New Heroes: Goddess's Servants

NSSKG151

Some salt about Nemesis 

Spoiler

He is a massive disappointment, his skills are some of the most boring options that most male GHBs have nowadays, a chill and a random C slot that doesn't even benefit his playstyle at all. 176 BST on infantries is one of the biggest skams in the game, meaning that unless the unit has a supeboon to unlock through flowers (which are very hard to collect) then said unit can't have optimal scoring, what's even more annoying is that Legendary Corrin has 182 BST which means that if the 5 points from the trainee bonus are subtracted then she would have 177 and that one point makes a massive difference. All that wouldn't mind if his weapon was really consistent, however needing 3 allies to be above the strict threshold of 90% health to gain 6 Atk/Def and for damage reduction on the first combat of the enemy phase (player phase doesn't matter for him due to his low spd) is really bad. Really wanted to +10 him ad I liked his art, his character(mostly the lore around him) and even his stats weren't too bad, however I know better that to spend my hard earned grails on him while Ena, Ashnard exist and even more units are bound to arrive.

Does anyone know if his map is the Tailtean plains or the swamp of GD and if God-Shattering Star will be present? 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, SuperNova125 said:

Some salt about Nemesis 

Hide contents

He is a massive disappointment, his skills are some of the most boring options that most male GHBs have nowadays, a chill and a random C slot that doesn't even benefit his playstyle at all. 176 BST on infantries is one of the biggest skams in the game, meaning that unless the unit has a supeboon to unlock through flowers (which are very hard to collect) then said unit can't have optimal scoring, what's even more annoying is that Legendary Corrin has 182 BST which means that if the 5 points from the trainee bonus are subtracted then she would have 177 and that one point makes a massive difference. All that wouldn't mind if his weapon was really consistent, however needing 3 allies to be above the strict threshold of 90% health to gain 6 Atk/Def and for damage reduction on the first combat of the enemy phase (player phase doesn't matter for him due to his low spd) is really bad. Really wanted to +10 him ad I liked his art, his character(mostly the lore around him) and even his stats weren't too bad, however I know better that to spend my hard earned grails on him while Ena, Ashnard exist and even more units are bound to arrive.

Does anyone know if his map is the Tailtean plains or the swamp of GD and if God-Shattering Star will be present? 

No God Shattering Star, only Screen Shattering Disappointment.

Well, just fuck Nemesis I guess. Especially considering how lenient the solo effects are and how they provide larger boosts (not to mention Ashnard's rein), >=90% is minuscule, like 4-5 HP, which is less than the recoil from fury and tier 4 push skills. Okay, cool, so my other units literally can't take damage or engage in combat half the time? Thanks. As for the damage reduction, I hope IS quits the once per phase thing. There are enough modes in this game that that's not practical for, HBs, AR, etc. His stats themselves are good, and given that I don't care about arena, the lack of superboon is whatever to me, but I can sympathize with the people who don't like it.

I would've liked if Seteth's res was a bit higher, but as it stands, guess Heath is still the go-to for mixed taking lance fliers. +res Seteth would be virtually identical to +spd Heath, but +res on Seteth seems like a bit of a waste, especially with his lance, whereas +spd on Heath is pretty much ideal. And I have a soft spot for Heath and his art.

Shamir and Catherine are pretty much as expected. Seeing them in action in the FB reminded me how much I like all the characters* so ended up hitting 40 summons. Just need to decide who to go for. Catherine's weapon seems more fun and I like her art better, but Shamir has a better kit on the whole and she's one of my absolute favorites in 3H, even if I'm not a fan of her FEH art. A surprisingly tough choice.

Flayn's Flayn, and she didn't show up. She looks good and she's a sweetheart of a dweeb, but I don't really care to go for her.

*That's not to say the FB was anything great. It was fine I guess, but more so that I liked the characters enough in 3H and reading their lines in their voices in my head jogged that nostalgia.

