Change 3 things about Three Houses (and one thing about Cindered Shadows)

Jotari

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

I borderline felt this way when I'd only seen AM and CF but after playing all the routes I absolutely buy that Edelgard would have taken out the Agarthans. We know that she and Hubert used the javelins of light to trace their base on VW/SS, so why not on CF as well? A sneak attack against their base would presumably remove their ability to fire them again, and set the stage for the spy war against them to come. It helps that Hubert appears to be just about the most knowledgeable person alive about the Agarthans (to the point where we even use his fanon name for them), so I feel a bit better about the prospects for defeating them on the one route he makes it out of alive.

I guess we could have had a Shambhala fight between Cornelia and Tailtean that shows this on-screen but I can't say I'm unhappy to not have that stupid map on a third route.

I don't mind the Shambala map myself, but in the interest of keeping it things varied between the games, I present an alternate scenario where Arundel thinks she's about to lead an assault on another Alliance castle, but while her main force is leading the attack, her strike force covertly attack Arundel. You could even have Dimitri win the off screen battle against the rest of her army and set the scene for the Tailtean Plains as a more even pitched battle. Wouldn't really serve to resolve the Argarthan plot entirely to only kill Cordelia and Arundel, but it would still help immensely to cut off the head of their leadership (Nemesis is always going to be a WTF moment that makes no sense). Though now that I think about it this would be a complete rehash of what she's literally just done with Cordelia too which might kill some momentum with the plot. You could combine the two events though so immediately after killing Cordelia she goes after Arundel with back to back chapters that don't go to the monastery in between like the finale.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic