Years later, I still love this game

♠Soul♠

When Awakening first came out, I didn't really have much of an expectation for it. I rarely check gameplay and things about new games, but my opinion tends to change once I do play them. With Awakening, I quickly grew to love this game. It's just very fun, engaging. It has tons of replay value, and I always found the characters really fun.

Everytime I come back to it (which is every few years or so), I always feel the same about it. It's easy to get hooked into it. People say it's not that great because of things like narrow objectives and probably even Pair Up being broken, but that's also why I stopped using the latter.

To think that after all these years, I still barely played Lunatic, and let alone beaten it.

If you like something (in this case Awakening), and it doesn't hurt anyone else, then just like it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just as I am entitled to mine that Awakening is pretty meh of a game.

And yes, Lunatic is BS. Lunatic+ is even worse.

awakening still has a special place in my heart, but man i can't get myself to actually play it again. not because i've come to realize the game's flaws or anything, just because i've played it so much i've memorized every beat. still stan the game, tho

lunatic isn't particularly BS, it's rough early on but there are tons of trajectories to get yourself to match the challenge. definitely not something everyone's going to enjoy, but something i definitely had fun beating one time and never touched again.

fuck luna+ though

2 hours ago, Integrity said:

awakening still has a special place in my heart, but man i can't get myself to actually play it again. not because i've come to realize the game's flaws or anything, just because i've played it so much i've memorized every beat. still stan the game, tho

lunatic isn't particularly BS, it's rough early on but there are tons of trajectories to get yourself to match the challenge. definitely not something everyone's going to enjoy, but something i definitely had fun beating one time and never touched again.

fuck luna+ though

My thoughts exactly lol.

Awakening is honestly a really special game to me because the message that game presents is one that resonates with me. It gets at feelings that I personally struggle with. I’m at a point in my life where I don’t who I am or what I want to do. The future is just so uncertain and bleak. I don’t know where the hell I’ll end up in life. I want to try new things and motivate myself to be ambitious and take opportunities but for whatever reason I just can’t and that inability feeds into my insecurity. I feel so stagnant like I haven’t improved at all from my past mistakes like I’m stuck in this endless cycle of failure and disappointment. It’s there where awakening means a lot to me. It gives me hope that maybe I can break free from this cycle that I can control my future. That I can forge a path of my own and create a future I can be proud of by overcoming the bumps in the road now. So yeah that’s why awakening means a lot to me.

5 hours ago, Integrity said:

fuck luna+ though

Look at this beast, man:

IMG_2144.JPG?width=319&height=425

I think the game is better when you're not absolutely trivializing it, like overusing the Avatar to the point he/she basically solos (which is where I hear when people say Lunatic "isn't that bad"). In stuff like HM, you can easily play without Pair Up, and stuff does get interesting. Not abusing grinding helps, so I can't say I've even abstained hard from that right now (that's a 10/10/10/10/1 Brady by Ch.19 so yeah fuck me).

1 hour ago, Ottservia said:

Awakening is honestly a really special game to me because the message that game presents is one that resonates with me. It gets at feelings that I personally struggle with. I’m at a point in my life where I don’t who I am or what I want to do. The future is just so uncertain and bleak. I don’t know where the hell I’ll end up in life. I want to try new things and motivate myself to be ambitious and take opportunities but for whatever reason I just can’t and that inability feeds into my insecurity. I feel so stagnant like I haven’t improved at all from my past mistakes like I’m stuck in this endless cycle of failure and disappointment. It’s there where awakening means a lot to me. It gives me hope that maybe I can break free from this cycle that I can control my future. That I can forge a path of my own and create a future I can be proud of by overcoming the bumps in the road now. So yeah that’s why awakening means a lot to me.

woah my guy I just said it was a cool game : D

Can't say I've read that far into it, but there's definitely things that can mean a personal sort of message to each person, at least. Only thing I really recall is about how Chrom tells Robin "you're your own self before you're someone's son" (something like that), and that's definitely about how those sort of things, like your blood and backround doesn't entirely define you.

Edited by Crime and Punishment