Edited by bottlegnomes

6 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Some salt about Nemesis 

Hide contents

Spoiler

This is the map for Nemesis's GHB map:

FdPopE2.jpg

No swamp... not even one or two water tiles. And no God-Shattering Star. Because it looks to be a open field... maybe this is Caledonian Plateau, where takes place the Verdant Wind final battle? His sword makes reference how Nemesis is protected by the Ten Elites in that map, so... yeah.

Meanwhile, this is Hubert & Bernie's BHB map:

YtJZ7nh.png

Pretty interesting adaptation of Gronder Field, having the river, the bridges and the defensive tiles representing the center hill where the balista is. I expect that to be Bernie's starting stop.

Thinking about Nemesis a little... I kinda feel like people are being REAL down on him without proper justification. I mean...

• Having perfectly healthy allies isn't that hard. Many maps have formations that make it very possible for an ally to hide behind a wall and be completely impossible to reach without positioning B passives, and you never see Savage Blow or similar skills except on specific builds.
  • Nemesis doesn't need to be anywhere near his allies, unlike 95% of all FEH skills and effects.
  • It is completely possible to only see one round of combat per phase with smart positioning, and 45% is a pretty generous amount of damage reduction when Nemesis has 23 Spd, nowhere near enough to get even a little damage reduction off most armors, and good mixed defenses. Keep in mind, most units outside of fliers with Alert Stance only get buffs equal to skills like Bond 3s plus penalty neutralization.

Now for Aether Raids... yeah Nemesis's once per phase condition is gonna be hard to work with, and yes his starting skills are trash, but for Arena and CPU content, Nemesis should still be perfectly workable, especially if and when we're demanded to use TH characters which only a few are easily acquired.

Besides... he's a Grail unit. When was the last time a Grail unit actually had a workable base kit?

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Petrine.

...no.

-NOBODY uses a Lv3 Push skill. NOBODY. It's plain bad as it is, and even ASPush4 doesn't have the best synergy with the Flame Lance. For quick battles maybe, if you only want her to see combat ONCE. But not if you wanna actually USE her.
-Threaten Atk/Def 2? She doesn't even use the enemies defense stat until she's under half-health, and if she's in range of an enemy to take advantage of it fully... you're not using her right.
-Ignis is alright AT BEST, still better than Klein getting Glacies. At worst it's a gimmick she only has because FLAME LANCER, WIELDER OF THE FLAME LANCE. She'd want something a little faster to charge up.

A workable base kit is something you can let a unit learn and still get some use out of as you use them. Even if you only use her as one-time per battle deals, you'd still replace ASPush3 with Triangle Adept because that's the only reason you'd use an offensive-based unit once. Keeping a kit like hers intact is a novelty.

40 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Thinking about Nemesis a little... I kinda feel like people are being REAL down on him without proper justification. I mean...

• Having perfectly healthy allies isn't that hard. Many maps have formations that make it very possible for an ally to hide behind a wall and be completely impossible to reach without positioning B passives, and you never see Savage Blow or similar skills except on specific builds.
  • Nemesis doesn't need to be anywhere near his allies, unlike 95% of all FEH skills and effects.
  • It is completely possible to only see one round of combat per phase with smart positioning, and 45% is a pretty generous amount of damage reduction when Nemesis has 23 Spd, nowhere near enough to get even a little damage reduction off most armors, and good mixed defenses. Keep in mind, most units outside of fliers with Alert Stance only get buffs equal to skills like Bond 3s plus penalty neutralization.

Now for Aether Raids... yeah Nemesis's once per phase condition is gonna be hard to work with, and yes his starting skills are trash, but for Arena and CPU content, Nemesis should still be perfectly workable, especially if and when we're demanded to use TH characters which only a few are easily acquired.

Besides... he's a Grail unit. When was the last time a Grail unit actually had a workable base kit?

People are being harsh because he deserves it. He's a giant letdown in every sense of the word.

