New Heroes: Goddess's Servants

NSSKG151

6 hours ago, SirErrant said:

@Mercakete Got a Brave Claude ready? He’d also synergize really well with both Flayn and Seteth (Seteth buffs, Flayn heals and makes him an even better tank). Also, I don’t think there are any green fliers from Fodlan at the moment, but you could go with Summer Byleth for your red slot if you have her. 

Do you mean Rinea’s goblet? If so... yeah, I don’t think Fodlan has any blue mage fliers either yet (only a matter of time before Marianne or Constance presumably fills that slot). Also, the only Fodlan dancer right now is Summer Dorothea.

Wow, we really don’t have many Three Houses characters, do we?

Did...I seriously say Rhea? XD Whoops! Yes, Rinea.

As for 3H fliers, yeah, I'm planning this in advance for when more release. My plans always move really slowly, so new characters are always a factor. ^_^ I don't have Brave Claude, Summer Dorothea, or Summer Byleth, but I would probably not use Summer Byleth anyway for 2 reasons: 1, I don't like Rhea. 2, they kind of make me uncomfortable. Something about the art and the weapons, I think... Not really sure what it is. Anyway, I'm mostly waiting for the missing bits in this plan to get released. Between characters not yet in Heroes and various alts, it's probably only a matter of time before the missing pieces fall into place. ^_^ Thanks for all the advice, though! I'd honestly forgotten about those guys.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

You're not restricted at all in who you deploy, unlike Resonant battles.

Without Mythics, you can easily reach tier 17 or so. Reaching up to tier 21 may be possible if you don't lose any lift from being attacked, but Mythics give you a lot more margin. In any case, the non-OC mythics would be more than enough for that. Maintaining your tier is easy even without Mythics. I would classify that as doing well.

If you want to "win", reach the highest tier, you do need to use Mythics, and likely OCs. But in any competitive scene, the units that give you the best chance of winning aren't necessarily the units you like.

Without mythics, you can get a maximum of 1,600 offense lift over the course of a week. That's the exact threshold to get from T20 to T21, so yeah, you'd need perfect scores on both offense and defense, but it's barely possible.

If you get seven -80 matches on defense, that's 560 lift lost, which turns a perfect offense score into an overall score of 1,040. That's enough to cross the T18 > T19 threshold of 1,000. T19 > T20 requires 1,200 lift, so you can do that with no mythics if you get a perfect offense score and save 160 points on defense. Trickier, but could be doable.

Of course, all elements have at least one non-OC mythic. If you run a single +0 offense mythic, that brings your maximum score up to 2,240. So even if you lose 560 defense lift, that's still a total of 1,680, enough to get to T21 with a bit of leeway.

18 hours ago, Icelerate said:

But then you're forced to run OCs in Aether Raids if you want to do well in AR. 

Like @Othin said, we have non-OC Mythics. It's still possible to reach high tiers and ranks by using them.

Light only has Mila as option, and you will need to use the 3rd slot if you want a dancer, but Mila is pretty nice as a support. Astra only got a OC mythic last most, and we have been doing well without one so far.

I don't use Hel in Dark so that doesn't affect me, but I can see Anima defense being affected since the only non-OC Mythic there is Duma and Thrasir is very good. Double Dumas is not bad, though... just need to use a team that works with that. Kronya in AR-D, maybe?

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Like @Othin said, we have non-OC Mythics. It's still possible to reach high tiers and ranks by using them.

Light only has Mila as option, and you will need to use the 3rd slot if you want a dancer, but Mila is pretty nice as a support. Astra only got a OC mythic last most, and we have been doing well without one so far.

I don't use Hel in Dark so that doesn't affect me, but I can see Anima defense being affected since the only non-OC Mythic there is Duma and Thrasir is very good. Double Dumas is not bad, though... just need to use a team that works with that. Kronya in AR-D, maybe?

Even if you can't get kills with double Dumas, you can still lower the defense lift loss to 40. With seven -40 defense matches and a perfect offense score with two unmerged mythics, you can get a net of 2280 points, which is enough for T26 with points to spare.

