If Gaiden gotten an Official Translation like Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light had, what speculation localized name do you think Seazas, the missing boss from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia will get if it happens?

King Marth 64

Since we aren't too sure if Gaiden would likely be the next Japan-only legacy Fire Emblem game is getting the official translation from Nintendo themselves since they are releasing Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light on this December with an unexpected translation trailer from Nintendo themselves that we thought it was impossible days ago and plus we already gotten a recent remake called Echoes: Shadows of Valentia for the Nintendo 3DS recently since 2017.

Since we definitely know Nintendo is going to use all the localized names in the remaining of the series like Caeda, Jagen, Altea etc. I know that every characters in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had already gotten a localized name years ago, but we definitely know there's one character that was been excluded from Echoes: Shadows of Valentia that is Seazas. Seazas was the Gold Knight guard of the Rigel Gates that Berkut replaced him in that map in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia and he was planned to appear in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia in that same map that Berkut was about to fight off The Deliverance from entering Rigel.

Since we still have no evidence of what Seazas's localized name could have been other than a data mine. What kind of speculation localized name do you think Nintendo, Tree House, or 8-4 (depending on who was translating SD&TBOL) come up for Seazas incase if Nintendo had made plans on localizing Gaiden sometime after Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light English version gets released in the West to the Nintendo Switch?

What an inexplicably precise question. Though well worth asked as assuming we'll eventually get Jugdral localized, Seazas and a handful of Mystery of the Emblem Book 2 bosses are the only characters that might possibly never get an English name. Poor Seazas getting the boot like that. Why couldn't he have been the boss along side Berkut? Well anyway let's look at his name.

シーザズ My hover text is translating it as Shizazu. Goggle translate renders it as Caesars, Caesar being an actual name could be a good choice, though we already have a Caesar in Archanea. Seems his name is very close to Seaszas, being シーザ, in other words the same only Seazas has an extra  which is a Zu sound. For Japanese the Archana character is Shi-za which was rendered Caesar, while this one is Shi-za-zu. So literally Caesarzu is an option, but no, that doesn't sound good at all and Google Translate's Caesars soundling like a weird plural doesn't work either. If we do want to maintain accuracy in differentiating from the Archanea characters then maybe Caesaru. Would that sound too silly? Of course just violating the one Steve limit and rendering him Caesar doesn't seem unreasonable either.

Edited by Jotari

17 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What an inexplicably precise question. Though well worth asked as assuming we'll eventually get Jugdral localized, Seazas and a handful of Mystery of the Emblem Book 2 bosses are the only characters that might possibly never get an English name. Poor Seazas getting the boot like that. Why couldn't he have been the boss along side Berkut? Well anyway let's look at his name.

シーザズ My hover text is translating it as Shizazu. Goggle translate renders it as Caesars, Caesar being an actual name could be a good choice, though we already have a Caesar in Archanea. Seems his name is very close to Seaszas, being シーザ, in other words the same only Seazas has an extra  which is a Zu sound. For Japanese the Archana character is Shi-za which was rendered Caesar, while this one is Shi-za-zu. Caesars soundling like a weird plural doesn't work, and if we do want to maintain accuracy in differentiating from the Archanea characters then maybe Caesaru. Would that sound too silly? Of course just violating the one Steve limit and rendering him Caesar doesn't seem unreasonable either.

Or you could use a word derivative from Caesar such as the Germanic Kaiser or the Russian Tsar... as a translation joke. You know, kind of saying the name resembles, but is legally distinct from Caesar.

38 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Or you could use a word derivative from Caesar such as the Germanic Kaiser or the Russian Tsar... as a translation joke. You know, kind of saying the name resembles, but is legally distinct from Caesar.

That's certainly an option. In the same vane you could go the mythic route and call him Caesarion, Caesar's son whose name is likewise close but not quite the same.

2 hours ago, SSJDennis said:

Likely Silas or Saizo then, making some advertisement for Fates is never bad.

Don't think you can really call it advertising if its devoid of context. At best you could call it a reference.

10 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't think you can really call it advertising if its devoid of context. At best you could call it a reference.

Sorry, that was what I wanted to say. English isn’t my native language.

Please use numbered games next time, your title hurts to read lol.

Shizas (or Shiizas for the pedants) sounds most reasonable to me. which means they will go with something stupid like Caezath or Simon.

Or they can go the maximum lazy route and call him Berkut

Edited by Mars of Aritia

39 minutes ago, Mars of Aritia said:

Please use numbered games next time, your title hurts to read lol.

Shizas (or Shiizas for the pedants) sounds most reasonable to me. which means they will go with something stupid like Caezath or Simon.

Or they can go the maximum lazy route and call him Berkut

Berkut would actually be a pretty amusing reference. Though it would lead  a lot of people to the mistaken idea that Berkut was a character the remake expanded on instead of created.

Speaking of hypothetical boss translations, the only really interesting one would be Muhammad. Although it is common as a given name, I don't think they will want to deal with the can of worms that name brings with it. Ahmed maybe? or maybe not, they might think dumb-dumbs will confuse him with Amid.

are we still worried about repeating names now that the gates of hell are open and we have two playable arthurs (and one artur)

sounds like it would just be ceasar

12 hours ago, Axie said:

are we still worried about repeating names now that the gates of hell are open and we have two playable arthurs (and one artur)

sounds like it would just be ceasar

that same game also changed Kamui to Corrin and Leon to Leo to avoid duplicates so it's best not to prescribe any logic to their translations, they certainty didn't lol.

it's not really Caesar though. The kana for Caesar is シーザー (Shiizaa). This guy is called  シーザズ (Shiizazu).

8 hours ago, Mars of Aritia said:

that same game also changed Kamui to Corrin and Leon to Leo to avoid duplicates so it's best not to prescribe any logic to their translations, they certainty didn't lol.

it's not really Caesar though. The kana for Caesar is シーザー (Shiizaa). This guy is called  シーザズ (Shiizazu).

i don't think they avoided kamui just because of fe2 and the leon/leo situation seems very stupid (fe15 leo became leon because fe14 leon became leo? at least they learned their lesson after repeating a name for no reason)

and yes i understood the kana isn't for ceasar but it doesn't sound like there is a better localization short of just naming him shizazu

or maybe he should be named vergil

Edited by Axie