Legendary Hero - Dimitri: Savior King

Jave

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Dimitri looks like he will be a fine addition to the roster of broken water legendaries that will ruin everyone's day is Arena and AR. Though Eddie won the brave race, Dimitri came as the victor of the legendary one. A slaying weapon, +5 to all stats, damage reduction, pulse smoke, -5 smoke type of debuff, and extra damage (at least 15). He can be built to be everything, from a player phase nuke to an enemy phase tank. 

Really good blue and green pool however, I was taking a break from feh and I don't have any orbs so I won't get him most likely. 

Not quiet convinced that is true. Sure Dimtri can do alot in a single combat but Edelgard can do a lot more combats in a single turn as the initiator with raging storm which can take out multiple support units with ease (dancers/ flayn/Brave Veronica/Brave Lucina/ect).  I think they are pretty much equal if anything or just function too differently to compare tbh.  Where as the brave versions of both tried to be super similar in being great tanks that survive a lot of things so it was more natural to compare the two versions. I don't think a straight comparison between the two legendary counterparts is workable because there functions are pretty different even if they are both supposed to be kill the enemy heroes.

Edited by vikingsfan92

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, SuperNova125 said:

Dimitri looks like he will be a fine addition to the roster of broken water legendaries that will ruin everyone's day is Arena and AR. Though Eddie won the brave race, Dimitri came as the victor of the legendary one. A slaying weapon, +5 to all stats, damage reduction, pulse smoke, -5 smoke type of debuff, and extra damage (at least 15). He can be built to be everything, from a player phase nuke to an enemy phase tank. 

Really good blue and green pool however, I was taking a break from feh and I don't have any orbs so I won't get him most likely. 

I really dont think he is that broken. A competent Green Mage or Green Melee unit shouldnt have much struggle to take him out. His base kit doesnt give him any form of autofollow up and doesnt prevent any form of autofollow up. Not saying he is bad, he is definitly strong, but he aint cancerous to deal with.

Well, I mean it wasn't hard to predict.

It's Dimitri, who's a water legendary? He comes with Aresdbhar (SC-1,St start of combat if unit has > 24% HP gets +5 to all stats and if unit Spd > foe Spd, reduces damage from attacks and AoEs by up to 40%), Blazing Wind, Sturdy Impact, Atrocity (If foe has > 49% HP, boosts damage by 25% of Atk, then inflicts -5 to all stats and Sc count +1 on target and foes in 2 spaces) and Odd Tempest 3 (On odd numbered turns unit can move an extra space. Oooo that's fascinating the day a seal happens). That Atrocity's kinda cruel., just a matter of what can take him on.

Anyways, Red has Mirabilis, L!Ryoma and L!Marth, Blue has Anan!M!Corrin and L!Chrom, Green has L!Edelgard, Thrasir and Fell!Lyon and Colourless has Eir, L!Alm and F!Grima. Well this is a two colour banner if I ever saw one; Green > Blue >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Red > Colourless.

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I really dont think he is that broken. A competent Green Mage or Green Melee unit shouldnt have much struggle to take him out. His base kit doesnt give him any form of autofollow up and doesnt prevent any form of autofollow up. Not saying he is bad, he is definitly strong, but he aint cancerous to deal with.

I think he is kind of built like his brave variation in the fact he really doesn't like mages or units like Petrine who can hit for res instead of defense.  Should be a bit better than his brave form but its still is a sore spot for him. I also think one his best counters that you can get right now is on the other three houses banner that is around right now Shamir with her bow. Mainly because it can stop dc if the Dimtri has it and it has color advantage. Also she is an archer so she can get deadeye if really necessary to deal with damage reduction.

