped a few tiles and zapped a tree out of anger. Gurdurr finishes Krookodile for clear. 

3xw65qd2 oIwuynjyz oS6cpaaes oZyi64edl o

Post battle results. 

Om1kzyap oWbwjvpbg o1wrajhu7 oNozf10gi o21zkzaqd oR6hsd1cs oVpzqni6j o

Good riddance Edgelord. 

Ih3rd8ds o4liknpdd oMwqvi6nc oDa39lqaq oLa24vkic oZlwp7pxs oXzmevkmy oInsnh3g7 oKvmfojgc oQ1tz2m9g oW7oanivs oJgpyzuxw o

Suddenly a pretty anime boy appears and tells us to give up. We aren't going to. 

Uijfpcmo o

Anyway, now that more of Ransei has been revealed we can see the full map of the Region. What an unusual shape. 

Ocfixeje oVfuaerjz oGbqibmsy oR2jggwyf oYopm2pfi o2tefvop6 oCqqqg5ut oVghczitu oZnhbp12d oK7icqcmi oRuhztc3l oSizvq4f3 oN5tstlzl oL2npikz2 o

All this stuff happens. 

1euswudx o0wp8xfx4 o

Battle 2. 

Iexw3lnp oJybz1zoy oIwbt1r34 o

10 turn rout. 

Xogsauf5 oDzoqzxzz oPj3hgcri o

Map and Muzak. Lotsa portals. 

Kdrwv5da oObcskvm4 o

Scraggy portals, Kirlia doesn't.

Ma1hrzsc o

Kirlia chips Kirlia. 

1yybkmdg oDhq6isfe o

Scraggy finishes. Kirlia moves. 

Hueievhh o

The enemy arrange themselves neatly. 

8kvjzj4m oHyybwz8o o

Scraggy warps. Kirlia moves down. 

B5ryyc76 o9pzianuh o

Damage and Chip. 

Vfsv1aop o

Gothita warps. 

9pyzwad5 oQtgo1nn5 o

Charmander gets bullied. 

Ojgp4uvz oOshgmlpr o

Someone got hit but I forgot who. Also Gothita is on top. 

Ugiw38hw oTatljty8 oNjjlzt9i oAc5unmgn o

Kirlia takes out Charmander. Kunoichi sets up her regen effect. 

Xwclilpc oNvnu51rs o

We move to bait Gothita. 

Mu7myrun oG67rk6ps o8hzbcl1p oY4ieggn0 o

Kirlia chips and Scraggy finishes. The blackscreen was me pulling a Ruben and failing to cap the victory pop-up. 

Kl0suabl o19emew8x oLmemx6fm o

Post Battle. 

Xiazepu9 oAcgdquqx oWypfewsg oDdgz5t0m oO8bfdkse o

Kanetsugu's questionable reaction aside we got Gardevoir now. 

Rozyko1r o

Gardevoir. powerful, speedy, alright bulkwise, just like Gallade but with a weird attack. Psychic has a weird hitbox, it hits every tile adjacent to one from 2 range. It's strong and lowers defense. The hitbox actually allows for some neat combos with Discharge users, or even just as an L shaped attack. 

Yzwy5hd3 oEfrswqqd o

Guesses for which is which?

Mevkdxqm o01mrvbck oUdas0cs5 o5cvnzvey o

This lady buys some Power Wristbands and sells some stuff. 

Ll3rz8kc oBlnoquzs oUsftij0e oFl28dkc8 oV9k2rlk5 oGvavsthp oBqbk2ln5 oXcit0jqo oWnrjqmlf oYcrydjcm oXexw9umd oRfxh53jr oSdhja8kb oSp9qtelo o7jdzgdhq oLjzl5uia oDjq8bvnu oWsurrtoz oJ4xxwvom oT33tzqlw o8vozkdkj oFdgeimpu o

This all happens. 

98rhv8tz oLmuvrxsc o

Next time Valora. 

Happy New Year! Stay buttery, in 2021. 

1 minute ago, Pengaius said:

You want Ampharos to smoke weed?

Higher statwise, come on!

2 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Swmco9yo o7ovwbirf o

Salve can be decent but usually isn't. Beedrill is an interesting Pokémon, as it's previous evolutionary forms are not present in the game at all. Unfortunately being unique doesn't make Beedrill good. Beedrill has mediocre stats all around and isn't able to evolve to fix them. Twinneedle is an alright move having good range and the ability to poison. Like Doubleslap it hits up to 5 times, however it actually does damage unlike Doubleslap. Vanguard is a neat ability that increases damage if the user acts first in a turn. Despite the decent move and ability Beedrill is held back by it's low potential for growth. 

Why then would you not be able to get Beedril earlier when it could have more impact?

It'd match how it is in the main games that was too.

10 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Oh no! An Edgelord! Look at him lording all those edges. 

Are we sure he's not some other creature?

Or just really committed to the emo ninja look?

12 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Khyeq2sq o0hxqrsir o

The map gimmick. Remember those Thracia warptiles that were super annoying? Now imagine if instead of triggering when stepped on, you just randomly got a unit warped away before you turn. Oh well, it won't always warp the target into this room and sometimes it targets the enemy so it's not all bad. Anyway you can leave the room if you step on one of the grass tiles or can fly over the bars. 

Wait, they give you stuff when they teleport you away?

That's the most generous teleportation trap I've seen in some time.

13 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Uijfpcmo o

Anyway, now that more of Ransei has been revealed we can see the full map of the Region. What an unusual shape. 

Hmm, seems familiar......

Is it a Dialga?

14 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Acgdquqx oWypfewsg oDdgz5t0m oO8bfdkse o

RBI?

This man right here.

Rozyko1r o

Gardevoir. powerful, speedy, alright bulkwise, just like Gallade but with a weird attack. Psychic has a weird hitbox, it hits every tile adjacent to one from 2 range. It's strong and lowers defense. The hitbox actually allows for some neat combos with Discharge users, or even just as an L shaped attack. 

So it has an AoE, but one where the centre doesn't take damage. Can the centre be empty or does it have to be occupied?

You also linked to this thread instead of edgelord's music.

Spoiler

The persona that I present online is but a construct of the scared lonely person behind the screen, who is typing. 

Wait... You mean you're not really a stick of butter in real life?! How dare you lie to me! I'll kill you!

But I have eyes. You canonically designed them. 

Damn that Saint Rubenio! Always one step ahead...! I'll kill him!

Oooh. I'm such a naughty butterperson. Are you going to punish me?

Uuuuhhhh...

No.

