Flying Blind through Archanea - Draggy plays Fire Emblem New Mystery of the Emblem

DragonFlames

Do we know the Way of the Altean Knight?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do we?

• Yes
    • No

fe12.gif

Hello, everyone!
I'm DragonFlames, though you can call me Draggy if you like!

The last (and first) time I tried this screenshot LP thing, it didn't go very well, because it was an action RPG, and making screenshots while playing those is... kind of difficult.
So, I decided if I ever do that again, I will do it with a game that's easier to make screenshots of. And recently, I was talking with Saint Rubenio about characters in FE12, and I discovered that I only know very little about them, because that one is a game I only played a total of one time so far. Thus, I decided to make my second attempt at playing New Mystery of the Emblem a screenshot LP.

Some things before we start:

• I will be playing this on Hard/Classic, because I figured it will be more exciting (and funny, when I inevitably fail) for you guys.
  • As I said, I have played this game only once quite a while back, and I didn't even get the True Ending. As such, this will be basically a blind run for me.
  • I will try to let you guys participate to some degree, whether it will be through naming my forges or deciding which characters I should use or what to reclass, but we'll see how it goes first! After all, the Prologue is quite lengthy, as far as I know.

Okay, without further ado, let's get this show on the road, shall we?

Part 1: Introduction!

Spoiler

jmbRMhm.pngH98X9qa.png

Game... start!

IVdsatB.png1VAhh0m.png

There is a 68% chance that I will regret this.

slYZkVR.png

Okay, now here comes the fun part: the Avatar creation. I am a sucker for character creation of all kinds, so I was understandably excited about the possibility to make my own FE character... it's just that Kris doesn't have much in the way of personality. Hence I have decided to try something fun!
But we'll get there when we get there. First things first: let's make our character, shall we?

7lHN8tO.pngFUsOn6W.pngxltcmKQ.png2f03EWQ.png
I am the pinnacle of creativity, aren't I?
But yeah, I'm going with Fem!Kris for this one. I figured if it's going to be generic, might as well make it cute!
And it's also connected to that thing I hinted at earlier.

pAXpm8c.pngAA4RSax.pngiKF7MSA.png2i6LQYJ.png

Yeah, that should work.
I know these influence your bases and growths somewhat, but I am not sure which does which (and I didn't look it up, because these were the ones I wanted to go with for this one). To all FE12 experts: let me know if I completely gimped Kris there!

L82IQtE.png

Anna looks bored. Hope we can wake her up, eh?

yJ1PJIe.pnghyrJifx.png4ULlnLm.pngWqxQG7s.png

Ah, the "I ran into you and I feel totally sorry about it" first meeting.
A classic!

DJkx1LY.pngmtIIydi.pngT2aHfvm.pngKzGcTyi.png

"Phew, she bought it." ~ Luna

In CGs, nobody has eyes. Which would explain why Katarina ran into us there.
Also, I maintain that Kris and Katarina should have had a paired ending, regardless of Kris' gender.

And I do agree with Katarina. Luna is a nice name.

of7fvUP.pngn2lR5B1.png

There are others besides us here, it seems. Very nice!

IkaICch.png

Wa-hey, look! It's bench juice!

NO8TvoW.png

Altea's greatest benchwarmer, you mean!

gUp7RwH.pngqfC1X62.png

I love how the Katarina CG is still on the touchscreen.
And yeah, Rody will probably get benched, too. Probably.

ZgfQWqB.png

Luna: "Jagen? You mean the one who lent his name to the phrase 'Jagening'?"
Katarina: "...What?"
Luna: "Oh, nothing. Come on, let's go!"

Yjdyj0o.png

Here he is! The original Jagen! Also known as "Mr. Will-Not-Be-Playable-In-This-Game". Booo!
But we get a replacement. A suitable one, as far as I've heard!

HefC5Gz.pngKCqhpdo.png

I predict that Archer and Soldier pairing down there won't make it.

PMXqsHc.png

Luna: "Shut up, the OG Jagen is talking."

V0WGOlB.pngjb7fGdH.pngGJQ9bfU.pngvgYmAzp.png
lKHmWaE.pngYOmywpp.png

Luna: "But you're a Mage. Your character model is clearly a Mage, so why can't you fight?"
Katarina: "Well..."
Luna: "So I'm doing it by myself then?"
Katarina: "... Yes."
Luna: "*sigh* Alright, fine! I'll partner with you."

scxmhU4.png7WnZLlQ.png2M9kZh4.pngVLVmyYl.png

*insert Nino meme here*
But yes, this is where the game begins! And we start with...
qplcixR.png

Two enemies. Both of whom have a weapon triangle advantage.
But 12 Skill and 12 Speed? Damn! She fast!

zP3OS0b.pngFGNYn65.pngQX4XA2U.pngcIPED7x.png

The first Soldier is quite easily dispatched.
No wonder Altea got stomped in the last war.

"What's a weapon triangle?" ~ Luna

w7qe9mN.png4aM8F1r.pngR4CQPoS.pngKHO8N3G.png

Our next opponent is the man himself. Retirement lowered his stats quite a bit, but if I attack him on Player Phase, he will kill Luna in return, so I have her drink a Vulnerary and let Jagen have the first strike.

GNzvKZX.png

Ouch!
At least Luna doubles him in return, leaving the old knight at 7 HP.

9df9cyH.png

If I miss both, I'm basically dead.

Laa0xZ6.png3fNkubI.png

But nothing of the sort happens, and Jagen's question is answered with: "Yes, you have."
And Luna gets enough EXP to level up... aaaaand
d1MqnVJ.png
Stamp111.png

At least it's Strength? I guess?

lERfiu8.png

I beat the Prologue! Yay!
By the way, I did not reset. For some reason, the stat board in the upper screen doesn't get updated when you get a level up.

u8SrD1B.pnggx2s2bv.png9CxkxEg.png

Luna: "We?!?"

Xgljsn5.png

Luna: "Yes. Yes it was. You can stop licking my boots now."

zt5IHDq.pngczmhli2.pngFeoBw1l.pngsqXQIgs.pngRFnpmgg.png

Luna: "Yes, Katarina, I have played Shadow Dragon before."

sDJ9fuU.png

Luna: "Yes, Katarina, I have play--"

vZ4HnjQ.pngnS17dDZ.png

Luna: "Thanks, Jagen."

kc3u8n8.png5PQg0Nj.pngJRMihZ7.png1vsdgxG.png

Ever the humble ki-- I mean, prince.