Edited by vikingsfan92

3 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Dimitri has ... Scendscale in his B passive

Unless there was yet another translation error, Atrocity's damage effect is more like Draconic Aura rather than Scendscale. Atrocity's effect states it: "boosts damage by 25% of unit's Atk" when his foe's HP is >= 50% at the start of combat which is the same wording as the Dragon specials and the other stat scaling specials. Scendscale has the same wording as the deals damage effects: "Deals damage = 25% of unit's Atk, but after combat, if unit attacked, deals 7 damage to unit."

Regardless, it's funny how CYL Alm and legendary Dimitri are in a similar situation where they can't run a particular skill with their exclusive skill. Since Scendscale is an A passive, CYL Alm can't run Distant Counter to combo with Vantage or stack even more attack with Death Blow, Fury, L&D, or whatever as an A passive with Scendscale. Since Atrocity is a B passive, Legendary Dimitri cannot run Null C-Disrupt, Null Follow-Up, Special Spiral, Wrath, and so on alongside Atrocity.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's Dimitri, who's a water legendary?

Perhaps a connection to the Blue Lions' route being called Azure Moon, the word lunatic, and water? All I know from glimpses here and there, through CYL Dimitri, and as it was shown through trailer, Dimitri after the time-skip becomes unhinged. A lunatic if you will and I recall loosely that the word lunatic is related to the moon; luna in Latin means moon and it was believed the moon could cause sickness in people. In particular, madness. Related to the moon I also recall something about how the tides are affected by moon. So, moon, from Azure Moon and Dimitri's lunacy, and water which works for Dimitri being a water legendary.

Edited by Kaden

24 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I think he is kind of built like his brave variation in the fact he really doesn't like mages or units like Petrine who can hit for res instead of defense.  Should be a bit better than his brave form but its still is a sore spot for him. I also think one his best counters that you can get right now is on the other three houses banner that is around right now Shamir with her bow. Mainly because it can stop dc if the Dimtri has it and it has color advantage. Also she is an archer so she can get deadeye if really necessary to deal with damage reduction.

Or you know, you don’t spend orbs, promote a Boey and give him TA and his refine. Which instantly gives you a Dimitri, Chrom, Azura and Leif counter. 

Dimitri might take a while to kill, but because of lack of NFU effects he can be shut down easily in Arena Assault etc. 

Nice unit. Blue and green are great. Colourless would be nice for me aside from Grima. 

I have 1 orb since i was saving for the duo hero banner and then tried for Shamir fodder.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Perhaps a connection to the Blue Lions' route being called Azure Moon, the word lunatic, and water? All I know from glimpses here and there, through CYL Dimitri, and as it was shown through trailer, Dimitri after the time-skip becomes unhinged. A lunatic if you will and I recall loosely that the word lunatic is related to the moon; luna in Latin means moon and it was believed the moon could cause sickness in people. In particular, madness. Related to the moon I also recall something about how the tides are affected by moon. So, moon, from Azure Moon and Dimitri's lunacy, and water which works for Dimitri being a water legendary.

I guess, but even as he'd be a herder pick, I'd have wondered if Earth was a better pick, though it'd probably be more tenuous.

(Claude's wind for sure now)

2 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I also think one his best counters that you can get right now is on the other three houses banner that is around right now Shamir with her bow. Mainly because it can stop dc if the Dimtri has it and it has color advantage. Also she is an archer so she can get deadeye if really necessary to deal with damage reduction.

Shamir does have to go around some hoops to prevent a counterattack with her bow. She needs to not be adjacent to an ally for Survivalist Bow's Atk/Spd Solo 3 and she needs to be not be adjacent to an ally and her foe's HP be >= 80% HP for its Firesweep effect to work. If legendary Dimitri has Distant Counter and is not at that HP range or if he has Null C-Disrupt over Atrocity for whatever reason, he will be able to counterattack. If she is adjacent to someone, then legendary Dimitri with Distant Counter would be able to counterattack and probably be able to double her since it would be his 42 base neutral + 5 from Areadbhar's Spectrum Boost when his HP is >= 25% Spd to her 40 Spd before buffs and debuffs. I'm not trying to come off as saying Shamir's not going to work against legendary Dimitri. It's just that there are some issues. Eleonora would have an easier Firesweep condition of having higher speed than her foe, but it's her 38 base neutral + 3 from Mirage Longbow Spd to his 42 + 5 from Areadbhar's pretty lenient Spectrum Boost.

Vicious Sal mentioned Boey as a relatively cheap counter for a water legendary counter depending on how you view spending dew. 5* Arthur with his default Emerald Axe+ or his prf axe with its base or unique refinement effects active could probably take on legendary Dimitri and Arthur comes with Lancebreaker by default as well which legendary Dimitri cannot run both Atrocity and Null Follow-Up at the same time until we get a Null Follow-Up seal if that ever happens. That requires someone wanting to 5* Arthur. He wouldn't be able to counter against the ranged water legendary heroes or survive against legendary Leif for that matter. Darros with T-Adept 3 would work as well. Better than having a Boost skill as his A passive. Inherited Lancebreaker if you really have issues with him and other lance units. Darros's stats are similar to Arthur, but with less resistance, and Deck Swabber is a nifty weapon.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

I guess, but even as he'd be a herder pick, I'd have wondered if Earth was a better pick, though it'd probably be more tenuous.

The crest item of Blaiddyd being the Grim Dragon Sign made me think dark blessing for Dimitri and it would work for earth legendary.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

(Claude's wind for sure now)

Cue legendary Claude being an earth, fire, or water legendary instead.

Edited by Kaden

Not sure how I feel about Dimitri... looks like IntSys went to different units, picked an effect from each, put them together, and Dimitri was born. Feels kinda lazy and uncreative.

He is a very strong unit, for sure... and Dimitri's fans will enjoying having him... but I am not that happy.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Good art though its a shame he's not in his ''Kill every last one of them!'' mode. 

Don't spoil the upcoming fallen Dimitri alt!

I would be not surprised if that were to happen.

Edited by Kaden

7 hours ago, daisy jane said:

(also I believe TIbarn is myth 😉 )

he isn't, he's a regular red unit

anyway, not interested in this banner in the slightest, dimitri's cool but i hate legendary/mythic banners
more orbs for seteth and flayn i guess

38 minutes ago, Yexin said:

more orbs for seteth and flayn i guess

Yeah. That is my plan as well... kinda.

I will probably keep summoning in the Church banner, to get as many Seteths as possible (my Seteth is +2 right now). But I may do the full free first summon circle in the legendary banner at least.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Good art though its a shame he's not in his ''Kill every last one of them!'' mode. 

Agreed, it seems like a waste of a slot that could have been used to also cover Fallen Dimitri.

Certainly one hell of a skill set, though. I'm only missing Dimitri, Edelgard, and Alm of the units on this banner, so I'm not summoning this time around, but it'd be fun to pick him up eventually.

Urgh, that music gave me the feels. Anyway, yes, I want Dimitri (he's even sharing with Fallen M!Corrin!! 😢), but I'm still trying to get Dheginsea and I am VERY VERY VERY low on orbs. So, he's going to have to wait, unfortunately... So are Thrasir and another L!Edelgard. Man, so many good units, but IS released Halloween dragons and I just can't ignore that (especially since I'm already so invested.)

Edit: Also, I'm glad they went with the Dimitri that got over his trauma. 🙂 That means we can hopefully get Fallen Dimitri, too! ^_^ And I think that that version of Dimitri fits the Fallen Heroes theme a lot better.

Edited by Mercakete

You know, I haven't thought about this in a while, but the fur on Dimitri's boots and cape... Don't they remind you of the Wolfskin?

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yeah. That is my plan as well... kinda.