...Some other day.

A scathing remark on my and Ruben's failing relationship. How dare you I'll kill you. 

How dare you threaten The Roger, he's a better person than either of us! I'll kill you!

I didn't. 

One of these days, Butterman. One of these days you'll slip up and lose someone dear to you in this shitty ass, ez peez game. And then, my wrath shall consume you with unprecedented fury!!! At least 10 Derricks of fury!

Oh no! An Edgelord!

K I L L

Hjaki0ca oHrl38elt o

This has got to be the least threatening intended threat ever. 

Plot-twist: He's just a salesman. He was going to show you the greatest wares, but you misinterpreted his words and demeanor and attacked him.

See, it makes sense because, as we all know, edgelords make for great shopkeeps.

Edglord Map and Edgelord Music. 

You fucked up the link, mate. Boo terrible LPer.

Khyeq2sq o0hxqrsir o

The map gimmick. Remember those Thracia warptiles that were super annoying? Now imagine if instead of triggering when stepped on, you just randomly got a unit warped away before you turn.

Amazing. 10/10 who designed this game, again? Shoesow Kage?

Q1tz2m9g oW7oanivs o

Suddenly a pretty anime boy appears and tells us to give up. We aren't going to. 

Three, huh? You know what would be funny? If Oichi herself turned out to be one of them, betrayed Corrin and then you had a really dramatic Camus fight with her.

...Then I'd get to say Kaga Did It First, so I hope it happens.

Ahh, it's the pokemon that everyone likes to draw perverted art of!

...Sorry.

Bqbk2ln5 o

1- This guy's hat is absolutely magnificent.

2- That line is hilarious.

3- Who even is this guy?

Lmuvrxsc o

Next time Valora. 

Let me guess: Mafia type pokemons. Get it?

Happy New Year! Stay buttery, in 2021. 

I refused to stay buttery in 2020, what makes you think I will do the opposite in 2021?

Spoiler
6 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Seems like this is an LPer thing now. Threatening to kill people.

I mean I just didn't know how to respond. 

I can't blame you.

Inb4 they keep ******'s death scene but pull a Cait Sith. 

Plot twist. They kill Tifa instead and the plot now makes no sense. But hey, it's not like they haven't done anything to Tifa yet.

That is such a The Roger thing to do. 

I mean... I have to come up with some way to make up for the time I lose to other things.

I like penguins and I want to work in an Aquarium, this is how. 

I should have guessed.  Meanwhile, there's places in the world where it's literally legal to own a pet crocodile. It's just, with them being known to be capable of living over 100 years... that's not a decision one can do frivolously. Between the fact the meat needed to feed it, and the fact a crocodile born today could theoretically outlive everyone in this thread... and the security measures needed for the enclosure... and the space required for said enclosure... this is the kind of thing you need more dollars than sense  to think is a good idea.

But we could have had a Tsuchinoko Pokémon. 

Then everyone in the west would think it was just fat.

7 hours ago, Pengaius said:

Do you feel clever doing this?

I imagine it's kind of the same as you feel when you pun a unit. Make of that what you will.

7ovwbirf o

You know, I kind of wonder why they didn't use Beedrill as a Jagen. The bug type, at least in Gen I, were treated as the "beginner type", in that they evolved quickly... but grew poorly and had lacking movesets. Seriously Gen 1 bug moves sucked so much that Gen II needed to introduce a new type to counter the psychic type... the thing bugs were supposed to be a counter to. A Pokemon that's got early-game potency, but is lacklustre at mid to late game. Perfect metaphor for a Jagen. Guess Jigglypuff was just more marketable.

, Vaporeon chips Pawniard and Cubchoo finishes.

Sounds like Pawnography.

Why is it that random gimmicks you can't plan around are the one thing that irks me more than anything else? Say what you will about crits. But at least if you assume they're always going to happen for the enemy and never happen for you (as long as the enemy has a 1% chance or you have less than 100%), you can plan to minimize the chance of one killing someone, be it attacking from a range the enemy can''t use..  or simply using a unit too tanky to die to chip before you have someone else finish the job. But this? You need a different contingency for every individual Pokemon on the battlefield being warped. For every turn. Or you need to think up a new strategy each turn. How fun.

Good riddance Edgelord. 

Wait... you use "I'll kill you" and get rid of an Edgelord in the same chapter. Are we sure you're the real Pengauis and not Ruben?

Rozyko1r o

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I remember my first Gardevoir. I was playing Sapphire blind... hence when I caught a male Ralts and it evolved into Kirlia and Gardevoir.... I was more than a little confused on why this line wasn't gender-locked.

Yzwy5hd3 oEfrswqqd o

Guesses for which is which?

Well, seeing as there's four types left and we always have the Dragon at the end of the game in an SRPG and Pokemon both.
Spectra doesn't stand a ghost of a chance of fooling me now that we know Yaksha was Dark.
While a storm contains water, but that was Nix'd by Fontaine's use of it, and Violight ices Electricity's chances as well.
As for Valora, one can steel the answer by eliminating the other sixteen types... or just knowing their manufacturers.

7 hours ago, Dayni said:

Is it a Dialga?

Sinnoh. But you're in the right Region of the Pokedex.

One of these days, Butterman. One of these days you'll slip up and lose someone dear to you in this shitty ass, ez peez game. And then, my wrath shall consume you with unprecedented fury!!! At least 10 Derricks of fury!

Doesn't Derrick have Mercy though?

Plot-twist: He's just a salesman. He was going to show you the greatest wares, but you misinterpreted his words and demeanor and attacked him.

See, it makes sense because, as we all know, edgelords make for great shopkeeps.

Let's face it. It'd suit the quote better.

Three, huh? You know what would be funny? If Oichi herself turned out to be one of them, betrayed Corrin and then you had a really dramatic Camus fight with her.

But if he didn't lose the thing, she'd have a damn Jigglypuff.

Much like a length of rope that has been twisted upon itself and worn with time, I'm a frayed knot.

Gosh golly I really intended to get this out earlier, whoops, I think I'll be able to get more parts out soon, at least 1 a week, but don't hold me to it sorry. 

Part 14: Many evolutions. 

Replies:

Spoiler
On 1/1/2021 at 12:29 AM, Dayni said:

Higher statwise, come on!

Oh, alright. 

Why then would you not be able to get Beedril earlier when it could have more impact?

Beedrill is not found in the wild during base game, as it only appears at 3rd level areas, by then you should already have strong volved Pokémon. The only other way to get Beedrill in your army is torecruit a Warrior who has  one, but not many do. 