RQ3c776.pngYGW7Y2F.png

Katarina, the Marth fangirl.

XeQ5V9F.png

Luna: "Together...? Uhh... okay, I guess. She's totally gonna betray us, isn't she?"

c6Ydt1h.png

And that concludes Prologue 1! Nothing too exciting has happened yet, but I think we're calling it a day here.
Let me know what you think of this idea, if I should keep going like this, and... yeah! I'll hopefully see you guys in the next part!

Resets: 0
Deaths: 0

Edited by DragonFlames

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

7lHN8tO.pngFUsOn6W.pngxltcmKQ.png2f03EWQ.png

Luna?

...Luna?

hzMRMjB.png

Ahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

To all FE12 experts: let me know if I completely gimped Kris there!

Welp, according to SF...

• Orphan grants str/mag+2 and a +5 to growths in both
  • Kind grants def+1 and +5% growth in it,
  • Honorable grants +15% to speed and skill growths.

Sounds pretty danged good to me.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Luna is a nice name.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

scxmhU4.png

I like how this is the generic enemy soldier portrait as well.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

d1MqnVJ.png
Stamp111.png

It's gonna be a good LP.

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

FE12.txt

She's totally gonna betray us, isn't she?"

Great update, looking forwards to the next!

Spoiler
41 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

IVdsatB.png1VAhh0m.png

There is a 68% chance that I will regret this.

With or without True Hit?

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Yeah, that should work.
I know these influence your bases and growths somewhat, but I am not sure which does which (and I didn't look it up, because these were the ones I wanted to go with for this one). To all FE12 experts: let me know if I completely gimped Kris there!

Orphan gives +2 base strength and magic, as well as a +5% growths to those stats. Could help make up for the shortcomings of a myrmidon (the lower strength growth/base and the sword mt).
Kindness gives +1 base defense and +5% growth in same. Likewise, this could help balance out your class choice.
Unlike the other 2, Honorable doesn't give a base (as future choices only affect growths) and doesn't counterbalance an inherent shortcoming of the class. Instead, the +15% to skill and speed growths should help guarantee you hit that speed cap.
Having taken a peak ahead, I can see the bases line up (yes, you'd have had 5 strength and 4 defense if you made other choices related to another stat like HP or Luck)

As for growths, in your current class:
70% HP/40% strength/10% magic/65% Skill/75% speed/60% luck/30%defense/5% resistance
Make of that what you will, but it looks pretty workable. Especially if you make any use of the boosted strength, defense and speed growths.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

DJkx1LY.pngmtIIydi.pngT2aHfvm.pngKzGcTyi.png

"Phew, she bought it." ~ Luna

Also, I maintain that Kris and Katarina should have had a paired ending, regardless of Kris' gender.

Missed the chance for a joke with it though. After all, if you played the highest difficulty....
It'd be a Luna-tic run.

ZgfQWqB.png

Luna: "Jagen? You mean the one who lent his name to the phrase 'Jagening'?"
Katarina: "...What?"
Luna: "Oh, nothing. Come on, let's go!"

Funny thing. If you look at the map on the bottom screen here... it's the same map that's the second part of the prologue in Shadow Dragon. Which is hardly surprising because even that's a smaller segment of the entryway to the castle from chapter 17 of Shadow Dragon (which is also used in this game as chapter 16... meaning that area at the entrance of Altea castle has seen a lot of Archanea's history)
Kind of gives you an idea we're operating in a functional world instead of a series of maps.
Take note Three Houses. That's how you reuse a map.

Yjdyj0o.png

Here he is! The original Jagen! Also known as "Mr. Will-Not-Be-Playable-In-This-Game". Booo!

It's kind of sad in some ways that he wasn't playable... but he does get some great dialogue out of it. Just not this chapter.

qplcixR.png

And with a 75% speed growth... that's unlikely to change.

zP3OS0b.pngFGNYn65.pngQX4XA2U.pngcIPED7x.png

The first Soldier is quite easily dispatched.
No wonder Altea got stomped in the last war.

To be fair, odds are the ones who got stomped last time aren't here. Hence Altean soldiers will fall into two categories.... Marth's allies from the war of shadows, or the guys who've joined after the war and have limited experience in combat. This map has both.

d1MqnVJ.png
Stamp111.png

Benice had buff Florina. Saint Rubenio had buff Faye. I had buff Caeda. Can this be the next buff (relatively) low strength growth unit people will talk about? Only time will tell.
In other thoughts, that point of strength is worth two while she's doubling everything.

Anyways, congrats on joining the SCU.... like so many others. It seems screenshot LP has had it's renaissance lately...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

Welp, according to SF...

I would take out my above analysis... but I figure I'm leaving it in because I added in the actual growth rates.

Spoiler

I will try to let you guys participate to some degree, whether it will be through naming my forges or deciding which characters I should use or what to reclass, but we'll see how it goes first! After all, the Prologue is quite lengthy, as far as I know.

I dare you to use Fighter!Yubello! Unironically his best class, elevates him to from an F- unit to an F+.

There's some minor decisions to be made in the prologue - three choices which character to first fight and then recruit, in case you want people to vote on that.

I don't think it's physically possible to completely gimp Kris. Even the worst options (Archer or Mage, probably) with the worst backstory bonuses are still very good archers/mages.

Looking forward to see what hairstyle you'll end up keeping!

Spoiler

jmbRMhm.pngH98X9qa.png

Game... start!

Oh boy, a FE12 LP. This was the first game I LPed. That was a pretty huge mess, to be honest. I don't recommend it.

slYZkVR.png

Okay, now here comes the fun part: the Avatar creation. I am a sucker for character creation of all kinds, so I was understandably excited about the possibility to make my own FE character... it's just that Kris doesn't have much in the way of personality. Hence I have decided to try something fun!

When it comes to Kris, I always try to make up an original character for them. They fail at being an Avatar, but it's not like I enjoy self-inserting into games, anyway. So I use my imagination instead!

2f03EWQ.png

To me, this looks like anything. Not really what I'd call "unoriginal", to be honest. Unless it's a reference. Then I'm afraid I missed it.

AA4RSax.pngiKF7MSA.png2i6LQYJ.png

Yeah, that should work.

Hmmmmm...

Expect her to start off with uncharacteristic strength for a myrmidon. She's also going to be the fastest human being in Archanea. Oddly decent defense for her class too. All in all, pretty good Kris. Better than the one I had in my LP, anyway. Not that that is such a difficult accomplishment. That bastard was worse than Wrys!

In CGs, nobody has eyes.

