Sliver Snow Maddening Run Completed!

After a few months of struggling to find time to finish my first maddening run, just yesterday I completed Sliver Snow Maddening (With NG+)

How was it? It was fun honestly! I didn't mind the early game hurdles, after getting used to the craziness this mode had to offer I think they can have 30+ reinforcements coming after me and I'll be peachy!

My Team

Male Byleth - Wyvern Lord = He did great, It was a bit difficult to get to Wyvern Lord but when he did, he became a Sword Flier of doom. Had to give him a Strength booster from the DLC for Chapter 13. He also dodge tanked with Ferdinand.

Ferdinand- Wyvern Lord = Once he got Avoid Stance, enemies would barely touch him, he helped bring clusters of enemies for the rest of the group to finish off. He had a bit of a strength issue but it sat at a good 34. After getting Swift Strikes, it didn't bother me as much.

Dorothea- Gremory = I heard that she wasn't a good mage or more so decent by many in the community  but she was great during my run. Sure she's not Lysithea but Meteor and Thoron was good enough for me to spam. She also provided heals when I didn't want Mercedes to waste Physic points. She oddly had more HP than a few of the mages (Definitely because I had HP + 5 on her, she almost had 50 HP)

Bernadetta- Sniper = She became Hunter Volley the character. I wish there was a way for me take advantage of her personal skill but I was too nervous to risk her getting hit. When she got Bow cirt + 10 she was destroying Demonic Beasts.

Petra- Wyvern Lord = I love Petra, I really do. But unfortunately because I made her focus on Axes more than Swords, she couldn't dodge tank as much as Byleth and Ferdinand. She definitely doubled with Axes which I appreciated. She was also the fastest out of the group. For the final battle she used the ballista to break the barrier of the final boss and flew away with Canto.

Linhardt- Dancer = He dance, he danced but mainly he danced.

Felix- Warmaster = Felix helped a lot with his high damage output and tanked some damage because of the Aegis Shield. He utterly destroyed a lot of things with crits and or his crest. I was a bit concerned of his strength being low but he proved me wrong by sitting at a good 38-39 strength.  If I was nervous about a map Felix would just simply say "TOO SLOW" in which I would respond thanks Felix I think I got this now! Love this man!

Sylvain- Paladin = The living example of virgin to chad. Pre-Time Skip I had my fears with Sylvain mainly because his stats were a little low and I couldn't have him on the field because I needed to make sure the BE students were good enough to survive Reunion at Dawn. After the time-skip, the moment he got Swift Strikes he destroyed everything in two strikes. After that his stats started rising up to places where I needed them to be and he popped the final boss. Thank you Sylvain, you saved the world! (Though Felix got MVP of that map)

Lysithea- Valkyrie = Valkyrie Lysithea was amazing, she sat there and threw spells without getting into danger especially with Thyrsus and the added range of Valkyrie. As expected Lysithea nuked a lot of things and warped characters in case I needed to kill the boss before I got myself into trouble or warp Mercedes in a safe position. Please please use Valkyrie for your mages, I guaranteed they'll serve you well.  

Ignatz- Bow Wyvern Lord = As a fan of Ignatz, I knew I had to use him for something, he was the most accurate character out of everyone in the group. Similar to Sylvain I couldn't have him on the field because I needed to make sure the BE students were good enough to survive Reunion at Dawn. He debuffed the enemy and sometimes crit the enemy. Ignatz never lets me down.

Mercedes- Bishop = She was the teams primary healer. She was behind everyone because she unfortunately gets 1 Timeskip Autolevel, but by the end of the run she caught up. Her fortify helped alot.

Yuri- Trickster = The character I married. I was hoping Yuri would have been a awesome character but his strength was at a mere 26. I tried changing him to Swordmaster to hopefully raise his strength up a few points but unfortunately it mainly increased his speed even more. He then helped the team by his foul play shenanigans, his hero relic and his recover spell. If I could have made him a different class, It would have been Warmaster. He did have a good BST score so that's something.

And that's about it folks! I'm glad to finally do a maddening run. I do want to do a Crimson Flower run to complete all four routes... is what I would love to say but I accidently overwrote my GD(My first playthrough at launch) file so Golden Deer would be the last route to complete.

Thank you guys!

