New Heroes: Goddess's Servants

NSSKG151

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, as predicted, this month's banner is Three Houses. I didn't expect any of these characters, though. I fully expected Felix and Marianne. I don't think anyone here is a must-have for me right now, except MAYBE Flayn. I'm a little sad Alois was left out, but oh well.

Reduces damage from foe's attacks during combat to allies within 2 spaces by 30%... WTF Am I reading that right?! lol

Looks like Flayn will be the prize on this banner. Pair her up with characters like Brave Ike, Legendary Corrin, or Brave Edeldard and watch as they become nigh immortal! lol I suspect Shinon will be in much higher demand now. And we're likely to get even more skills like Deadeye in the future.

She also gets what is basically Draw Back for healers. They should've saved that for a demote staff unit. There have been many times I wished my healers could use Draw Back or Reposition, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice a unit as handy as Flayn for it.

Didn't expect this set of characters for the next TH banner. There are still many very popular students ahead of them and Catherine in particular is not really that popular, so I figured they'd hold off on them for at least one more banner before getting to them. Not complaining at all though, I like Seteth and Flayn and I'm glad both seem to be very unique units so I'll try to get them  even though Dheginsea ate my orbs.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

What do you mean? I don't see anything particularly telling in it?

Spoiler

If you look closely her ears are pointed, which is a clear hint at her true identity as a long lived Nabatean. 

Edited by Medeus

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

Well they finally put a flying healer in the general pool which is great!  I am happy Seteth is the demote and I probably will +10 him.  I will do only the free pulls though, since I am low on orbs.  Nemesis will be nice though I don't know what I will do with him. I hope he has good fodder.

Camilla is also a flying healer 🙂

1 hour ago, Namero said:

Reduces damage from foe's attacks during combat to allies within 2 spaces by 30%... WTF Am I reading that right?! lol

Looks like Flayn will be the prize on this banner. Pair her up with characters like Brave Ike, Legendary Corrin, or Brave Edeldard and watch as they become nigh immortal! lol I suspect Shinon will be in much higher demand now. And we're likely to get even more skills like Deadeye in the future.

She also gets what is basically Draw Back for healers. They should've saved that for a demote staff unit. There have been many times I wished my healers could use Draw Back or Reposition, but I wouldn't want to sacrifice a unit as handy as Flayn for it.

The returns are diminishing probably if you use it on a unit that has allready -% damage taken active. (not saying useless).

Well this wasn't a banner I expected to see...or actually I wasn't aware a banner was coming at all.  Seeing people like Catherine and Shamir in before some of the more popular students. Still its a good banner and i'm glad Seteth has his prf instead of being the generic lance flier. Perhaps he'll be my first blue +10

Also big props to Flayn for being a healer who isn't completely boring. She'll be my non Seteth pull.

I'd have expected Cyril on a servant banner, but I can see how he was left at home seeing how he isn't the most popular.

Edited by Sasori

Oh great. Another 6+ months before I get a new chance at Felix. 3+ before he might be on a seasonal, but I am not holding my breath for that.

I love the Church characters and was rooting for them to be added eventually, but... It's like Intsys took one look at CYL and decided to completely ignore the actual placing. Fhaerghus Four? Guess they are just three to Intsys.

I've been getting my hopes up almost every month and at this point I think he just isn't going to be added. At least not before the game dies. 

Sorry, I had to vent a bit. Gonna try for Flayn and maybe a copy of Seteth or two.

They aren't students so I don't feel too inadequate about not have a lot more orbs. So Catherine is like a stronger Fallen Mareeta, sucks that she doesn't have special acceleration. Weird how Seteth doesn't have cav effectiveness, but I think he'll be a merge project regardless. Flayn looks super annoying, has all the grossness for AR, only thing is people are probably going to give her Restore+. I don't know I might be tempted to actually try to +10 her over time. And finally Shamir, who also looks pretty annoying as well, powerful fire sweep bow for AR.

Nemesis being a GHB is cool. He might be my +10 sword unit since I wasn't too diligent with Itsuki over the year. I was thinking that Dimitri might be the Legendary this month, but I can see it also being Rhea. If it's Seiros then she would be a Mage? Since red is full IIRC.

1 hour ago, TeeGeeThree said:

Agreed, although this is not nearly the worst spoiler in FEH, *cough* Black Knight *cough*

Ninian & NIls tho

besides, Death Knight also released not long after the game released and his damage art is still spoilery. They never care about main game spoiler in this game.

Huh, this is awkward. I've pretty much soft-quit and have been doing nothing but 5-10 minutes of autobattles a day for the past week-and-a-half and wasn't planning to do any real summoning for the rest of the year at the very least. But if you asked me which units I most wanted to see added, then these are it (plus Flayn, who is neither here nor there for me). I've got like 30-40 orbs but if ever there was a banner to spark it'd be this one, so I might have to be a bit more active for a couple of weeks in order to do so.

I can't say I love the art (not that I dislike it either), or that I'm particularly interested in any of their skillsets, but I dunno, I do kinda feel a sort of obligation to at least spend the ~150 orbs to get my favourites purely for the sake of having at least one of them. Probably full circles until I get one Seteth then drop blue. If it comes to it (and it probably will), I'd take Cat over Shammy I guess, like I did in 3H proper.

I don't care if we have too many lance fliers. I am really happy about Seteth being a demote with a prf. I really like the character and he'll be a merge project for sure.

Also, Nemesis being a GHB is a surprise (perhaps a pleasant one). I thought he'd be mythic for sure.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Here we go, more 3H.

And it's church people. Neat.

First we have Catherine, who's a sword infantry with Thunderbrand (Spd +3, If Foe's HP is >49%, gets Atk/Spd +5, gives Null Followup and if unit initiates an double before opponent (Why is there no brave effect?)), DA, Swift Sparrow 3 and Lull Spd/Def. Next is Flayn, who's a flying staff (Huh.) with Caduceus Staff (OH MY PRF STAFF) (Deals normal damage, Reduces damage from foe's attacks for allies in two spaces by 30% (That's pretty disgusting)), Rescue+ (Heals by 50% of units Atk, then uses Drag Back. (OKAY that's neat and cheesy, though it won't give her Exp/SP)), Deluge Balm+ (gives allies Spd/Res +6), Dazzling Staff and Ground Orders. Next is Seteth , coming with Spear of Assal (Spd +3, if unit is in two spaces of an ally, gets Atk/Spd +4 and nullifies foe's bonuses to Atk/Spd. Gives allies Atk/Spd +4 in combat (Pretty good actually, but where's Cav effectiveness)), Swap, Brazen Atk/Spd 3 and Drive Atk 3 (Wait, is he a demote? OH SNAP (The nightmare has been slain)). Finally we have Shamir, who's a green bow with Survivalist Bow (SC -1, Flying effectiveness, if no ally next to her, she gets +6 Atk/Spd and if foe has > 79% HP foe cannot counter (Huh.)), Moonbow, Atk/Spd Solo 4, Null Followup and Rouse Atk/Spd 3 (Really, we never got it before?). And Oh my, is that Kiran. And what's he got there-

Oh no, he's going to attack us all.

Meanwhile Nemesis is a GHB, which is absolutely disappointing and which I blame on IS making all those OC mythics. At least he will get DCS.

I'm pretty hype for Seteth actually, he and Flayn's utterly disgusting skills would be nice to get.

I like Shamir a lot, but not enough to keep her if I get her. Seems like a good unit though, I like it. Shame she is green.

Flayn could see some use on Offense, but on Defense I can’t see it. Just kill her and then kill the tank. 

Offense seems like nice for B!Hector or Myrrh, but a dmg reduction is a tradeoff for guaranteed sols from B!Lucina. 

She’s a nice support unit though. 

Catherine is a nice option for whales that can compete vs Mareeta etc and other sword units, but she’s meh when not fully merged. 

First seasonal Dheginsea, now GHB Nemesis, these units really seem better suited as mythics. I don’t mind the OC’s, but I am feeling like these are questionable releases and hope we will get them as Mythics later as well.

