• Robin: Fall Vessel
    • Velouria: Wolf Cub
    • Bernadetta: Eternal Loner
    • Bantu: Tiki's Guardian
    • Gharnef: Dark Pontifex
    • Rolf: Tricky Archer
    • Rutger: Lone Swordman

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2020 at 02:59 AM

Ah, so this thread is finally up! I love this VG's theme. So cute! ^w^ Hats off to the hoods! Alternative (and kind of better?) joke: Time to see who's best in the hood.

As for my vote... Hmmm I like Rolf, but he's kind of a cop-out I think since he's only wearing a hood in his costume. Hmmm but he's also on theme since Halloween's coming up... OH MAN I JUST NOTICED THAT THERE'S MORE DUDES THAN GIRLS IN THIS ONE! Makes sense. Hoods seem to be a bit more of a thing guys wear than girls. There are also a surprising number of dragons here. Anyway, time to expound upon the hoods, I guess.

1. Fallen M!Robin: A classic, though you only really see his hood up when he's hiding his face (except in this art because of all the purple magic.)

2. Halloween Fallen F!Robin: Similar to Fallen M!Robin, except I don't know if her hood would fit over those wolf ears. Still, she's in costume near Halloween, so she gets a couple points for that.

3. Velouria: I have to say, her hood is one of the things I like the most about her design if only because she's a fairy tale rolled up into a single character. She's a wolf and a girl in the wilderness -- Little Red Riding Hood. Her hood ranks high for me, but I'm kind of indifferent to her as a character. She's kind of just a leerier version of her dad.

4. Bernadetta: I haven't had her as one of my students yet, nor do I have her in Heroes. I didn't even realize she had a hood, so subtracting hood points for that. Also, why is she out of her room? Going out without a mask during the pandemic AND Halloween. Minus points.

5. Bantu: Great sweetie. Very selfless. Patience of a stone. Classic "wise old man who is also kind." Probably runs the dragon daycare, especially with all the Tikis we have. For a while, he was my most-wanted character to add to Heroes. First playable manakete in FE history. I gave him as many dragonstones as I could in my FE11 run. Nice guy. Hm.

6. Gharnef: I think he was in FE11? The fact that he feels like a character I've never encountered before isn't good. I know very little about him, and don't really care about him. Still, he gets a couple points for filling the "mad dark mage" archetype well with his hood. Classic.

7. Rolf: I already talked about him a bit, but the gist is that his regular design has no hood, and so he's normally not wearing one. Still, he's dressed up especially for Halloween, and the season is upon us, so he gets points for that. I have the biggest connection to him out of everyone here, but this is still a bit tough since this is a hood competition.

8. Rutget: (I thought it was Rutger, but the name on the poll is "Rutget" so...) Honestly, I think he does the best job incorporating his hood into his art, it being down normally and up in his damaged art. Aesthetically pleasing hood use; I approve. I never played FE6, so I don't really know him, though. My only bond to him his his hood's use in his damaged art, actually, but that revolves around his hood, gaining him some major points.

So...I'm not sure who to pick. XD Rutget, Rolf, Bantu, Velouria, and Fallen M!Robin are all good options for me. Hmm I'll narrow it down to Rutget, Rolf, and Bantu, I think. Velouria's hood stuff is excellent and I love the joke, but I don't feel drawn to her at all otherwise. M!Robin has good art, and I love that the hood was featured here. However, I'm just not as drawn to him as I am to the others.

So, now we're down to Hood Model (Rutget), Kind Classic (Bantu) and Spoopy Friend (Rolf.) Urgh, this is tough... I may change my mind at the last minute, but for now I'll plan on joining Rolf. I feel the largest connection to him, and would probably feel bad for not supporting him.

Whoever wins this, Kiran's the real victor since he's the one who makes the winning happen.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

6. Gharnef: I think he was in FE11? The fact that he feels like a character I've never encountered before isn't good. I know very little about him, and don't really care about him. Still, he gets a couple points for filling the "mad dark mage" archetype well with his hood. Classic.

He's kind of the game's main antagonist and you can only defeat him using that Starlight special weapon. I suppose that game's story can be not very engaging and you missed him for that but it's kind of weird.

He is in both Archanea games. 

Edited by Vince777

23 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

He's kind of the game's main antagonist and you can only defeat him using that Starlight special weapon. I suppose that game's story can be not very engaging and you missed him for that but it's kind of weird.