Perfect offense on Astra without Plumeria is tricky, but doable. I've never tried running double Mila since I only have one copy of her, but double Isolation seems very strong, so it's something I'd love to try if I ever get the chance.

Edited by Othin

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

I've never tried running double Mila since I only have one copy of her, but double Isolation seems very strong, so it's something I'd love to try if I ever get the chance.

Yeah. Double isolation can be very good, and with Double Mila is also +4 to all stats during combat (not against Bramimond), which can help as well.

You can also run two different Sabotage skills in this team and still be able to isolate any Harsh Command+ or Restore+ foe.

57 minutes ago, Othin said:

Perfect offense on Astra without Plumeria is tricky, but doable.

It is tricky, especially if you rely on just one team. I used double Altinas, double AMH!Hectors, and Kronya to get to Tier 26, but I would not call it consistent since it is down to luck a lot. A lot of times I just get unlucky and face a ton of units and structures that shuts down Kronya, so I generally hit somewhere around Tier 24 and Tier 25. Sometimes it can get pretty bad so I only hit Tier 22 or 23.

Now with triple Plumerias, BH!Ike, and BH!Lucina, it makes Astra so much easier. It is like night and day in terms of effort.

Edited by XRay

30 minutes ago, XRay said:

It is tricky, especially if you rely on just one team. I used double Altinas, double AMH!Hectors, and Kronya to get to Tier 26, but I would not call it consistent since it is down to luck a lot. A lot of times I just get unlucky and face a ton of units and structures that shuts down Kronya, so I generally hit somewhere around Tier 24 and Tier 25. Sometimes it can get pretty bad so I only hit Tier 22 or 23.

Now with triple Plumerias, BH!Ike, and BH!Lucina, it makes Astra so much easier. It is like night and day in terms of effort.

I spent a few months mostly using Altina, Naga, Fallen Lyon, and Bride Fjorm, plus a bonus unit. It wasn't particularly consistent either, but it was enough for a few gold thrones, and I frequently got to at least T26. I always set up alternate teams (particularly water seasons, for Legendary Leif), but didn't use them most of the time because Lyon and Fjorm are so much better.

Of course, Fjorm is another OC, and a pretty important one. Doing well in Astra without using either Plumeria or Bride Fjorm seems a lot more difficult.

Not using a bonus unit also means less leeway, since it's basically equivalent to getting one extra death in every offense battle. With two unmerged mythics, no bonus unit means a max offense score of 2240 rather than 2560, and 2240 isn't enough for T27 even without any points lost on defense. Two +10 mythics and no bonus unit brings the max offense score back up to 2560, which can hit T27, but with less room for error than two +10 mythics and a bonus unit, which has a max offense score of 2880.

Edited by Othin

37 minutes ago, Othin said:

I spent a few months mostly using Altina, Naga, Fallen Lyon, and Bride Fjorm, plus a bonus unit. It wasn't particularly consistent either, but it was enough for a few gold thrones, and I frequently got to at least T26. I always set up alternate teams (particularly water seasons, for Legendary Leif), but didn't use them most of the time because Lyon and Fjorm are so much better.

Of course, Fjorm is another OC, and a pretty important one. Doing well in Astra without using either Plumeria or Bride Fjorm seems a lot more difficult.

Not using a bonus unit also means less leeway, since it's basically equivalent to getting one extra death in every offense battle. With two unmerged mythics, no bonus unit means a max offense score of 2240 rather than 2560, and 2240 isn't enough for T27 even without any points lost on defense. Two +10 mythics and no bonus unit brings the max offense score back up to 2560, which can hit T27, but with less room for error than two +10 mythics and a bonus unit, which has a max offense score of 2880.

Though Astra before Plumeria was a lot harder with only Naga and Altina, it was still not that hard for me. I frequently got T27, though lack of merged mythic often meant rank 700 - 1500, so I got gold thrones mostly when my defense was hit badly.  

I use/used Brunnya with remark Tethys, Kronya with H!Hector, a hit and run team consisting of B!Lyn and leanne, an anti carline team of Micaiah and F!Lyon and a Tanking team at the time of B!Ike, but he's light season now.  

I wouldn't really try and reason with Xray on bonus units since he refuses to use them even though an Askr bonus unit with Panic ploy, smite and a link skill (and IP in the C if available) is often a great support unit and provides more than stuff like H!Hector. Kronya only needs one H!Hector if at all and every map that has countermeasures against her you pick a different team for. I don't really get why'd you spend a large amount orbs for 3 plumeria's and a second B!Ike just to rank just as highly as before, which is still not T27.

Considering this banner has 3 of my favorite 3H characters and one (Flayn) that I still like quite a bit, I'm weirdly unenthused about it. I'll probably wait for the next banner trailer and then decide if I want to blow the orbs to spark someone on here or fail to chase one of the legendary heroes I haven't gotten and actually care about (Eliwood > Leif > Julia > Chrom > Alm).

Catherine seems good for what she is, but what she is isn't all that interesting.

Really not feeling Shamir's art. It feels like they cutesied her up. As a unit, she's another PP bow. At least Claude and especially Shinon had the potential to be dual phase to set them apart a little.

Flayn looks really good, but eh. I don't actively participate in any mode that really necessitates damage reduction, so at most she'd help with some of the LegHBs.

Seteth is probably the banner unit I'm most excited for. 4* with a decent prf looks fun. I'm curious what his stats are. He seems like he's going to lean PP, but if he's got a decent mixed phase statline, I might make him my lance flier merge project over Heath, especially considering the last new character.

Nemesis is definitely the highlight for me. His art looks amazing and that he has a prf is great. I'm really hopeful he's pretty solid, like Ashnard or Petrine were. If he is, he'll definitely be a priority for merge projects. It seems like he'll be a bulkier sword which is a little bit of a shame as I have a spare F!Kris to fodder off Spurn and Fury 4 to someone. Currently Echidna and Rutger are looking like the best options, but I was hoping a really solid F2P character would come along. That said, not a knock against Nemesis at all, just not exactly what I was hoping for at the moment. I'll definitely be getting all 3 copies and training him just from how awesome he looks. And if he's fairly decent, probably +2 him.

Edited by bottlegnomes

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Though Astra before Plumeria was a lot harder with only Naga and Altina, it was still not that hard for me. I frequently got T27, though lack of merged mythic often meant rank 700 - 1500, so I got gold thrones mostly when my defense was hit badly.  

I use/used Brunnya with remark Tethys, Kronya with H!Hector, a hit and run team consisting of B!Lyn and leanne, an anti carline team of Micaiah and F!Lyon and a Tanking team at the time of B!Ike, but he's light season now.  

I wouldn't really try and reason with Xray on bonus units since he refuses to use them even though an Askr bonus unit with Panic ploy, smite and a link skill (and IP in the C if available) is often a great support unit and provides more than stuff like H!Hector. Kronya only needs one H!Hector if at all and every map that has countermeasures against her you pick a different team for. I don't really get why'd you spend a large amount orbs for 3 plumeria's and a second B!Ike just to rank just as highly as before, which is still not T27.

Huh, I should try setting up my Askr units for AR. I keep forgetting to think of them as actual options, but it could save a lot of blessings compared to constantly blessing new units.

Considering how well I'm able to do in AR with very limited resources, I also don't see much point in investing heavily in AR only to still not get high scores.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

I can get into Tiet 26 with Kronya, but that does not mean I can do it consistently, and a lot of times I just get Tier 24 or 25, and that is with constant practice with Kronya every single day non stop, even during Light Season, just so I do not get rusty. I sometimes need to do a few warmups just to clear my mind and get in the zone. It required full mental concentration and it was extremely draining. Once I got my Light team set up with BH!Ike, my performance in Astra dropped like a rock and I reached Tier 26 on Astra maybe a handful of times with Kronya after I used BH!Ike for Light.

Not everyone has the same strategic skill level for Aether Raids, and I do not think it is worth it to run a bonus unit that compromises my ability to win consistently. Once Kronya falls, the rest of the team is more likely to lose than win, and I cannot waste a team slot for a Smite/Reposition bot when Altina can already do that and do it better as a flier. Panic also does not help Kronya much if the opponent is not using bonus buffs, and I do run that on AMH!Hector, and it does not even make a difference for most weeks. Having a second AMH!Hector means I can deal more and wider area of damage, and I do not have to rely on Bolt Tower (O) as much, so that means I can start aggroing the defense team sooner and I get to keep my backrow more open in case I need space to retreat to.