Are we sure he's not some other creature?

Or just really committed to the emo ninja look?

He just REALLY likes Zoroark. 

Wait, they give you stuff when they teleport you away?

That's the most generous teleportation trap I've seen in some time.

Yeah but it's mostly potions so it's not really a benefit. 

Is it a Dialga?

...no

So it has an AoE, but one where the centre doesn't take damage. Can the centre be empty or does it have to be occupied?

Centre can be empty, doesnt have to be but can. 

You also linked to this thread instead of edgelord's music.

Hehe whoops! Should be fixed now. 

On 1/1/2021 at 12:43 AM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Wait... You mean you're not really a stick of butter in real life?! How dare you lie to me! I'll kill you!

But how will you know what I look lie?

Damn that Saint Rubenio! Always one step ahead...! I'll kill him!

Sure, try not to lose too many units on the way. 

Uuuuhhhh...

No.

...Some other day.

I clear a space in my calendar. 

Your wrath couldn't consume a pizza, Ruben. 

K I L L

K I L L reminded me of this.

True, but they leave if get too close to endgame. 

You fucked up the link, mate. Boo terrible LPer.

Amazing. 10/10 who designed this game, again? Shoesow Kage?

Susan Koagey. Actually. 

Eh, we'll see. 

...Sorry.

G o   t o   h o r n y   j a i l

1- This guy's hat is absolutely magnificent.

2- That line is hilarious.

3- Who even is this guy?

Kanetsugu, Kanetsugu and Kanetsugu. 

No

I refused to stay buttery in 2020, what makes you think I will do the opposite in 2021?

Idk. Peer pressure?

On 1/1/2021 at 8:33 AM, The Roger The Paladin said:

Hide contents

Seems like this is an LPer thing now. Threatening to kill people.

How dare you generalize us. I'll kill you!

Plot twist. They kill Tifa instead and the plot now makes no sense. But hey, it's not like they haven't done anything to Tifa yet.

inb4 Sephiroth kills another Sephiroth, and THIS was the real Sephiroth all along!

I should have guessed.  Meanwhile, there's places in the world where it's literally legal to own a pet crocodile. It's just, with them being known to be capable of living over 100 years... that's not a decision one can do frivolously. Between the fact the meat needed to feed it, and the fact a crocodile born today could theoretically outlive everyone in this thread... and the security measures needed for the enclosure... and the space required for said enclosure... this is the kind of thing you need more dollars than sense  to think is a good idea.

Or be an Irwin. 

Then everyone in the west would think it was just fat.

Idk chonky snake would be a cool mon. 

I imagine it's kind of the same as you feel when you pun a unit. Make of that what you will.

Faint glee?

You know, I kind of wonder why they didn't use Beedrill as a Jagen. The bug type, at least in Gen I, were treated as the "beginner type", in that they evolved quickly... but grew poorly and had lacking movesets. Seriously Gen 1 bug moves sucked so much that Gen II needed to introduce a new type to counter the psychic type... the thing bugs were supposed to be a counter to. A Pokemon that's got early-game potency, but is lacklustre at mid to late game. Perfect metaphor for a Jagen. Guess Jigglypuff was just more marketable.

Idk, a fully evolved Pokémon from the start might have been too OP. 

Sounds like Pawnography.

Cease. 

Why is it that random gimmicks you can't plan around are the one thing that irks me more than anything else? Say what you will about crits. But at least if you assume they're always going to happen for the enemy and never happen for you (as long as the enemy has a 1% chance or you have less than 100%), you can plan to minimize the chance of one killing someone, be it attacking from a range the enemy can''t use..  or simply using a unit too tanky to die to chip before you have someone else finish the job. But this? You need a different contingency for every individual Pokemon on the battlefield being warped. For every turn. Or you need to think up a new strategy each turn. How fun.

Ehh, I kinda like having to adapt to unexpected situations, one of the main reasons I hate 0% growths  LTC is that it reduces the game to a replicatable sequence of button presses. 

Wait... you use "I'll kill you" and get rid of an Edgelord in the same chapter. Are we sure you're the real Pengauis and not Ruben?

What of course not...

I remember my first Gardevoir. I was playing Sapphire blind... hence when I caught a male Ralts and it evolved into Kirlia and Gardevoir.... I was more than a little confused on why this line wasn't gender-locked.

Kilts. 

Well, seeing as there's four types left and we always have the Dragon at the end of the game in an SRPG and Pokemon both.
Spectra doesn't stand a ghost of a chance of fooling me now that we know Yaksha was Dark.
While a storm contains water, but that was Nix'd by Fontaine's use of it, and Violight ices Electricity's chances as well.
As for Valora, one can steel the answer by eliminating the other sixteen types... or just knowing their manufacturers.

Do you are want die?

But if he didn't lose the thing, she'd have a damn Jigglypuff.
No, I was gonna bench that thing as soon as I could, it has not been missed. 

Update:

Spoiler

Ykisjsdw o

Today we challenge the kingdom of Valora, one of the worst maps in the game. Yaaay. 

Qafuvgvm oKirq0kpo oNkm4g2eu o0lwc6jdt o

This is how Steel type works. 

Zcoqcwhp oDzuhcl0w oUoba6hbk o

The team, lots of type advantage for us today. 

Eqyte81w o

The Kingdom of Valora

Fjcaox2g oYjxi5lqm oDrlnxylq oAyxcelhl oGy9lnwv3 oWyu1nk1e oWzk7g2s3 o

These guys have cool designs. 

Mx9zocpd oRfcqmvif oJu2lkjrq o5hncd99o oRuqszvik oWhrqm6vo o

Gee, they sure have given us a lot of turns for this rout map. 

Se0p32ms oLxmo9tpv oJbkgbepa oXgqss41x oYor26me7 oFriqxrdh o

Big industrial looking map, and big industrial sounding music. (this track is an honest banger) This map is one of the more annoying maps in the game, having obtuse map gimmicks and lots of single file corridors. 

1akjnrqx o9u7rhmbh oMofmopc9 oZtwivgcz oHp7zrvcq o

It's hard to tell, but when a mon steps on a cog, the cog rotates, which raises and lowers the gates on the map. 

P4lt7llo o7ovqx8jg oXzcrxthj oYuryehzs oKqay9cb2 oG5pwzla9 oOv5mdoeg oOmdf7ifi oK8wil2vi oHw49wanc oYu3dndjn oUeqtyqbc o

The enemy demonstrate the thing I just said, also these cameras move. 