Edited by DragonNexus3608

2 hours ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Yuri- Trickster = The character I married. I was hoping Yuri would have been a awesome character but his strength was at a mere 26. I tried changing him to Swordmaster to hopefully raise his strength up a few points but unfortunately it mainly increased his speed even more. He then helped the team by his foul play shenanigans, his hero relic and his recover spell. If I could have made him a different class, It would have been Warmaster. He did have a good BST score so that's something.

Can confirm, War Master Yuri is so, so, so much fun.

Anyway, great job! Welcome to the Maddening club! It definitely gets easier after a few chapters, but those beginning maps can be awful.

1 minute ago, Anathaco said:

Can confirm, War Master Yuri is so, so, so much fun.

Anyway, great job! Welcome to the Maddening club! It definitely gets easier after a few chapters, but those beginning maps can be awful.

Oh? I'm interested in hearing about his overall peformance! Tell me about it, I'm sure Brawl Avoid + 20 was apart of the final build right? I really love Yuri and I wanna use him to his full potential.

Funnily enough I thought I should have made Linhardt a Dark Knight and Yuri the Dancer but everything was set in stone. 

1 hour ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Oh? I'm interested in hearing about his overall peformance! Tell me about it, I'm sure Brawl Avoid + 20 was apart of the final build right? I really love Yuri and I wanna use him to his full potential.

Funnily enough I thought I should have made Linhardt a Dark Knight and Yuri the Dancer but everything was set in stone. 

Not getting Brawl Avo + 20 was my one regret with this build lol. I wrote about it a fair while back, but I'll put it here. I also realised I didn't include his final skillset, but it was Fistfaire, Brawl Prowess 5, Death Blow, Brawl Crit + 10 and Authority 5 (in retrospect I don't know why I didn't put something better here, but eh). It's not like he's the best War Master ever or anything, but his insane speed + his personal with a pair of gauntlets really makes this class work super well on him. And spoilers for down  below, but I never got to grab a photo of him lol. I'll try and grab one later today, to get his stats.

EDIT: Here be a photo: 

On 9/18/2020 at 6:13 PM, Anathaco said:

Yuri:

Hide contents

When I saw his personal ability, my first thought was "huh he'd make a decent Grappler, despite his meh strength growth". So I started this run with the intention of building him for that purpose. I trained his axes up until he could reach Brigand for Death Blow, and trained him in brawling + authority for the rest of the run. At the beginning I didn't think too much of it, but at some point I realised that my Yuri had ended up with a strength stat to rival even Byleth, and a speed stat that was leaving most Maddening enemies in the dust. So I figured, if he was gonna quad everything anyway, what was the point of leaving him with Grappler if its main selling point was only 3 attacks?

I gave him some strength boosters and refocused on his axes in the last few pretimeskip chapters, and with the extra levels he got over the timeskip, he actually managed to certify as a War Master in time for Chapter 14. I thought he was nuts one-rounding the Flame Emperor in Ch11/12 and annihilating monsters with the help of a dancer. Hoo boy. The pegasus knights on that map are strong, but even they couldn't survive 4 attacks from Yuri (yes, he could even quad pegasus knights). Enemies from then on just melted before him, even the rare ones who were fast enough to avoid getting quadded. With the Fetters of Dromi, he could also move out of the way to keep him from dying to a retaliation from the dead guy's buddies, or proc its pavise/aegis effect, which came in clutch a fair few times, actually.

Definitely his defining moment was Claude's paralogue, where after noting that the sand was stopping him from doing a lot that map, we made it to the Wind Caller himself, and Yuri casually shredded through his health bars with a pair of Killer Knuckles after the rest of my units struggled to face him without dying or doing pitiful damage (shout-out to the bandit leader on that map, who hit a 30% disturbance on WC that broke a tile and let me stun him completely- the map was made so much easier by you, my friend). He faced some accuracy issues around Chapter 19, so I ended up switching him to the Edmund Troops after that map (he had the King Of Lions Corps- losing 5 physical attack hurt, but that accuracy boost was a godsend from then until the endgame), but other than that his performance was damn near perfect the whole game.

Admittedly idk how much of this was War Master being absurdly broken compared to Yuri being a god, but I can't deny that a unit as fast as Yuri + a personal that gives easy damage + gauntlets = a lot of dead guys and MVP moments. 