And building a second scoring Astra team is not easy either. Naga was shit, so the only other option was Altina, and the only team comp that can fully make use of Altina that I can find is a Galeforce team, and I am still waiting for more Velouria copies.

BH!Ike with triple Plumetia is basically end turn and win; the effort required to win is practically zero. Kronya used to be easy too when I first built her up, but she became harder and harder to use over time since Hardy Bearing and Firesweep are abundant and cheap and Structures (D) got higher levels. Getting into Tier 25 or 26 consistently and do it without turning on my brain is a massive improvement. I am primarily a player phase player at heart, and if I can use BH!Ike without any effort, almost anyone can use BH!Ike without effort too. Checking defense skill sets, planning a few steps ahead, doing calculations, etc. are all stuff that you do not have to even think about when using BH!Ike, BH!Lucina, and triple Spd Mythics. BH!Ike might fall once a month to a really well built defense team, but even during that week where BH!Ike falls, you still have like 4 more Ladders left.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, XRay said:

I can get into Tiet 26 with Kronya, but that does not mean I can do it consistently, and a lot of times I just get Tier 24 or 25, and that is with constant practice with Kronya every single day non stop, even during Light Season, just so I do not get rusty. I sometimes need to do a few warmups just to clear my mind and get in the zone. It required full mental concentration and it was extremely draining. Once I got my Light team set up with BH!Ike, my performance in Astra dropped like a rock and I reached Tier 26 on Astra maybe a handful of times with Kronya after I used BH!Ike for Light.

Not everyone has the same strategic skill level for Aether Raids, and I do not think it is worth it to run a bonus unit that compromises my ability to win consistently. Once Kronya falls, the rest of the team is more likely to lose than win, and I cannot waste a team slot for a Smite/Reposition bot when Altina can already do that and do it better as a flier. Panic also does not help Kronya much if the opponent is not using bonus buffs, and I do run that on AMH!Hector, and it does not even make a difference for most weeks. Having a second AMH!Hector means I can deal more and wider area of damage, and I do not have to rely on Bolt Tower (O) as much, so that means I can start aggroing the defense team sooner and I get to keep my backrow more open in case I need space to retreat to.

And building a second scoring Astra team is not easy either. Naga was shit, so the only other option was Altina, and the only team comp that can fully make use of Altina that I can find is a Galeforce team, and I am still waiting for more Velouria copies.

BH!Ike with triple Plumetia is basically end turn and win; the effort required to win is practically zero. Kronya used to be easy too when I first built her up, but she became harder and harder to use over time since Hardy Bearing and Firesweep are abundant and cheap and Structures (D) got higher levels. Getting into Tier 25 or 26 consistently and do it without turning on my brain is a massive improvement. I am primarily a player phase player at heart, and if I can use BH!Ike without any effort, almost anyone can use BH!Ike without effort too. Checking defense skill sets, planning a few steps ahead, doing calculations, etc. are all stuff that you do not have to even think about when using BH!Ike, BH!Lucina, and triple Spd Mythics. BH!Ike might fall once a month to a really well built defense team, but even during that week where BH!Ike falls, you still have like 4 more Ladders left.

This seems to me like a common trap where players get too used to relying on high-investment builds to stomp everything that they don't get good at picking their battles and winning with a group of more limited units. It's a skill anyone can learn, even if it comes easier to some than others, and it makes a lot easier to build resilient teams that can handle losing a unit or fitting in a weak bonus unit.

If Ike plus triple Plumeria is that effective, I'm sure Ike plus double Plumeria is also enough to stomp many teams. If that's the only team you're currently using, surely you could afford to devote one of your other team slots to swapping out one Plumeria for a bonus unit, so you can field that one for battles where it seems like enough and get full points on those fights with the same strategy.

