Chasing the Legendary Hero Battle: Dimitri

SatsumaFSoysoy

The Dream Team took this on. 
i was hoping to use different units. but needed Norne, and Micaiah to pop those dumb annoying tin cans. 
myrrh  took out some other people (WHY is there always a Red Mage with LND/raurblade who can pop the living snot out of Myrrh, like. how rude)

might record it in the morning. it was relatively simple to remember. if not
highlights:

Norne = awesome tanked everyone. 
Micaiah killed DImitri (betcha wish you had a res stat now, dontcha?)

What better way to murder the boar king than by demanding a treat and then playing a trick on him?

Spoiler

This was the first time Legion and Brave Celica were being fielded in a major battle like this. Harmonic Tiki Harmonized Skill was pivitol in ensuring that not too much damage was inflicted on herself to maintain Atk/Spd Push for a few extra battles (which as could be seen was needed for one battle in particular), though at the cost of Legion being out of range for WoM when he normally would have been. That it took 3 turns to kill the last Lance Armor kind of hurts, but they otherwise would kill everyone except Legion, who could only take one hit from them by then.

...also this was the first time I ever heard Harmonic Tiki's voice clips, so... uh... yeah...

L!Dimitri approaches

Apex of the World continues to intensify

Normal and Hard cleared with low HM unts. I got lucky with my Lunatic clear of B!Dimitri, Edelgard, Sothis and Kronya that Edelgard could tank him when he had tha Atk/Spd gap on him. Infernal I haven't sorted out yet, not sure what my plan is especially if I have to kill him early to prevent the armour making him so fast my Lewyn can't double..

DISRESPECT EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM

Seriously, what an uninspired map. They just dropped a bunch of oppressive enemies right in front of spawn while also making the spawn obnoxious.

There's not much to say about this one. The immediate Panic from three different sources eventually pissed me off enough to bust out the ICBN (Intercontinental Ballistic Nino) non-ironically for once, just so I'd have something to get rid of the damn things when I needed to. Once that was done, it was just a matter of picking which of Dimitri, the Red Mage and the Bow Fighter that Nino could take a hit from while L!Marth cleaned up stragglers.

Edited by Some Jerk

The map required a couple of offerings for Officer Hilda who refused to move unless she got a new toy to play with and even then she was still grumbling. Apart from that it was business as usual, except the enemies were weak enough that I didn't use teleport shenanigans at their fullest this time. The Edelgard video already used Apex of the World so I had to change it up a bit and went for a more melancholic theme for L!Dimitri as he's more reflecting on the future rather than being a Boar. Then again, considering he was hunting by the Askran Police Department he must have some craziness left. 

Abyssal looks to be a tricky challange. Lots of armors to delay everything, mages and Dimitri's who's movement range is annoying to keep track of. Not a good sign when Dimitri himself also hits like a truck.

But Infernal is done with the boys and their latest babysitter. I still had to try out the fancy new refine of one of my first +10 units.

@Landmaster @Diovani Bressan @Maaka @Flying Shogi @Unknown Gamer11 @SatsumaFSoysoy

Didn't take me that long to find a solution for this map. I already expected that I wouldn't be able to one-turn this as soon I saw DImitri's trailer, and having an horrible map design and two armor units with guard weapons just confirmed it to me.

@Maaka @daisy jane @DarkAlf @BoaFerox @mcsilas @Landmaster

@LordFrigid Oho! Nice one-turn! Using Sothis to tank Dimitri was a pretty good idea. It's nice that Dimitri doesn't have an in-combart special ready at turn 1, like Bonfire or Draconic Aura.

@Sasori Nice infernal clear. Seliph did a pretty nice job babysitting the kids, while the killed all the foes.

@Alexmender Oh! Nice team! Eirika and Tsubasa are great for this map. Even the trenches were not enough to stop Eirika. Hilda was also great.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

4 hours ago, Sasori said:

But Infernal is done with the boys and their latest babysitter. I still had to try out the fancy new refine of one of my first +10 units.

I got worried for a second when Chad attacked Dimitri forgetting that it's his Brave version that has DC built into his weapon. The reinforcements are fair this time around so Abyssal might be possible.

They amped up the number of enemies with Dull skills and Guard but this map was easier than expected given the amount of space we're given to work with. Reasonably triggered reinforcements means that a 3 turn clear is possible even on an Abyssal map. @GuiltyLove

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

10 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

I got worried for a second when Chad attacked Dimitri forgetting that it's his Brave version that has DC built into his weapon. The reinforcements are fair this time around so Abyssal might be possible.

They amped up the number of enemies with Dull skills and Guard but this map was easier than expected given the amount of space we're given to work with. Reasonably triggered reinforcements means that a 3 turn clear is possible even on an Abyssal map. @GuiltyLove

Hide contents

I haven't tried the map yet, but it's nice to know that there is so much room to work with. Go Nino!

I beat Infernal with BH!Ike, but I gave up after a few tries for Abyssal since it was a bit too open and BH!Ike could not kill fast enough. I busted out Celica whom I have not used her in a long while and she massacred all the foes on the map, and was helped in no small part by the enemy troubadour unwittingly attacking Celica on Turn 1 landing her straight into Wings of Mercy range.

@Diovani Bressan: That was a neat clear. Mini Merric is a total powerhouse and the new Halloween duo showed both their combat, refresh ability and Tiki's fun battle quotes. Dimitri really is a beast with him needing 3 wind blasts though.

@Flying Shogi: That is one though Nino. Not even Dimitri could survive a single round of combat. Seeing the wind special also gave me a good clue how i'd do my own Abyssal.
-----
My Abyssal run is complete with my first two +10 units each guarding one side of the map. The guard weapons and ruses weren't great news for Roy, but he could take on magic foe that he needed to tank. Seliph held of his side on his own perfectly fine and Lilina had her role as a nice nuke.

Titania was there as my ever reliable blue shield. Even she had a hard time not getting one shotted by the beast that is Dimitri though.
@Landmaster @Maaka @SatsumaFSoysoy @Unknown Gamer11

@Xenomata Mhmm +10 Celica, fellow person of culture. Don't exactly see Legion around a lot either, so that's nice. Very strong rushdown on turn 1, but the map forced you back a bit, not that it stopped you. Tiki and Ninian one-shotting Dimitri was a bit unexpected.... then again, +34 Atk. Their lines are cute.

@Some Jerk Seth and LMarth are pretty good cheerleaders for Nino. She nuked them all.

@Alexmender Ooh, Joint Drive. And Dull Close is new too? Also a very offensive turn 1. Looks like the Pain+ helped more than it hurt by enabling WoM easily. Eirika did the heavy lifting vs Dimitri and then let Hilda take the kill, which is pretty in character. I'm sure Hilda was gloating about that. Tsubasa seemed more passive overall this time.

@LordFrigid Wow, what an interesting lineup. Seth of all people. And WSothis too. That TA was definitely very necessary against Dimitri lol.

@Sasori Their babysitter sure changes frequently. I guess they must be a handful lol. They were definitely a handful for the enemy, though. It's interesting to see how Lugh and Chad are built around sustain, while Raigh removes threats on Player Phase. Was quite surprised to see Seliph steal the boss kill.

Nice Resplendent Roy too. Titania tanked and gave Lilina the firepower she needed to demolish from the backlines. Seliph held out well on his own on the right side. That was a really close call with Titania vs Dimitri. He sure hits like a truck.

@Diovani Bressan HTiki sure is useful. I was wondering if you were going to bust out Duo Alm, but YMerric is definitely a great answer to Dimitri. He swept everyone up just fine with help from his friends.

@Flying Shogi Oh, that's pretty neat that you managed to clear before all reinforcements spawned. When I did Celica sweeps I always ended up killing every single enemy.