Keaevuky o7s2msteb oKjrgnftx oYqd2xhzr oCpb8rvi7 oRps2tacg oJyew3t5t oBduvfbee oDm2jyacs oFqrjeueg oFs7vweca o

Moving closer we beat up the Arons. 

12psxijl oOaovmbb7 oLh8h1era o

The enemy move, afterwards Ampharos is placed in a dangerous position. 

Vnkedsnx oOfxjrebz oQbdv9dnv oDz3ugqin oSiuch0mf oS0xntvux oKthygqls oKfyh22e4 o

After moving around a bit, Vaporeon takes out Chimeco and Ampharos takes a potshot at Metagross. 

Iwktvvcl oOj3dx6ll o

Ampharos has to take a hit but Electric > Steel, so it's fine. 

Izzs5t3e o5nhpaasa o4xdi6grs oPghm1iho o4ehhdq0h oZr2lz2uw oVpdurkep o

Empoleon tries to snipe Aggron, but Metagross blocks it. Then Vaporeon hits Metagross. 

Iupip9lp oLfvmazej o0v3toqa5 oOgr3rdt9 oEoqtyo50 oH5xb5yy9 o982pcqgw oPt5czlh7 o

We take some hits, but not from Quagsire. 

Kvtc9ur3 oFbnp821e oRr7besbg o8f4lbtbc oJjfsolcc oLrh2bkgd oRndaa7mx oVm0rlkuw o

We take out Metagross, but sadly Aggron tanks Gurdurr's attack. 

Sklzgcmr oFrwkkbbo oTu2cueh4 o

We get hit, Aggron grabs an item. 

Afullhu2 oFq65hnh9 oR9xfhfuk oKwzamcjk o1q5ppc1o o

Aggron goes down. 

Xnqhohl8 oVahsdulo oLz4vq8fi o1wp6xdyi oCh87ivjp oLzg9gdab o

Vaporeon breaks the item and Gurdurr attacks for clear. Altogether this went a lot better than it normally does. 

Tegh0xpg oGmctzxdm o5pxsx12l oAclpgsva o

Post battle results. 

6nkvlnrz oYcavsnbk oArlvonub o8yoyqwme oDpzkxx36 o

Winning. 

2ujappkp oT5u6mzua o

We spot a familiar face so we decide to say hi. 

Jpdcdero oGigdpipf oE2ogcom3 o

Imma be real I forgot to get the cool inslide as well as the map, whoops. 

Gd7gfdof oEajuzgbr o2i8w3zzr o

Pineco gets hit. 

5t1noan6 oIsfhsdey oDtgosmup o

We take some enemies out. 

D7rnhzjx oFvpkkwru o

They move. 

Lfgb2qft oHqtpxz0n o

Things. 

0ns2d2ck o

Happen. 

40olbn5y oFm3js4bp o

More. 

Neglqxbw oWyz9s0k6 oOlnw5fkp o

Things.

Qxi4bem8 o0bttierv oJydynebm o

Happen. 

Njuicrrm oZz6okksb o

Randy please change the item text. 

Olzegaih oKxxw91ja o2orkqfyo o

We win these. 

3dv5bng9 oInlyqplg oXzqkkszr oChtrhpoa oCod8e6tl o

Post battle stuff. 

Oxnpjytq oTi0cqopz o6yozcfnn oJeeeblxz oFrhrsyox o

Pineco evolved. 

Ah6e9wgw oM8rpezho o

Ignoring that i took these mid fight. Bustle is always good. 

Shinx is an okay Pokémon, Having decent Attack and Speed and moderate everything else. Sequence boosts the power of Electric types in a radius. Spark is just electric quick attack that does less damage the 2nd time onwards. 

Ej1dxwfa o

Forretress is without a doubt the worst Pokémon in the game, because of 1 simple thing, it's move. 

Rtzskigi o1hhaf5iw o6lc3zmzi oNeuacnt0 oT793zxzq oPznafpoa o

Gyro ball is, uh not very good. See the thing about Gyro Ball is that it deals extra damage to foes that are faster than the user. The problem with Gyro Ball is that it has practically 0 base Power, and the move ignores the users Sttack during calculations. This means that despite having a rather impressive Attack stat, Forretress cannot use it. effectively the only things this move can hurt are glass speedsters. Additionally the move pushes the user forward 1 tile, as long as the target is on the same altitude as the user. 

Gyro ball effectively reduces the things that Forretress can do to sitting on banners to stall. However, since the attack moves the user forward, Forretress has to leave the banner to do it's 1 damage. Compare this to Pineco, who can use Bug Bite to munch on the enemies items while in the same position. Let that sink in. EVOLVING Pineco makes it worse in every way. 

The reason the Bottom 3 (Rhyperior £rd, Jigglypuff 2nd and Forretress !st) are the worst is because they are actively worse than their previous forms. (igglybuff is still trash, but it as pound which is better than doubleslap) evolving makes these Pokémon DIRECT DOWNGRADES to their previous forms.  

Anyhow back to this stuff. 

6akb7ews oXgtelkg1 oHrcgstrl oOnb9c17o oUpdb0ceq o68nvdum1 oB2suemne o1bofxcwo o1xclim2d oZxobw9re oFhibadak oTgsmeelg oIgql1gzn oS5xaawko oX1qconcm o

Abra evolves. 

Lyvlsdqp oBnbbr0ex o8cvrmvvh o

Powerful, fast and with a good move to boot! Kadabra is a force to be reckoned with. Also, have a Gardevoir/Gallade comparison. 

P5a1tsgs o

It's catching up to us. 

Orlgwpl5 oCucuus06 oCioil1ql oLlf9irhy oBnksrcba oFnvjltmh oVmmmmatq oLtrjpbx1 oYedxweyq o

Charmeleon evolves. 

Uwaidhno o

Charizard is a low move flier, with great stats and a good move. Flamethrower is Hydro Pump, but it can burn. Charizard is excellent at what it does but it's movement can be annoying. 

Niggzwmm oJhtytmhw oXlk5chw3 oO52d7nc2 oWlm2htsb oWp6meysp oNqk14mvx oOkjndmyu o

Gurdurr evolved. 

X2awc6jb o

Conkeldurr has a lot of Attack. Superpower is 1 range Brave bird but with Attack over move. 

Axaa4kvl o9ekgjnhe oKpt9qlsn o4fg0wbrf oEeys0g5s oNvhbiix8 oEhkshykw o4qv8okgn oRyoetd3k oBkxbpfd8 o

By paying gold you can change your mon's ability, neat huh?

