Radiant Dawn little rebalance, massive Laguz rebalance

mangasdeouf

Hi,

Like I wrote in the last Laguz topic I've opened, I've worked on a Laguz rebalance patch with nightmare modules (can only mod class and unit stats/growths). Every non royal Laguz in this mod has the same stats in human form he/she would have in halfshift, since halfshift is so rare and I can't edit unit skills or their items/level. This means they have nearly their full form stats in halfshift and they have more in full form. Basically, they're close to capping several stats in full form while some of these stats are overcapped in human form (mostly speed). Human form has higher caps, especially in speed and defenses to follow the stats expected in halfshift.

Link to the Dropbox file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nyth7hd8ba0m4h/FE10Data.cms.decompressed.compressed?dl=0

DL wiiscrubber, lauch the program, select a Radiant Dawn game file (keep a backup), part 1 (there are part 0 and part 1), Data, Data.cms, right click, replace, wait until wiiscrubber confirms the patch has been applied, close, play on Dolphin.

By class: Tigers have 32 max speed in full form, don't remember the value in human form but it's higher than 16 (probably between 17 and 20).

Cats have higher def/res, 4 def lead for males, 4 res lead for females. Probably gave them higher max speed in human form, unchanged in full form. higher def/res caps in human form.

Wolves are the middle ground between cats and tigers, 36 or 38 max speed, 38 max str, better max stats in human form. got Volug in p1 he's bonkers with nearly his full form bases in halfshift. I'll keep wildheart on him for p3 I think so he doesn't become too hax. Still outdoing any DB unit before long.

Ravens are like cats, the nine tails of the skies (with canto on top), bumped thair human form move from 6 to 7 because they were the only non dragons to have 6 movemet in human form and 8 in Laguz form. Better caps both in full form and human form (34 strength in full form, Vika will be usable).

Hawks are like wolves, the middle ground between tigers and ravens. Basically you'll never need to use them in full form before the tower.

Why give that to Laguz? Since their only tool to fight all the time is halfshift and it's locked to DB and late GMs, I gave them their wildheart stats in human form. You'll be able to experience what a laguz would be if it had wildheart from the get go and then they won't need any level up to be tower-worthy, 24 base def Mordecai in human form with 13 speed, 48 def (overcapped) and 26 speed in full form, 21 base str = 42 in full form. Royal Laguz without formshift. Wildheart is their formshift. Actually except a few things (like tiger speed vs lions), they have better stats than the royals at some point. I buffed Nailah because of her availability (+1 base speed and +1 or 2 base strength, +1 base def), and Naesala because he's inferior to all other royals on top of having S strike instead of SS. I nerfed Tibarn (-1 movement because why did he have the highest in the game? lower speed I think, lower strength maybe).

I also modified a few things on Beorcs. Meg and Fiona have t3 stats very different from other classes of the same tree (since Fiona has 50 max HP, I bumped her def/res over 30, while Meg has more speed, more res and less def than generals). Generals all have the same caps, better than what they used to (40 def instead of 36-38, 32 or 33 speed instead of 30-31 for Brom, etc), Paladins also have better stat caps in t2 and 3 (basically paladin caps from gba in t2 with 24/20 def/res instead of 25/25, 1 less in offensive stats in t3 than in t2, 25/26/24 in t2, 34/35/33 in t3). Jill's t2 and 3 caps are modified (she far closer to Haar instead of being a completely different class, she's a female wyvern lord instead of female wyvern knight basically), better bases so you don't have to dump 3 stat boosters on her just to make her slightly better than "barely usable" and then you can give stat boosters to whoever you want. Astrid basically gained +2-+3 in every base stat, +5% speed growth. Rolf got +2 in almost every base stat. Gatrie got better stats but not incredibly more. Shinon has less def I think, more attack (since he's an archer, not a knight, and he faces many ennemies he can't kill without a crit in the first maps). Titania has different caps so she will not be the same. Falcons all have been buffed, their caps adapted, and Seraph knights are better than female sentinel (not higher caps but high enough where it matters unlike OG and more balanced, better offense). Sigrun is usable, Marcia too, Tanith is good. Nephenee was buffed in a non gamebreaking manner: +2 base speed (doesn't change her damage, only she can double more what she should already double if her weapon wasn't 3 Wt too heavy for her) and better hp/def (she has -6 or -8 hp compared with class base in OG, why even put class base stats for 1 unit and put negative numbers in unit base stats? Just like Mist and Volke). Brom has better bases, especially skl (since he needs some in order to disarm). Heather can actually steal heavy stuff (19 strength instead of 15, don't worry she's still using knives so she won't become better than Nephenee long term but she could be better short term). Swordies and thieves have better strength caps, Zihark has less shitty bulk, Mia has bases more fitting to her base level, Lucia is more usable in p4 and more Jaegen in p2, Aran has slightly better bases, Meg has instantly usable bases and has better stats than Nolan with 5 less levels than him (promoted her at 15 and she was better than Nolan 20/1).