It's great that you've found something that works for you, but bear in mind that with the release of units like Plumeria and Flayn, damage reduction is becoming an increasingly major part of the game. Over time, we're likely to get more skills that bypass it like Deadeye and Blazing specials, and also more use of existing ones. Do you know what you'll do if you start seeing more teams that can take down Brave Ike?

2 hours ago, Othin said:

This seems to me like a common trap where players get too used to relying on high-investment builds to stomp everything that they don't get good at picking their battles and winning with a group of more limited units. It's a skill anyone can learn, even if it comes easier to some than others, and it makes a lot easier to build resilient teams that can handle losing a unit or fitting in a weak bonus unit.

I know that players should run multiple types of offense teams. Even I give that advice to other players too. The issue is that it is a lot easier to build teams for Light than it is for Astra until very recently. Before Plumeria, you have to run some sort of team set up that relies on Altina, and running double Altinas is not exactly great for color balance. Altina is great for role compression in that she can do Counter-Vantage and Galeforce at the same time, but you still do not want to run two of her from a coverage perspective.

It is extremely demotivating to build for Astra when half your Astra Mythics were shit and the other half only works for very specific strategies, and even if you devote enough resources to it, there is no guarantee that it will pan out great.

And even with Plumeria out now, it is not exactly easy to build a super tank team using anyone other than BH!Ike. The closest competitor is Brunnya, but unless you have piles of Grails sitting around, it takes time to build her up and she is nowhere near as good as BH!Ike.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

If Ike plus triple Plumeria is that effective, I'm sure Ike plus double Plumeria is also enough to stomp many teams. If that's the only team you're currently using, surely you could afford to devote one of your other team slots to swapping out one Plumeria for a bonus unit, so you can field that one for battles where it seems like enough and get full points on those fights with the same strategy.

Two Plumerias is probably enough for most, but I want to just go on complete autopilot right now, and running three serves that purpose. There is no thinking involved; the most mentally engaging thing I have to do is not even during the battle itself, it is making sure I have all my Sacred Seals in order and most of the time I can still win if I forgot to run a Chill or Spd/Res Solo. I already got a Gold Throne, so no rank to worry about either. I do not care how well my defense teams does since I am guaranteed to land in Tier 25 or Tier 26 no matter how well or poorly I do on defense. I do not even care if I miss a pot or two or if I forgot to play and skip a day, because I am guaranteed to reach Tier 24 or 25 without any effort involved.

This is not like in Arena where not running a bonus unit prevents you from getting into decent tiers. Not running a bonus unit in Aether Raids only prevents you from getting into Tier 27, and the difference between Tier 25/26 and Tier 27 is peanuts.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

It's great that you've found something that works for you, but bear in mind that with the release of units like Plumeria and Flayn, damage reduction is becoming an increasingly major part of the game. Over time, we're likely to get more skills that bypass it like Deadeye and Blazing specials, and also more use of existing ones. Do you know what you'll do if you start seeing more teams that can take down Brave Ike?

If they really start hammering BH!Ike hard, then I will just run more player phase teams in Aether Raids. Most of my Barracks was useless during Astra since there was very little synergy with Altina. For Light, I can already run any player phase team composition I want, and with Plumeria out now, I can do the same for Astra too.

And having 30% or 40% damage reduction just by itself is not that great. You need to stack it multiple times to have anywhere near the levels reliability players want. If you are not BH!Ike or if you do not have multiple Flayns, running a single copy of damage reduction effect is not really doing much.

Edited by XRay

On 10/16/2020 at 4:26 AM, Xenomata said:

~Thunderbrand is supposed to be a Brave Sword, but here Catherine is simply built with effects that will ensure she has a follow-up attack...

Yeah, that was a disappointment. You'd almost think they were afraid of powercreep were it not for...everything else they've put out in recent memory.

On 10/16/2020 at 4:33 AM, ZeManaphy said:

Odd that the Spear or Assal doesn’t hit cavalry for super effective damage.

Both of these seem like really weird missed opportunities to me. I guess IS thought a demoted cav slayer was too good?

On 10/16/2020 at 4:42 AM, Anathaco said:

God Shattering Star in Heroes?

I didn't even think about that but now I am so down for this!