Not right. Roshea has eyes. Once again proving Roshea is the best Wolfguard.

NO8TvoW.png

gUp7RwH.pngqfC1X62.png

I love how the Katarina CG is still on the touchscreen.

Ah yes. These two. Luke is pretty consistently considered to be top tier. I... I don't think I've ever used him in all my years playing FE12. In fact, I've neglected the 7th platoon as a whole pretty heavily. Guess I'm weird like that. Then again, I'm the guy who unironically loves Belf and Leiden, so... Eh.

Yjdyj0o.png

His shoulder spikes are inferior, but he's a kickass Jeigan all the same.

Retirement lowered his stats quite a bit,

Even though he, Jagen, may be old and senile, he won't lose to the likes of Luna--

3fNkubI.png

Dangit, stupid Avatar plot armor!

d1MqnVJ.png
Stamp111.png

You know I play too much Kaga when this actually looks half good.

Strength on a myrmidon is awesome, especially considering Luna only got a meager 5% extra strength growth from her traits. So yeah. Don't complain.

Ever the humble ki-- I mean, prince.

This has always confused me. At this point it's been a year. Marth should definitely be a king. I just don't get why everyone insists on calling him "prince"!

Let me know what you think of this idea, if I should keep going like this, and... yeah! I'll hopefully see you guys in the next part!

I support all things FE12. This game is awesome.

15 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

There's a reason not many people complain about FE12's map reuse. The maps that are reused are structured so differently that they don't feel the same.

1 minute ago, ping said:

I dare you to use Fighter!Yubello! Unironically his best class, elevates him to from an F- unit to an F+.

Frls1bii o

Lunatic, by the way. Feast thine eyes.

2 minutes ago, ping said:

I don't think it's physically possible to completely gimp Kris. Even the worst options (Archer or Mage, probably) with the worst backstory bonuses are still very good archers/mages.

Oh, I've got some of that too.

l0HKk50.png

Endgame Kris. Admittedly, I benched him after Altea, but how could I not? Look at those stats! 20/6 avatar and he's barely better than base Etzel!

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Okay, now here comes the fun part: the Avatar creation. I am a sucker for character creation of all kinds, so I was understandably excited about the possibility to make my own FE character..

Same. It's always fun to have that option, even if I go for the same customization options every time. xD

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

But yeah, I'm going with Fem!Kris for this one. I figured if it's going to be generic, might as well make it cute!

I might go for that option myself next time I play through FE12.

57 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Anna looks bored. Hope we can wake her up, eh?

4jvper.jpg

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Ah, the "I ran into you and I feel totally sorry about it" first meeting.
A classic!

Some tropes never die. Not that it's a bad one, of course.

Yep!

Let's hope she's as strong as the skill that she shares her name with!

tenor.gif?itemid=12381387

RIP future generation of Altean cavaliers. xD

He is indeed. Although you get a much better replacement for the replacement in an early chapter.

He's Siriusly one of the best units in the game.

Luna: "Shut up, the OG Jagen is talking."

Savage, Luna.

Fingers crossed for a dodgy crit goddess.

"What's a weapon triangle?" ~ Luna

DSFE.png

And Luna gets enough EXP to level up... aaaaand
d1MqnVJ.png
Stamp111.png

342853866766729217.png?v=1

prays to the RNGoddess for better level ups in the future

By the way, I did not reset. For some reason, the stat board in the upper screen doesn't get updated when you get a level up.

Huh, interesting.

Luna: "We?!?"

Looks like Katarina is suffering from Titania syndrome as well. xD

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

xD

Luna: "Together...? Uhh... okay, I guess. She's totally gonna betray us, isn't she?"

Katarina is sus.

And that concludes Prologue 1! Nothing too exciting has happened yet, but I think we're calling it a day here.

I think it's a great idea and I'm looking forward to what comes next! 👍

I will try to let you guys participate to some degree, whether it will be through naming my forges or deciding which characters I should use or what to reclass, but we'll see how it goes first! After all, the Prologue is quite lengthy, as far as I know.

Eheheheh yeeesss. I shall sabotage your LP from within...

4ULlnLm.png

Ive always thought that CG Katerina radiates serious off brand anime protagonist vibes. 

Good Luck, I'm mostly here for punnage . 

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Frls1bii o

OH YESSSS

41 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

l0HKk50.png

OH NO

I guess if you want to ruin your Kris, making them a mage is a first step :lol: I remember one playthrough where I wanted to start as a mage and then do some Levin Sword shenanigans after promotion. Great plan, flawless plan, except Kris basically gained like two or three points for Mag in 15 level-ups. Mind you, Mage!Kris has a 45% Mag growth without factoring in the backstory bonuses...

2 minutes ago, JimmyBeans said:

Man I'm a sucker for these kind of LP's, super excited for this.

Also @The Roger The Paladin I see you here. BACK TO YOUR CAGE! you have an LP to finish. :^)

Cage? More like vacation after the last few months. You know how it is. You get sick for a while, and next thing you know you're putting your life back together because you let your entire life, personal and professional take a slide. That said... I'd be remiss to let that Caeda I have wait much longer.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

IkaICch.png

Wa-hey, look! It's bench juice!

Cain will make sure it's freshly squeezed.

And wait, is there something else I've missed for the rules? You suggested something was up around the point you were sorting out Luna's details.

Spoiler
22 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Very true, shipping Kris with Katarina is always a good ship, on matter the gender.

Good old cancer man will come to Jeigan after the prologues. It is kinda amusing how they wrote in a reason for his abysmal growths.

qplcixR.png

I like being Myrmidon/Swordmasters to build up speed (and sword rank) in the prologue. Not sure how much class changing you are intending to do though.

c6Ydt1h.png

Keep going, New Mystery is a great game that is well worth playing (and LPing). I may be reading into this, but it looks like you plan to soft ironman, and if so, that will be interesting to watch...

20 hours ago, ping said:

Everyone always picks on poor little Yubello. Draggy should let Yubello shine as what ever class he wants, even as a Sage he will be fine if you treat him well. Just treat him with care, as Yubello starts out small and fragile.

Good luck with the LP!

I tried to make one once, it was exhausting to the point I didn't finish it. Screenshot LPs can be a lot of writing, though I'm sure putting the oomph into a video LP with commentary besides the additional technical challenges can be as draining or more.

My replies to your replies!

Spoiler
On 10/26/2020 at 2:43 PM, Benice said:

Luna?

...Luna?

hzMRMjB.png

Ahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

I think I triggered some PTSD there... my bad!

Welp, according to SF...