- Having perfectly healthy allies is not bad IF it were for every combat or if it were more than a light breeze that knocks you out of it. You can't pair him well with fury users, push users and similar stuff.

- He can not work on astra season since you'd be forced to bring a healing tower which clogs your backline and thus worsens your matchup vs Cav lines.

- He also cannot even do certain PvE content well such as Duma, F!Takumi and similar maps. Savage blow is also one of the most used PVE enemy skills.

- In AR there is no way he will be seeing one combat per turn. 

- And to add insult to injury, he only reaches the 175 score bin, so the one place where he could actually find some value, he's also bing gimped. Even the summoner in the latest map had an Atk superboon. Ena has a superboon for reaching 180, which puts her way ahead since she has the stat spread to actually win vs L!Crom, strange as it sounds.

Memesis bitterly falls short at every possible point he could have been valuable. 

As for base kits, I don't know if you've seen it, but pretty much all grail units and demotes have flawed base kits. It's the weapon that can make or break them. And Memesis gets the short end of the creator short in that regard.

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...no.

-NOBODY uses a Lv3 Push skill. NOBODY. It's plain bad as it is, and even ASPush4 doesn't have the best synergy with the Flame Lance. For quick battles maybe, if you only want her to see combat ONCE. But not if you wanna actually USE her.
-Threaten Atk/Def 2? She doesn't even use the enemies defense stat until she's under half-health, and if she's in range of an enemy to take advantage of it fully... you're not using her right.
-Ignis is alright AT BEST, still better than Klein getting Glacies. At worst it's a gimmick she only has because FLAME LANCER, WIELDER OF THE FLAME LANCE. She'd want something a little faster to charge up.

A workable base kit is something you can let a unit learn and still get some use out of as you use them. Even if you only use her as one-time per battle deals, you'd still replace ASPush3 with Triangle Adept because that's the only reason you'd use an offensive-based unit once. Keeping a kit like hers intact is a novelty.

And this is where you're wrong about Petrine, and where Memesis again falls flat. Memesis has Chill Atk and Savage blow, Chill atk is already on so many units and not in high demand, and Savage Blow at 5* is a meme when Camilla exists. 

Petrine however has a valuable Atk Spd push, which is indeed terrible as a skill. But what does that let you do? For fodder, you can use a Petrine to get Wrathfull + Push 4 from B!Camilla. Her Threaten, though the T4 skill is nit yet released, also can be used to inherit an T3 skill + the T4 Threaten from a different unit.

And to top it off, Petrine's weapon is actually useful, since it has continuous effects and at that, and effect that makes her stand out among the Lance Cavs in a viable way. She can target Res, which can be huge. Sorcery Blade as a seal is great for a reason, it lets you punch through stuff like L!Chrom. Petrine's base skills need a rework if you want to use her, correct, but she provides valuable fodder for those that do not wish to build her and unique and viable unit through her weapon for those that do. Memesis provides neither.

@Vicious Sal too many points to bring up to directly quote.