36 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Offense seems like nice for B!Hector or Myrrh, but a dmg reduction is a tradeoff for guaranteed sols from B!Lucina. 

She is perfect for Myrrh, since Lucina's Geirskögul doesn't work with dragons.

The player can keep her Rescue assist, or change it to Physics to keep the distance of 2 spaces. Then add some Ward or Goad fliers in the C slot and maybe a Drive or Close/Distant Guard as seal.

Myrrh is getting some new tools these days, which is nice.

I expected and hoped this kind of banner. If Three Houses, then people from the church. Hoped for that reason to skip it since I have to save orbs for the rerun of Annette and Lysithea. I don't care for the church in general (the reason I never played / will play this route) aside of Seteth because he's a cool guy. But he's the demote of the most unappealing class for me. I still can get him later. Flayn looks interesting, so my tickets will go for her. Technically Catherine should be the most appealing one for me because of her voiceactor, but jokes aside, I have no needs for anymore infantry sword users. Larcei and Mareeta are more than a match for her. Shamir is a coloured bow user, so automatically a pass for me regardless how good she is.

Nemesis is just a bandit boss according to the game itself, so a GHB seems appropriate.

😛

As much as I've complained about saturation of the same old classes, Seteth is the first lance flier of this BST generation so he sort of gets a pass. And Cathy is the first sword infantry of this generation too so there's that I guess.

Solid. I was expecting more students, but this is even more interesting.

Flayn looks like the real prize here, I'll definitely pick her up. Catherine and Shamir are powerful but not particularly exciting for me. Seteth looks solid for a demote, we haven't gotten one with a prf in a while. I might merge him, but that's getting to be a lot of lance fliers I want to merge. Nemesis should have the same BST as Ena but way cheaper and with a prf, so he should be the new best grail unit for Arena scoring. Definitely going to consider merging him.

28 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

She is perfect for Myrrh, since Lucina's Geirskögul doesn't work with dragons.

The player can keep her Rescue assist, or change it to Physics to keep the distance of 2 spaces. Then add some Ward or Goad fliers in the C slot and maybe a Drive or Close/Distant Guard as seal.

Myrrh is getting some new tools these days, which is nice.

I meant that Flayn is a sidegrade for some units like B!Ike, but is an absolute upgrade for units like Myrrh.  I really like it. Myrrh with auto follow up, follow up denial and complete NFU when having dragons ire is amazing. She has stats boosts in her weapon and now she can have a ward stacking support that gives Dmg reduction. She’s a beast.

i like that supports are becoming more diverse. It really helps shape the meta. Temari Tethys/Lachesis, Flayn, M!Corrin, B!Lucina, certain duo heroes like BB!Micaiah. It’s great imo. 

I’ll try for Shamir, since I don’t think I need Flayn. I would like that fodder though. 

Edit: I also expect more skills like deadeye to pop up, Dmg Reduc is the hot thing now so more skills that cancel that will surely pop up. 

Just like hoe we are still getting penalty negation weapons and buff nullification weapons.

Edited by Vicious Sal

For those commenting on Catherine's weapon not being a proper Brave weapon, note that Mareeta's two prfs were also Brave weapons in FE5. Fallen Mareeta handled it the same way as Catherine, by giving her a pseudo-Brave function in the form of a Desperation-like effect plus NFU, while regular Mareeta just... ignored it. Catherine has her NFU effect built into her weapon rather than having it as a separate skill like Fallen Mareeta, so she's arguably the most faithful of the three to the effect.

Edited by Othin

If I did the math right...

• A Close Call/Repel/Spurn unit (or Brave Dimitri) with the max 40% damage reduction, plus Flayn's support, will have a ~58% damage reduction in the first hit.
  • A Guard Bearing unit (or the 2020's dancers weapons that have damage reduction) with Flayn Support, will have ~65% of damage reduction in the first hit.
  • A Brave Ike with Close Call/Repel/Spurn, plus Flayn support, will have ~74% of damage reduction in the first hit (then 80% in the 2nd hit).

The thing is... I believe Flayn's support stack with another Flayn... so... yeesh!

Edited by Diovani Bressan