Neat! My generic backstory/character is actually good!
Thank you for looking it up for me! ^^

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I like how this is the generic enemy soldier portrait as well.

At least generic enemy soldiers HAVE portraits in this game!

It's gonna be a good LP.

I hope so!

FE12.txt

Indeed. Expect a lot more where that came from.
Maybe.
Though I'll try and find ways to make it less aggravating. Hopefully.

Oh! Well then.

Thanks! ^^

On 10/26/2020 at 4:01 PM, The Roger The Paladin said:

With or without True Hit?

Nice one! XD
I think FE12 uses True Hit, so I'd go with that!

Orphan gives +2 base strength and magic, as well as a +5% growths to those stats. Could help make up for the shortcomings of a myrmidon (the lower strength growth/base and the sword mt).
Kindness gives +1 base defense and +5% growth in same. Likewise, this could help balance out your class choice.
Unlike the other 2, Honorable doesn't give a base (as future choices only affect growths) and doesn't counterbalance an inherent shortcoming of the class. Instead, the +15% to skill and speed growths should help guarantee you hit that speed cap.
Having taken a peak ahead, I can see the bases line up (yes, you'd have had 5 strength and 4 defense if you made other choices related to another stat like HP or Luck)

It's a good thing I picked what I did, then!

As for growths, in your current class:
70% HP/40% strength/10% magic/65% Skill/75% speed/60% luck/30%defense/5% resistance
Make of that what you will, but it looks pretty workable. Especially if you make any use of the boosted strength, defense and speed growths.

Looks pretty solid!

Missed the chance for a joke with it though. After all, if you played the highest difficulty....
It'd be a Luna-tic run.

I am disappointed in myself now. >.>

Funny thing. If you look at the map on the bottom screen here... it's the same map that's the second part of the prologue in Shadow Dragon. Which is hardly surprising because even that's a smaller segment of the entryway to the castle from chapter 17 of Shadow Dragon (which is also used in this game as chapter 16... meaning that area at the entrance of Altea castle has seen a lot of Archanea's history)
Kind of gives you an idea we're operating in a functional world instead of a series of maps.

Oooh, that's a nice little detail indeed.
I confess, I hadn't noticed! Awesome!

Map reuse is my biggest gripe with that game, not gonna lie

It's kind of sad in some ways that he wasn't playable... but he does get some great dialogue out of it. Just not this chapter.

At least he stays with us as advisor. And Arran will serve us well in his place, I hope.

And with a 75% speed growth... that's unlikely to change.

If things go well, she should be able to cap Speed before reaching level 20... in which case I should think about an early promotion.
Or a class change, to boost her other stats. Though that leaves the question what classes she can even change into that would boost the other growth rates significantly enough...
We shall see!

To be fair, odds are the ones who got stomped last time aren't here. Hence Altean soldiers will fall into two categories.... Marth's allies from the war of shadows, or the guys who've joined after the war and have limited experience in combat. This map has both.

That is true.
Unless someone found multiple Aum Staves and resurrected them all.

Benice had buff Florina. Saint Rubenio had buff Faye. I had buff Caeda. Can this be the next buff (relatively) low strength growth unit people will talk about? Only time will tell.

I'm hoping for the best!

In other thoughts, that point of strength is worth two while she's doubling everything.

True! And I love it!

Anyways, congrats on joining the SCU.... like so many others. It seems screenshot LP has had it's renaissance lately...

Thank you!
I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I didn't know which game to pick.

I would take out my above analysis... but I figure I'm leaving it in because I added in the actual growth rates.

I found both of your explanations very helpful! Thank you very much!

On 10/26/2020 at 4:20 PM, ping said:

I promised Rubenio to do this, so do this I shall!

There's some minor decisions to be made in the prologue - three choices which character to first fight and then recruit, in case you want people to vote on that.

Good idea!

Unless the RNG decides to say "hey, it's time to screw Kris!" XD

Looking forward to see what hairstyle you'll end up keeping!

Oh yeah, you get some rather silly options while playing, don't you? I had completely forgotten about that!

On 10/26/2020 at 4:26 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh boy, a FE12 LP. This was the first game I LPed. That was a pretty huge mess, to be honest. I don't recommend it.

We were talking about it, I wanted to replay it anyway, so I figured "Why not?"
Humiliation follows suit.

When it comes to Kris, I always try to make up an original character for them. They fail at being an Avatar, but it's not like I enjoy self-inserting into games, anyway. So I use my imagination instead!

I'm trying to do the same in this LP, hence the different lines I "gave" her.
Her original ones just say... nothing, basically. It's "training", "grandfather", and... yeah, that's it, basically.

To me, this looks like anything. Not really what I'd call "unoriginal", to be honest. Unless it's a reference. Then I'm afraid I missed it.

I was referencing the fact that I changed only very little from how the standard look is.

Hmmmmm...

Expect her to start off with uncharacteristic strength for a myrmidon. She's also going to be the fastest human being in Archanea. Oddly decent defense for her class too. All in all, pretty good Kris. Better than the one I had in my LP, anyway. Not that that is such a difficult accomplishment. That bastard was worse than Wrys!

Oh boy! XD

Not right. Roshea has eyes. Once again proving Roshea is the best Wolfguard.

I'll be using him, then. Maybe. If I can recruit the Wolfguard.

Ah yes. These two. Luke is pretty consistently considered to be top tier. I... I don't think I've ever used him in all my years playing FE12. In fact, I've neglected the 7th platoon as a whole pretty heavily. Guess I'm weird like that. Then again, I'm the guy who unironically loves Belf and Leiden, so... Eh.

Replaying the game, they remind me a bit of Kent and Sain from FE7.
Rody is about as interesting as watching paint dry (like Kent)
And Luke's ego can either be very entertaining or very grating (although there is nothing entertaining about Sain's philanderer nature, so Luke > Sain).

His shoulder spikes are inferior, but he's a kickass Jeigan all the same.

And I'll be getting his supports for sure!

Even though he, Jagen, may be old and senile, he won't lose to the likes of Luna--

Dangit, stupid Avatar plot armor!

More like stupid Vulnerary! Without that, Luna would've bitten the dust.

You know I play too much Kaga when this actually looks half good.

Strength on a myrmidon is awesome, especially considering Luna only got a meager 5% extra strength growth from her traits. So yeah. Don't complain.

Got it!

This has always confused me. At this point it's been a year. Marth should definitely be a king. I just don't get why everyone insists on calling him "prince"!

Maybe they thought "Prince" Marth rolls off the tongue better than "King" Marth.

