Crimson Flower Maddening Run

Hey everyone! So after I completed my Sliver Snow Maddening NG+ run I wanted to automatically jump into Crimson Flower aka the only route I haven't completed. To spice things up a bit for this run I wanted to change the final classes for the BE students. 

Byleth- Warmaster

Edelgard- Wyvern Lord (Should I make her a Dark Flier to get Transmute?)

Hubert- Dark Knight with Bow usage

Ferdinand- Grappler or Warmaster-  I thought of Grappler so Ferdinand's crest has triple the chance of activating

Caspar- Wyvern Lord

Bernadetta- Falcon Knight with Lance Prowess

Linhardt- Bishop

Petra- Sniper I made her a Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord so I wanted to try something new

Dorothea - Benched mainly because Hubert is being used for this run 

Extra characters:

Constance- Mortal Savant or Dark Flier (I know MS is considered bad but I want to try out a Soulblade build, also I hear that her accuracy is low, should I add Hit + 20 or Uncanny Blow?)

Felix- Bow Knight

Jertiza- Wyvern Lord or Death Knight

Yuri or Ingrid for a Dodge Tank Dancer. Yuri could apparently use Silence with Poison Strike damage. Ingrid could dodge about anything really.

Is this a good team? Give me your thoughts.

Definitely recommend keeping Dorothea since Meteor support for the entire team (even including 2-3 of your planned recruits) is a big deal, especially on Maddening where enemies actually get some avo.

Ferdinand's crest only prevents counterattacks; Fierce Iron Fist shouldn't leave many enemies able to counter, if you build him properly (Death Blow + str optimization). Not saying to not do the build, just that his crest won't matter much. If anything I'd consider swapping his build with Caspar's, since the latter has +brawling and Bombard (useful before FIF shows up), while the former can become a good dodgetank with Alert Stance.

Petra is better as a bow knight than sniper because the only thing sniper has going for it is Hunter's Volley, while Petra is so fast she should be able to double many things without it (and quad with the Brave Bow/Inexhustible). I like her as higher-str classes even more, but she's a solid archer.

If you're worried about Constance's accuracy, go Mortal Savant instead of Dark Flier. There's no good +mag flying battalion that also gives +hit. That said, Valkyrie would also fx that up with Uncanny Blow, if you're willing to train six skills (sword/reason/faith/auth/flying/riding) on one unit.

Getting Edelgard transmute seems like a big waste of time. Wyvern Lord is outstanding for her, though.

Looks good otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Definitely recommend keeping Dorothea since Meteor support for the entire team (even including 2-3 of your planned recruits) is a big deal, especially on Maddening where enemies actually get some avo.

Ferdinand's crest only prevents counterattacks; Fierce Iron Fist shouldn't leave many enemies able to counter, if you build him properly (Death Blow + str optimization). Not saying to not do the build, just that his crest won't matter much. If anything I'd consider swapping his build with Caspar's, since the latter has +brawling and Bombard (useful before FIF shows up), while the former can become a good dodgetank with Alert Stance.

Petra is better as a bow knight than sniper because the only thing sniper has going for it is Hunter's Volley, while Petra is so fast she should be able to double many things without it (and quad with the Brave Bow/Inexhustible). I like her as higher-str classes even more, but she's a solid archer.

If you're worried about Constance's accuracy, go Mortal Savant instead of Dark Flier. There's no good +mag flying battalion that also gives +hit. That said, Valkyrie would also fx that up with Uncanny Blow, if you're willing to train six skills (sword/reason/faith/auth/flying/riding) on one unit.

Getting Edelgard transmute seems like a big waste of time. Wyvern Lord is outstanding for her, though.

Looks good otherwise.

Thinking about it. Maybe Felix should be the Sniper because he's fast and has a crest for regular physical damage. The issue for Dorothea is that I used her as a Dancer and Gremory which are her main two options. The classes of Ferdinand and Caspar are a bit tricky now thinking about it, Caspar has Bombard and Mighty Blow while Ferdinand has avoid tank niche to him.

1 hour ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Thinking about it. Maybe Felix should be the Sniper because he's fast and has a crest for regular physical damage. The issue for Dorothea is that I used her as a Dancer and Gremory which are her main two options. The classes of Ferdinand and Caspar are a bit tricky now thinking about it, Caspar has Bombard and Mighty Blow while Ferdinand has avoid tank niche to him.

I’ve used Felix as a Sniper. And for me he does well. Plus his crest can activate when using a regular attack like forged killer’s bow or brave bow, etc. There is also Hunter’s Volley which allows him to double attack in case he can’t double on his own

6 hours ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Ferdinand- Grappler or Warmaster-  I thought of Grappler so Ferdinand's crest has triple the chance of activating

Does it work like this? My impression was, combat art crests have one chance of activating per use of combat art. Not one chance per hit. But I may be wrong. Anyway these classes work for Ferdinand, obviously you wanna go Brigand for Death Blow. Certifying in Armor Knight can help his bulk, too.

Training in Reason, Riding, Lances, and Bows? Likely Faith and Authority, too? Sounds like you might be spreading yourself too thin. If you want to use Bows, how about a Bow Knight build? He'll lose spells, but he'll have more movement and attack range. It takes a while to get the Magic Bow, so I'd suggest Cavalier -> Paladin (taking advantage of Frozen Lance), then Bow Knight. Archer and Mage might be worth stopovers, too, for their mastery skills.

Personally, I don't see working her Reason up to B+ as worth it, if she's finishing in a flying class. Transmute, too, strikes me as situational. Unless you're going for a Lightning Axe flier build, in which case, you'll definitely want Mage mastery too.

I think Dorothea is still worth using, for a little while. She can provide additional Physic support, and Rally Charm - plus longer-range spells in Thoron and Meteor, which also help linked attack bonuses. If you must drop her, she can at least function as a healing adjutant.