Fixhplga oIgc74gjs oMxzzi8qm oUjiivbxu oSxd1q2t7 oNxagbdk9 oVxuhvw6e oBzh20ize o

Cubchoo evolved. 

Pcpk7tpv o

Beartic isn't amazing, having low movement and Speed, but it's Attack and Move are quite decent so it's still decent enough. Icicle Crash is basically a strong ember that can cause flinching, 

Zkfrcvot oWhoops Forgot to take a shotK7vqzlc3 oUyw8msx1 o5q8kndok oMp06pd6s o5hai9uus oKbgxhqyn oNvhatuef o

Scraggy evolved.

Ffvtje9b o

Scrafty has Defense and thats just about it really. It's Attack and HP are okay but its Speed isn't. High Jump Kick moves the user forward one tile, but if they fail to land their hit they take a chunk of damage. 

Thggqxqh oNlhuxlgh oFjfuo82f oRai09raf oSylfcevy oYcbo9f0h oHlfgg1t2 oP6aafrwo oV6htpmw9 o

I think you understand by now. 

Wwufczg8 o

Alakzam is ludicrously powerful, being very strong and very fast. It sucks defensively, but everywhere else it's pretty good. Psychic is neat tho. 

Lztpkdkp oQsfjxmew oHhet8bng o20zim64o oOm80ze1u oNhxtaiav o9ffaqlk4 oCkb8clix oUklq9jhg oGjvv37vz oE5hmzbop oEpzsrivi oMqtaj0xv oKfcetoby o

See title. 

Ajnfquav o

Luxio is a more Powerful, but less bulky Flaaffy. That is all. 

Buhnz0o9 oFmw2ngni oWqm5z1xz o

Oh hey. Time caught up. Next time Nixtorm. 

Stay buttery folks. 

Spoiler

Gosh golly I really intended to get this out earlier, whoops, I think I'll be able to get more parts out soon, at least 1 a week, but don't hold me to it sorry. 

Ha you failed Butterman, you said you'd post more often but didn't.

Sure, try not to lose too many units on the way. 

I should probably have seen that one coming, but it still made me laugh. You bastard.

Your wrath couldn't consume a pizza, Ruben. 

How dare you! I'll have you know, there's roughly 60 characters that beg to disagree. There's even one or two that were my enemies when my wrath consumed them!

K I L L reminded me of this.

I need to find an excuse to say "T H I S   D O O R   I S   A   B I T C H !"

16 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Susan Koagey. Actually. 

Why, you little-- That wasn't necessary, Butterman!

G o   t o   h o r n y   j a i l

Me?! Don't shoot the messenger, pal! I'm not the one who drew all those things!

No

Valora kinda reads like Valery

Get it now?

17 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Idk. Peer pressure?

You fool! I shall instead wait patiently and politely for the next update! I have foiled your plans with my tactical genius!

18 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Yjxi5lqm oDrlnxylq oAyxcelhl o

These guys have cool designs. 

Oh no, these guys look really powerful. We should layasu down our arms. Then run to hide In a box or something.

I regret nothing! Hahahahahahaha...!

Also those two have Bors-tier chins. Just thought I'd point it out.

20 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Rps2tacg oJyew3t5t oBduvfbee oDm2jyacs o

Why are they talking like they die after their pokemons get beaten up? That's not how this world works! After you lose you don't die, you just make a dumb face and die inside!

21 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

S0xntvux o

Wasn't Buttface's name different last we saw him?

23 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ej1dxwfa o

Forretress is without a doubt the worst Pokémon in the game, because of 1 simple thing, it's move. 

Armor knight pokemon! Armor knight pokemon! Use it.

23 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Bkxbpfd8 o

By paying gold you can change your mon's ability, neat huh?

I like how the shopkeeper is a buttface. Dumbest portrait in the game, I love it.

24 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Everyone evolved.

So many evolutions today. It's almost as if the title of the update itself said that there would be many evolutions.

24 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Wqm5z1xz o

Oh hey. Time caught up. Next time Nixtorm. 

Next time, we storm Nixtorm.

25 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Stay buttery folks. 

No.

3 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

...no

Keldeo's special form?

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Centre can be empty, doesnt have to be but can. 

Good to know, so it's not limited by that.

The rest of my responses are me reacting to your review of mons, so I'll just put it here:

Spoiler
9 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ah6e9wgw oM8rpezho o

Ignoring that i took these mid fight. Bustle is always good. 

Shinx is an okay Pokémon, Having decent Attack and Speed and moderate everything else. Sequence boosts the power of Electric types in a radius. Spark is just electric quick attack that does less damage the 2nd time onwards. 

Why does Spark disappoint?

I like Shinx too, oof.

10 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ej1dxwfa o

Gyro ball is, uh not very good. See the thing about Gyro Ball is that it deals extra damage to foes that are faster than the user. The problem with Gyro Ball is that it has practically 0 base Power, and the move ignores the users Sttack during calculations. This means that despite having a rather impressive Attack stat, Forretress cannot use it. effectively the only things this move can hurt are glass speedsters. Additionally the move pushes the user forward 1 tile, as long as the target is on the same altitude as the user. 

Gyro ball effectively reduces the things that Forretress can do to sitting on banners to stall. However, since the attack moves the user forward, Forretress has to leave the banner to do it's 1 damage. Compare this to Pineco, who can use Bug Bite to munch on the enemies items while in the same position. Let that sink in. EVOLVING Pineco makes it worse in every way. 

The reason the Bottom 3 (Rhyperior £rd, Jigglypuff 2nd and Forretress !st) are the worst is because they are actively worse than their previous forms. (igglybuff is still trash, but it as pound which is better than doubleslap) evolving makes these Pokémon DIRECT DOWNGRADES to their previous forms.  

Anyhow back to this stuff. 

So they did him dirty, ooof.

Gyro ball's formula doesn't really work for the stats in this game, that's one issue, at least it can be a literal wall?

Also, at least Wigglytuff exists, the other two are screwed (get to fix abilities but not change moves, how unfortunate)

11 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

S5xaawko oX1qconcm o

Abra evolves. 

Holy moly I'm actually really liking the expressions in this game for once.

Good job Kadabra.

Lyvlsdqp oBnbbr0ex o8cvrmvvh o

Powerful, fast and with a good move to boot! Kadabra is a force to be reckoned with. Also, have a Gardevoir/Gallade comparison. 

Looking forward to Alakazam.

Innate Regen, range, power and speed, this is legit class cannon here.

Uwaidhno o

Charizard is a low move flier, with great stats and a good move. Flamethrower is Hydro Pump, but it can burn. Charizard is excellent at what it does but it's movement can be annoying. 

