Chasing the Legendary Hero Battle: Dimitri

SatsumaFSoysoy

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh, nice use of Celica in enemy phase! Kagero was also amazing there, and I liked the use of Restore+ to get rid of Atrocity's debuffs. Nice clear!

@Landmaster That was pretty fun to watch! I liked the not-dancing Mirabilis getting some kills. And I see that a Flayn died to give Elise a new toy to play with.

@Maaka It's always fun to see Bartre's family defeating all these broken legendary/mythic heroes. Bartre was like "Hello Dimitri! Wait, do you have damage reduction? I didn't notice it. Bye Dimitri". The use of Fir's Breath of Life to heal Spring Dad and make him survive the Axe Knight was a great strategy. Congrats!

@LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

Well, the proof of concept works at least.

So this is what I've been working on - a team of four "dancers" and "singers" that do no dancing or singing. Sadly this is only Infernal, as this team is missing some critical optimizations before they can rampage through Abyssal maps.

- Y!Azura needs a merge
- Leanne needs a merge and a flower
- Balldigan needs lots of merges and an Atk/Res Gap fodder
- Silvia needs to (shock and horror) drop her Summoner Support when all of the above are fulfilled, and cannot use it with this team until Leanne and Y!Azura are +10

The Monstrous Harvest rerun has not been cooperative in regards to that third one. It's somehow managed to spit out a Sirius, a Lethe and a Fiora in less than 200 orbs, but no H!Ilyana.

Edited by Some Jerk

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

@LordFrigid @Maaka @Landmaster @SatsumaFSoysoy @GuiltyLove @daisy jane @Wanda @Diovani Bressan @Unknown Gamer11

Well, the proof of concept works at least.

So this is what I've been working on - a team of four "dancers" and "singers" that do no dancing or singing. Sadly this is only Infernal, as this team is missing some critical optimizations before they can rampage through Abyssal maps.

- Y!Azura needs a merge
- Leanne needs a merge and a flower
- Balldigan needs lots of merges and an Atk/Res Gap fodder
- Silvia needs to (shock and horror) drop her Summoner Support when all of the above are fulfilled, and cannot use it with this team until Leanne and Y!Azura are +10

The Monstrous Harvest rerun has not been cooperative in regards to that third one. It's somehow managed to spit out a Sirius, a Lethe and a Fiora in less than 200 orbs, but no H!Ilyana.

You must love challenges if you're trying to do this with lower BST units. Hope you can do it!

Took a few tries, but didn't need anything too fancy. L'Arachel was able to stomp through even Abyssal, with support from Dancer Micaiah, Legendary Azura, and Peony. Micaiah was the only other one to do any fighting, and she actually did a decent amount of it. She weakened the green thief on the first enemy phase, then killed the axe armor near the start and the green tome cav at the end.

Dimitri himself was very easy. I expected to have to find a way to kill him in one round to get around Distant Counter, but they didn't actually give it to him, so he was helpless against L'Arachel.

21 hours ago, Sasori said:

My Abyssal run is complete with my first two +10 units each guarding one side of the map. The guard weapons and ruses weren't great news for Roy, but he could take on magic foe that he needed to tank. Seliph held of his side on his own perfectly fine and Lilina had her role as a nice nuke.

I've been finding AoE Specials to be more useful lately for LHB/MHB maps. Close shave with Dimitri using Titania to tank a hit. The idea of doing so disappeared as soon as I saw Steady Impact in his base kit. Not that most units can double him anyway.  

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Flying Shogi Oh, that's pretty neat that you managed to clear before all reinforcements spawned. When I did Celica sweeps I always ended up killing every single enemy.

Most LHB/MHB maps on Abyssal I'd have to deal with reinforcements but I have to say red isn't the friendliest color for the sweeper based on my sweeps with Celica.

21 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Alright, another Abyssal, time to put my team together... Kagero has a bunch of new toys that will be useful, and I need Nanna for Restore+... good ol' LAzura... wait, Celica wha-

Seeing units with DC + evasion skills survive dangerous enemy phases is impressive. Might pull for one whenever they release a unit with both skills in the base kit.

15 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

I can't say I really liked this map with the annoying reinforcements. I had to use a very contradictory set of skills on Valentian Catria so that I could zoom around the map. Seriously, Wings of Mercy in a set with Solo skills?

Flier Formation coming in handy once again. I wish this skill was more readily available. 

5 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

we already have Fallen Ike

I forgot he existed At this point, it needs to be Spurn or better (especially if it's a sword unit) instead of the the other 3 evasion skills for me to pull.

Edited by Flying Shogi

On 10/30/2020 at 8:12 PM, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Sasori Their babysitter sure changes frequently. I guess they must be a handful lol. They were definitely a handful for the enemy, though. It's interesting to see how Lugh and Chad are built around sustain, while Raigh removes threats on Player Phase. Was quite surprised to see Seliph steal the boss kill.

Nice Resplendent Roy too. Titania tanked and gave Lilina the firepower she needed to demolish from the backlines. Seliph held out well on his own on the right side. That was a really close call with Titania vs Dimitri. He sure hits like a truck.

I can see Raigh and Chad being handfulls XD.  Now that quick reposte isn't neccesary on Seliph i've been experimenting with some b slots. Escape route was a nice way to deal with Dimitri despite the distance.

Also a really nice clear. I mostly know Celica as a galeforcer, but seeing her as a enemy phase tank with Aether was neat. Kagero also had some massive attack that helped take down dimitri.