I will probably keep summoning in the Church banner, to get as many Seteths as possible (my Seteth is +2 right now). But I may do the full free first summon circle in the legendary banner at least.

wow, +2 already, that's great

i got "only" one flayn in 20 summons and literally zero seteths, at this point i'm just trying to get to 40 summons and get another flayn while hoping for at least one seteth

more on topic, dimitri looks really strong, and of course they haven't given him efficacy on any kind of unit, that would've been quite broken
they instead went for a bunch of powerful effects all combined in one skill: not really a fan of this, but eh

Edited by Yexin

2 minutes ago, Yexin said:

wow, +2 already, that's great

i got "only" one flayn in 20 summons and literally zero seteths, at this point i'm just trying to get to 40 summons and get another flayn while hoping for at least one seteth

We are not that dfferent in this case.

I got my Flayn in my 40th summon, before the spark. Since Flayn was the one I would spark for and I am fine having only one copy, I ended getting Shamir in my spark and I don't regreat that because she is very good.

About Seteth... I got my first copy AFTER the spark. I got none during the 40 summons. -_-

5 minutes ago, Yexin said:

more on topic, dimitri looks really strong, and of course they haven't given him efficacy on any kind of unit, that would've been quite broken
they instead went for a bunch of powerful effects all combined in one skill: not really a fan of this, but eh

That's my opinion about Dimitri as well. Glad that he is not effective against all units, but I am not glad about all those effects.

3 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Edit: Also, I'm glad they went with the Dimitri that got over his trauma. 🙂 That means we can hopefully get Fallen Dimitri, too! ^_^ And I think that that version of Dimitri fits the Fallen Heroes theme a lot better.

I personally don't think he fits the Fallen theme but IS will do whatever if they think it'll sell~ So I wouldn't be surprised if he does get one~

8 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Or you know, you don’t spend orbs, promote a Boey and give him TA and his refine. Which instantly gives you a Dimitri, Chrom, Azura and Leif counter. 

Dimitri might take a while to kill, but because of lack of NFU effects he can be shut down easily in Arena Assault etc. 

Nice unit. Blue and green are great. Colourless would be nice for me aside from Grima. 

I have 1 orb since i was saving for the duo hero banner and then tried for Shamir fodder.

Eh I don't think you necessarily have to be a green mage to wreck him. I am just pointing out Shamir because she is  being added to the normal pool once her banner is done and is a physical unit that is going to give him problems so it is not just mage/res damage units that give him problems. Brave Lyn is also going to be good against him for similar reasons with Sacea's blessing but she doesn't have color advantage. I just mentioned Shamir as A) she is a summonable unit right now that isn't seasonal B) is from the same game which is something I found interesting personally and C) isn't a mage taking advantage of his obviously low res stat.

8 hours ago, Kaden said:

Shamir does have to go around some hoops to prevent a counterattack with her bow. She needs to not be adjacent to an ally for Survivalist Bow's Atk/Spd Solo 3 and she needs to be not be adjacent to an ally and her foe's HP be >= 80% HP for its Firesweep effect to work. If legendary Dimitri has Distant Counter and is not at that HP range or if he has Null C-Disrupt over Atrocity for whatever reason, he will be able to counterattack. If she is adjacent to someone, then legendary Dimitri with Distant Counter would be able to counterattack and probably be able to double her since it would be his 42 base neutral + 5 from Areadbhar's Spectrum Boost when his HP is >= 25% Spd to her 40 Spd before buffs and debuffs. I'm not trying to come off as saying Shamir's not going to work against legendary Dimitri. It's just that there are some issues. Eleonora would have an easier Firesweep condition of having higher speed than her foe, but it's her 38 base neutral + 3 from Mirage Longbow Spd to his 42 + 5 from Areadbhar's pretty lenient Spectrum Boost.