So Charizard doesn't get Fire Blast?

That and having the same move as fliers in FEH aside, Charizard seems alright.

Thanks to how terrain is, I can see why it's move is troubling.

X2awc6jb o

Conkeldurr has a lot of Attack. Superpower is 1 range Brave bird but with Attack over move. 

I'm peeved it has more move than Charizard. And not even that it has that much move.

So it can do what Foretress does better in it's ability, Superpower is probably powerful on it's own-

>That Attack stat.

Pcpk7tpv o

Beartic isn't amazing, having low movement and Speed, but it's Attack and Move are quite decent so it's still decent enough. Icicle Crash is basically a strong ember that can cause flinching, 

Wasn't Ember at 1 range? And you know, not dropping an icicle on someone?

And that pose is kinda goofy, like it's cheering in the stadium.

Ffvtje9b o

Scrafty has Defense and thats just about it really. It's Attack and HP are okay but its Speed isn't. High Jump Kick moves the user forward one tile, but if they fail to land their hit they take a chunk of damage.

Still better tank than Foretress stat wise.

Sure that typing, but still.

Ajnfquav o

Luxio is a more Powerful, but less bulky Flaaffy. That is all. 

I mean, more Power, right?

• 7 months later...
On 1/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, Pengaius said:

I think I'll be able to get more parts out soon, at least 1 a week, but don't hold me to it sorry.

Uh, yeah

Part 15: Glacial Pace. 

Repliddidyplabs

Spoiler
On 1/7/2021 at 4:33 PM, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Ha you failed Butterman, you said you'd post more often but didn't.

Moving on. 

How dare you! I'll have you know, there's roughly 60 characters that beg to disagree. There's even one or two that were my enemies when my wrath consumed them!

Why, you little-- That wasn't necessary, Butterman!

Nyohoho

Valora kinda reads like Valery

Get it now?

Sure I guess. 

You fool! I shall instead wait patiently and politely for the next update! I have foiled your plans with my tactical genius!

Ruben will wait patiently for his revenge but only for 7 months, after that something something Inevitable End. 

Oh no, these guys look really powerful. We should layasu down our arms.

you've Fightba'd yourself again Ruben. 

Why are they talking like they die after their pokemons get beaten up? That's not how this world works! After you lose you don't die, you just make a dumb face and die inside!

Look dont question this okay. 

Wasn't Buttface's name different last we saw him?

Different guy Ruben. 

Armor knight pokemon! Armor knight pokemon! Use it.

N O. 

So many evolutions today. It's almost as if the title of the update itself said that there would be many evolutions.

Le Shock. 

On 1/7/2021 at 4:58 PM, Dayni said:

Keldeo's special form?

Nope. 

The rest of my responses are me reacting to your review of mons, so I'll just put it here:

Cool

Hide contents

Why does Spark disappoint?

Beats me man. 

So they did him dirty, ooof.

Gyro ball's formula doesn't really work for the stats in this game, that's one issue, at least it can be a literal wall?

it can wall, but chokepoints are too rare for walling to be considered a good trait. 

Also, at least Wigglytuff exists, the other two are screwed (get to fix abilities but not change moves, how unfortunate)

it aint much better but it's something. 

Innate Regen, range, power and speed, this is legit class cannon here.

Oh Kadabra's great. 

So Charizard doesn't get Fire Blast?

Nope that honour goes to Darmanitan, and it's one hell of a move. 

That and having the same move as fliers in FEH aside, Charizard seems alright.

It's pretty damn good. 

>That Attack stat.

Indeed. 

Wasn't Ember at 1 range? And you know, not dropping an icicle on someone?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Still better tank than Foretress stat wise.

I mean there is a 10% Link difference but yeah. 

Sure that typing, but still.

it's cool fairy type doesn't exist yet. 

I mean, more Power, right?

It's a coin-toss between the two really. 

Whapdatty

Spoiler

Rt1uesmc o

Today we are headed to Nixtorm. 

G49igv6o oC99vqypy oOwfj0n7y o

As always Oichi gives us advice for the coming battle. 

Sb4u0vto oGv7iq5f5 oXm0bwgfy o

The team today is smaller than usual, partially because this map can be awkward to move a lot of 'mons on, but mostly because I want the space to do things in the Kingdom this month ( I didn't end up doing anything in this kingdom because nothing I cared about was in the wild. 

Ke4dcdzg o

The Kingdom of Nixtorm

Kew5azrx oBvhiwvw6 oTi5kdlq7 oNpj8ie3m oC2i2pceo oB185ms1q oRbs0xdi8 oKxby9jq1 oOtcryg9v oPb4sbddw oEjgubtcc oR3bc9kd1 o

Oh damn, this really is just the plot of Conquest. 

Ysoz4ede o8enyycny oQrxf2zsv oGp2nvplf oVcagq7s9 o

25 Turn rout map, that's a lot of turns, why do we need so many?

Swmi8qgr oOhmepbk4 oL1qkrosu o

Mitsuhide is so pretty, shame he's a Camus. Oh and Gracia is here too, she hopes we're ready or whatever. 

Bfehi7rn oOsm4azok oQiaphchs o6btopkva oW976vozw o2ghk3m39 o

Map and Music, this is the best track in the game, if nothing else PLEASE, PLEASE give it a listen, they really pushed the DS soundboard to its fullest with this.

6rb7dwn0 oNscjmmgx oWzxdfr07 oZn1wrpxr o

This map has two gimmicks. Snow that reduces movement and Ice that really really increases it beyond control. Thankfully you an undo any slide movement which is just a Godsend. 

Eaixy6xs oX4ea9ksd o

Movement on this map can be kind of awkward, and I took these screenshots 7 months ago, so apologies if I can communicate what's going on very well. Anyway, turn 1 movement. 

Lrkabxpl oBwtn1weo oKf83zwyl oJpmbgjl9 o

Did I say this map has 2 gimmicks? Whoops, it actually has 3. The Ice panels over water move when a 'mon steps on them. Anyway, the enemies move and Gracia has a line. 

S54xfdkq oApyie7xz oHleq8mzk oPxe0v99g oRqwbngcz oKnufyy4q o

Anyway, Charizard melts Cubchoo, Vaporeon acts out that one part of the Bible and Conkeldurr breaks a Tree for a Potion. 

Ypekdyrp oOohqdaec o

They move. Did I say 3 Gimmicks? I meant 4! Thin Ice turns into Cracked Thin Ice when a 'mon stands on it, and well, you'll see.