Spoiler

• You do realize I said his weapon will be hard to work with in AR, right? I almost feel like you missed that point completely, given you had to bring it up.*
  • Savage Blow and similar are skills that only affect units within 2 spaces of the target. Note the part where Nemesis doesn't need to be anywhere near his allies. If you want him to benefit from Drives that'd be another matter, but if you want him to go off on his own while the rest of your team hides behind a wall or clears the other half of the map, that's completely doable. Also Heavenly Light is a common enough special available to all healers, if it becomes that big an issue. And personally, I take issue with you* if you are fielding a defensive unit like Nemesis without a healer.
  • Savage Blow and similar skills are common enough, yes... but again, they appear on specific builds of units, and are not on enough units in a single map that it becomes a serious issue to your team in a given battle. There are also really not that many maps with turn-specific wide AoE damage. F!Takumi, Gharnef, Garon, and Duma are pretty much the only ones, and of those I only see Duma in PvP content, and as grail units the other 3 don't appear in any sort of PvE content outside of their own GHBs (and again, Heavenly Light if it really matters)
  • I mean, it's a shame he doesn't have a superasset, but the difference is 2 points total. Also... are we looking at the same units? Ena and Nemesis have very similar lv40 stat spreads, Enas advantage is that she has adeptive damage naturally, not stats. Nemesis probably could do it to if he had Sorcery Blade SS on him.
  • You must realize I asked that question BECAUSE I know all grail units have garbage base kits, right? Flame Emperor is the most recently released unit whose base kit isn't completely awful, maybe Groom Hinata but Close Guard doesn't do him any direct favors. I've been here since the beginning, Grail units have had garbage base sets 90% of the time, and the rest of the time their base sets lets them do their job to the most average degree possible.
  • You must also realize that being good as SI fodder isn't exactly a point in a units favor in actual combat, right? Kinda what I was asking in the first place? Yes, please use whatever units you need to get all the best skills possible onto one unit, but that can be said for literally any unit. Ashnard is arguably the best Grail unit we've gotten all year, and even he only comes with Draconic Aura/Distant Def/Even Atk Wave, which I think I only Atk Wave stays on actual builds because eh, it's already there why replace it if you have nothing better? What if you wanted to inherit DD4 and Vengeful Fighter 3 onto someone, but you didn't have any DD3 fodder? Suddenly that Ashnard is looking mighty rare for someone who's about to become food.* (It's an example, don't comment on it)
    You said it yourself, Petrine's kit needs an overhaul to make her work. Nemesis needs an overhaul. Darros needs an overhaul. Iago needs an overhaul. Aversa needs an overhaul. Naesala needs an overhaul, and he's honestly got one of the better default kits among grail units. It makes no difference if he needs an overhaul, cause they all do.

tl;dr Nemesis can still be used if you want (or need) to use him. You kind of have to build to avoid the situations where he becomes ineffective, but here's a shocking revelation*: every unit needs that.

*I feel like I need to label sarcasm, otherwise I'll be bugged about points I didn't even seriously mean.

He was a major letdown to me as well, although that's mostly my fault for making big assumptions.
-assuming he'd be able to reach 180 bst
-assuming his weapon would be at least half decent for AR-O tank (any 2 of dc, slaying, debuff null, reduction like close call Bs, nfu, or null guard would have sufficed)
-not thinking that he could be the awful slow-bulky infantry stat spread I detest

Essentially he needed to at least be 180 bst (with IV fruit if needed) for me to grail him up, but I was more looking forward to finally building a merged unit that could use Spurn for AR-O. He failed both points, so guess it's back to hoarding excessive grails.

Dark Creator S is not great, but I do not think it is too horrible. The expectations for it was probably too high though. It is essentially a free Atk/Def+6 at all times for both phases, and it will practically be always in effect in Rival Domains and Grand Conquest unless you are getting team wiped or something. The Spurn part sucks since it is unreliable, but it is still decent for easier modes like Allegiance Battles and Arena Assault.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

You must realize I asked that question BECAUSE I know all grail units have garbage base kits, right? Flame Emperor is the most recently released unit whose base kit isn't completely awful, maybe Groom Hinata but Close Guard doesn't do him any direct favors. I've been here since the beginning, Grail units have had garbage base sets 90% of the time, and the rest of the time their base sets lets them do their job to the most average degree possible.

As I stated before, it's not the base kit that defines a character. this is not only for free units. 5* locked units are also made or broken by their weapon/unique prf skill or they need to have a stat distribution that lends them to excel at a valuable role that works with an inheritable weapon. 

A lot of premium units also need skill overhauls to perform at their best. So this argument falls flat. What makes or break a free unit, and a unit in general, is most often their weapon. Brunnya has an incredible weapon and sees a lot of use. Brave Alm is seen when? His weapon and his Scendscale suck. he was released after Byleth, who is one of the best premium sword tanks because she is able to have NFU and Dmg Reduction in her kit (Flayn now grants that acces to more units, but before this banner it was her and Mareeta for the sword units) Petrine also has an incredible Prf. Ena has a perfect stat distribution for her role and can score 180, so she finds value even without an inheritable weapon. It's why Travant is being meme'd on while Ashnard is finding great value in Flier Balls. 

