Ronan or Tanya?

ThatsEnoughBackTalk

Ronan has Adept, 3 Movement stars and one more mov.

Tanya has better growths except in Mag and 1% in Mov (particularly Str where he has 15% and there's no good scroll for it until late game), plus she'll match his Mov when she promotes.

It depends on how much you'll take other things than growths into consideration, which are in Ronan's favour.

They're both hilarious.

Ronan has increased movement and movement stars, which are kinda nice if you can get his shitty strength up. Tanya's growths are better, so she can be a more reliable option with less scrolls involved. They're both bad, but they can be fun to raise. Pick whichever's portrait makes you giggle the most.

I'd say Tanya if you're looking for a good bow user, her better growths matter more to me than Ronan's gimmicks. Though Thracia has fairly few fliers, mono-bow units are held back by being unable to ever Capture, and most of them start with low weapon ranks that increase at a glacial pace. If you don't mind using a mounted bow user instead, Selphina is probably the best bow unit.

I have used both, and like both, but they bring different enough things to the table that there isn't a clear one is better than the other. The things Ronan bring are a good movement growth, movement base, and movement stars, adept, plus comically good magic (hence resistance), whereas Tanya has a mutual support with Othin (I will note that Lief gives one way support to Ronan, and Dagdar one way support to Tanya), and slightly better combat growths. Like many have said pick one, and have fun.

Neither are particularly good, but Ronan is more fun to use then Tanya because of the funny movement stars and having like 10 move. Ronan's str isn't that good, but there are many good bows in Thracia he can use. Use Tanya if you want the better unit, but Ronan is usually more fun to use and isn't redemption less either.

13 hours ago, Jotari said:

Dagdar. He can use bows, right?

I had forgotten about him, but thats true of course promoted Marty is Best Bowman. He's is slow, though FE5 isn't huge on AS. It'll take until 20/8 for Tanya to match his base Str, and Ronan until 20/36 to match it. Scrolls can accelerate that somewhat, and help them more than Daggy because they can level more, but he can use them too.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer