Nonbinary gender options

Oricorio

4 hours ago, Hirokaski said:

be like that but my opinion still stands and there are ONLY two genders male and female  no neutral  your born a male your a male  transition to a femal your a female simple science really this whole thing is just because some jumped up sjw thiught lets give people more thigns to be bithcy about at this was born.

imnot homophobic  like i said i have gay frinds and they are hilarious so are my lesbian friends but this stupidity has to stop

No one can stop you from holding your opinions, but we cannot abide by people tossing about rhetoric that may make members of our forum feel uncomfortable existing here. If you are unhappy with this being an inclusive space to people of different identities, this might not be the forum for you. Even if you do not think it's "real", you will have to at least respect that others will be expressing non-binary identities and we will be accepting of them and expecting others to not make them feel unwelcome.

Anyone who is dismissive with the sole crutch of "it's simple science" or other such non-specific rationales often has a shallow grasp of complex topics. Even the scientific topic is not actually "simple." I encourage you to not present yourself as of those people.

Edited by Specta

4 hours ago, Hirokaski said:

be like that but my opinion still stands and there are ONLY two genders male and female  no neutral  your born a male your a male  transition to a femal your a female simple science really this whole thing is just because some jumped up sjw thiught lets give people more thigns to be bithcy about at this was born.

imnot homophobic  like i said i have gay frinds and they are hilarious so are my lesbian friends but this stupidity has to stop

My opinion is that you'd be a better person if you kept your negative opinions to yourself.  And transphobia isn't homophobia.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, Hirokaski said:

While I somewhat agree with your opinion I feel like you could have been more polite with how you expressed it. A lot of people here seem to take gender identity pretty seriously so at the very least they warrant some respect, especially if you want other people to respect your opinions. 

I think the change to a pronouns setting is a bit odd but enough people wanted it so it makes sense.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:19 PM, Newtype Eldigan said:

While I somewhat agree with your opinion I feel like you could have been more polite with how you expressed it. A lot of people here seem to take gender identity pretty seriously so at the very least they warrant some respect, especially if you want other people to respect your opinions. 

I think the change to a pronouns setting is a bit odd but enough people wanted it so it makes sense.

If you can think of a better alternative, feel free to PM Integrity.  While I don't mind talking, I can't really do anything about how the profile displays and all.

Thank you  for your words Newtype Eldigan

Yes my views may upset those "gender spectrum types (fan-supporters)"  But I just simply find this whole thig ridicuous.  PLus I forgot to mention I have a trans friend  and even she thinks it's stupid so Not transphobic. So if this "almighty Admin wants to kick me  then do your worst douchebag cuz I don't give a shit i'm not like mangs and cancel culture and the so called "karens, sjws and 100 gender Drones don't mean shit to me! so do your worst! 

i think this is a nice change. personally, i feel more comfortable showcasing which pronouns i'd prefer people to refer to me as rather than my gender.

14 hours ago, Marche Raotzer said:

Yes my views may upset those "gender spectrum types (fan-supporters)"  But I just simply find this whole thig ridicuous.  PLus I forgot to mention I have a trans friend  and even she thinks it's stupid so Not transphobic. So if this "almighty Admin wants to kick me  then do your worst douchebag cuz I don't give a shit i'm not like mangs and cancel culture and the so called "karens, sjws and 100 gender Drones don't mean shit to me! so do your worst! 

you're not making any coherent point other than "i have a trans friend who agrees with my beliefs therefore that validates my opinions" you should at least show a little more respect when expressing your opinions 

Time for Dcat to add her two cents after following this topic from the beginning.

The pronoun options hurt noone. You are welcome to just say you are he/him or she/her. Those options are the same as saying male or female. It's like the covid masks, they are not hurting you, but their existence is good for the community as a whole, shut up and wear the damn mask/shut up and set it to what you want it to be.

People are complaining about non binary people's right to exist, and last I checked, the pronouns are just for male, female, and non binary, it's not like we have shit like "ponyself" or "wolf" or "the moon".

I draw the line at otherkin, I guess...but if I met one I would just say whatever floats their boat

On 12/22/2020 at 8:39 PM, Integrity said:

yeah i'm basically the tyrant of those things but you're free to have a debate and/or proposal about it with me here or on discord

I'd recommend sticking with the Male/Female/Undisclosed options and adding Non-Binary for the people who deem it appropriate. If not maybe recommend people to put their pronouns in their signature if they want?