Tz37mfny oBtjzdkgo oPjbqwxox o

I think Vaporeon got hit last turn for lol damage, but because quality LP I didn't catch it. Anyhow, we attack and move. 

Cpegaf1t oCsx98eno o

I didn't even get any shots of EP, aren't you glad this Quality LP is back. 

4czh9mmk oUmwviwwh oAa7ykke9 oB5fzqsbf oKyl5hz9n oK6zmyzkn o

Anyway, Vaporeon smashes some Ice through Lapras and using some cool positioning, Charizard and Ampharos attempt something cool, but Amphy whiffs it. Conkeldurr will do something any minute now. 

Xtndwyj8 oI9slj8rx oTopko8v8 oIxcj1jnr oPisin2vo o

Conkeldurr falls asleep, truly a vital part of our team and Mitsuhide does whatever his Warrior Skill is (Crack Shot, not that I took any screenshots of Mitsuhides team comp, goddamn 7 months ago me, were you even trying?), hitting his Teammate to hit us. Talk abot cold *badum-tsh*

Rpal8c2i oEkfru5u7 oMimwcpch oGrelsfqw oEdyj9f16 oZxpfwylr oRvhwph8m oIbgw8cv6 oRn66k3oa o

The team pull off some awesome moves, dealing hard hits and managing inventory, while Conkeldurr does nothing, the lazy bum. 

6ruvfn11 oZosazt45 oZdm1ztvk o7nwrweah o0ut7hedl o

D-did I just catch an entire enemy phase extremely well, 7 months ago me was inconsistent as hell. Anyway, we take some hits and Munna is reapplying Hypnosis so Conkeldurr won't wake up (which isn't even how the game handles Sleep, but since it can't make any other actions, it will keep on trying)

Zvrawfus oQgwiz9xi oE9ehrvl9 o07r2eafa o4jhgdf9k o

1 hit, 1 heal and 2 immobile. How exiting. 

Yvvb3ilm oXu4lbldy oVf6xef2b oFz4p3om4 oKodvye9p o

Sealeo gets Paralysed, Munna applies a 3rd coat of Sleep, and Musharna fucks around and finds out with the Thin Ice. (it drops you in water, and if you aren't a water type the game forces you out the same way GBAFE units are when their rescuer dies on a peak tile). 

3ci5nlhx oUkn4adur oUeyzkrb8 oIugj7nv7 o7qzjnzh0 o

Mitsuhide is gone Krabby (not in the game) Rave. We also hit the others. 

Ukhqxokv oMkfrajsd o

Love how due to the fact Mitsuhide is gone the camera pans to Gracia who is second-in-command who is just dicking around at the top of the stage. Also nothing of note must have happened. 

S8rnqin8 oJi6nljdi oQ8obnyox oWupwwlrf oOehjaylh o9kdcggyu oBdwfswjm oHevyjfon oH8rpr5hs oLsawdzjn o

Conkeldurr wakes up and chooses violence and Charizard and Vaporeon, do to Sealeo, something they call Blanching in the food processing world. Sadly funny Ice physics do not apply to shoved 'mons, but then again a Munna carcass sliding across an ice field like a goddamn curling stone may not have been PG.

Vrfsvok9 oPo9vyyax oNqqnsdt2 o

They're groovin.

Zgp7v3sw oSmqu4rlx oV8zjuiwg oZs60g6rc oW8aieqtd o

hashtagbearticisoverparty. 

Yuz9rrow oDyxvegui oGz23xuhe o4qzjkz2p o

At this point we are just waiting to beat Musharna to death so I'll just fast forward to the proverbial clubbing of the baby seal. 

Xbhos8u8 oCue31hb3 o14vv3pmc oC0jm4btb oXvuqbpnu oNgmmbtnh oOjipvcse oAgggfiop oBjn25bnd o

And, we're done!

Jpspnrj7 oPwbctoqu oVgw0qsvj oKtyuzdig o

Post battle results. 

O4iyx5al oI5om7juk oKkjxrn7h oRddexfbl oYxnm2leb o2pu01zvw oK8yqallt oXnmc2tfg oFtstgihs oNtcliqq4 oHlvdrtcn oYjzr84bc o

Camus gonna Camus. 

Zj47xrwo oZwlvog1b oMj3kcrq0 oB5bzchuc oXax790am oNbq5odzm oNdm9bwrq oBmynzguz o

All of this stuff happens. 

Now an unfortunate incident occurred after this. As you know, I try to feature two battles in every update so that updates have substance, usually I do the battles on separate months for better pacing of the update, which means I don't take screenshots of most auxiliary grinding battles, this coming battle was no different, however...

Vclzfrpa oIoyblhtu oYhbc0s7g oUujkr2wg oUbnyw3yc oIy044yvl o6vczbxk0 oRzp3yk6j oL19mpzef o

...Yep, we lost him in a non important battle. Charmeleon then attempted to evolve, which I had to refuse as his Pokemon was defeated and losers don't get to evolve. So yeah.

Vq9m7ua1 oGwcn8arm o

On a separate note, Chikamasa's Empoleon has reached its Link Cap. Sadly Chikamasa's Perfect Link isn't empoleon (It's Wooper and Quagsire if you want to know) so his Empoleon will never get any stronger than it is now. 

Orjaizfi oJfh6vxds oBdbtbd9m oFe5nnssq oOr1ygbsi oWbjt9tt5 o4q5ogucr o

This is the final relevant battle of this month. 

Aqxlnlsp o

New month. 

Gv9q9tkk oAy0s6ehb oJuqvstxz o5dxa6syz oPpxr04fs oK3r3zeo0 oYrradwmb oIchihby4 oYxyb16e8 oTk1igujq oGmpthxu2 oMcmrr0ff oYrlysizm oO0b7krje o

We move Takatora into Pugilis, fight a battle that is completely unimportant and replace our cool Charmeleon with a Cottonee. 

Qa9mvh6j oKtdeozxj o5hdoveqt oBp6f8qko o5ythupmj oSuzdqdic o0do8npdg oPtbnez5d oMrhstdkj oH5nq9st4 o9z1jnw0b oQ9tlorqv oHsoyv5on o

These happen.

Uujhl5x9 o30thi1en oJwe5gbud oHhzvf0jl o8iofkzyg o

Continuing from where Luxio left off Luxray is kind of just a worse Ampharos, along the line Luxray lost it's advantage in power against the sheep Pokemon to go all in with speed, which could have been good if it weren't for the fact that they're both locked to Thunder which is inherently sorta inaccurate, so you have the choice between the actually significantly more powerful and bulky Ampharos or the slighty more accurate and dodgy Luxray. It's actually a kind of sad mirror of the rivals in Pokemon games, where they start off even with the player but by the end of the game you stomp them into the dirt. 