I support all things FE12. This game is awesome.

I remember very much enjoying it on my first run through.

There's a reason not many people complain about FE12's map reuse. The maps that are reused are structured so differently that they don't feel the same.

Difference being that the maps they reuse here are from a different game (I think). And it makes sense that we would be fighting on some of those same maps, considering it's still the same world, just one year later.
Three Houses (and Echoes, sadly) reuse maps within the game itself.

Frls1bii o

Lunatic, by the way. Feast thine eyes.

I see that capped Speed. Nice!

Oh, I've got some of that too.

l0HKk50.png

Endgame Kris. Admittedly, I benched him after Altea, but how could I not? Look at those stats! 20/6 avatar and he's barely better than base Etzel!

Can we get an F?

On 10/26/2020 at 6:01 PM, JimmyBeans said:

Man I'm a sucker for these kind of LP's, super excited for this.

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!

On 10/26/2020 at 7:44 PM, Dayni said:

Cain will make sure it's freshly squeezed.

He is the instructor for the 7th Platoon, so yeah, he will!

And wait, is there something else I've missed for the rules? You suggested something was up around the point you were sorting out Luna's details.

Oh, nothing major! I just wrote my own lines for Luna, because the actual ones in the game are... well, they are.
That's about it, really!

On 10/27/2020 at 1:04 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

Very true, shipping Kris with Katarina is always a good ship, on matter the gender.

Person of culture right here!

Good old cancer man will come to Jeigan after the prologues. It is kinda amusing how they wrote in a reason for his abysmal growths.

I really like that, actually. It's nice gameplay/story integration.

I like being Myrmidon/Swordmasters to build up speed (and sword rank) in the prologue. Not sure how much class changing you are intending to do though.

I'm actually not sure of that myself.
Swordmaster is definitely tempting due to the high Speed and thus doubling potential. I guess I'll see how Luna develops and then look at the classes she can change into and decide from there.

Keep going, New Mystery is a great game that is well worth playing (and LPing). I may be reading into this, but it looks like you plan to soft ironman, and if so, that will be interesting to watch...

An Ironman, eh?
Hmm... sounds good!

Everyone always picks on poor little Yubello. Draggy should let Yubello shine as what ever class he wants, even as a Sage he will be fine if you treat him well. Just treat him with care, as Yubello starts out small and fragile.

Will do!
Luckily, class changing doesn't actually cost you anything, so I can try him as a Fighter and if that doesn't work, I can still make him something else.

On 10/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

Good luck with the LP!

Thank you!

I tried to make one once, it was exhausting to the point I didn't finish it. Screenshot LPs can be a lot of writing, though I'm sure putting the oomph into a video LP with commentary besides the additional technical challenges can be as draining or more.

I'm definitely much better with text than I am with speech. If I did this as a video LP, you probably wouldn't hear me speak a lot. XD
I was considering doing video LPs for a while, but my finances and living space wouldn't permit that, so I kinda gave up on that.

The update!

Spoiler

Part 2: Dumpster Fire Prologue 3!

Welcome back! Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Eq29Npt.png2N5WM4m.pngYb3qyR7.pngKGcAnQ3.pngAFN6v35.png7EO6AXB.pngUPAR5Ad.png3XgVDlY.png

Part 2 starts us off with a recap of the events that transpired during Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, just in case someone hasn't played that game. I have, I think most of you will have, too, but I'm leaving it in, anyhow!

I also really like the artworks here. Very cool stuff!

n6fH4Uq.pngpPz9ebT.pngbhcuJSb.pngewrxTq9.pngjjr11Gs.png71FCMMZ.pngJ5mMqa3.pngcrMHTud.png

Especially that picture where Marth stands before Medeus' fallen body has a certain something to it.
Fan of dragons though I may be, I will say, that CG is... almost inspiring, in a way?

cwN4glA.png

Makes you wonder what all the nations north of Aurelis were doing, doesn't it?
If there are even nations up there, that is.

Anyway...
Luna: "Yes, game I have played Shadow Dragon before!"
Jokes aside, I do like this recap for anyone whose first FE was this one.

97WgHDM.png

Lettuce begin!

WxHVhiG.png

Luna: "Oh boy... who else do we have?"

The lucky seven is our number! Well, we're gonna need a bit of luck (and skill) to overcome the challenges ahead!

1HSI45u.png

Wrong game, Luke! Radiant Dawn was two games ago!

cOlnekL.png

Luke and Rody, or, as I like to call them: Archanea's Sain and Kent.
At least Luke just has a big ego, so that makes these two automatically better.
Still, unless you guys decide differently, I have no intention of using them past the Prologue.

iZSiYuy.png

Gordin's little brother, Ryan, is also with us.
You... are opening your eyes at some point, though, right?

4dnjXHL.png

Luna's thoughts: "A bootlicker, a guy in love with himself, personified boredom, and a shota. Well, ain't that just peachy!"

21SRy8e.pngm6DqOli.pngalaGMOn.pngkHNx9Vo.png

Katarina's bootlicking continues.
Although to be fair, Luke would make a crappy leader, as we'll soon find out.

pssE72M.pngy1XqsT8.pngVFdb63K.png

Luna: "You forced yourself on me. I had no choice!"

z8melcm.pnghAIbemr.pngrTcKRpZ.pngmBRwuq8.pngFgpkBJU.pngjQNfB0o.pngGtrdDEv.png

As self-absorbed as Luke is, his idea isn't THAT bad. As Rody confirms for us.
Thanks, Rody!

aZbJSEl.png

Luna: *heavy sigh*

u64EQS9.pngKdXv9dL.png

All jokes aside, I do genuinely enjoy how the 7th Platoon grows together as a team. And even though Luke and Rody aren't the most interesting characters around, I do like the 7th Platoon as a whole. They play off of each other rather well.
Now, if only Kris had an actual personality...

gjQTLkE.pngAvtmmIq.pngnyqAriL.pngg6j9o8I.png

Oh, Luke, you poor fool...

w8JtNKU.png

And so we start the map!
Here is our newest ally, the Archer, Ryan, who has... rather high base Defense, actually.
Well, it can only serve him well on these small maps.

bVdz4j8.pngtikgLZn.png

In any case, we are up against Luke and Rody. Their stats nothing to write home about, but if they did attack at the same time, this map could turn into a nightmare. For now, only Luke is our opponent. And he uses a sword, so he has no WTA over Luna.
Sad thing is, due to his whopping 9 Mov, there is no safe space for Ryan.

lv5e8BR.png

So I have Ryan hide on the fort and place Luna next to him, like so.
Should Luke attack him, Ryan will have his Defense buffed and will hopefully not die in two hits.
Luna does die in two hits, however, which is... not great.

SvO9jKP.pngT9yIFfS.pngDI1VTHX.png

Luna: "Oh, you don't need to worry about that. ... Like, at all."
Anyway, Luke goes for Luna, surprisingly, even though Rody has no way of attacking back. This means that Luke takes some damage this turn, after all! Yay!
I was so stunned by Luke going for Luna, I forgot to take a screenshot of their battle.

d9GT5k1.pnghdIh3Lt.png

This is the aftermath of their fight.
Gl4xnHe.png

Ryan cannot get the kill, but he can chip Luke down, so Luna can take him out safely on the next attack.
Unless he misses.

7T5aVTu.pnggGcGAe9.png

Which he doesn't do! Way to go, little guy!

H7sIGq6.pngSJdlsz3.png

Thank goodness this game has no skills.
Luke with Vantage would have been brutal. And I should stop giving IntSys ideas.

dakZ4a5.png5KlvQ1r.png

Only one opponent left!
I turn on his range just to be safe. From where I am, I wouldn't be able to engage him, so the good old lure strategy is what I go for.

cEtObbZ.pngtIEoWQT.png4KUHvu3.pngUCeA4YV.png

I place Luna on the edge of Rody's range and have her drink a Vulnerary to be safe.
Ryan goes next to her, even though it really doesn't do anything. I think.

HI3caas.pngCDECLBz.pngcQnlNjJ.pngidGxpWe.png

Rody does indeed go in for the attack, but even though he has WTA, he shares his buddy's fate and is now low enough that Ryan can get the K.O.

E48irug.pnguPsgrwV.png

That's... not going to help you in this situation, my guy.

oX5WsfU.pngs4MHhai.pngNE0uL6z.pngusDjph8.png

Aaaand that's a wrap!

uGxDBqA.pngYdfzy9X.pngw2Jxz0T.pngZchXiLP.png

Yeah, had you two attacked together, I would've been screwed, that's true.

INm0dxo.pngfU6Zlvr.pngu5GiA2i.png1T4HnHr.png

Power of friendship! Archanea edition!
Luna... doesn't look to pleased about it, though.

8dWfs4f.pngnBFqho0.pngf0CaXEt.pngxt7KNDD.png

Hehe... just you wait, Katarina... Just you wait...

7Opimt6.pngoBf06xS.pnguTK42fr.pngXxM3C2P.png

Nope!
But he will, now that he is under my command!
... Uh, I hope.

DeWv3U9.pngRhrCex4.pngvAJfcgh.png

This confirms it. Falcom played Fire Emblem 12 before making the Trails of Cold Steel games!
Because every damn character in those games has some weird title or another. It's ridiculous, I tell you!

HvnQkaN.pngYjJO62Z.pngcq33RiT.pngXrsadbm.png

Genericness confirmed!

4dZAivz.png

And that concludes Prologue 2! Let's keep going, shall we?

aXr17G5.pnghTDVS6w.pngrLkIatl.pngKtIVvkJ.png

And we will need that...

8399pAI.png

I Cain't wait who it will be!

eYFRC0m.png8FkBIDy.pngQaKVlF9.png

He's... not kidding.

GTFtOUB.png2cjHOSC.png

Let's hope I Cain meet his expectations then!

cD2X9mA.pngCCg1Jg5.pngXc4YYhZ.pngxnUD1uX.png

Oh god...

Wait, she doesn't have her Wing Spear...? Phew...

D68Z8zC.pngAdXzkGo.png

Me too, Katarina. Me too.
But Ryan should serve us well here... I hope.

fs6aQeY.pngM013lTh.png

First up, two new units: Luke and Rody!

OfC32ZA.png

And our opponent is Shiida, who, by my calculations, will double everyone not named Luna...
And look at her range... I definitely want to deal with the two Fighters and the Merc first before taking her on, so my space is very... very limited.

bcIpzEL.png8cDz5gP.pngcMop9tx.png

Not to mention these guys are powerful enough to kill any of my units in two shots. Yikes.
Well, the Merc isn't, but he's a problem all on his own.
Oof.

CzlkRLt.pngjbrIfCT.png

Since there is no free space anywhere, I decide to hide Ryan behind Luna and Luke and have Rody wait on the lower fort.
The upper Fighter can't reach me this way... but the others will still be able to.

Kt6VocS.pngXOKMbGz.pngFJPunrU.png

The first Fighter attacks and Luna crits him on the second hit. She also gains a level-up.

a7GjjR0.png

Ehehe... and a bad one at that.

T7QCciO.png

But then, disaster strikes.

6MQ4NOK.png5ZIv96g.pngJZbCPGi.pngXFyLFWs.png

I... have never felt so embarrassed...

ckfhMME.pngrIfMCr8.pngVJMfCSc.pngPzXrWK1.pngSlSMOPp.png

Attempt number two ends the exact same way, because I am very smart.
Also, I forgot that the Merc has 7 Mov.

Kinda wish I could've kept that Level Up...

mZHRDXf.png

Attempt number three, I decide to put Rody on the lower fort as before, but instead of huddling everyone else in the upper corner, I move Ryan next to him and then place Luna and Luke around Ryan. Luke won't die to the Fighter + Merc, so he is safe, leaving only Luna in danger... and that is only if she decides to crit again.

PTyDva5.pngc9toTq9.pngRA3fonY.png

Which luckily, she doesn't do. The level up is... decent, I suppose. I would've wished for more Strength, but I'll never say no to Speed!

K39U1uL.pngcIbL2cJ.png

Luke also easily survives the Mercenary, leaving us with two opponents near death. And the other two cannot reach us from where they are.

gzUwn36.pngmKkRZs6.png0h2Q8xQ.png

I have Ryan chip the Merc and Luke kill the Fighter.

zg3OeIO.png7QgWc1R.png

Rody can now kill the Merc without being in danger of dying to the second Fighter he is now in range of.

3yYj503.pngwG5jscP.png

Meanwhile, Luna uses her last Vulnerary. I place her there, confident that the Fighter will go for the guy he has WTA over.

8FpwIPv.png

And he does. And I notice that Rody wouldn't have died even if the Merc had gotten a hit on him.

rqwoEI8.pngsmepgNA.pngkjkKxlK.pngRdK9Peu.png

Ryan chips the Fighter while Rody goes to hide on the fort.

2oz6iId.pngsfFEmUl.pngqrcAae9.png

Luke at him go!
Only Shiida remains!

19ThWPY.pngClgffhf.pngaJqbPsF.pngNwPe5bR.png

Since Luna is the only one who doesn't get doubled, I lure Shiida in with her.

zKYLryM.pngffLx6er.png

Luckily, Luna does not miss her counter, which leaves Shiida low enough...

xaP2ozo.pngkc4cvWT.pnghy1IFt3.pngo9pDSo5.png

Ryan shows the Pegasus Knight's biggest weakness: arrows.
And he gets a decent level out of it.

laSOAm8.png

The "Map Clear" thing decided to stay at home this time.
Just kidding, I was too late taking the screenshot.

e8uUcb8.pngb7sW7jN.png

Luna: "Sure thing. That was a fun fight, even if I died twice... Damn you, player!"

1g8qFLi.png

Luna: "Wait really? Awesome! ... But... are we even allowed to?"

ospsLig.pngHTE8x4Z.pngMNMTCBn.png

Luna: "More reliable than you, I imagine. ... But still, we're trainees. Can we really ask Shiida to help us?"

lFFiyeT.png87p6Y6N.png

Do we or do we not? Vote in the poll!

So yeah, that was part 2! I hope you enjoyed me humiliating myself! XD

Resets: 2
Deaths:

• Luna (2x)
  • My credibility

Spoiler
 9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll be using him, then. Maybe. If I can recruit the Wolfguard.

Roshea? Jeez... I tried using him in my LP, but it was... Not great.

Which is a shame, honestly. I really like him as a character. He may be mute in 11, but 12 does wonders for him.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Part 2 starts us off with a recap of the events that transpired during Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, just in case someone hasn't played that game. I have, I think most of you will have, too, but I'm leaving it in, anyhow!

Actually, when I first played 12, I hadn't played 11. I'm weird, like that. It wasn't until I got my hands on the "prologue on hard" and "unlock all gaidens without killing off the entire army" patches that I gave the game a real try.

11 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Especially that picture where Marth stands before Medeus' fallen body has a certain something to it.

Oh yeah, one of the best for sure.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Still, unless you guys decide differently, I have no intention of using them past the Prologue.

The jackets, man. Have you seen Belf and Leiden's jackets? I swear, I want one of those.

Luke with Vantage would have been brutal.

Luke would be the one with Deathmatch, actually. Rody would have Vantage.

...Oh wait, right, you haven't played Berwick Saga. You should You must Okay that's enough of that.

15 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Nope!
But he will, now that he is under my command!

Or he'll die. Either one might come to pass.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

xnUD1uX.png

Oh god...

She doesn't need it. Pretty sure even on just hard she doubles everyone. In Lunatic she murders the entire team, no questions asked.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

cMop9tx.png

Not to mention these guys are powerful enough to kill any of my units in two shots. Yikes.
Well, the Merc isn't, but he's a problem all on his own.

In my experience, the best solution here is to just place everyone in a straight line, on the border of the map. In this difficulty, anyway. In Lunatic it proved... problematic.

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

XFyLFWs.png

Don't. These chapters aren't as easy as you'd think. There's no shame in failing them.

19 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

PTyDva5.pngc9toTq9.pngRA3fonY.png

Which luckily, she doesn't do. The level up is... decent, I suppose. I would've wished for more Strength, but I'll never say no to Speed!

Ehh, not bad, that works! Magic is good for levin sword purposes. This is a fine level.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Clgffhf.pngaJqbPsF.pngNwPe5bR.png

Since Luna is the only one who doesn't get doubled, I lure Shiida in with her.

Hah! I like the Navarre reference here. She has a different line depending on the avatar's class, obviously. She panics if the avatar's an archer... but doesn't react to Ryan, funnily enough.

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

HTE8x4Z.png

This is absolutely hilarious. Luke, Rody, Cecil and Ryan are all so bad compared to the FE11 veterans (in the prologue, anyway), that it's possible to end up taking the final test with only one of the test takers. And yet everyone gets knighted anyway. Thanks for nothing, guys.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

87p6Y6N.png

Gee, I wonder which one you should choose. The version of the map with no archers that yields the prologue's Jeigan, or the one that has you facing a friggin' sniper and doesn't even give you the sniper, but a slightly better Ryan.

This choice is so unbalanced. All of them are, really.

Spoiler

32 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

CzlkRLt.pngjbrIfCT.png

Oh. I...Think that someone died.

... have never felt so embarrassed...

If it makes you feel better, I couldn't get past this map on Lunatic. These early maps are quite tough!

hy1IFt3.png

10/10 death quote i cri everitime

lFFiyeT.png87p6Y6N.png

Hm...Well, yes gets us Athena, who is quite good, and I like myrmidons.

But no gives us

Buuuuut the No map is much tougher, so Imma be merciful and say Yes.

EDIT: Nah, I've changed my mind! You must have Five Points!

Luna's thoughts: "A bootlicker, a guy in love with himself, A bootlicker, and A bootlicker. Well, ain't that just peachy!"

Fixed it for ya!

Xrsadbm.png

Fun fact, this changes depending on what you chose as your MC stuff. I think I chose beautiful once. But he didn't say Benice the Thick. 0/10 translation patch.

I'm hoping for the best!

Buff Vyland. Nobody uses Vyland.

Edited by Benice

54 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

cwN4glA.png

Makes you wonder what all the nations north of Aurelis were doing, doesn't it?
If there are even nations up there, that is.

Spoilers: We'll hear a bit on this. We also don't see Khadein on this map for some reason. (Also a certain other nation that Archanea does pretty much nothing with)

Xrsadbm.png

Genericness confirmed!

We'll see if this adds up or if Luna kills 200 somehow.

XFyLFWs.png

How often will this appear I wonder.

(Also Rubenio's not wrong, Lyn mode this ain't.

o9pDSo5.png

Ryan shows the Pegasus Knight's biggest weakness: arrows.
And he gets a decent level out of it.

Someone might as well get Strength.

I say Yes.

Edited by Dayni

Spoiler

On 10/27/2020 at 2:26 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

An easy explanation? One becomes bestowed with the title of King after the coronation ceremony. This is separate to the Accession of the throne. History is full of examples where there were delays in such. A example being Queen Elizabeth II (the current one), who took 16 months between accession and coronation. Furthermore, it's not entirely unheard of for a kingdom to require the heir to the throne take a spouse for purpose of "securing the royal bloodline" prior to the coronation. Assuming that's the case, it could simply be because Marth and Caeda haven't tied the knot yet.

30 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oooh, that's a nice little detail indeed.
I confess, I hadn't noticed! Awesome!

I'm not sure a lot of people do notice things like that. I've also wondered if the building Gordin's in during the prologue of Shadow Dragon isn't a upscaled version of the one Xane's in later... but the village location nearby disagrees.

35 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Map reuse is my biggest gripe with that game, not gonna lie

For me.... it's how much the monastery slows things to a crawl in replays.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If things go well, she should be able to cap Speed before reaching level 20... in which case I should think about an early promotion.
Or a class change, to boost her other stats. Though that leaves the question what classes she can even change into that would boost the other growth rates significantly enough...
We shall see!

Offhand, I'd say a cavalier would boost her strength/defense growths. There's no affecting the luck naturally. (Having checked, +5% to strength, skill and defense while not actually dropping anything but 20% speed, which won't matter as much if you're capped in the main class and just using it temporarily) Or maybe it will because of that -5 base speed. Guess you'll have to see when you get there.

51 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

w8JtNKU.png

And so we start the map!
Here is our newest ally, the Archer, Ryan, who has... rather high base Defense, actually.
Well, it can only serve him well on these small maps.

Ryan had a surprising amount of pull through my ironman thanks to reclassing to hunter, then switching between Warrior and Sniper after promotion. He ended up capping Skill, Strength and Speed. He ended up being a pretty solid delete button on player phase.

58 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

H7sIGq6.pngSJdlsz3.png

Luke with Vantage would have been brutal. And I should stop giving IntSys ideas.

Honestly, I imagine Rody would've been more likely to use Vantage. Luke strikes me more as the "Wrath" type.

RA3fonY.png

Get enough speed, and you can do things about the strength.

36 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Luke would be the one with Deathmatch, actually. Rody would have Vantage.

...Oh wait, right, you haven't played Berwick Saga. You should You must Okay that's enough of that.

I made a joke relating to this... but with a skill from Fire Emblem I thought was more... suited.

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hah! I like the Navarre reference here. She has a different line depending on the avatar's class, obviously. She panics if the avatar's an archer... but doesn't react to Ryan, funnily enough.

Somehow I've missed this all this time. Maybe because I like fighters too much.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Fan of dragons though I may be, I will say, that CG is... almost inspiring, in a way?

Agreed.

Lettuce begin!

rs_500x210-150225105947-post-39018-Theod

The punning, that is. xD

Luna: "Oh boy... who else do we have?"

Drill grounds. We always have the drill grounds.

Luna's thoughts: "A bootlicker, a guy in love with himself, personified boredom, and a shota. Well, ain't that just peachy!"

Savage, Luna.

You... are opening your eyes at some point, though, right?

He's cursed with the same affliction that Elincia has, 'cept his hands aren't folded.

Oh, Luke, you poor fool...

Where have I seen such overconfidence from a young, green-armored cav before?

looks at FE7 Chapter 1

Oh yeah. That's where.

Sad thing is, due to his whopping 9 Mov, there is no safe space for Ryan.

RIP Smaller Gordin

Luna: "Oh, you don't need to worry about that. ... Like, at all."

giphy.gif

Aaaand that's a wrap!

Yay for Smaller Gordin!

Luna... doesn't look to pleased about it, though.

If I had to deal with someone like Luke, I'd probably be wearing the same expression. xD

Because every damn character in those games has some weird title or another. It's ridiculous, I tell you!

I dub him...Luke the Fool!

Oh, wait...someone in Falcomland already has that title.

Let's hope I Cain meet his expectations then!

xD

punning intensifies

No Win Spear for her this time around.

Ehehe... and a bad one at that.

F

I kept dying on the same map every time I tried it myself. It's rough.

Luna: "Sure thing. That was a fun fight, even if I died twice... Damn you, player!"

More savage, Luna.

We don't, because Luna has already played Shadow Dragon before. xD

Great update! Looking forward to the next one!

Here's to no more resets! 👍

On 10/26/2020 at 8:26 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Plenty of places had Princes as their rulers, especially a lot of the members of the Holy Roman Empire back in the day, and with the Holy Kingdom of Archanea being Altea's Suzerain, I kinda thought that was what they were going for with Altea (I mean Marth should have inherited Altea and its titles after his father died...)

Spoiler
4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Anyway, Luke goes for Luna, surprisingly, even though Rody has no way of attacking back. This means that Luke takes some damage this turn, after all! Yay!
I was so stunned by Luke going for Luna, I forgot to take a screenshot of their battle.

It depends on the difficulty whether or not Luke will go after Ryan...

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Seeing as the highest difficulty Lunatic Reverse basically gives every enemy Vantage+, so its a bit too late for that...

T7QCciO.png

But then, disaster strikes.

PzXrWK1.pngSlSMOPp.png

Attempt number two ends the exact same way, because I am very smart.
Also, I forgot that the Merc has 7 Mov.

You just got to find a way to make them attack two different people, like the old line strat, or

cIbL2cJ.png

Luke also easily survives the Mercenary, leaving us with two opponents near death. And the other two cannot reach us from where they are.

...I guess that works, since the Cav lives 2, and they spread the damage by going for the highest damage. This strat wouldn't quite work on Lunatic (maybe if that cav has a sword and high enough speed...) but good enough for this difficulty.

Its a hard game, no shame in taking a bit to figure it out.

Spoiler

On 10/29/2020 at 3:46 PM, DragonFlames said:

I promised Rubenio to do this, so do this I shall!

NIce! Yubello is one of my favourite shitty units of the series.

crMHTud.png

Bit of canon discontinuity here - it's supposed to read, "Marth stood absolutely no chance against Medeus, so he hid in a corner while Tiki gave her life for the cause, got revived, and then thrown into battle once again."

Yeah, the AI in the DS remakes is very intent on dealing damage and hardly cares about taking damage in return. Maybe he would've gone for Ryan if he and Luna both would've taken a fort.

Oh you sweet summer child.
(Why yes, FE12 has Lunatic Reverse as its highest difficutly, where every enemy has Vantage) (Why no, I haven't unlocked it. You need to beat "regular" lunatic first and I think I only got to... chapter 4, I think?)

On 10/29/2020 at 4:14 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't. These chapters aren't as easy as you'd think. There's no shame in failing them.

Agreed. The prologue maps tend to be fairly puzzle-like, where it helps immesely if you know which character any enemy will prioritize and in which order they move. Trial and error is absolutely normal at this stage of the game (which I personally don't mind too much, since the maps are super short, as well)