Nintendo Support is the G

indigoasis

I've got a story to tell.

When I first opened Heroes today, it said that I needed to reauthenticate my account. I swear, it was an absolute nightmare trying to figure it out. My Google Authenticator code wasn't working with my account for some unknown reason. I looked up what I could on the internet, and the results were less than helpful, to say the least. After an hour of frustration, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might fix something, I took a break from it, and eventually decided to call Nintendo Support. Calling support for anything numbers makes me anxious, but it was the only way I was gonna get my problem fixed.

I just wanna give Andrew from Nintendo Support a HUGE shout-out and thank you. If you're reading this, you've made my day, and I can't thank you enough! He was super polite and helped get my problem fixed. Even if he never sees this, I hope for and wish him the best.

- - -

In other news, a Halloween costume prop that I ordered off of Amazon came in today (the projected date was November 5 - November 25, iirc). The listing also said that it ships in 6 to 10 days, so I had taken a gamble on that, hoping it would come in sooner. Luckily, it did! My Enforcer costume will now be truly complete. The prop in question is a Dominator from the anime Psycho-Pass. I got the prop version, not the super expensive light up one with moving parts. That'd be half of college tuition gone.

18 hours ago, indigoasis said:

When I first opened Heroes today, it said that I needed to reauthenticate my account. I swear, it was an absolute nightmare trying to figure it out. My Google Authenticator code wasn't working with my account for some unknown reason. I looked up what I could on the internet, and the results were less than helpful, to say the least. After an hour of frustration, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that might fix something, I took a break from it, and eventually decided to call Nintendo Support. Calling support for anything numbers makes me anxious, but it was the only way I was gonna get my problem fixed.

I tried Google Authenticator for 2FA for my Nintendo account, but it is shit in my opinion as I never got it to work either, so I got rid of it. I wish Nintendo would give us more 2FA options though.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I tried Google Authenticator for 2FA for my Nintendo account, but it is shit in my opinion as I never got it to work either, so I got rid of it. I wish Nintendo would give us more 2FA options though.

With the account I have linked for Heroes, I'd love to either get rid of the 2FA or get it fixed. I can't actually get into it without 2FA (which doesn't work even though it's the right email?). It works just fine for my main account, though, so I don't know what the deal is honestly. I know there are other 2FA options out there, but I'm not sure if they work with Nintendo accounts.