New Heroes: Goddess's Servants

NSSKG151

49 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

If I did the math right...

• A Close Call/Repel/Spurn unit (or Brave Dimitri) with the max 40% damage reduction, plus Flayn's support, will have a ~58% damage reduction in the first hit.
  • A Guard Bearing unit (or the 2020's dancers weapons that have damage reduction) with Flayn Support, will have ~65% of damage reduction in the first hit.
  • A Brave Ike with Close Call/Repel/Spurn, plus Flayn support, will have ~74% of damage reduction in the first hit (then 80% in the 2nd hit).

The thing is... I believe Flayn's support stack with another Flayn... so... yeesh!

The first three are accurate. Brave Ike with a full 40% Evasion plus 30% from Flayn and 80% from the second hit will have 91.6% damage reduction. 

And yeah, two Flayns should stack to 51%.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

The first three are accurate. Brave Ike with a full 40% Evasion plus 30% from Flayn and 80% from the second hit will have 91.6% damage reduction. 

And yeah, two Flayns should stack to 51%.

Oh right, I forgot to include Close Call's 40% reduction in the 2nd hit.

I don't care about anyone here except flayn from a gameplay perspective. I have Mareeta and Larcei as PP swords, I don't need Seteth, and Shamir is typical whalebait, Shinon with Deadeye is more than enough for most cases. Flayn will be competing with Camila as a flying healer however, Camilla is offensive (AR defence) oriented and Flayn is for super tank strategies. Looking forward to using her with F.Ike, B.Edelgard and Hector and most importantly dragons. They can finally have damage reduction in some form. Perhaps I can go for her however, I still haven't pulled a singe 5* from the Halloween banner though. 

The true star for me is definitely Nemesis, bumbed that after Dheginsea another mythic candidate loses that status (most likely to make room for more OCs) however I still like him. He is an infantry sword which means 180 BST, hopefully they don't pull more 176 BST shenanigans just to make flowers more appealing (similar to how Ena was handled). I really want him to be unique like Brunnya for example as in 2020 being a ball of stats doesn't make you crazy (as Dheginsea showcased), a personal skill would also be nice but that's wishful thinking. He does seem like a better merge project though as unlike Ena he has a personal weapon that will hopefully be good and doesn't face effective damage. 

24 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

I don't care about anyone here except flayn from a gameplay perspective. I have Mareeta and Larcei as PP swords, I don't need Seteth, and Shamir is typical whalebait, Shinon with Deadeye is more than enough for most cases. Flayn will be competing with Camila as a flying healer however, Camilla is offensive (AR defence) oriented and Flayn is for super tank strategies. Looking forward to using her with F.Ike, B.Edelgard and Hector and most importantly dragons. They can finally have damage reduction in some form. Perhaps I can go for her however, I still haven't pulled a singe 5* from the Halloween banner though. 

The true star for me is definitely Nemesis, bumbed that after Dheginsea another mythic candidate loses that status (most likely to make room for more OCs) however I still like him. He is an infantry sword which means 180 BST, hopefully they don't pull more 176 BST shenanigans just to make flowers more appealing (similar to how Ena was handled). I really want him to be unique like Brunnya for example as in 2020 being a ball of stats doesn't make you crazy (as Dheginsea showcased), a personal skill would also be nice but that's wishful thinking. He does seem like a better merge project though as unlike Ena he has a personal weapon that will hopefully be good and doesn't face effective damage. 

Yeah, Catherine and Shamir seem pretty repetitive. I don't know how many takes we're going to get on "delete whatever you attack", but personally, I think it's getting a bit boring.

10 hours ago, Xenomata said:

~When was the last time we had a raw Firesweep prf? Shamir looks like she'll do good, with the exception of that color to work around, but we've not had a proper Firesweep weapon introduced in what feels like a real long time...

There are only three prfs with an unconditional Firesweep effect: CYL Camilla's Sanngridr, Roderick's Steady Lance, and CYL Veronica's Hlidskjalf. Of those three, only Roderick's Steady Lance is a pure Firesweep prf in that it prevents both the user and foe from being able to counterattack. As it was introduced through a weapon update, excluding Steady Lance means that no pure Firesweep prf has been immediately introduced into the game. The closest prf weapons would be Clarisse's unique refined Sniper's Bow, Leila's Constant Dagger, Eleonora's Mirage Longbow, and Shamir's Survivalist Bow where their Firesweep effects have some condition; Clarisse and Leila need to be within 2 spaces of their support partner, Eleonora needs to pass a speed check, and Shamir needs to not be adjacent to allies and to fight foes whose HP is >= 80% if I understand the description correctly.

6 hours ago, LoneStar said:

So Catherine is like a stronger Fallen Mareeta, sucks that she doesn't have special acceleration.

Kind of? Her base neutral speed is probably at worst, on par with fallen Mareeta's 41 base neutral speed. Draconic Aura boosted Catherine's damage by 19, so she has at least 64 total attack and at most 66 total attack as 64 * 0.3 = 19.2 and 66 * 0.3 = 19.8. With 64 total attack, she would have 37 base neutral attack which already exceed fallen Mareeta's 33 and regular Mareeta's 35; 64 - 16 Mt - 5 (Thunderbrand's effect) - 6 (Swift Sparrow 3) = 37. With 66 total attack, she would have 39 base neutral attack which is 1 point higher than CYL Alm's and Shanna's 38 base neutral attack. Regardless, she would beat fallen Mareeta in attack and probably at worst match her base neutral speed.

The thing is that their Desperation effects are opposites; Catherine needs to fight foes with HP >= 50% while fallen Mareeta needs to maintain her own HP to be >= 50%. Both need to initiate, but I feel like maintaining your own HP is easier than maintaining a foe's HP even if that's a pretty lenient range compared to = 100% which is the absolute worst or >= +70% like that of Dark Spikes T or Survivalist Bow. Catherine trades a Killer effect for Spd+3, Atk/Spd+5 when her foe's HP is >= 50%, and partial Null Follow-Up since it only "neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks" which doesn't really matter since as neutralizing their foe's guaranteed follow-up effects would help prevent them from dying or taking too much damage from counterattacks, but Catherine and fallen Mareeta are both player phase units. Thunderbrand essentially provides Catherine with one A passive (Atk/Spd+5) and two B passives (Desperation and partial Null Follow-Up when foe's HP) which frees up her B passive for whatever to which she has Lull Spd/Def by default and Special Spiral could be pretty neat on her, but once again, they're all tied to needing to fight foes with HP >= 50%.

Catherine is the better nuking unit while fallen Mareeta is better at Galeforce with Shadow Sword's Killer effect. Granted, both of them can run Time's Pulse, so Catherine can do the same thing as fallen Mareeta and fallen Mareeta can further lower her cooldown's special.

For my own thoughts, Flayn is the priority since she's a flying healer and has the fifth prf staff in the game after Loki's Thokk where Loki was introduced as a summonable unit after CYL Veronica, CYL Veronica's Hlidskjalf, bride Fjorm's Gjallarbru, CYL Camilla's Sanngridr. Following her, Shamir who is the second green infantry archer and I guess Catherine since Seteth is the demote.

Even though his default kit is nothing special, the fact that he has the Spear of Assal and it being a Three Houses banner where everyone has a prf weapon, I though that nobody would be demoted. Except, he did, and as expected from the guesses of him being another shafted male lance flier. Spear of Assal is interesting if hilarious. Getting the minor thing out of the way is that some people pointed out how it doesn't have effective damage against cavalry which itself is apparently omitted from its description in Three Houses, so it would be funny if it actually does have effective damage against cavalry in Heroes, but was not written in the description as an easter egg I guess. The weapon itself powercreeps Camilla's Axe badly, partially for Oscar's Loyal Greatlance, and makes Ranulf's Covert Cat Fang look even worse after CYL Lucina's Geirskogul and CYL Veronica's Hlidskjalf became available for refining.

Spear of Assal's effects are: "Grants Spd+3. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Spd+4 to unit during combat and neutralizes foe's bonuses to Atk/Spd (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat. Grants Atk/Spd+4 to allies within 2 spaces of during combat."

Unique refined Camilla's Axe's effects are: "If unit is within 2 spaces of a cavalry or flying ally, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat. [Unique] Grants Atk/Spd+3 to cavalry and flying allies within 2 spaces during combat."

Unique refined Loyal Greatlance's effects are: "Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1). [Unique] Grants Atk/Spd+3 to infantry and cavalry allies within 2 spaces during combat. If unit is within 2 spaces of an infantry or cavalry ally, grants Atk/Spd+3 during combat."