The funny thing is just last week I was asking about good sword infantry merge projects and we get freaking Nemesis of all people, wow! I too assumed he'd be a Mythic or at the very least a premium Hero but...I guess not? Does anyone else feel like the Travant backlash really got under IS' skin? I am all for it if that's the case of course 😛

The datamined info is in spoilers.

Spoiler

Nemesis: RIP in 175 BST; due to not having a superboon, he could not hit 180 BST. His Prf has an easy to meet effect and a somewhat meh effect. Easy stat boosts. Pity that the damage reduction effect only happens in the first combat of the turn. If players aren't too enthused about Effie's refine effect, chances are that they'd probably not be too pleased about Nemesis's damage reduction effect. He's also slow so Evasion B-skills (ie. Spurn) wouldn't be too good on him.

Flayn: Statline is about expected for a healer.

Shamir: Pretty much expected statline.

Katherine: Expected statline, though whales who love her would probably be happy that she hits 180 BST if she gets the Atk or Spd superboon.

Seteth: Less physically bulky (44/32) than Spring Narcian (43/37) or Altena (45/39), but his Atk is between theirs and he is the fastest. Hits 175 BST once merged.

Kiran: he gets a pretty wholesome epithet in "Near and Dear".

Edited by Roflolxp54

Nemesis got a super flexible Bond/Unity type skill. First round condition does suck though for the Spurn effect.

...fuck, it looks like the 3H Forging Bonds is right back to limited to one Askr trio per person plus a brick wall, and bleeting their lives as opposed to having any actual human contact with other people.

Edited by Xenomata

Unsurprising considering the BST gap, but man, legendary Lyn looks so bad compared to Shamir let alone Faye, Norne, Setsuna, or freaking Tanya. Shamir is a player phase unit, but stat-wise, legendary Lyn only has a 6 point resistance lead over Shamir with their prf bows equipped. 10 if you consider Laws of Sacae where if you really wanted to, Shamir with Bracing Stance 3, Distant Def 3, Mirror Stance 3, or whatever Res+6, enemy phase A passive would lower the gap to a 4 point resistance lead for legendary Lyn in return for a much easier activation of enemy phase and not enemy phase and must be within 2 spaces of 2 or more allies. Legendary Lyn has 36 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 21 Def, and 27 Res to Shamir's 41 HP, 40 Atk, 40 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res; -5 HP, -9 Atk, -4 Spd, -4 Def, and +3 Res compared to Shamir.

Seteth is a +Spd, -Res Heath with his gen 5 melee BST points dumped into HP. I'm not sure what he's like in Three Houses, but had he had Heath's resistance like if Seteth dumped some of HP and maybe defense into resistance, he would be a pretty good mixed tank. It would make Thea look worse, but Thea was already in a bad spot to begin with.

Spoiler

Nemesis is a sword infantry. Hoped for a sword armor, but whatever I guess. Nemesis's Dark Creator Sword was both expected and unexpected. Creator Sword is powerful to say the least when it has a Killer effect, Null Follow-Up 3, and Blade effect nullification. It could have happened, but it would have been a very slim chance for the Dark Creator Sword to have packed a combination of effects like Creator Sword much less be a copy of Creator Sword. That said, I figured it would have a Killer effect and maybe Blade effect nullification. Instead, it has Def+3 and two effects that require his allies' HP to be >= 90%. The first one is fine. It's like Atk/Def Form, but requires a HP check of allies instead of how many allies are within 2 spaces of the user. The second one... Again with the first combat phase. It could have worked if Nemesis had a superboon somewhere or if he was a sword armor i.e. if he scored well where in arena, first combat can be easier to manage than anywhere else. Damage reduction is great, but it only works once per phase. With how slow Nemesis is, the effects of ballroom Eldigan's Courtly Lance, ballroom Lachesis's Courtly Mask, or lightfoot Quan's Courtly Bow would be so much easier to work with even though it would not affect AoE specials to which they could give a pass since it's on a prf: "At start of combat, if foe can make a follow-up attack, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%." It could also grant him Atk/X+5 or Def/Res+5 like that of the Courtly Bow, Courtly Lance, or Courtly Mask. The heal effect of the Three Houses summer banner might have worked better. Even better if it was extended to heal allies nearby him to try and maintain their HP to be >= 90%. Something like, "During unit's first combat in player phase or enemy phase, [some effect here] ... and restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces after combat."