Vicious Sal mentioned Boey as a relatively cheap counter for a water legendary counter depending on how you view spending dew. 5* Arthur with his default Emerald Axe+ or his prf axe with its base or unique refinement effects active could probably take on legendary Dimitri and Arthur comes with Lancebreaker by default as well which legendary Dimitri cannot run both Atrocity and Null Follow-Up at the same time until we get a Null Follow-Up seal if that ever happens. That requires someone wanting to 5* Arthur. He wouldn't be able to counter against the ranged water legendary heroes or survive against legendary Leif for that matter. Darros with T-Adept 3 would work as well. Better than having a Boost skill as his A passive. Inherited Lancebreaker if you really have issues with him and other lance units. Darros's stats are similar to Arthur, but with less resistance, and Deck Swabber is a nifty weapon.

Not being adjcent to an ally is a super super easy condition to meet as any unit who goes in first on the opposing side kind of has to be alone otherwise they probably are already in range of the enemy to begin with. Unless you go out of you way to make it so beforehand on the turn you are attacking Its kind of why I have an issue with Xane as he needs a lot more setup than the standard attacks take.  The hp threshold is also easy to get around as all units start above the threshold so unless you are using a chip damage team its not much of an issue. Also I don't think other b skills are going to anything more than niche for Dimtri so don't see much of a reason to worry about that.

5 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Eh I don't think you necessarily have to be a green mage to wreck him. I am just pointing out Shamir because she is  being added to the normal pool once her banner is done and is a physical unit that is going to give him problems so it is not just mage/res damage units that give him problems. Brave Lyn is also going to be good against him for similar reasons with Sacea's blessing but she doesn't have color advantage. I just mentioned Shamir as A) she is a summonable unit right now that isn't seasonal B) is from the same game which is something I found interesting personally and C) isn't a mage taking advantage of his obviously low res stat.

Well, of course Shamir works very well against him... but I feel @Vicious Sal was giving Boey as an option to counter him because he is cheaper to get, since he is a 3-4* unit.

I am sure a lot of people have at least one Boey in their barracks, or will get one copy of him more easily than will get a Shamir. And Boey is someone I would also recommend to build, since he will help against a lot of threats in AA.

Shamir is probably the stronger option, but requires summoning a 5* exclusive unit... and not everyone will try for her only because Dimitri was announced. I would not have a Shamir if wasn't for Flayn to be summoned before the spark.

2 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

ell, of course Shamir works very well against him... but I feel @Vicious Sal was giving Boey as an option to counter him because he is cheaper to get, since he is a 3-4* unit.

I am sure a lot of people have at least one Boey in their barracks, or will get one copy of him more easily than will get a Shamir. And Boey is someone I would also recommend to build, since he will help against a lot of threats in AA.

Shamir is probably the stronger option, but requires summoning a 5* exclusive unit... and not everyone will try for her only because Dimitri was announced. I would not have a Shamir if wasn't for Flayn to be summoned before the spark.

My point in not focusing on boey is that I don't think he is the only mage that does well against Dimtri. In fact I think you would be hard pressed to find a mage that doesn't do well against Dimtri.

Blue and green looking stacked.

Dimitri getting another alt in 2 months. Welp, IS is really trying to cash in on Three Houses' success, especially with how stacked Dimitri is (and the relative similarity to his CYL alt). And it's kind of RIP Fjorm in ranked modes aside from AR.

Atrocity's effect combined with the other skill effects can make Boey's life difficult in Arena modes (especially in the regular Arena since Boey couldn't really rely on TA3). Doesn't help that Dimitri will be a consistent presence in Arena modes thanks to being a Legendary unit. Boey's still going to be good in Water season but out of those he's supposed to be countering, Dimitri would easily be his hardest matchup (and would easily be the biggest reason players may 5* Ferdinand to give Boey Rouse Spd/Def 3).

Odd Tempest (assuming it's a 240 SP skill) is definitely not something infantry units need though given how Arena scoring works, a Legendary Dimitri optimized for scoring wouldn't run it anyways in favor of a 300-SP C-slot like a Joint skill. And Odd Tempest could be exploited by forcing enemy units with the skill to be in a position where they cannot get support from their allies, not to mention that it's not a consistent skill given how it only works on certain turns.