Forging Bonds: In Her Service!

Diovani Bressan

A new Forging Bonds event is here!

SoGqE9m.png

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Catherine, Flayn, Seteth and Shamir, the new Heroes from the "Goddess's Servants" banner.

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

Yeah... no.

We've gone right back to how Forging Bonds used to be: one Askr trio per person, and then someone gets a brick wall to talk to, and it's all overall boring as hell.

Catherine: Alfonse
Shamir: Sharena
Seteth: Anna
Flayn: training dummy

Edited by Xenomata

I could see Seteth chatting with Alfonse. They both have overly ditzy ''little sisters'' that might cause them to worry. Though the difference being that Alfonse seems to trust Sharena while Seteth...

23 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

We've gone right back to how Forging Bonds used to be: one Askr trio per person, and then someone gets a brick wall to talk to, and it's all overall boring as hell.

Really? Its so weird that Heroes does so well with Forging bonds but insists on occasionally going back to the way no one liked it. At least it wasn't Seteth getting screwed over. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Flayn: training dummy

Chapter 12 spoilers for those who haven't played through them yet.

Spoiler

Alfonse, but he is in a dream within a dream within a nightmare while he's dead, dying, or not. I don't know. Chapter 12 stuff.

A training dummy would be a better conversation partner than the summoner. A training dummy has expressions if you draw on it and they will unfeelingly care and listen to your words. The summoner is like talking to a pile of shit.

Edited by Kaden

Uuuuughhh... Seteth's convoes seem like they'll just be Anna being all "yeah, there's a lot of us" again. >_< Flayn's talking to Kiran again, too... Being an arachnophobe, Shamir's accessory is a big, flat "NOPE" for me, too. And though the first part of the story is fine, the second part... Ugh, Seteth's out of character. "Just off sulking somewhere?" He'd be WAY more concerned for Flayn than that! Too dismissive.

That said, Shamir's conversation looks interesting. I have a guess as to who the one mentioned in her B support is.

Spoiler

Xane. The guy just got introduced and he can transform into people, plus he didn't get his own FB, and IS may have wanted to make one for him.

Catherine's looks kind of interesting, too.

Edit: @Etrurian emperor

Actually, I think Seteth got a pretty bad one, though admittedly I've only read the C support. Flayn's acting kind of cute and doing okay talking to herself Kiran, but Seteth's conversation is showcasing Anna more than him... I'm so tired of the whole "we're all Anna but different" thing. The one in 3H can't even be mistaken for the other ones...

Edited by Mercakete

9 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

@Fabulously Olivier

Hide contents

No, have Seteth talk to Hector. Then have Flayn and Lilina talk to boys.

Even better. 

Spoiler

Lilina talking to Roy is really obvious. But who would Flayn talk to? It's not like she has an obvious pairing, and the one that makes the most sense, Cyril, isn't even a support partner.

Maybe Flayn could talk to lots of guys, including ones from other worlds and really get under daddy's skin.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Ugh, Seteth's out of character. "Just off sulking somewhere?" He'd be WAY more concerned for Flayn than that! Too dismissive.

Glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. While I didn't mind his portrayal in his convos, in the main story, he seemed weirdly jerky. Seteth can come across a bit curt, but he is actually a pretty nice guy, just very cautious and a bit stern. In these he was just being kind of a jerk to Flayn.

7 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Really? Its so weird that Heroes does so well with Forging bonds but insists on occasionally going back to the way no one liked it. At least it wasn't Seteth getting screwed over. 

To be fair, it's not exactly that. What people hated was all four characters gushing over how amazing the summoner was with literally no interaction with any actual characters. When they first introduced this format, IIRC the one where Alfonse was talking to Caineghis and I forget who the rest had, people loved it because it was actually showing how the characters interacted with the Order of Heroes and gave the Askr trio some characterization, which they still largely lack, while showing off the FB characters' personalities a little. This one does feel kind of regressive since there's no other characters, but at least it isn't the format that causes such an uproar.

For me, this FB is fine. I really like all the characters, but this isn't doing much for me. Flayn's is cute because Flayn's a sweetheart. Seteth's is kind of fun but is still just Anna with a get-rich-quick scheme. Catherine's is pretty dull. Shamir's seems like it might be interesting what with the imposter but I don't have overly high hopes. The main story is whatever. Seteth is being a dick and seems like someone who had a passing knowledge of him wrote it rather than someone who actually understood his character. Catherine and Shamir, in their own and in the main story, both seem kind of bland and a tiny bit off, again like someone who got bullet points on them wrote it rather than someone who really understood the characters. Flayn seems the best in her story, though I know her the least of the 4, and in the main story, it's just really hard to get past how off Seteth seems. Overall, it's not the worst one, but that's because worst FB is a very low bar, and I have a fondness for these characters that's nothing to do with their portrayals here.

Edited by bottlegnomes

I'm not surprised that this FB is lackluster compared to the previous, non 3H ones and it's exactly because this is a 3H [the newest and hottest FE game made by Tecmo Koei ISTM for Nintendo Switch] Forging Bonds. Wanna know more about this characters? Go buy Fire Emblem Three Houses *repeat what I said between brackets*. 

IS is really inconsistent when it comes to new games, they reveal stuff like Flame Emperor's identity or Nemesis without a care in the world but when it comes to giving the characters some convos that explore a few aspects of their character they refuse to do it because the game is still new. Guess this show IS gives supports and the like more weight than whatever happens during the main campaign. 

They'll probably ease up on this whenever they announce the next FE game, whatever it ends up being. 

Edited by Alexmender

Ah... yeah, I don’t like when characters talk to “us.” It’s not good. I would love to have more club-based interactions. Catherine talking to other strong sword wielders, Shamir bonding with the quiet assassins group, Seteth literally doing anything else haha, and Flayn has so many possibilities as well. Oh well... 

And yet the previous CYL 3H based one was a remarkably decent Forging Bonds.  (With Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude). 

I have a pet theory that all the writing resources were dumped into that one and the recent Tellius one given those were the ones a lot of people and whales were excited about. Being in corporate with a copy team that has to run the treadmil of consistent output ... sometimes quality suffers, and sometimes you have to choose which one you're going to flub.  Have a sneaky feeling this was a deliberate "flub" to make up for the others.

48 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

And yet the previous CYL 3H based one was a remarkably decent Forging Bonds.  (With Edelgard/Dimitri/Claude). 

I have a pet theory that all the writing resources were dumped into that one and the recent Tellius one given those were the ones a lot of people and whales were excited about. Being in corporate with a copy team that has to run the treadmil of consistent output ... sometimes quality suffers, and sometimes you have to choose which one you're going to flub.  Have a sneaky feeling this was a deliberate "flub" to make up for the others.

I was about to ask about that given that there's a month between FBs, but then I started typing out what I'm guessing they do, and I can definitely see what you mean, especially since there's stuff I'm probably missing. Even with the month in between FBs, I wouldn't be surprised if the writing staff has like a week to write these on average.

I will admit the oldest iterations of Forging Bonds were just... the kind of thing that would make me, a non-drinker, seek the nearest bar to try and forget... but they didn't improve a whole lot when the Askr trio, aka generic dutiful prince / friendly friend / Anna 19.0, got involved. it really was once other heroes began getting involved that Forging Bonds actually began to be worth looking forward to, but now that it seems to be a trend for all 3H FBs to revert in quality, I almost don't want anymore 3H banners even though there are still characters I'd like to see...

Yeah I'm not feeling this one either. They were doing great with the last FBs getting a lot of characters involved. Now we're back to "Everybody pick one of the Askr Quartet and stick to them."

12 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

...Shamir bonding with the quiet assassins group...

Actually, I was thinking it would be fun to see her interact with Python. Maybe Shinon, too. I don't think there was enough Python/Shinon interaction, but I get what his personal story was supposed to be, and I'm not that disappointed about it. Those two had some good chemistry, though. Both relatively relaxed but serious sorts who look at things realistically without adding romanticism to it or exaggerating the bad points. "Killing is serious business. You're taking someone's life. But dying sucks, so I'm going to shoot the other guy before I get stabbed." Shamir has a similar outlook, and is a mercenary (like Shinon) so I could see them having some interesting conversations. Especially if Cyril ever gets into the game, actually, especially since Rolf being Shinon's student isn't a secret in Askr like it was in Tellius. (I mean, Rolf kind of told everyone. Or, at least he praised Shinon a bunch. Not sure if he mentioned that he was Shinon's student.)

To that end, Shinon, Shamir, and Jorge could have a talk, too, being the mentors to Rolf, Cyril, and Gordon. Or the latter three could brag about their mentors and talk about how much they admire them. I think I'm forgetting someone...

Ah, speaking of archery mentors, I wonder if we'll eventually get a Norne+Setsuna harmonic hero at some point, since the latter agreed to help teach the former, as I recall.