In addition to neutralizing Atk/Spd field buffs, Spear of Assal grants Seteth the same Atk/Spd boost as Camilla gets, but from all allies instead of only cavalry or flying allies. It also grants 1 more Atk/Spd to all allies instead of only two movement types unlike Camilla's Axe or Loyal Greatlance. At least with Loyal Greatlance, Oscar has a Killer effect. Can't say the same for Camilla where she is an axe flier with decent mixed defenses, so she won't compete much with Seteth being a lance flier, but as a support unit, not as flexible as him and probably even slower than him if he were to have the same base neutral speed as her because of Spear of Assal's Spd+3 which Camilla cannot choose a speed refine and also have the unique refinement as well.

Ranulf's Covert Fang's main effect is: "If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Def+3 to unit and allies within 2 spaces of unit during combat." Ranulf simply doesn't get Atk/Def or any stats in combat from being within 2 spaces of his allies like Camilla, Oscar, and Seteth do. At least it grants stat boosts to all allies unlike Camilla's Axe, Loyal Greatlance, and unrefined Geirskogul.

Spear of Assal's closest comparison is F!Morgan's unique refined Father's Tactics: "At start of combat, if unit's Res > foe's Res, grants Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 during combat. [Unique] Grants Atk/Spd+3 to allies within 2 spaces during combat. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Spd+3 to unit during combat."

Like the other weapons, unique refined Father's Tactics grants a weaker stat boost, 1 less Atk/Spd, to F!Morgan and her allies compared to Spear of Assal, but it still works with all allies instead of only select allies. Instead of having Spd+3 -- which now that I thought about it, no new weapon outside of the edge cases of the fast Brave prfs given to a unit through a weapon update has gotten which is understandable because of the ability to refine immediately refine them, but still sucks when newer weapons with a flat stat boost can be refined like was first shown through the CYL1 heroes' with the 3.9.0 update and then with Lute following in the 3.10.0 update -- or neutralizing her foe's Atk/Spd field buffs, F!Morgan has a resistance check effect that grants her Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 if she passes.

To sum, Seteth is a really good demote with the support he can provide. Camilla and Oscar were the older units who have similar Drive effects, but as noted, they only get stat boosts from and buff select allies whereas Seteth works with all allies. There is also Jorge who provides Atk+5 to allies within 2 spaces of him and inflicts Atk-5 on foes within 2 spaces of him, but he is a grail unit whereas Seteth is summonable, albeit, a new summonable unit. The previous regular summoning pool demote of regular Ilyana was also good in that she ties with brainwashed Julia for the highest base neutral resistance of all mages, has the second-highest base neutral resistance of all units, has the second-highest base neutral attack of all blue mages under legendary Julia, fourth-highest for all mages. And then there was joker Xane who with Seteth following, means we had two consecutive demotes with prfs. Granted, joker Xane is a seasonal unit to Seteth's regular.

Nemesis being the GHB unit is weird. I figured he would be a legendary or even a mythic hero and it doesn't look like his normal self, so this one feels like it should be a fallen alt which I guess he could be considered one, but a very early one. Jeralt or some random character from Three Houses that I don't know about I figured would have made it in before him because of his status in the game as a historical figure which would point to him, as mentioned already, being a legendary or mythic hero. I'm guessing Nemesis will be a sword infantry, but I think it would be nice if he were an armor since sword armors to this day have not had a demote in the regular or even seasonal summoning pool which leaves our only option being Draug for a 3* to 4* summonable armor and Arden, the Black Knight, and Zephiel for grail shop sword armors. With how high current BST is, he could have enough stat points for his resistance to be decent and grant us a sword armor with higher than Zephiel's 24 base neutral resistance or at worst, match his.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm glad Nemesis is a GHB over a Mythic. Legendary/Mythic banners have the worst unit sniping rates and are frankly the most inaccessible units to obtain, let alone merge, outside of Seasonals that aren't being reran. Whereas GHB units are very available merge projects.