Welp, there goes two more barracks slots occupied by a GHB. Sitting there and wasting space.

23 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Unsurprising considering the BST gap, but man, legendary Lyn looks so bad compared to Shamir let alone Faye, Norne, Setsuna, or freaking Tanya. Shamir is a player phase unit, but stat-wise, legendary Lyn only has a 6 point resistance lead over Shamir with their prf bows equipped. 10 if you consider Laws of Sacae where if you really wanted to, Shamir with Bracing Stance 3, Distant Def 3, Mirror Stance 3, or whatever Res+6, enemy phase A passive would lower the gap to a 4 point resistance lead for legendary Lyn in return for a much easier activation of enemy phase and not enemy phase and must be within 2 spaces of 2 or more allies. Legendary Lyn has 36 HP, 31 Atk, 36 Spd, 21 Def, and 27 Res to Shamir's 41 HP, 40 Atk, 40 Spd, 25 Def, and 24 Res; -5 HP, -9 Atk, -4 Spd, -4 Def, and +3 Res compared to Shamir.

Seteth is a +Spd, -Res Heath with his gen 5 melee BST points dumped into HP. I'm not sure what he's like in Three Houses, but had he had Heath's resistance like if Seteth dumped some of HP and maybe defense into resistance, he would be a pretty good mixed tank. It would make Thea look worse, but Thea was already in a bad spot to begin with.

Hide contents

Nemesis is a sword infantry. Hoped for a sword armor, but whatever I guess. Nemesis's Dark Creator Sword was both expected and unexpected. Creator Sword is powerful to say the least when it has a Killer effect, Null Follow-Up 3, and Blade effect nullification. It could have happened, but it would have been a very slim chance for the Dark Creator Sword to have packed a combination of effects like Creator Sword much less be a copy of Creator Sword. That said, I figured it would have a Killer effect and maybe Blade effect nullification. Instead, it has Def+3 and two effects that require his allies' HP to be >= 90%. The first one is fine. It's like Atk/Def Form, but requires a HP check of allies instead of how many allies are within 2 spaces of the user. The second one... Again with the first combat phase. It could have worked if Nemesis had a superboon somewhere or if he was a sword armor i.e. if he scored well where in arena, first combat can be easier to manage than anywhere else. Damage reduction is great, but it only works once per phase. With how slow Nemesis is, the effects of ballroom Eldigan's Courtly Lance, ballroom Lachesis's Courtly Mask, or lightfoot Quan's Courtly Bow would be so much easier to work with even though it would not affect AoE specials to which they could give a pass since it's on a prf: "At start of combat, if foe can make a follow-up attack, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 50%." It could also grant him Atk/X+5 or Def/Res+5 like that of the Courtly Bow, Courtly Lance, or Courtly Mask. The heal effect of the Three Houses summer banner might have worked better. Even better if it was extended to heal allies nearby him to try and maintain their HP to be >= 90%. Something like, "During unit's first combat in player phase or enemy phase, [some effect here] ... and restores 10 HP to unit and allies within 2 spaces after combat."

Welp, there goes two more barracks slots occupied by a GHB. Sitting there and wasting space.

Lyn does have access to 10 more dragonflower levels than Shamir, so accounting for that, her Res lead goes up by another 2 points. She's still worse in every other stat, though.

So my overall thoughts on the banner:

Seteth is one of my favorite units in 3H, and he doesn't disappoint in Heroes. Generally really happy with him being a good demote.

I love Shamir too, and I like her art a lot. I'm pretty tempted to roll for her.

Not a fan of Catherine, and something seems off about her face. Lull Spd/Def fodder though.

I hate Flayn, but her making it in (and being overpowered) isn't too much skin off my back when I'm also getting something good out of the banner.

Pretty disappointing GHB (holy mother of situational weapons, Batman) but I can't be too torn about it when I already have multiple grail projects.