Yuri or Ingrid for a Dodge Tank Dancer. Yuri could apparently use Silence with Poison Strike damage. Ingrid could dodge about anything really.

Ingrid, I see as an ideal Dancer. Sword boon, Riding Boon (Mv+1), solid Charm, and a Crest (for the Fetters of Dromi). She can also dodgetank quite well - but the problem is, she wants Alert Stance for this. But if you want her dancing on player phase, she can't "Wait" to benefit from Alert Stance. So there's some compromise required.

Also, Silence triggers Poison Strike? That's wild.

The rest sound pretty good, with the caveat that I would recommend adding a physical tank unit. One who can lure in multiple fast physical enemies (Grapplers, Assassins), and take very little damage in return. Balthus is especially good at this, but Ferdinand or Caspar could work, as could a recruited Alois, Raphael, or Sylvain.

16 hours ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Hey everyone! So after I completed my Sliver Snow Maddening NG+ run I wanted to automatically jump into Crimson Flower aka the only route I haven't completed. To spice things up a bit for this run I wanted to change the final classes for the BE students. 

Byleth- Warmaster

Caspar- Wyvern Lord

Bernadetta- Falcon Knight with Lance Prowess

Linhardt- Bishop

Petra- Sniper I made her a Falcon Knight and Wyvern Lord so I wanted to try something new

Extra characters:

Constance- Mortal Savant or Dark Flier (I know MS is considered bad but I want to try out a Soulblade build, also I hear that her accuracy is low, should I add Hit + 20 or Uncanny Blow?)

Felix- Bow Knight

Jertiza- Wyvern Lord or Death Knight

Is this a good team? Give me your thoughts.

It might be a good idea to focus on faith a little with Ferdinand to grab Brawl Avo + 20 from War Monk. Combine that with his personal and you'll have yourself a great dodgetank who can also kill stuff effectively on player phase. Whether or not its worth going into War Master is up to you and how Ferdie levels- I like to promote my Grapplers if they've been doing well statwise (so in that sense it literally is a promotion).

In my experience, Constance's accuracy is only ever poor at the beginning. High hit battalions like Ordelia Sorcery Co, Macuil Evil Repelling Co, etc, fix it up once you get them, along with the ability to get A supports and get more mileage out of linked attacks. If you want it, Hit + 20 would probably be easiest to grab because it only needs C (read: D+) bows, compared to B riding. Other than that, my tips would be to glue an adjutant to her for the permanent hit bonus, and keep an accuracy ring in her inventory if you need to patch up her hit in a pinch, but it shouldn't be super bad for too long.

Edmund Troops (Marianne's paralogue) give an insane +40 Hit at level 5 as well as +5 MAtk/Atk, so that's a good one for Constance. It does mean she loses a bit of attack but her magic is so insanely high she probably won't miss it.

Your team is fine, it's NG+ so you can do whatever the hell you want and you'll still be fine. Jeritza is fun to use and requires pretty much no investment as a Death Knight.

Not to mention that his own battalion, is a rank B battalion and he already comes with Authority rank B. You can even do Darting Blow + Battalion Desperation + Brave Lance combo. Nothing really wants to stand up to something like that when he is rocking Lancefaire. Having Death Blow also compliments this strategy quite well and having movement +1 also helps him get in range. Now sure using Brave Lance can be expensive to use since it costs Woltz Steel to repair, but as long as you keep feeding the cats and dogs you might eventually stock up more on them. And doing monster battles might also help as well

5 hours ago, Agro said:

Edmund Troops (Marianne's paralogue) give an insane +40 Hit at level 5 as well as +5 MAtk/Atk, so that's a good one for Constance. It does mean she loses a bit of attack but her magic is so insanely high she probably won't miss it.

Your team is fine, it's NG+ so you can do whatever the hell you want and you'll still be fine. Jeritza is fun to use and requires pretty much no investment as a Death Knight.

I'm limiting myself from the options of NG+, if anything the only thing thats being used is the statues. I wanna try to recruit characters without using the journal. I'll try to not automatically increase my professor rank to A+ or use renown for weapon ranks.

4 hours ago, DragonNexus3608 said:

Im thinking about it. If I were to make Bernie as a Falcon Knight would I basically build her as if it was Ingrid? The Axe boon is a bit worrying but I could handle it. 

Depends. If you want her to use Vengeance, mainly, then you basically want strength (so stuff like death blow, strength + 2, etc.) on her, plus HP as well, and more avoid is counterintuitive to the build. Personally the lack of a guard adjutant makes me hesitant to use Vengeance on a flier, so if you don’t want to rely on it then yeah, stack avoid and build her like Ingrid. If you want to activate her personal but she can’t get hit, use the devil axe or cursed ashiya sword to damage her.

And yeah, axe bane is annoying but workable IMO. You can always stop at D+ axes and save scum the exam from there

Edited by Anathaco

On 10/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, Anathaco said:

Depends. If you want her to use Vengeance, mainly, then you basically want strength (so stuff like death blow, strength + 2, etc.) on her, plus HP as well, and more avoid is counterintuitive to the build. Personally the lack of a guard adjutant makes me hesitant to use Vengeance on a flier, so if you don’t want to rely on it then yeah, stack avoid and build her like Ingrid. If you want to activate her personal but she can’t get hit, use the devil axe or cursed ashiya sword to damage her.

The lack of a guard adjutant sucks, no question. But one other tactic to get her into Vengeance range is having an ally cast the Blessing gambit.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, Anathaco said:

And yeah, axe bane is annoying but workable IMO. You can always stop at D+ axes and save scum the exam from there

In this case, training her in Axes can also mean getting into Wyvern Rider, for more range and damage over Pegasus Knight.