Ond once again, Nemesis has nothing like this. his Prf is bad, he has the same value for scoring as Itsuki and Astram, who are way better carry/support units. he offers nothing and disappoints in pretty much every area.

You must also realize that being good as SI fodder isn't exactly a point in a units favor in actual combat, right? Kinda what I was asking in the first place? Yes, please use whatever units you need to get all the best skills possible onto one unit, but that can be said for literally any unit. Ashnard is arguably the best Grail unit we've gotten all year, and even he only comes with Draconic Aura/Distant Def/Even Atk Wave, which I think I only Atk Wave stays on actual builds because eh, it's already there why replace it if you have nothing better? What if you wanted to inherit DD4 and Vengeful Fighter 3 onto someone, but you didn't have any DD3 fodder? Suddenly that Ashnard is looking mighty rare for someone who's about to become food.* (It's an example, don't comment on it)
You said it yourself, Petrine's kit needs an overhaul to make her work. Nemesis needs an overhaul. Darros needs an overhaul. Iago needs an overhaul. Aversa needs an overhaul. Naesala needs an overhaul, and he's honestly got one of the better default kits among grail units. It makes no difference if he needs an overhaul, cause they all do.

It's not a favour in combat, but it is a favour in creating a better user experience since giving new skills to work with is always better for the player. No one is waiting for Earth Boost and Defense wave, but Darros still provided a great weapon. No one wants Spd/Res 2 but Distant Guard is actually quite good for pairing with Silver Goblet. Nemesis brings Chill atk, which is already widely available and Savage blow at 5*, so he brings two major let downs. It's why people want to see different seals from squad assault and why Solo skills as seals are so well received. Nemesis does nothing for us.

I mean, it's a shame he doesn't have a superasset, but the difference is 2 points total. Also... are we looking at the same units? Ena and Nemesis have very similar lv40 stat spreads, Enas advantage is that she has adeptive damage naturally, not stats. Nemesis probably could do it to if he had Sorcery Blade SS on him.

That 2 point score difference is incredibly valuable since BST is rising and thus Arena score will as well. With pale Breath she wins vs Chrom because she can use her S slot for higher DPS and her Spd superboon actually offers better combat results since the most popular L!Chrom build in arena is +Spd Chrom nowadays, that 1 point is sometimes the difference between dodging a double. This is factoring in all the drive Spd support both would be getting. With nemesis however, the danger of drives are greater since any splash damage will negate his effect.

You do realize I said his weapon will be hard to work with in AR, right? I almost feel like you missed that point completely, given you had to bring it up.

I realised you said it, and my point is that it is not just hard to work with, it's downright terrible. I'll give you a little lesson in how the AI works. Assuming DCS's spurn effect is active, he's pretty much unkillable. When that happens, the enemy starts with units that have the afflicter status. These are things like Panic and the like. This means that his first combat will be against any healer or units with panic smoke etc. So what happens is, the panic inducer attacks, and then the carries with charged specials attack afterward, which he will not have any Dmg Reduction against. 

Even worse, let's say you're against an IP team with an Ophelia with a charged blazing special. Cool, Nemesis would be able to tank her first right, since she does ludicrous amount of damage with it. Wrong. the AI does not take AOE's into effect. So It's calculating just a normal attack for Ophelia, meanwhile, the Lysithea/Kiria/Tharja/whatever with their charged special will do more. So they attack first, and then ophelia barges in with an AOE that is not going to get reduced. His AOE reduction will in most cases never come into play because of the way the AI works.

