Best strategy with Tiki vs. Nagi?

What do you do with Tiki and Nagi?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What do you do with Tiki and Nagi?

• Kill Tiki, use Nagi.
    • Keep Tiki, skip Nagi.
    • Keep Tiki, kill Tiki, get 24x, revive Tiki, use both.

So I know that the true Falchion is basically a sucker's game in the remake, since you can't use it without risking a game over, so you're way better off keeping the spheres and having the dragons do the bulk of the damage to Medeus. But as for the question of Tiki vs. Nagi, I can't actually work out what the best idea is. Nagi gets you an extra chapter for training, but Tiki's a lot easier to make more durable by that point in the game and thus easier to safely bring to Medeus. On my last attempt I used the Aum trick to get both just for the sake of seeing 24x, but I don't actually know if that was optimal. Yes I got two dragons, but with the Aum staff you get two dragons technically anyway, and more options.

What do people usually do on harder difficulties?

I prefer to keep all the units alive, so I've never gone to any of the paralogues.

But if the goal is just to defeat Medeus, you can use Aum on Tiki on the final map, since she 2HKOs him at base (and gets another free action upon reviving).

Tiki at base can 2 shot Medeus on H5 the only issue is she has shaky accuracy, the thing is Nagi can do the same thing and is more reliable at doing it than an untrained Tiki.

24x only get's you, aside from a little more EXP, another Excalibur and Aura which you probably won't need so I usually skip the Gaiden and keep Tiki alive so I get Gotoh instead of Nagi because I like having the extra fortify for the final map if I'm not warp skipping it.  

Yeah, I've ultimately changed my mind after my second playthrough. The stuff Gotoh comes with, particularly fortify and the only swarm tome, makes it way better to train Tiki and just use the Aum staff so you can use her twice.

Edited by Alastor15243