I'll see if I can find a way to get a capture of his final stats off my switch later

B1F220AD-A95D-47F3-92DE-3AF9D8F01E94.jpeg

Edited by Anathaco

3 minutes ago, Anathaco said:

Not getting Brawl Avo + 20 was my one regret with this build lol. I wrote about it a fair while back, but I'll put it here. I also realised I didn't include his final skillset, but it was Fistfaire, Brawl Prowess 5, Death Blow, Brawl Crit + 10 and Authority 5 (in retrospect I don't know why I didn't put something better here, but eh). It's not like he's the best War Master ever or anything, but his insane speed + his personal with a pair of gauntlets really makes this class work super well on him. And spoilers for down  below, but I never got to grab a photo of him lol. I'll try and grab one later today, to get his stats.

I already love this! I'll do this build soon! Thank you! Any other suggestions?

1 hour ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

I already love this! I'll do this build soon! Thank you! Any other suggestions?

Another fun build I did that run was War Monk Constance (I did that run with the express purpose of using the Wolves for the first time- in case you're curious, I did Great Knight Balthus, who turned out great because I actively farmed defence boosters for him and made him literally invincible, and Gremory Hapi, who was eventually relegated to adjutant duty). I trained her in brawling and faith from the start and used Mystic Blow while she was in commoner to get the most damage she could and to train brawling before she went into mage. I put her in mage using her base reason rank (i think I save scummed the exam), and mastered Fiendish Blow from that. Because she actually fell off while she was using her spells only, she didn't master it until Level 20 for War Monk and A brawling for Aura Knuckles, which worked out nicely, so I could complete every facet of the build at once. Even with the low might of Aura Knuckles, a unit with that much magic guaranteed to attack twice is almost as devastating as WM Yuri was. Super fun and carried me hard at points, between her ORKO potential and her access to Rescue.

Speaking of Yuri I ended up getting a photo of his final map stats- those included +4 to everything from cooking the Best of Fodlan 4 times in the last month.

11 hours ago, Anathaco said:

EDIT: Here be a photo: 

B1F220AD-A95D-47F3-92DE-3AF9D8F01E94.jpeg

That's alot of Strength, Speed and Luck! I can't wait to try this on a different route. 

9 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Another fun build I did that run was War Monk Constance (I did that run with the express purpose of using the Wolves for the first time- in case you're curious, I did Great Knight Balthus, who turned out great because I actively farmed defence boosters for him and made him literally invincible, and Gremory Hapi, who was eventually relegated to adjutant duty). I trained her in brawling and faith from the start and used Mystic Blow while she was in commoner to get the most damage she could and to train brawling before she went into mage. I put her in mage using her base reason rank (i think I save scummed the exam), and mastered Fiendish Blow from that. Because she actually fell off while she was using her spells only, she didn't master it until Level 20 for War Monk and A brawling for Aura Knuckles, which worked out nicely, so I could complete every facet of the build at once. Even with the low might of Aura Knuckles, a unit with that much magic guaranteed to attack twice is almost as devastating as WM Yuri was. Super fun and carried me hard at points, between her ORKO potential and her access to Rescue.

Speaking of Yuri I ended up getting a photo of his final map stats- those included +4 to everything from cooking the Best of Fodlan 4 times in the last month.

I was thinking about doing a Mortal Savant Constance to try something new out. I'm surprised that someone used Great Knight! I was thinking about doing a Hero!Balthus for that amazing enemy phase.

17 hours ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

That's alot of Strength, Speed and Luck! I can't wait to try this on a different route. 

I was thinking about doing a Mortal Savant Constance to try something new out. I'm surprised that someone used Great Knight! I was thinking about doing a Hero!Balthus for that amazing enemy phase.

Great Knight is one of my personal favourite classes in the game, even if it sucks lol. I try and use at least one every playthrough for the meme.

Hero Balthus is another class I wanna try on him after my current playthrough where I'm going War Master (though I am passing through Hero for that sweet sweet defiant strength.

And Mortal Savant Constance low key sounds great- I was surprised in my playthrough how bulky she could get at times, what with War Monk's bases, her personal giving her a bit extra on the sunny maps, and Brawl Avo + 20 letting her dodge a few hits. A Constance that could survive one or two rounds of combat was not something I expected going in lol. Mortal Savant is slightly bulkier than War Monk, so you might actually be able to trust her on enemy phase occasionally. Add Soulblade and her own spells and I think she'll do super well.