@DLNarshen @mcsilas @Landmaster

Alright, another Abyssal, time to put my team together... Kagero has a bunch of new toys that will be useful, and I need Nanna for Restore+... good ol' LAzura... wait, Celica wha-

I'm not entirely sure how much easier/harder it would've been if I used the normal set on her, but I wanted to win with this, and the nature of the map meant EP was good anyway.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@Some Jerk Dimitri stood no chance against Nino, although most of the units on the map got destroyed by her as well. It was neat seeing a legendary Marth, he did quite a nice job. Great clear!

@LordFrigid Caeda did a nice job as always. Just barely got her under half on that first hit lol. I was shocked to see her do so much damage to the axe armor at the end, even my spring Bartre was having trouble with him. Pegasus flight and the def rein really destroyed that guy's defense. I liked the wings of mercy Snowthis as well. Awesome job!

@Sasori Minty cane Chad did very well in the infernal clear. Nice use of the rally on Lugh as well. Watching Seliph take out Dimitri was definitely nice. Using two cavalry units on abyssal was pretty crazy. Good thing the armors didn't have distant counter or any movement skills on them. Some close calls there with Dimitri and that green cavalry mage though. Roy and Seliph both did a great job as well. Vantage really coming in handy on Seliph there. Nice clears!

@Diovani Bressan Wow I completely forgot about baby Merric's healing from his special. Too bad it took 3 hits from him to kill Dimitri the cheats are really coming in handy, huh. Poor Azura, needing swordbreaker to not get doubled there. Nice job!

@SatsumaFSoysoy I certainly was not expecting to see Celica tanking stuff. Thought she was going to be galeforcing as usual, but I forgot how amazing she is at simply destroying stuff. Kagero did quite a bit of work as well. Panicking Dimitri was a great strategy. Very nice clear!

I really don't like how IS has been putting guard or guard weapons on everything that is not 3 or more spaces away from the starting locations. It is also rather frustrating when one unit is super far away from everyone else like Dimitri was. In any case, I managed to find out a solution with both Bartres and a Fir, so I am quite happy with the outcome. I originally thought of using pulse smoke on axe Bartre since I had it from inheriting L&D4 a while ago, but the breath of life and atk smoke play allowed bunny Bartre to tank the bonfire at the end, so I went with that.

This one was surprisingly not that hard~

Did need some Skill Inheritance, though~ Screw that Guard Axe Armor with Svalinn Shield BTW~

Spoiler

@Some Jerk - It is a good feeling to get rid of that Savage Pain healer early. You can hardly go wrong with Nino nuking so I’m not surprised at how easy this was for you~

@Alexmender - Nice Joint Drive for Officer Hilda~ I’m imagining that Dull Close was to ignore those annoying Buffs on Dimitri. I had to do a similar approach to ignore that Spd. Not too much flying all over the place this time, but the warping still came in handy when needed.

@LordFrigid- Wasn’t expecting to see Snowthis make an appearance in a one-turn. Pretty impressive use of her here, she worked out perfectly. 

Did Caeda get too cold already in her new outfit?

@Sasori - The boyos handled Infernal quite nicely~ I was surprised to see Seliph get the killing blow on Dimitri. He also was a champ at going toe to toe with the blue Fridge. Lugh was pretty awesome here, he took on quite a lot of damage but Melon Float is a great weapon for the heals.

ROY. Roy is always the answer. He’s just the nuke button~ Seliph is clearly the other nuke button. Wasn’t expecting Dimitri to do that much damage with a single hit to Titania, that was pretty wild~ Congrats on beating it!

@Diovani Bressan - The return of NOOOWWIII~ And we get to see Spooky Tikinian do something this time~ Nice use of the Duo Skill so Merric could completely bully Dimitri. Merric is such a good unit nuking and healing the team~

@Nowi's Husband - Ooh nice, Pale Breath, I’m going to give that to my Nowi, too.

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I guess Celica just ate all the new toys. She works wonders in both phases. I wasn’t expecting her to be that fast. Panic Smoke made Dimtri much easier to deal with. I thought the Gravity was probably used for him but Kagero too stronk.

