New Heroes: Goddess's Servants

NSSKG151

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a lot of us expected, but I was thinking more students before church! So a welcome surprise there, but I was hoping for Felix and Marianne to calm their respective fans down a bit.

I hope SS is next month to end the book again.

I will merge Seteth for sure! That art... it’s Shannan’s artist! Yay! Don’t care for anyone, but Flayn is looking NUTTY with that staff...

Ngl I'm kinda confused that Thunderbrand isn't a brave sword. Eh. Flayn looks super good, both art and skillwise. I'd mainly like Seteth for favouritism's sake though.

Also (spoilers)

Spoiler

Can we take a moment to appreciate the double entendre with Flayn's epitaph? Because she is both a playing innocent (because of her childish nature) and playing innocent (hiding her true identity)

Edited by Anathaco

Tickets will be used on colorless, otherwise there is nothing I really need from this banner. Seteth is the demote so he will probably show up one day for me. I'm surprised they are making Nemesis a GHB instead of a Mythic Hero. Figured they would have put Solon or Thales in the GHB slot instead.

~Thunderbrand is supposed to be a Brave Sword, but here Catherine is simply built with effects that will ensure she has a follow-up attack... eh. Not like it's that big a deal, but it does bother me slightly. Does mean we're getting yet another fast Sword Infantry...

~Welp, I wonder what @XRay has to say about Flayn adding yet another layer of Damage Reduction to Brave Ike, and just a general layer of damage reduction to... everyone basically? Rescue+ looks neat from a usage standpoint, but the fact it doesn't affect special cooldown is a bit of a bummer. Otherwise... well, I'm sure Flayn will be just fine.

~I hope Seteth's demote skill is Brazen Atk/Spd! I dunno what else to say, good weapon but probably not gonna make any significant shifts in the world overall.

~When was the last time we had a raw Firesweep prf? Shamir looks like she'll do good, with the exception of that color to work around, but we've not had a proper Firesweep weapon introduced in what feels like a real long time...

~I wonder if the summoner will be like Red from Pokemon, where their dialogue is made up completely of ellipsis and grunts? I also wonder if they'll be considered gender-neutral?

Edited by Xenomata

Huh. The trailer's seems early. Also, cool church units and stuff sorry still haven't played 3H still don't have much of an opinion here.

I was pretty sure that Shamir would be delayed forever as students and other more popular TH characters were prioritized first, so I'm pleased with this! Just leaves Leonie as the last TH character I really want.

Edited by uhmuzing

Gonna save up some orbs for the rest of the month and hopefully i can nab 3 of 4 on this banner. (Catherine is kinda meh for me. and really would just be something to add to my 3H collection) - for a moment i thought she was the demote, but i saw swift sparrow 3.

Seteth will 100 percent be +10'ed. will be great support for my flying teams, so i hope i can get at least a few copies on the way. This banner ends on Halloween/Nov 1st - so unsure if we'd see the trailer or not for November before then. Hopefully i can get a decent IV Flayn and a Decent IV Shamir. rescue will be fun.

Just now, Xenomata said:

~Welp, I wonder what @XRay has to say about Flayn adding yet another layer of Damage Reduction to Brave Ike, and just a general layer of damage reduction to... everyone basically? Rescue+ looks neat from a usage standpoint, but the fact it doesn't affect special cooldown is a bit of a bummer. Otherwise... well, I'm sure Flayn will be just fine.

Flayn is amazing! Do we know if her staff is stackable? I assume not, but it is something to think about if it is. Put three (or four) of her together with a super tank and the only way to kill something is via mass Blazing nukes or mass Deadeye archers. Rescue is awesome too. They just need a Reposition version.

The other units are pretty decent. Seteth is definitely awesome for being a demote with Brazen Atk/Spd! Catherine is decent, it is just that she feels like Byleth 2.0. Shamir is also nice, and looking at the effects, I believe Intelligent Systems is finally comfortable making exclusive bows rivalling Brave Bow in power, but her green color is a bit of a bummer.

So church route this time, that's nice as they tend to be overshadowed by the students. 

Catherine is a Player phase monster with her Thunderbrand giving her NFU and a Dive Bomb-like effect (more like pure Adept at this point) and her inheritable skills show that she's really about initiating. Sadly she's a sword infantry so it's not going to be easy to stand out even with Gen 5 BST because the class is too saturated at this point. 

Flayn is disgusting (in the good sense). Her Prf is a unconditional 30% dmg reduction just by having her around, like WHAT!? Pair her with a B!Ike/Repel user/F!Lyon/etc and watch your unit be unkillable as long as they're using a healing special. Luckily she's going to be a rare sight so it's not like Deadeye suddenly became a must have (and even if it ends that way one day, my Norne already has it). 

Seteth is the demote but he comes with a Prf making him already quite valuable. His skills are meh so I'll only focus on Spear of Assal. So the weapon has a drive range and offers Joint Drive Atk/Spd for teammates and Seteth himself gets a semi Lull effect (more like a Dull but for Atk/Spd). The focus on Atk/Spd tells me he's not going to be all that bulky so he'll probably be a Player Phase unit. 

Shamir's art is awesome! Her skillset is loaded with a focus on going solo (like Shinon), but unlike Shinon she's all about initiating while he is more mixed. Shamir seems like Eleonora 2.0, green edition. And that's Shamir's biggest weakness, being colored as a bow is a bad thing more often than not so I don't see Shamir being in the same tier as Shinon, which is a shame. 

And Nemesis is the GHB, huh? Welp, I already killed my F!Byleth for Ruptured Sky so no double Byleth meme clear. I don't care too much about Nemesis as a unit, he's likely going to be a bulky Sword infantry, which is a relatively rare niche within the class but not one that's requested when Repel/Close call/Spurn already do more than enough to make the speedy ones quite tanky. 

9 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Does mean we're getting yet another fast Sword Infantry...

Hey, they almost went three whole months (M!Kris, 7/20) without adding not only an infantry sword but any sword unit period. That's both impressive and unprecedented restraint for IS when it comes to swords.

Well they finally put a flying healer in the general pool which is great!  I am happy Seteth is the demote and I probably will +10 him.  I will do only the free pulls though, since I am low on orbs.  Nemesis will be nice though I don't know what I will do with him. I hope he has good fodder.

9 minutes ago, uhmuzing said:

I was pretty sure that Shamir would be delayed forever as students and other more popular TH characters were prioritized first, so I'm pleased with this! Just leaves Leonie as the last TH character I really want.

Shamir ranked pretty well in CYL4 (#43). Catherine is the least popular on this banner, even counting Nemesis.

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

Shamir ranked pretty well in CYL4 (#43). Catherine is the least popular on this banner, even counting Nemesis.

Oh really? Huh, that's cool, I didn't realize that. I've never liked Catherine or used her in any of the TH paths, but I guess I figured she was popular for some reason. 

edit: wow Nemesis's art is insane. The shading is pretty interesting too. Depending on his stats I might have to consider making him my next Grails project instead of Ena. 

Edited by uhmuzing

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Nemesis art: https://imgur.com/a/aJR6ywk

Nemesis sprite: 

Hide contents

nemesis_king_of_liberation.png

Well, while they low balled him by not making him a Mythic probably because there was no room for him thanks to the OC glut they certainly didn't do the same with his art.

I am kinda surprised to see him as GHB. I was expecting Solon... And expected Nemesis as GHB for the next Fallen Heroes.