CKs are overall more worthy of investment, Makalov is about on par with Kieran and Geoffrey, Danved has slightly better bases and 5% more growths to stay relevant. No one should die in 1 hit in their recruitment chapter I hope, at least not one hit from mooks, including Rhys and Mist, and Laura.

Micaiah is actually funny to use, don't get tricked by her bases, her growths are worth it (twisted Myrrh's growth rates a little), magic classes stat caps are more GBA-level good (not as much insane def as in GBA games but the rest is approximately on par). Ilyana is biffy mage (not ultra biffy but more able to take a hit than any non-Micaiah mage), Soren is faster at base (he can hope to double some day), Beautiful lady fire sage is good, Tromod got like +4 everywhere to make up for shitty availability. Bastian is more usable, basically 0 investment for a t3 Soren. Tauroneo is bulkier at base. Nolan has good base speed and 10 base def. etc. I don't spoil everything, basically everyone's usable.

Have fun!

Edited by mangasdeouf

7 hours ago, mangasdeouf said:

Micaiah is actually funny to use, don't get tricked by her bases, her growths are worth it (twisted Myrrh's growth rates a little

Still doesn't fix one of my major issues with her, namely her awful promotion times.

7 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Still doesn't fix one of my major issues with her, namely her awful promotion times.

she doesn't promote earlier, but she actually caps HP mag res quite fast, so you can BEXP her spd/def if you want. She has >100% growth in HP/mag and res.

Wait, why cant you edit their levels and such? Either way, you can also edit how much gauge they gain/lose during battle as well. 

All of those things are easily doable.

Is this an inflation mod of sorts?

Edited by lightcosmo

9 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, why cant you edit their levels and such? Either way, you can also edit how much gauge they gain/lose during battle as well. 

All of those things are easily doable.

Is this an inflation mod of sorts?

How? I only found the class and the growth modules for Nightmare, nothing about item and map placement/level or gauge. Is it even with Nightmare? I'd sure like to be able to make Nolan a prepromote with actual base stats (since his bases are barely better than Meg's level 3 bases while he's already level 9), like a Tauroneo lite, without letting him grow out of control because of growths + promo gains. Having actual base res would also be quite cool, because having a high growth in a stat very low with a low cap as well isn't the best use of an unit that desperately needs something else, but giving him 10 res in t1 would be overkill...same for other units, if Jill was already in t2 with stats worth something, she could effectively be as good as Haar, but she isn't because although she's t1 while her companions are t2 (even though she had more time to fight and more move to get to the fight than the others in POR so she should already be as high level as Tauroneo with no doubt) and even for a t1 her bases are godawful, not even able to wield any axe over iron without loosing AS.

I'd also like if Titania was a t3 unit at join with early promoted stats, it would make her a real oifey that falls off in lategame but carries the GMs in their very hard first maps where they basically copy/paste DB performance in p1 but with ennemies who can crit (ch 2 boss is really scary, 37 attack 18 spd, good HP/def, tomahawk and good crit rate, on top of leadership stars for insane accuracy...)

I've made a second patch better than the previous one, going to edit if I am allowed to because I couldn't bare the mediocrity of DB anymore so I gave them base worthy of GMs (well I thought I gave Jill awesome bonuses but even with how many bonus stats I gave her I still find she sucks, seriously she should have been a pegasus knight with those growths, like, all DB units but Aran should be pegasi, none of them focus on str/def/hp but all on spd/res and some on luck, some on skill...for a group that faces 80% physical ennemies in p1 and 95% of physical ennemies in p3 their statspread is garbage and Volug has great bases in OG but lacks def growth to be really good in p3 and later, although dragonshield helps, but in my mod Volug is SSS tier for real, like he can dodge a meteor shot from 2 ledges higher than he is and even if he takes it it only deals 20-30 damage before pure water).

