What if Marth married Nyna?

Jotari

4 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Why would you jump to that conclusion? I honestly assumed that was a typo too.

Yeah, I hadn't fully realized when I wrote that that you were going with the idea that Caeda died in Shadow Dragon. 

But yeah, if Caeda died, Nyna and Marth would almost surely marry, and Hardin, jealous as he might be, would never be able to raise a military to dare oppose the newfound military strength that Marth would gain if Hardin were to be possessed. 

To be fair, Gharnef wouldn't need for Hardin to succeed. Just to create a distraction long enough to enact his own plans. Unless he needed the four he captured in specific, he can just go for easier targets. Yumina was mentioned as an option, for example. Alternatively, even Nyna could still get captured if Marth is away on the frontlines. That's what happened to Elice in canon.

What would be interesting, is if when possessed!Harding takes over Aurelis, his brother can't get away in time or is killed and the Lifesphere gets taken. Sure, it would just mean retrieving two orbs from Harding instead of one, but having the Lifesphere would make him even more harder to kill. Although, with just the Darksphere he can take on the battlefield himself and be pretty much unstoppable, so Aurelis could actually win.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 10/20/2020 at 11:32 PM, Jotari said:

Oh wow, Erimiah is a great point. A corrupted Marth scenario seems far more likely to me now. This could be a great idea for a fan game.

"Fire Emblem: The Cortuption of Marth"

• 3 weeks later...

If I remember well Nyna vanishes or suicide in the end of the story. So supposing that Camus returns and choses Tatiana either way, she would meet the same fate even if she is married to Marth. So in this case Marth would still end being the  ruler of Arachnea, but instead would have a second marriage with a random nameless lady - or maybe Marisha or Catria if they are lucky. If Camus decides stay with Nyna idk what would happen, maybe a political, open marriage in which Marth and Nyna stay together to produce heirs but have their own lovers lol

I think, in general, the same events would happen but under slightly different circumstances, and Nyna's brief life would be slightly happier due to have a more understanding husband. Marth's life would be sadder due to losing the love of his life, but I don't think he would be corrupted into the darkness due to losing Caeda or someone else he loves, it seems out of character of him. More likely he would make an effort to make life easy with anyone he marries, since he is an understanding and diplomatic person. 

Edited by Mylady

Considering that she vanished since she basically no longer had someone, and even Archanea could be left in Marth's hands, would it really be the same in a situation where she's married to Marth? Sure, it would be old wounds reopening having the suspect that Camus is alive but is avoiding her, and worse, now loves someone more than her. But this would be after having spent a long time with Marth. She would likely wouldn't be as eager to leave.

I suppose though, that if Nyna's kingdom being usurped were the reason that she left, after getting it back she would stay in her kingdom to rebuild her lands and restructure the economy and social structure of royal houses. It doesn't make much sense, that's why  I always thought that she vanished for Camus added to some some trauma that resulted in her wanting to be far away from the court.  Unless Arachnea is too sexist, that she wasn't elegible at the time to rule without a husband.   

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Considering that she vanished since she basically no longer had someone, and even Archanea could be left in Marth's hands, would it really be the same in a situation where she's married to Marth? Sure, it would be old wounds reopening having the suspect that Camus is alive but is avoiding her, and worse, now loves someone more than her. But this would be after having spent a long time with Marth. She would likely wouldn't be as eager to leave.

In this case the question would be if Nyna would be able to fall for Marth, and the real reason that she vanished. Maybe Marth would be a more positive influence and with lucky she wouldn't go through the same experiences of almost dying resulting in a more stable marriage.  Idk. 

Edited by Mylady

Short of the same sequence playing out it's unlikely she would abandon her kingdom to chase after Camus. Marth would actually listen to Nyna and consult with her on ruling their kingdoms, rather than be Hardin the miracle man turned tyrant who does it all himself. She can stay more behind-the-scenes, but she'll have some agency over her lands instead of being reduced to a figurehead.

The cynic in me says that Marth and Nyna both being aware that they're being wed out of political concern and not twue wuv would've been more healthy for them than the genuine, but one-sided attraction that Hardin felt for Nyna. Not exactly a fairytale, but actually rather in line with the "Prince before son or brother" theme that Shadow Dragon has going on.

(and also rather in line with IRL medieval aristocracy. Marriage out of love? That's not very von Habsburg of you)

39 minutes ago, ping said:

The cynic in me says that Marth and Nyna both being aware that they're being wed out of political concern and not twue wuv would've been more healthy for them than the genuine, but one-sided attraction that Hardin felt for Nyna. Not exactly a fairytale, but actually rather in line with the "Prince before son or brother" theme that Shadow Dragon has going on.

(and also rather in line with IRL medieval aristocracy. Marriage out of love? That's not very von Habsburg of you)

if we're going for medieval aristocracy story, marriage out of love bring more trouble than political one in unstable kingdom since "what you want" not equal to "what you need" (unless she have many relative to take her place which is not anymore)

im also inclined to believe in Nyna would not leave Archanea if she were to marry marth in that sense.