We made a big profile change and you need to check (this is clickbait yo)

Integrity

On 11/5/2020 at 10:19 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Formal complaint to register, there is no 'Sire' option.

that's not a pronoun, dear, it's a title

For real though, I actually don't like this.

my condolences

Is it possible to make a slider option between Gender and Pronouns?

it is not

If the slider is set to Pronouns you get your Pronouns options, if it's set to Gender you get your male-female options. I feel it's discriminatory to those who believe in binary genders to force them to make preferred pronouns as I feel that it forces them to comply with rules they do not believe in.

you can, for instance, if you identify as a strongly cis man and have significant mental issues grappling with gender dysphoria, like, for instance, i do, just set your pronouns to he/him and it gives literally the same information to the reader as the old system did

Obviously I can't do anything about it when you inevitably say '(censored) you it stays as it is' but I figure I should at least make my opinion known.

fuck you it stays as it is

...Also I'm 100% serious about the 'Sire' option.

that's not a pronoun, dear, it's a title

I feel it's discriminatory to those who believe in binary genders to force them to make preferred pronouns as I feel that it forces them to comply with rules they do not believe in.

I am curious as to why you think this way. Regardless of anyone's beliefs on gender identity, we use pronouns. Whether you are someone who believes in a binary or does not, one way or another you communicate which pronouns people should refer to you as. If you were setting "male" on the previous gender indicator, the primary purpose of that was to allow people to know to call you He. This new thing is doing the exact same thing, just providing an extra option or two. What rules do you not believe in are you complying with through this?

• 1 year later...