Dawn Brigade should be renamed the footsoldier pegasus brigade, Nolan ate a seraph robe before the game starts but he's like overlevelled pegasus with level 5 base stats lol, Edward beats him in every non hp/str/def/res stat for all of p1 and actually becomes stronger if you use him, Nolan only has the advantage of base HP and Tarvos, otherwise he'd be even worse than Edward. Aso earth affinity on a fighter for whatever reason, an affinity that would've been much smarter to give to Edward while Nolan could've appreciated water, double water with Leo for 3 atk/def + tarvos would have benefitted him far more than earth since dodge tanking ennemies and hitting them with near constant +15 hit/avo on their side and nothing for the player army...isn't the most reliable, especially when you cap speed when the part you're the most useful in is already finished. He doesn't even have good luck to dodge effectively (same problem as Zihark, Edward with his luck and Caladbolg would really have been the best earth affinity user alongside Volug's automatic 13-28 luck with his 90% growth) and honestly, wouldn't everyone like a Nolan with +7 def when Tarvos is equipped? +3 def for p1? I bet this would give the DawnBrigade exactly what they want and need, instead of everyone having paper defense and the jaegen not even having capped t1 def when in full form...the ennemies have 25 damage in ch5 FFS, and no one has even 15 def by then, nor do they have enough hp to up for that, even the seraph robe doesn't suddenly give them hulking bulk since their defense is still subpar.

You can indeed change this!

Well, using Reyson as an example here: Assuming this is an NTSC RD.

open a hex editor ( I use HxD) and hit Ctrl+G to goto an offset. Enter 1857 and hit enter, then it should bring you to a set of letters that show FB. Now, knowing that Reyson loses 5 points of transformation gauge after battling, we can use a calculator to check this. So open a calculator and change it to scientific mode, than enter -5 in the decimal area, and if you look at the results in the Hex are, you will see FB there, that would be -5 in Hex. So to change it, either use a calculator to do the math or add it yourself, pretty simple.

An example from another thread. 

Also, levels are stored in there and in chapter data as well.

10 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

You can indeed change this!

Well, using Reyson as an example here: Assuming this is an NTSC RD.

open a hex editor ( I use HxD) and hit Ctrl+G to goto an offset. Enter 1857 and hit enter, then it should bring you to a set of letters that show FB. Now, knowing that Reyson loses 5 points of transformation gauge after battling, we can use a calculator to check this. So open a calculator and change it to scientific mode, than enter -5 in the decimal area, and if you look at the results in the Hex are, you will see FB there, that would be -5 in Hex. So to change it, either use a calculator to do the math or add it yourself, pretty simple.

An example from another thread. 

Also, levels are stored in there and in chapter data as well.

I DLed HxD, loaded RD clean disc in HxD, but now all I get is a massive number of code lines with nothing understandable except the game title. If you have tips, they are very welcome (the text looks like it's random, nothing forms a single word, like a series of letters and symbols instead of proper words, so I can't understand what it means).

1 hour ago, mangasdeouf said:

I DLed HxD, loaded RD clean disc in HxD, but now all I get is a massive number of code lines with nothing understandable except the game title. If you have tips, they are very welcome (the text looks like it's random, nothing forms a single word, like a series of letters and symbols instead of proper words, so I can't understand what it means).

Try using this tool to make edits.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y5zudoop2ykw9p/FE10GameData Tools.7z?dl=0

If so, then it's as simple as loading your FE10Data.cms into it to export a spreadsheet and make edits. 

That's probably alot easier for someone that doesnt know hex.

Edited by lightcosmo

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Try using this tool to make edits.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y5zudoop2ykw9p/FE10GameData Tools.7z?dl=0

If so, then it's as simple as loading your FE10Data.cms into it to export a spreadsheet and make edits. 

That's probably alot easier for someone that doesnt know hex.

Thanks, I was beginning the reading of the massive Vincent ASM hacking notes posts, but I may keep it for later, when I've already used a bit of HxD and been used to the program.

How do you use the Rebuild and Extract files? I opened them in HxD, it only opened new tabs but didn't change anything about the Data.cms.decompressed file and there is no "Read me".

Edited by mangasdeouf

27 minutes ago, mangasdeouf said:

Thanks, I was beginning the reading of the massive Vincent ASM hacking notes posts, but I may keep it for later, when I've already used a bit of HxD and been used to the program.

How do you use the Rebuild and Extract files? I opened them in HxD, it only opened new tabs but didn't change anything about the Data.cms.decompressed file and there is no "Read me".

There should be a script you can throw data.cms into that comes with the download to extract it.

It's simply called Create FE10Datatable Base. 

Keep in mind the file you put in should have no edits at all. Ripped straight from the game using WiiScrubber.

Edited by lightcosmo

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

There should be a script you can throw data.cms into that comes with the download to extract it.

It's simply called Create FE10Datatable Base. 

Keep in mind the file you put in should have no edits at all. Ripped straight from the game using WiiScrubber.

I answered you in PM not to flood the topic.