Crown of Tundra

SSbardock84

I'm surprised there isn't any pokemon topics ever on here. Maybe I should've made this more broadly about Pokemon Sword and Shield in general, but since Crown of Tundra was recently released I'll just put this here.

Kind of surprised how quick Crown of Tundra took in comparison to Isle of Armor. I recall spending way more time on the latter, but I did everything except for all of the Legendary raids in the new DLC. What do you guys think of it compared to the last DLC? I really love the look of galarian Moltres, so that alone is my favorite take away. I'm not a big fan of the new dens because I don't have online and play with random NPCs, they make the dumbest decisions. It's challenging, but at least if you don't defeat the Legendary you get to keep one of the pokemon you caught. Though 8/10 times I feel its one I already have since my pokedex is complete for galar and mostly complete from the Isle of Armor.

Edited by SSbardock84

Honestly I prefer the Crown Tundra because the game doesn't try to tell me what to do more than it tries to suggest it. It leaves things for you to discover on your own rather than putting you on a set path with little deviation.

Personally, I have to get 3 more Pokédex entries recorded to complete that part of the Pokédex but once that's done, I've got the tournament to look forward to. And in the meantime, I can do some Dynamax Adventures if I don't wanna work on that.

Plus I find it glorious that you can use Dynamax Adventures to cheese the main story since beating Peony at the start of it isn't a requirement to carry on with the content.

Once you get access to them, it'll be easy to cheese the game if you have a rough idea on what to do.

CT has been suuuuuper fun for me, compared to IoA and base SwSh there's a lot of content to do and it's generally pretty fun too. I'm also really happy to see them add another Mythical to the pool of ones that're available outside events.

I'm very close to finishing the Dex myself, just the 2 new Regis (I'm shiny hunting Drago because ngl it looks clean as shit), Cobalion (somehow I never got one) and Spectrier, who should be easy to get with alts since Home apparently lets you transfer between profiles??? i legit never knew that but thats amazing

They managed to make Roaming Pokemon fun which, I guess taking out the annoying things would do that lmao. Moltres kinda stunk as a roamer but Articuno's minigame (although it would've been better if it was a little more clear) and Zapdos' chase were both pretty fun. I'm also just so, so glad the age of having to refight the E4 and champ to respawn legendaries is over, now they just respawn right away when reloading (or redoing the floor tiles for regis) which means if you didn't save you only lost Pokeballs, not hours of your time.