@Maaka - Impressive that the Bartres and Fir were still able to make it happen. Bartre is the only one who can quell an angry boar, after all. And tank a Bonfire, apparently~ Nice work!

@Some Jerk: I always love seeing ICBNs! Nino is precious 🙂

@Landmaster: Elise is crazy! She doubled Dimitri with his obnoxiously high speed stat and did enough to ORKO him. How did she do 41 on the second hit? I thought Dimitri had Deflect Magic in the seal slot.

I can't say I really liked this map with the annoying reinforcements. I had to use a very contradictory set of skills on Valentian Catria so that I could zoom around the map. Seriously, Wings of Mercy in a set with Solo skills?

Spring Est made her debut here; I'm so glad that she's fast and was able to kill the Bladetome mage with the Brazen seal. I had to make sure she didn't attack the armor at the beginning so that she would have enough HP to survive the red mage.

@Vicious Sal Looks like you also like Catria. Here's two of them!

@Flying Shogi @XRay @NSSKG151

I wish I had a magic user for my Anna team. There's always more units with high def than res on these maps and I always have to spend more time figuring out how to deal with them with my 3, sometimes 4, physical units. Glad I was still able to find a clear I was happy with because I was almost ready to just throw Celica at them and call it a day.

@Alexmender Nice clear! I liked how Eirika used Azura and Tsubasa to get over the trenches.

@LordFrigid Great one turn clear! It's not often I see a Seth in Heroes.

@SatsumaFSoysoy Maybe I just don't remember but that's a lot of premium skills on Celica. Kagero shredded through that armored unit and Dimitri as well. Great clear!

@Maaka Yeah, guard wielding armored units are annoying especially if they have Wary Fighter as well but at least the two at the beginning didn't have that. Team Bartre still managed to come out with a one turn clear. Nice job!

@Landmaster Didn't notice Elise had Rescue until she pulled Hot Springs Elise backwards. Also didn't expect Dimitri to get knocked in one turn by staff Elise. Nice clear!

@GuiltyLove Oh nice, double Catria. Galeforce builds are always fun to do with the original Catria. Nice clear!

@NSSKG151 I thought the TA3 on Anna was to fight Dimitri, but it turns out an unmerged Jill just ORKOs him! My Jill is -Atk and I was thinking of just using her as fodder, but I've changed my mind after seeing this. It definitely looked hard without magic users. Just use Valentine Titania; she is a redhead, too.

@GuiltyLove - I don’t think Staves are effected by Deflect Magic~ I believe it’s just Tomes.

A Whitewing-esque clear with our Leader Myrrh, as always. Being able to warp around is really good to get around all the walls on this map. Est tanking that Red Mage was pretty scary. Nice setting up for the final kill on Dimitri, too. 

@NSSKG151 - Interesting way to start off the map by getting rid of all the actual threats and leaving the Armors to sit there. Jill is certainly the offensive presence needed to kill Dimitri. Looked pretty easy considering how good at tanking the Annas are, they never really seemed like they were in any real danger. Good work!

Yeah, I wonder why I thought this was a good idea. Hyper offense makes this map easy yet I didn't do that..... it was painful. Usually when Abyssal is hard for me it's cause I get stubborn and try to make whoever I bring in first work. This case I just really wanted to use Caeda, Grima, and Ethlyn. You can thank Genshin for lite mode, damn game needs like 8GB of space. Archanea once again turning me to the dark side. Caeda is super pretty

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

@NSSKG151 I thought the TA3 on Anna was to fight Dimitri, but it turns out an unmerged Jill just ORKOs him! My Jill is -Atk and I was thinking of just using her as fodder, but I've changed my mind after seeing this. It definitely looked hard without magic users. Just use Valentine Titania; she is a redhead, too.

That was originally my plan to use TA3 Anna but Dimitri is so fast and bulky and he always seems to surround himself with ranged units that I just couldn't get it to work out. I was also planning on foddering my Jill to one of my +10 flying units at one point but I never got around to building Mininerva but Jill is fun to do Galeforce stuff with since she comes already decked out to do it so I decided to keep her around for now.