Perhaps that's just my bias as a dolphin speaking. But I'm personally glad that OCs are being relegated to the unobtainable Legendary/Mythic land where I can forget about them, while regular characters are showing up as banner and GHB units.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

bumbed that after Dheginsea another mythic candidate loses that status (most likely to make room for more OCs)

I have no idea how this train of thought works. It's like thinking mage knight Eirika having Gleipnir, Lilina being given Forblaze, or CYL Ike having Urvan means the fates of Athos, Greil, and whoever "deserves" Gleipnir are sealed where they have no reason to show up or that if they were to show up, they won't have the weapon they are associated with. Well, we did get variations of weapons with Blazing Durandal I believe being the first and nobody knows if they will pull off another Linus and give, say, regular Greil Urvan because it is going to be hard to make a variation of Urvan that going to match its performance in Heroes let alone surpass it for its user as an Ardent Durandal situation would result in a different weapon and role for Greil entirely. The funny thing with Basilikos is that it went to two different characters than its original wielder Brendan, Linus's father, who has yet to make an appearance, but I digress.

People know Triandra, Freyja, and Freyr will be mythics, but it would be foolish of them to write off Dheginsea, Nemesis, or whoever just because they debuted as non-mythic units with how few mythic candidates there are to begin with. Dheginsea and Nemesis are actually characters who can be considered a mythic alongside Anankos, Ashera, Ashunera, Fomortiis, Medeus, Seiros, and whoever else remaining, but after them, they would have to start digging into the obscure trenches where they might get lucky and people will be thrilled about them like with Altina or surprised like with Bramimond and possibly in the future, Durban and Soan. Otherwise, who's waiting for basically no art and no description, only heard about in stories Hanon, Harmut, Hezul, and Moro?

This reminds me of the "took a character's slot" shit that goes around in Smash and probably other fighting games. There were never any slots and your beloved character was never considered in the first place or decided against after seeing how much work would need to be done with entire game.

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

in 2020 being a ball of stats doesn't make you crazy (as Dheginsea showcased)

Halloween Dheginsea doesn't have a prf breath. He introduced another seasonal breath which while fun to play with isn't insane like if it were an inheritable -blade breath, Broadleaf breath, or Lightning Breath++ without its special cooldown penalty and would have been great if it were in the regular summoning pool because there's only so much you can do with Lightning Breath and the others. Stat-wise, he's just another slow, tanky armor. Not much going for him other than you can get Sturdy Stance 3 and Slick Fighter 3 from him for an armor if you inherit Sturdy Stance 2 from a 4* Altena, 4* Halloween Dorcas, or legendary Ephraim.

Edited by Kaden

FLAAAAYN! AAAH I CAN'T 

Plus, she's a staff flyer with a prf, this is perfect... She's exactly what I hoped a pre-timeskip Marianne would be (not complaining here, we'll get Marianne and Felix eventually).

Too bad school's stopped me from consistently playing FEH, and I'd have to choose between Flayn and Bridal Micaiah. Still, her staff's effect is really interesting, can't wait to put her on my Brave Edelgard team and watch them go. Everyone else is honestly an easy skip, though, as they all have niches that are already fulfilled, but glad to see that Flayn is breaking the mold a little. 

I feel like I should've seen the church banner coming. XD Anyway, YAY!!! Seteth is the demote! That means I can skip this banner for now and just collect him on regular summons later. ^_^ I am LOVEING his and Flayn's weapons, too! They gel so well with Dancing Rinea's tome! I wonder if either are inheritable... Probably not. Ah, and I was so happy to see Seteth with the Spear of Assal! The quotes were great, too. Non-spoilersy and perfectly in-line with them. I love the subtlety.

These definitely look some some extremely solid units! Very glad to see Flayn and Seteth join the game!

I think Shamir is definitely gonna be the strongest unit to pull for on this banner, if her skills are anything to go by.

Pretty solid banner. Not gonna lie, the best thing about this is that it proved the pessimists wrong. 

"Oh, they probably won't give Seteth the spear of Assal", "oh they won't give us any faculty members until they finish the students" so many naysayers and disillusioned people. Glad to see Seteth and Shamir in particular made so many people happy.

Also yet another enemy added with Nemesis, so all is good with the world.

27 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I feel like I should've seen the church banner coming. XD Anyway, YAY!!! Seteth is the demote! That means I can skip this banner for now and just collect him on regular summons later. ^_^ I am LOVEING his and Flayn's weapons, too! They gel so well with Dancing Rinea's tome! I wonder if either are inheritable... Probably not. Ah, and I was so happy to see Seteth with the Spear of Assal! The quotes were great, too. Non-spoilersy and perfectly in-line with them. I love the subtlety.

