Legendary Hero - Dimitri: Savior King

Jave

I will be honest I really don't want fallen three houses mainly because I want actual three houses units that are actually different from the base game. Literally all the the three house lord units so far are entirely story based clasess brave/Legendary and base classes. So it would be nice to get something seasonal for them with future alts as it would offer something completely different for once than limited solely to Fodlan stuff.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Yexin said:

he isn't, he's a regular red unit

it's a joke. I never get Tibarn as a pitybreaker or anything like that. so he's a "myth" he doesn't exist for me. 

57 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Dimitri getting another alt in 2 months. Welp, IS is really trying to cash in on Three Houses' success,

well,  -the people voted in CYL. I think it was a given that Dimitri was going to be a Legendary. and I personally thought it would be now-ish (I willl admit when the 3H banner was all Churchy they'd go in a different direction) - but i do think they want to have the House Leaders apprx 6ish months apart. I mean we'll see come April if Claude's the hero or not.. 

Re: Dimitri. 
I don't think he needed all of those effects to be honest. it's sort of like Hector's refine. why did he need like several effects at once. and it just really just strengthens the fact. I am really really tired of Damage Reduction.  HIm having an Omni Smoke would have been fine (because Julia has Omni Lull). but that's about it. 

I do think units like Kris (who can neutralize penalties if the foes atk), Altena (who has the lull in her weapon, and with guard bearing. she could take a good first wack and have that mitgated) or some greens. (Alm has a lot of natural spd . I think echinda/Ross MAYBE if they ran solos or something). 

I'm more bummed about his art to be honest.

10 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm disappointed in this.

Like, all this is is just a reskinned Brave Dimitri. 

Why did they not use Boar!Dimitri as the Legendary? Like, making post war AM Dimitri be the legendary is extremely redundant. 

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Seems like they're trying to find excuses to squeeze more alts out of him, rather than efficiently covering him and leaving those slots for others.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Seems like they're trying to find excuses to squeeze more alts out of him, rather than efficiently covering him and leaving those slots for others.

Maybe they plan on making a Fallen!Dimitri act as the boar Dimitri.

I'm surprised people didn't see this coming as soon as the Brave alts were revealed. Legendary is right after the war, Brave is after they ascend to rule Fodlan, and both Dimitri and Edelgard will inevitably have their Fallen versions. 

I really wish they had taken more creative routes for the CYLalts...

47 minutes ago, trainer_derp said:

I'm surprised people didn't see this coming as soon as the Brave alts were revealed. Legendary is right after the war, Brave is after they ascend to rule Fodlan, and both Dimitri and Edelgard will inevitably have their Fallen versions. 

I really wish they had taken more creative routes for the CYLalts...

I don't think anyone is surprised. I assumed Legendary Dimitri would be either this or his crazy version, and I was really hoping it wouldn't be this because it's so redundant and unnecessary.

22 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Not sure how I feel about Dimitri... looks like IntSys went to different units, picked an effect from each, put them together, and Dimitri was born. Feels kinda lazy and uncreative.

Creativity is pretty subjective though. If you pick any other effects for him, I could say it is uncreative too. Most of the game boils down to raw numbers, and most effects revolve around modifying those numbers and calculations, so most of them are not unique. I think SK!Dimitri is pretty creative based on his combination of effects. No other unit got a fully functional Spurn effect on their Weapon except BH!Ike, and SK!Dimitri also got a whole bunch of C skills on his B slot although I do not think it is actually that great due to Harsh Command.

The game rarely releases truly unique and creative stuff, and most of it was in the first two years. The last time they released a truly unique effect was Mila with her turn extension effect. That was creative. Off the top of my head, Firesweep, skill cancelation (Cancel Affinity), stat comparison (Heavy Blade), first combat per phase (Sessions), 2 space range (Drives), cardinal range (Ploys), super cardinal range (Arvis, Saias), column range (FH!Takumi), global range (Sabotage), rectangular area range (Structures), Live for Honor/Live for Bounty, Experience/Valor, Duels, map based effects/"skills" (Grand Conquest), Duo/Harmonic Heroes' extra "skill slot", Pair-Up, non-breakable obstacles for the AI (Structures), and Traps are the only other actual creative effects/conditions released since launch.

You can also maybe argue that percentage damage reduction (BH!Ike), defense tiles, and Luna Arc/Saintly Seraphim are also sort of creative since their "stat boost" is more nebulous or variable compared to the flat stat boosts of Fury, Blows, Stances, etc. However, I would not consider them creative since they are just a ripping off of Triangle Adept's and numerous Specials' percentage effects, and Triangle Adept and most Specials have been in the game since launch. DH!Xane can also be argued as sort of creative, but he is functionally just a suped up Eirika in my opinion.

Even Beasts are not creative either, since they basically just have an amalgamation of conditional "Hone Atk 1" for itself along with either Impact, Distant Counter, Grey Waves, or Harmonic depending on movement type. Transforming sprites is not all that creative either as dragons have already been there and done that.

13 hours ago, daisy jane said:

I am really really tired of Damage Reduction.

I think the Spurn effect on the Weapon is to appeal to players who spend on gameplay mechanics. With how bonkers Spurn effect is when stacked, players with the fodder will also probably drop Atrocity for Spurn. Outside of Distant Counter and maybe Null Follow-Up, nothing rivals Spurn in terms of tanking effects. For players like me, weak and mediocre effects are not going to open any of our wallets, no matter how creative the unit is. I do not think Intelligent Systems wants a repeat of SOL!Seliph, cause the only thing going for him is just his popularity with his fans.