I knew he was the main antagonist in one of them but yeah, FE11 was just one big mess of "What am I doing and why am I doing this?" for me since there was so little narrative. (I can't count the number of times when I asked "why?" when Marth got derailed from his quest to free his homeland again and again.) Unfortunately, that made the game really boring for me, and most of the characters (especially Gharnef, I guess) pretty forgettable. No offense to Archanea fans, that was just my personal experience.

I am going with Velouria since she is a wolf, I will go with Robin fall vessel if she loses.  I do like Rutger (he has saved my playthruoghs many times in FE 6), but being on a red team is painful because of all the reds so he is my third choice.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

I will be joining Rolf! He is probably my fave of this bunch, and I expect him to at least make it to the 2nd round (hopefully), and potentially finals if he does... I don't think the older men are gonna make it to the end, in other words lol. 

Anyway, I am glad they went with this theme instead of, like, last year v this year's Halloween units.

4 hours ago, Vince777 said:

@Mercakete

Yeah, and you can also add that literally all the bad stuff that happens in 3/12 was Gharnef’s doing. For as bare as Archanea’s narrative is, Gharnef is kinda important.

Oh, and he created the character template that all future dark mage (or sometimes light like with Riev) villains used, from Jedah in 2/15 to Thales in TH.

Looking like it's going to be some serious Velouria vs Bernadetta dueling, though it's a little early to say. I'm taking Velouria for now, but if she loses we're going the madman Gharnef, I love that guy, especially with Close Foil and ATK-SPD Lull.

Rolf does feel like the odd one out here, is there not an eighth canon hoodie in FEH? There is Soren, but I'd hazard he has been VG'ed before and they didn't want to repeat him. Oh, and Legendary Tiki, but Tiki is as burnt over with reuse as a torch.

15 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

@Mercakete

Yeah, and you can also add that literally all the bad stuff that happens in 3/12 was Gharnef’s doing. For as bare as Archanea’s narrative is, Gharnef is kinda important.

Oh, and he created the character template that all future dark mage (or sometimes light like with Riev) villains used, from Jedah in 2/15 to Thales in TH.

I don't particularly care how important to the plot he was. That sort of thing doesn't interest me at all. And as I said, all I'm doing is expressing my own perspective/experience, which has nothing to do with that or anyone else's experience/perspective. It's not like I was making any strong-worded/assertive/objective-language claims like "he is a boring character." All I said was that he was forgettable and uninteresting to me. :/ What speaks to me are little, everyday interactions between characters, like when one talks about what's on his/her mind (or a favorite food, or something else ordinary) to another in a quiet, private setting. That's what makes a character relatable and helps you get to know him/her. ^_^ We are all made of little things like that, after all.

As for archetypes, the "evil wizard"/"dark mage" template existed well before he did. I wouldn't credit him with creating it, though he's obviously the first FE character IS put in that template.

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Rolf does feel like the odd one out here, is there not an eighth canon hoodie in FEH? There is Soren, but I'd hazard he has been VG'ed before and they didn't want to repeat him. Oh, and Legendary Tiki, but Tiki is as burnt over with reuse as a torch.

The others hooded units I remember are Idunn and Merric.

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

As for archetypes, the "evil wizard"/"dark mage" template existed well before he did. I wouldn't credit him with creating it, though he's obviously the first FE character IS put in that template.

I didn’t think I needed to specify it, but yeah I meant just within Fire Emblem when I said that bit.

On 10/26/2020 at 7:26 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Looking like it's going to be some serious Velouria vs Bernadetta dueling, though it's a little early to say. I'm taking Velouria for now, but if she loses we're going the madman Gharnef, I love that guy, especially with Close Foil and ATK-SPD Lull.

That has been the case so far. I've been fighting for Velouria throughout the day, but Bernadetta pulled ahead significantly in the last couple hours.

If Velouria loses, I'll switch to Rutger. I never played The Binding Blade, but Rutger strongly reminds me of Navarre, and I have a very large soft spot for red-clad swordsmen with long brown hair.

I chose Rolf since he's F2P, it's Halloween, and his side of the gauntlet is a sausage party so it should be easier to get some ranking.

And he takes round 1 and I got rank 888 while still having 800 flags to spare thanks to the last few hours being Same Hell.

Edited by Roflolxp54