Their weapons don't have a +, so they aren't inheritable.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

Their weapons don't have a +, so they aren't inheritable.

Oh well. Guess I'll just have to make another flier team. Maybe that'll be my Fodlan team (I like matching movement types and game origins.) Seteth, Flayn, some blue tome flier with Rhea's goblet since I think that's inheritable... Uhh it's a bit blue-heavy... Hmm looks like I can't do color balance with this one, so I'll need to choose between a red or green flier... One of these guys should be a dancer, too... *plan plan*

@Mercakete Got a Brave Claude ready? He’d also synergize really well with both Flayn and Seteth (Seteth buffs, Flayn heals and makes him an even better tank). Also, I don’t think there are any green fliers from Fodlan at the moment, but you could go with Summer Byleth for your red slot if you have her. 

17 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Rhea's goblet

Do you mean Rinea’s goblet? If so... yeah, I don’t think Fodlan has any blue mage fliers either yet (only a matter of time before Marianne or Constance presumably fills that slot). Also, the only Fodlan dancer right now is Summer Dorothea.

Wow, we really don’t have many Three Houses characters, do we?

Ooh, these are pretty!  So very glad these dears got love - I'm not concerned about Felix/Marianne as IS knows they'd be leaving money on the table by rushing all the popular characters early. Probably not going to spend any orbs here, tho a welcome surprise if any falls into my lap (eying Catherine to round out my 3H squad). Rather glad I've also been eying Shinon as a +10 build to handidly wave away any future AR-O Flayn trouble. >:)

can't believe i'm saying this but i'm over here eying that Summoner more lol.

Pretty fodder heavy banner! Flayn though...

RIP Altena (who's still 4-5* rather than 3-4*) -- Seteth be coming in with better BST and a more supportive Prf weapon for Arena modes.

Catherine looking to be spicy fodder -- Swift Sparrow 3 + Lull Spd/Def.

Shamir looking like an impossible dream for players planning on building Brunnya -- Atk/Spd Solo 4 and NFU. Pity that Solo skills in general are still premium even though they've been in the game for 2 years now.

Flayn's easily the most interesting -- DR Prf staff, Ground Orders, Draw Back as a heal assist. I wonder if Rescue could still be used if the heal target's HP is still full.

Nemesis as the GHB... wonder what are they going to do with Dark Creator Sword; the original Creator Sword is or at least was a pretty crazy Prf weapon.

In other news, Kiran is a stock isekai harem protagonist.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Unpopular opinion, but I'm glad Nemesis is a GHB over a Mythic. Legendary/Mythic banners have the worst unit sniping rates and are frankly the most inaccessible units to obtain, let alone merge, outside of Seasonals that aren't being reran. Whereas GHB units are very available merge projects.

Perhaps that's just my bias as a dolphin speaking. But I'm personally glad that OCs are being relegated to the unobtainable Legendary/Mythic land where I can forget about them, while regular characters are showing up as banner and GHB units.

But then you're forced to run OCs in Aether Raids if you want to do well in AR. 

29 minutes ago, Icelerate said:

Not necessarily. You can use Altina+Naga for Astra, and any two of Yune/Sothis/Bramimond for Dark. Light and Anima each only have one non-OC mythic so far, but 2x Mila and 2x Duma are perfectly reasonable.

The fairies are particularly strong mythics, so you do lose out on some power that way, but that's more a consequence of them existing at all than of the overall ratio.

7 hours ago, Kaden said:

Catherine is the better nuking unit while fallen Mareeta is better at Galeforce with Shadow Sword's Killer effect. Granted, both of them can run Time's Pulse, so Catherine can do the same thing as fallen Mareeta and fallen Mareeta can further lower her cooldown's special.

I forgot about Time's Pulse. I was saying she's stronger damage output wise, but yeah she can still run a Galeforce set.

4 hours ago, Icelerate said:

You're not restricted at all in who you deploy, unlike Resonant battles.

Without Mythics, you can easily reach tier 17 or so. Reaching up to tier 21 may be possible if you don't lose any lift from being attacked, but Mythics give you a lot more margin. In any case, the non-OC mythics would be more than enough for that. Maintaining your tier is easy even without Mythics. I would classify that as doing well.

If you want to "win", reach the highest tier, you do need to use Mythics, and likely OCs. But in any competitive scene, the units that give you the best chance of winning aren't necessarily the units you like.