Savage Blow and similar are skills that only affect units within 2 spaces of the target. Note the part where Nemesis doesn't need to be anywhere near his allies. If you want him to benefit from Drives that'd be another matter, but if you want him to go off on his own while the rest of your team hides behind a wall or clears the other half of the map, that's completely doable. Also Heavenly Light is a common enough special available to all healers, if it becomes that big an issue. And personally, I take issue with you* if you are fielding a defensive unit like Nemesis without a healer.

Yes, that's fine and dandy, but you're thinking from a perspective where Nemesis is literally the only one getting attack ever. What this really means is that all of your units have to have at least two spaces in between them if there is savage plow etc on the team and a unit is in enemy range. So good luck putting a drive range area between all your units, lenient positioning ruined because of his Prf. 
Regarding heavenly light, it's fine for PvE, but it sucks in AR, and is not used in Arena, so even if you had a C Duel infantry healer, they wouldn't be running it. 

Savage Blow and similar skills are common enough, yes... but again, they appear on specific builds of units, and are not on enough units in a single map that it becomes a serious issue to your team in a given battle. There are also really not that many maps with turn-specific wide AoE damage. F!Takumi, Gharnef, Garon, and Duma are pretty much the only ones, and of those I only see Duma in PvP content, and as grail units the other 3 don't appear in any sort of PvE content outside of their own GHBs (and again, Heavenly Light if it really matters)

As I said, PvE will probably Nemesis's home, since if people like him, there is no problem in building him, but for anyone who wanted more than just a unit they liked, it's not there. And even in PvE he faces more problem due to the nature of his weapon than a lot of other units. 

tl;dr Nemesis can still be used if you want (or need) to use him. You kind of have to build to avoid the situations where he becomes ineffective, but here's a shocking revelation*: every unit needs that.

Tl;dr Nemesis can be built if people want to, because there is nothing wrong with building favourites, but for the people that were hoping they would get a new toy for Arena, they're disappointed. For people wanting a new AR unit, they're disappointed. For people wanting new and exciting skills to use, they're disappointed. Pretty much anyone who wanted something besides nice art, and vicelike that were a faithful adaptation from the character, they are disappointed. Even the people that would have thought he was a mythic are disappointed, since the idea that suddenly he might be a easier to get cool project with a cool Prf, were let down.

•  

As much as I'd hoped for more out of Nemesis, I'm still planning on building him unless someone better shows up, and I don't think any of Astram/Itsuki/Ena fit the bill. Ena can score a tiny bit better, but on top of needing trait fruits and more grails, the fact that she doesn't have a prf means she needs two 300 SP skills to hit her max score while the others only need one. And for all that, you get a unit who has no prf and will get obsoleted when Gen 6 comes out in like a year anyway.

7 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I was excited for Nemesis as Arena unit, but since he doesn't hit 180 BST, I'll wait for the next ones and see if someone has potential there.

I don't think we're getting any 180 BST infantry GHBs until Gen 6. The fact that Nemesis falls short due to having no superboons, and that Ena can hit it but only with her worst boon, seems deliberate.

Could get an armor with 180, though, like Flame Emperor having 175 in Gen 4. And it's possible that we'll get other units like Jorge that hit the 175 BST bin without being melee infantry.

39 minutes ago, Othin said:

Could get an armor with 180, though, like Flame Emperor having 175 in Gen 4.

Did you mean Flame Emperor having 180? They were around 178 pre-merge, which was normal for Gen 4 armors.
A Gen 5 Melee Armor GHB/TT would probably have 182, so 185 bin after merges (unless its 181 with no superboon ala Nemesis situation).
I'd guess we'll get a Gen 5 Ranged armor for the new Christmas TT, so a melee one is probably not soon.

20 minutes ago, Azuni said:

Did you mean Flame Emperor having 180? They were around 178 pre-merge, which was normal for Gen 4 armors.
A Gen 5 Melee Armor GHB/TT would probably have 182, so 185 bin after merges (unless its 181 with no superboon ala Nemesis situation).
I'd guess we'll get a Gen 5 Ranged armor for the new Christmas TT, so a melee one is probably not soon.