Anyway, moving on. 

Lcakfg8j oRu5qtfde oOvujonay oZqy2hazn o

This also happens. 

Nvgxv8nc oPs2qmxj2 o

And now we grind Ryhorn. 

Gurykxrg oZhfxcryn oCcnvjkme o

10 turn rout map. 

Pbifcns1 oMybuon3d oSe4gggmk oWo1cdhgs o

This map is small, so we can actually look at it from all angles. 

Juzoduwb o9vyyzy5o oSi0cbwcb o4oqixsar oXc7kjfxt o

Our first turn we make a formation and Ryhorn picks up 2 items, the potion was obtained from destroying a tree if it wasn't immediately clear. 

Aet2tfyd o1lr6chpo oD8hmriug oLbnpkxok oSiaqjdoi o

Empoleon and Vaporeon soften Spheal for Ryhorn to Bulldoze. Conkeldurr takes a trip on an Ice Floe. 

Gjuxfdxh oFrw9czlg oTzelxg9f oWd3laq15 oYf0yl9rz o

Ryhorn misses a bulldoze and Vaporeon wipes out a Duskull, also items. 

Av2lejqy o62ashc83 oTfv5f2jx oRgfevkiv o

Wa1lhldb o

Ryhorn lands his Bulldoze and we grab some more items.

Avh4qavn oVkvaf7az oBrauqrmn oMm3cctzg oRz9ycjhw o

We grab some more stuff and Ryhorn closes in on the last enemy. 

72pl6miv oG54ywq4f oBny3zzw7 oX6qdbjfm o

We grab everything and...

4kqfkptp oCnw09r2e o

That's a wrap. 

Rvkkrkzd oN0j9wdab o

Some nice stuff here. 

Zq9tq2df oGhso1nhu oGxwg1g4k oQtxl6fil o

Rhydon Time.

Vlxa3eit o

Rhydon is pretty darn good, its power and bulk are great and it doesn't have Rhyperior's ass-bad Range or Move. Drill run is like Gyro ball but not horrible. Its strong and has a high critrate. If you play right Ryhorn can move 3 times as far as Rhyperior in 1 turn. See now how bad Rhyperior is?

I2k5dx8m oMngbf5eo oNribnrgy o

Onward to Spectra.

Death Counter 2: Rikyu (Darumaka)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Takatora (Charmeleon)

Boy am I glad to finally have this out. I still intend on completing this LP (for the main game at least) but don't expect updates frequently, as I'm currently busy with college stuff. There probably won't be another update until at least October, but as can be seen from the 7 month hiatus, I'm not too good at keeping a schedule. 

Until next time folks, stay buttery. 

Finally, Butterman.

Finally.

Spoiler

Hahahahahahahaha... Damnit, I really did a whole ass LP in the time it took you to release a new update... Ahhhh, fuck me. I'm so sorry, Clint...

Ruben will wait patiently for his revenge but only for 7 months, after that something something Inevitable End. 

Ah fuck, my sides.

...Had I even played Conquest at the time I wrote that post? Shit, it really has been a long time...

you've Fightba'd yourself again Ruben. 

I'd reply with another pun, but I've forgotten the names of every pokemon. Sorry!

N O. 

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Ke4dcdzg o

The Kingdom of Nixtorm

The Kingdom of Nixtorm.

R3bc9kd1 o

Heeey, this clown looks a lot less clownish than all the other clowns in this game! Not bad.

Map and Music, this is the best track in the game, if nothing else PLEASE, PLEASE give it a listen, they really pushed the DS soundboard to its fullest with this.

It is pretty neat.

aren't you glad this Quality LP is back. 

I was so happy to see the notification.

Ftstgihs oNtcliqq4 oHlvdrtcn oYjzr84bc o

Camus gonna Camus. 

Inb4 he's a Camus that joins like Alvina BWS and Howard TLP.

Uujkr2wg o

...Yep, we lost him in a non important battle.

I'd laugh, but then I remember that I've been losing characters in the easiest battles for like, 3 years now.

The lesson here is, complacency is a slow and insidious killer.

Wd3laq15 o

Zgr2pgg2 oYygoa3dn o

Diucrdtw o

Sorry

Rikyu (Darumaka)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Takatora (Charmeleon)

Charmeleon, more like Charmeleoff.

Boy am I glad to finally have this out. I still intend on completing this LP (for the main game at least) but don't expect updates frequently, as I'm currently busy with college stuff. There probably won't be another update until at least October, but as can be seen from the 7 month hiatus, I'm not too good at keeping a schedule.

Don't push yourself, man. Whenever you can and want.

Until next time folks, stay buttery. 

How long has it been since I last heard these words? And just as ever, I shall ignore them.

Pengaius today.

Spoiler

Mitsuhide is gone Krabby (not in the game) Rave

F in the chat

Sadly funny Ice physics do not apply to shoved 'mons, but then again a Munna carcass sliding across an ice field like a goddamn curling stone may not have been PG.

I feel like it should.

Also, do none of these Munna line have meditate?

Zs60g6rc oW8aieqtd o

hashtagbearticisoverparty. 

#bearsgrilled

Yhbc0s7g oUujkr2wg o

Snake charming was not a good hobby for Takatora to take up.

RIP Charizard I suppose.

8iofkzyg o

Continuing from where Luxio left off Luxray is kind of just a worse Ampharos, along the line Luxray lost it's advantage in power against the sheep Pokemon to go all in with speed, which could have been good if it weren't for the fact that they're both locked to Thunder which is inherently sorta inaccurate, so you have the choice between the actually significantly more powerful and bulky Ampharos or the slighty more accurate and dodgy Luxray. It's actually a kind of sad mirror of the rivals in Pokemon games, where they start off even with the player but by the end of the game you stomp them into the dirt. 

Anyway, moving on. 

Well that sucks. Luxray, why?

Also, maybe Hop's exempt due to having a legendary. Barry's also really solid in the end, especially with Infernape.

Vlxa3eit o

Rhydon is pretty darn good, its power and bulk are great and it doesn't have Rhyperior's ass-bad Range or Move. Drill run is like Gyro ball but not horrible. Its strong and has a high critrate. If you play right Ryhorn can move 3 times as far as Rhyperior in 1 turn. See now how bad Rhyperior is?

Yes.

Rhyperior there like "Fuck go back"