It's clear the pronouns thing is divisive but I think there's a middle ground here. 

On 12/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, Marche Raotzer said:

do you actually thing any of these things are real insults lmao

anyway as a future question to people who aren't this dumbass who i already warned for screaming about the truth of gender at me and who is now gone: if you think you're going to die on this hill of serenes forest letting you pick your pronouns, please first ask yourself why. if you have to tell me that you're not bigoted BUT, ask yourself why you have to specify that.

fuckin gamers, man. i even gave him a second chance and he literally just came back to cry more!

5 hours ago, Newtype Eldigan said:

It's clear the pronouns thing is divisive but I think there's a middle ground here. 

it's very clear the pronouns thing is divisive; the fanbase seems to be divided between people who are happy to be able to pick pronouns, people who are neutral about the change because for them nothing has actually changed, and people who are ready to scream their viewpoints about the objective truth about gender identity to me. i will not flex on this just because children are screaming on the internet.

EDIT: to not just be dumb and actually respond to your point:

5 hours ago, Newtype Eldigan said:

I'd recommend sticking with the Male/Female/Undisclosed options and adding Non-Binary for the people who deem it appropriate. If not maybe recommend people to put their pronouns in their signature if they want?

the only thing you have done is recommend literally my pronouns solution back to me, except communicating less useful information to the reader, with the only plus being chuds don't get mad at me. i do not see any benefits.

Edited by Integrity

If you have to say that you're not bigoted (and follow it up with provisos that make absolutely no sense), then you probably are. 

You don't get a pass by saying you have friends who identify as a part of whatever group/orientation; just ask any Nazi (or Neo-nazi who said that "he has Jewish friends" that think that his behavior is just fine and dandy). You're being an asshat to that friend and whoever you come across in the internet or elsewhere.

Edited by Karimlan

On 12/26/2020 at 9:31 AM, Marche Raotzer said:

The "I have X friend, so Y isn't offensive or valid" argument is a fairly weak one. Especially when the point you're trying to make is a losing one compared to any reputable, recent science regarding the gender spectrum. Even Bill Nye has acknowledged it.

"I'm not racist, I have a black friend!"

"I'm not homophobic, I have a gay friend!"

Etc etc. Smh.

@Karimlan The way you worded that is kinda confusing, just "ask" any Nazi who says he has Jewish friends? Shouldn't that be "Just as any Nazi who says he has Jewish friends"?

Edited by Dragoncat

21 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

@Karimlan The way you worded that is kinda confusing, just "ask" any Nazi who says he has Jewish friends? Shouldn't that be "Just as any Nazi who says he has Jewish friends"?

I'm referring to accounts from the Nuremberg Trials where some of the major war criminals (Hermann Goering and his ilk) claimed that they had Jewish friends. Semantics aside, I maintain the point that the behavior doesn't fly just because one is on more-than-speaking-terms with someone belonging to whichever race/gender that's being blasted.

• 2 months later...
On 12/27/2020 at 8:53 PM, Integrity said:

i'm all for people dunking on that dumbass but he's already banned, you're shouting into the void

figured you ought to know

Was that in reference to Newtype Eldigan or Raotzer Whathisface? I'm trying to get into contact with Eldigan again for some help on an FE4 save file, and after a while I decided to check his latest posts and tracked his last ones to this topic. Was he the one banned or was it the other dude?

17 hours ago, Wildshot said:

Was that in reference to Newtype Eldigan or Raotzer Whathisface? I'm trying to get into contact with Eldigan again for some help on an FE4 save file, and after a while I decided to check his latest posts and tracked his last ones to this topic. Was he the one banned or was it the other dude?

The one that was banned was the one insisting that there were two genders despite mods being less-than-polite in their responses.  Eldigan looks like they simply haven't logged in since then.  Unfortunately, I don't keep track of people who don't log into SF.  Maybe you'll have better luck on another forum, if you know where else they'd hang out?

11 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The one that was banned was the one insisting that there were two genders despite mods being less-than-polite in their responses.  Eldigan looks like they simply haven't logged in since then.  Unfortunately, I don't keep track of people who don't log into SF.  Maybe you'll have better luck on another forum, if you know where else they'd hang out?

Ah. I unfortunately don't believe I'd know anywhere else to find him, I just encountered him after reading an FE4 thread that he posted in trying to work out the specifics of how the Project Naga glitchfixes mess with Seliph/Julia love point values. Thanks anyway.