Right, yeah. Counted things wrong. 

And good point about Christmas. Whatever it is, should be some sort of high BST armor. I've already gotten a lot of mileage out of Jaffar, so I'm very curious to see what that one will do. 

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

And good point about Christmas. Whatever it is, should be some sort of high BST armor. I've already gotten a lot of mileage out of Jaffar, so I'm very curious to see what that one will do. 

I am kinda expecting some non-armor units this winter banner...

We are getting a Duo Hero in odd banners, and a Harmonized Hero in even banners (or vice-versa, whatever).

Since we are getting a Special Heroes in November, the Winter Heroes should have a Harmonized Hero, and unless it has some movement boost and teleportation abilities like Brave Edelgard... an armored unit in Resonant Battles is pretty crap.

Of course I don't expect no armors this year... but maybe not a full armor banner. This could mean the free hero may not be an armor. Who knows...

Edited by Diovani Bressan

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am kinda expecting some non-armor units this winter banner...

We are getting a Duo Hero in odd banners, and a Harmonized Hero in even banners (or vice-versa, whatever).

Since we are getting a Special Heroes in November, the Winter Heroes should have a Harmonized Hero, and unless it has some movement boost and teleportation abilities like Brave Edelgard... an armored unit in Resonant Battles is pretty crap.

Of course I don't expect no armors this year... but maybe not a full armor banner. This could mean the free hero may not be an armor. Who knows...

Huh, good point. We'll have to see.

but for the people that were hoping they would get a new toy for Arena, they're disappointed.

Even if Nemesis could reach 180 BST with a super boon, it would be a very small score boost that probably wouldn’t push one up a tier. In the best case scenario, it allows one to reach or stay in tier 21 every other week, so 2 extra trait fruits every fortnight. It would take two years for him to justify the expenditure of giving him a boon, he would be made redundant by the next gen before then.

For people wanting a new AR unit, they're disappointed. For people wanting new and exciting skills to use, they're disappointed.

That’s the norm. Very few grail units have a meaningful effect on the AR meta.
Being able to inherit Atk/Spd Push and something else, or stack Distant Guard effects isn’t new or particularly exciting.

Even the people that would have thought he was a mythic are disappointed, since the idea that suddenly he might be a easier to get cool project with a cool Prf, were let down

That’s wrong, as someone who was excited about Travant, Nemesis’s prf is very cool. It has an interesting effect which might be complementary to his character. For people who care about the “face” of units, that’s enough to satisfy them.

If people were expecting Nemesis to redefine the meta, to become the new Brave Ike or whatever, they were way too optimistic. Even the Mythic fairies don’t really compare to Azura as a support unit, what chance would a GHB have?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Trait Fruits aren't the only thing you get out of T21. There's also crowns if you care about them.

Orbs and feathers too. But whether it is worth spending fruits to get them is dependent on how much you value them relative to fruits.

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Orbs and feathers too. But whether it is worth spending fruits to get them is dependent on how much you value them relative to fruits.

Indeed.

Personally, crowns and thrones are the main things I keep in mind when putting heavy investment into units, since my team is already plenty well prepared for most other things I could want to accomplish. So stuff like trait fruits mostly goes towards that. Although personally, I like to use those resources in ways that will also be useful in general if possible, so I don't particularly want to use trait fruits to make a unit better in Arena if it'll make them worse in every other mode.

I figure if someone's talking about using fruits on Ena, they probably care a lot about crowns, more than I do.

Are they entirely incapable of giving us free armoured units? Nemesis is built like a god damn tank and actually has lower movement than fully promoted infantry in Three Houses. Yet they chose to make another goddamn sword infantry. We got the Black Knight in like the first week of the game as a Sword Armour, Nemsis absolutely could have been an armoured unit. Making him armoured would have fit way better into his gimmick as it would have given him better stats for his tanking and would have forced him to move at the rate of his army. Instead of just throwing him in first and not being able to do it as well as he should.