Max possible assets in Lyn mode

Mars of Aritia

Have you ever wondered what the maximum possible asset score (gold + weapon value) for Lyn mode is? No? Well I did. (Hint: It's more than double the S rank fund requirement).

Most FEs have arenas where you can grind for money, however as Lyn mode does not, the max possible money is finite. Lyn mode also has a lot of unique quirks that makes maximising value an interesting challenge. If you're interested in a run where Dorcas is one of the most useful units, this is for you.

I made a demonstration run for this challenge. do note that I am making heavy use of glitches. Part 1 video below (up to ch7), part 2 should be out when I bother to fix a mistake I made at one point.

That's pretty cool.

It's a unique idea for a challenge run and I liked the little money counter you put in the corner. Top quality video editing.

I am now curious what a glitchless version of this run would look like, but it probably would end up less interesting than the enemy selling sprees on display here.

I'm assuming this is a TAS, right?

10 hours ago, Mars of Aritia said:

Most FEs have arenas where you can grind for money, however as Lyn mode does not, the max possible money is finite.

Isn't there technically a limit on the funds Eliwood and Hector can have due to the cap on how much money you can have and the finite inventory space?

6 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

That's pretty cool.

It's a unique idea for a challenge run and I liked the little money counter you put in the corner. Top quality video editing.

I am now curious what a glitchless version of this run would look like, but it probably would end up less interesting than the enemy selling sprees on display here.

I'm assuming this is a TAS, right?

Isn't there technically a limit on the funds Eliwood and Hector can have due to the cap on how much money you can have and the finite inventory space?

Yeah it's TAS, though unoptimised. All of this is possible in real time, I just TASed it so the video isn't an hour long.

I believe glitchless would reach somewhere in the 50,000G range. though half of the fun is the glitches imo. might be faster though.

And yeah, the money cap is 999,999. You can get there by grinding the arena forever and I don't think that would be very interesting to see. the game would record 999,999 even if you have more assets anyway.

2 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

What an amazing run, but I am a bit curious, how does the weapon use against the wall in chapter 4 end up saving/making money?

It doesn't. I am forced to do it because of the tutorial. normally Dorcas would crit the bandit nearby, however as I skipped that, I need to attack something or the game will softlock, and I also need to get a unit up to the top corner to perform enemy control before time runs out, so the wall is the best target.

• 3 months later...