Optimal Pairings with Same sex marriage hack

So I recently started playing this game again and I installed the same-sex marriage hack from Unassuming Venusaur. This not only allows units of the same sex to S-support but it also adds S-support options for characters that previously didn't have any (Say'ri, Anna, Flavia, Basilio, Tiki, etc) or they had a limited selection (Chrom/Sumia). This opens up a great amount of possibilities for optimal pairings, so many that there are probably many different ways that you can pair all of your units and all your units will be great. Here are some of my pairings (ignoring MU). (Note, G indicates that the child has access to galeforce from the mother, A indicates that the child has access to armsthrift from the mother). Finally, my pairings are more focused on classes and skills because after maxing a second gen character's stats, units like Noire!Kellam can still destroy apotheosis thanks to brave weapons and rescue. This doesn't mean that I will completely disregard stats but they will not be a priority.

ChromXGaius or ChromXCordelia

With Gaius, Lucina still gets galeforce and the stats aren't bad for her. IMO this is her most optimal father, but this hack also allows for ChromXCordelia which makes for a good Severa. I tend to like having armsthrift and galeforce on my units so this pairing allows Lucina to have both, while Severa can have Aether. If you pair Chrom with Gaius then he won't have a second child and that kind of feels like a little bit of a waste but not the worst thing in the world.

NOTE: These two pairings are the only two that the hack adds to the game for Chrom that allow Lucina to have galeforce.

G LissaXAnyone

Owain already has a lot of the skills that he wants. You could pair Lissa with Gregor for Armsthrift but others like to go for a magic dad/mom like Libra. A lot of people are fans of MaribelleXLissa and that's totally fine but I like to use Maribelle to get galeforce over to Laurent.

SullyXOlivia or SullyXDonny

Either pairing gives Kjelle access to galeforce.

MirielXMaribelle

Laurent can have galeforce and they are both magic mothers. Brady also gets access to sorcerer so that's cool.

G SumiaXFlavia Alt: SumiaXGregor

I like this pairing because Sumia is Flavia's only pairing where the child already has galeforce but doesn't have armsthrift. It fits and Cynthia gets light colored hair, but you need to wait for later game to make this one a reality. GregorXSumia or VaikeXSumia allows this to happen much earlier but I'm biased towards FlaviaXSumia.

G MaribelleXMiriel

Magic mothers and both kids get galeforce. Also opens up sorcerer for Brady.

PanneXSay'ri

Adding Say'ri into the parent pool is one of the most exciting things about this hack imo. She has access to dark flier so she can pass galeforce down to sons. I would give it to Yarne just because all the stats line up, the hair color is alright, and because I just like to imagine a romance between Panne and Say'ri. It's important to remember that Panne will pass down her weakness to beasts and Taguel class to a second child so I wouldn't pair her with another parent character, because Taguel just isn't that useful.

GA CordeliaXCherche or CordeliaXSully

I think that Cordelia makes a really good mother so giving her to any of the kids that don't have galeforce is a good option. I chose these two pairings because it gives Severa that oh so desirable red hair.

NowiXDonny or NowiXGaius

Nah still gets galeforce. Just like Panne, be careful about Nowi's second child. They will only inherit the manakyte class if they are a daughter, but they will always inherit the dragon weakness.

The only thing is that Nah really doesn't need armsthrift since there is nothing special about dragonstones but this is just a leftover pairing.

TharjaXAversa or TharjaXMaribelle

AversaXTharja is a pairing which is Aversa's only really good pairing (the other options are Cordelia and Sully). The only problem with it is that Noire won't have access to sage so shadowgift isn't super useful and you need to wait until the end of the game. Maribelle is also a good mother for Noire but I would probably save her for Miriel since Aversa can fill the role better.

GA OliviaXSully or OliviaXChrom

I don't really think that Inigo really needs much so I think that Olivia is good for pairing with other mothers so she can pass galeforce down.

ChercheXCordelia

Cordelia gives Gerome the galeforce that he always wanted. He also gets armsthrift and Severa gets Cherche's reddish hair. Everyone wins.

And that's it. It should be noted that if you want every child to have galeforce then Miriel, Panne, and Cherche all need to have wives. The remaining kids that don't have inherent access to galeforce are Noire, Nah, Kjelle, and Lucina. This means that you need 7 parents who can pass down galeforce. Gaius and Donnel can pass the pegasus knight class down to daughters and Chrom can pair with most of the mothers. This means that for everyone to have galeforce, you need at least 4 same-sex pairings. These pairings can be between the mothers, Say'ri, or Aversa.

Let me know what y'all think about this analysis. If you have any comments or questions then let's discuss them. 🙂

Edited by BlueBloodEmblazer