FEBuilder capabilites and questions related to FE8

tranzfattyazidz

So now I’ve begun work on FE8 hacking, and I’ve got more questions than answers, so here are a few. I’ve managed to start with basics, and I know many of my goals such as sprite editing, animation editing, and class insertion are possible, but there are a few things I would like to know. How would I assign a good number of Prf weapons to different units? How would I remove the support cap while restricting to limit 1 A support? When adding a new chapter, how will I make it appear on the world map? Finally, I want some items to be sold only in the postgame. I’d love to use secret shops, because they’re already there, but I don’t want these items sold in the secret shops during the game. How should I handle this? Thanks for the help, you’re all the best.

14 minutes ago, tranzfattyazidz said:

How would I assign a good number of Prf weapons to different units?

Using the weapon lock function. You will notice on both the item and unit/class menus that prf weapons, (take the Rapier, for example) have a flag called Weapon Lock X. (X being unit or number.) Only classes or units with Weapon lock X ticked can use items with the Weapon lock X ticket. I think there's a patch you can use to expand the amount of weapon locks there are as well?

16 minutes ago, tranzfattyazidz said:

How would I remove the support cap while restricting to limit 1 A support?

Pretty sure there's a patch for that. I think you can make everyone have up to 9 supports, but only one A support.

16 minutes ago, tranzfattyazidz said:

When adding a new chapter, how will I make it appear on the world map?

I am not too well-versed regarding the map, but I believe you have to use the "World Map nodes" function and have nodes on the map correspond to certain chapters and therefore take you to the right map/

17 minutes ago, tranzfattyazidz said:

. I’d love to use secret shops, because they’re already there, but I don’t want these items sold in the secret shops during the game. How should I handle this? Thanks for the help, you’re all the best.

Hm...Possibly give an item upon the game's completion that works the way a member card does? You might be able to change the item needed for secret shops as well, but it's been a while. Sorry!

10 hours ago, Benice said:

Using the weapon lock function. You will notice on both the item and unit/class menus that prf weapons, (take the Rapier, for example) have a flag called Weapon Lock X. (X being unit or number.) Only classes or units with Weapon lock X ticked can use items with the Weapon lock X ticket. I think there's a patch you can use to expand the amount of weapon locks there are as well?

I don't see an option for expanding the list of prfs. There's five in the base game, Eirika, Ephraim, Lyn, Athos and Myrmidon/Swordmaster. However using these five you can make more than five weapons, you just have to make sure none of the weapon ranks overlap. For example, you can give Eirika and Ephraim the same weapon lock, but because Ephraim uses lances and Eirika uses swords, they'll never be able to use each other's weapons. If you're careful and creative with this you can make a lot of different prf weapons.

3 hours ago, tranzfattyazidz said:

One more question. Does anyone know the max number of class slots (including already incorporated ones) available?

I think that FE8 cannot expand class data-You'll have to replace some. Fortunateky, there's a bunch that are unused, such as the ballista class.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

don't see an option for expanding the list of prfs

IIRC it was in the Item editor menu? I am more than likely just mistaken , though.

3 hours ago, Benice said:

I think that FE8 cannot expand class data-You'll have to replace some. Fortunateky, there's a bunch that are unused, such as the ballista class.

IIRC it was in the Item editor menu? I am more than likely just mistaken , though.

There does seem to be a bunch of unused checkboxes in the item editor menu so it's probably possible to implement. I can't seem to find anyone who has though.