Even though SK!Dimitri is pretty good over all, his biggest weakness is that he is a Legendary Hero, so he is not going to benefit from Mythic stats three quarters of the time. And players who spend on gameplay are also probably primarily spending it for doing Aether Raids, and not being able to use him in Aether Raids effectively is kind of a turn off.

Edited by XRay

On 10/28/2020 at 8:08 PM, Landmaster said:

It's the 3H artist, feeldbadman

What’s wrong with her style? I always looked at her work and always thought of it as Impressionistic, with the strong emphasis on the lighting, especially for the clothing. I like her work, though she’s not my favorite artist.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I think the Spurn effect on the Weapon is to appeal to players who spend on gameplay mechanics. With how bonkers Spurn effect is when stacked, players with the fodder will also probably drop Atrocity for Spurn. Outside of Distant Counter and maybe Null Follow-Up, nothing rivals Spurn in terms of tanking effects. For players like me, weak and mediocre effects are not going to open any of our wallets, no matter how creative the unit is. I do not think Intelligent Systems wants a repeat of SOL!Seliph, cause the only thing going for him is just his popularity with his fans.

Even though SK!Dimitri is pretty good over all, his biggest weakness is that he is a Legendary Hero, so he is not going to benefit from Mythic stats three quarters of the time. And players who spend on gameplay are also probably primarily spending it for doing Aether Raids, and not being able to use him in Aether Raids effectively is kind of a turn off.

Truthfully, people spend on this game for so many reasons. it doesn't matter if people are going to put spurn in his b slot (why it's in his weapon? why would you do something like that?) and there's nothing wrong with Seliph. he's a horse pair up and he's decent enough. Reduction is getting extremely tiresome. i honestly thought when Shinon got introduced, that we were going to start seeing the shift towards ignoring it but no - I mean we have drive damage reduction now. so whatever. it's all about guard and panic and everything and it's starting to get old and tiresome. 

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

Truthfully, people spend on this game for so many reasons. it doesn't matter if people are going to put spurn in his b slot (why it's in his weapon? why would you do something like that?) and there's nothing wrong with Seliph. he's a horse pair up and he's decent enough. Reduction is getting extremely tiresome. i honestly thought when Shinon got introduced, that we were going to start seeing the shift towards ignoring it but no - I mean we have drive damage reduction now. so whatever. it's all about guard and panic and everything and it's starting to get old and tiresome. 

It is on his Weapon because the more Spurns you can stack, the stronger it is compared to other skill combos. With just two stacks of Spurns, a unit essentially has 2.7 times their normal HP and healing is also 2.7 times more effective. A fully pimped out BH!Ike +Spd +10+15 with Summoner Support and three Mythics has a visible 73 HP, but in practice has essentially over 200 HP. I do not see how Lulls, Quick Riposte, and even Null Follow-Up can compete with stacked Spurns. With three copies of Spurn (Areadbhar, Spurn, Flayn), I do not think there is any reason to run any other skill combo as the unit practically has 4 times the amount of HP you see on screen. BH!Ike would essentially have around 300 HP.

The problem with Deadeye is that archers target Def and BH!Ike and SK!Dimitri both have high Def. Deadeye also only works on one hit per round, further hampering archers' ability to counter BH!Ike and SK!Dimitri. If they made Deadeye a 2 cooldown Special, then maybe archers would actually stand a chance at being a counter against BH!Ike and SK!Dimitri. The counter to Spurn would be Null Percentage Damage Reduction, but I am not sure if they are going to release that any time soon. Maybe once they have fully milked Spurn, they would milk Null Spurn skills next.

The enemy phase meta is all about percentage damage reduction, Special interruption, buff nullification, debuff nullification, and normal Spd check enforcement because those are the most powerful tanking effects on their respective skill slots. It is no different from player phase being all about Wings of Mercy Dancers/Singers, raw damage nukes (Brave, Blade, Blazing), Galeforcers, and maybe Firesweepers.

There is nothing wrong with SOL!Seliph, it is just that he does not offer any premium performance for your Orbs. The only thing unique about him is that he is basically just a slow mixed tanks imitating a fast tank's performance (if he kills something with Holy War's End, it is functionally no different from winning the Spd check denying the foe their follow-up attack), but both slow and fast mixed tanks are a dime a dozen.

Edited by XRay

Atrocity deals damage instead of boosting damage despite what its and Gaius's Candied Dagger's description says about boosting damage. Why is there even an inconsistency with the wording? It's baffling because Gangrel was introduced after Gaius gained Candied Dagger and Levin Dagger states deals damage instead of boost and it does exactly that: deals damage. We already have the Wo Dao weapons, Scendscale, Wrath, and other skills and weapons as examples or templates for descriptions for effects that deal goddamn damage and not boost goddamn damage.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Why is there even an inconsistency with the wording?

Assuming the Japanese side of the skill description makes sense, then I blame Treehouse. Treehouse's translation work quite frankly is just subpar sometimes. They fucked up Fates, but it is not super bad in most cases in Heroes, but you still see that dip in quality from time to time. The naming convention of Blow/Strike/Swift Sparrow and Stance/Posture is just super dumb. Blade tome effect description is also crap, as they could have just said "Grants Atk = total bonuses..." instead of the current "Grants bonus to unit's Atk = total bonuses..." since "bonus" is used in two different contexts in the same description.

7 hours ago, ZeManaphy said:

What’s wrong with her style? I always looked at her work and always thought of it as Impressionistic, with the strong emphasis on the lighting, especially for the clothing. I like her work, though she’s not my favorite artist.

I just find it ugly