On 10/30/2020 at 10:03 PM, Maaka said:

@Sasori Minty cane Chad did very well in the infernal clear. Nice use of the rally on Lugh as well. Watching Seliph take out Dimitri was definitely nice. Using two cavalry units on abyssal was pretty crazy. Good thing the armors didn't have distant counter or any movement skills on them. Some close calls there with Dimitri and that green cavalry mage though. Roy and Seliph both did a great job as well. Vantage really coming in handy on Seliph there. Nice clears!

I did't expect to be using two cavalries, but they are less hindered by anti cavalry tiles if you just hang back the entire map.

Also that was a cool clear. I did't expect this map to be one turned, but your batre family did it. I was surprised to see Bartre outspeed his way through Dimitri's damage reduction.

@Landmaster: Thanks. I did't expect to end up beating it because Dimitri just teared through everything I had with complete ease, while also being annoyingly bulky. 

I was wondering how your Elise squad would be dealing with Dimitri. Elise just one rounding him like it was nothing wasn't what I was expecting. She might become even more powerful when her new refine is out.

dance 'till you're dead

Sorry this one is so late. I was waiting to see if Balldigan would go up in the grail shop, which ended up paying off.

I may not have been able to ascend Team DDR to its final form without Atk/Res Gap, but it looks like it's still capable of handling Abyssal maps. Funnily enough, the first step to making this work was not using Gronnblade, but instead Puddle's original Book of Shadows to double the Lance Fighter at the start. Step two was swapping Balldigan's Quick Riposte for Chill Def so that Silvia could bring down the Axe Knight (and only because he lived with 3 HP otherwise). Step three was making sure Puddle's Astra was charged to oneshot Dimitri, which only worked because Balldigan knocked out the Axe Dragon's Guard Bearing, which in turn only worked because he was healed just enough by Leanne. It was a funny project that I'm pleased actually works.

@Landmaster Wow I thought you might have trouble with the trenches, but all the enemies just walked right up to their deaths. Elise had no trouble taking Dimitri down and Mirabilis did some nice tanking. Very nice job!

@NSSKG151 It was nice to see NY Anna Solo nearly the entire right side of the map at the start. Glad commander Anna got a kill in there at the end. Jill certainly made quick work of Dimitri and did some nice galeforcing. Great clear!

@Some Jerk Sheesh... attack of the offensive dancers. The infernal clear was impressive enough, but I can't believe they were able to handle abyssal as well. Bonus doubler on young Azura was pretty neat and it was nice seeing her one-shot Dimitri. This really shows how well distant ward and foil can do if used properly. Definitely helped both Leanne and Eldigan. Galeforcing Silvia was awesome as usual. Great job!

12 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

dance 'till you're dead

Sorry this one is so late. I was waiting to see if Balldigan would go up in the grail shop, which ended up paying off.

I may not have been able to ascend Team DDR to its final form without Atk/Res Gap, but it looks like it's still capable of handling Abyssal maps. Funnily enough, the first step to making this work was not using Gronnblade, but instead Puddle's original Book of Shadows to double the Lance Fighter at the start. Step two was swapping Balldigan's Quick Riposte for Chill Def so that Silvia could bring down the Axe Knight (and only because he lived with 3 HP otherwise). Step three was making sure Puddle's Astra was charged to oneshot Dimitri, which only worked because Balldigan knocked out the Axe Dragon's Guard Bearing, which in turn only worked because he was healed just enough by Leanne. It was a funny project that I'm pleased actually works.

You are quite dedicated to this. So many premium skills!

On 10/31/2020 at 5:03 AM, Maaka said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy I certainly was not expecting to see Celica tanking stuff. Thought she was going to be galeforcing as usual, but I forgot how amazing she is at simply destroying stuff. Kagero did quite a bit of work as well. Panicking Dimitri was a great strategy. Very nice clear!

Celica is definitely quite flexible now with her Prf.

Guard weapons are definitely annoying. I guess they want to try and limit Galeforce and other sweeping strats? Good that you figured it out, though. Was quite impressed with Bartre naturally doubling Dimitri.

On 10/31/2020 at 11:37 AM, NSSKG151 said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Maybe I just don't remember but that's a lot of premium skills on Celica. Kagero shredded through that armored unit and Dimitri as well. Great clear!

Yeah, I inherited these skills onto her earlier this month actually. Same for Kagero's LnD4 and Spiral.

Honorary Anna Jill joins, I see. She took care of Dimitri easily. Poor Commander Anna didn't have much to do, but her New Year self was pretty strong as usual. She's as tanky as a Repel user without having any damage reduction.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:18 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - I guess Celica just ate all the new toys. She works wonders in both phases. I wasn’t expecting her to be that fast. Panic Smoke made Dimtri much easier to deal with. I thought the Gravity was probably used for him but Kagero too stronk.

I brought Nanna for Gravity at first, thinking to use that on Dimitri, but he would approach too fast for it to work, and there's not enough space to run away unlike the FCorrin map. Eventually figured I needed Restore+, which Nanna has.

The Elises handled this pretty well. Didn't expect Dimitri to go down so easily, but he did.

Finally got around to doing this one very late, but here's the clear!

This team just kinda managed to come together cause I wanted Bantu + new Tiki and is mostly not finished people. Bantu is freshly +10'd, I literally pulled Tiki the last day of this LHB, and I have no idea what build I'm doing long term for Cecilia and her Atk+3 is super filler.

@Some Jerk I love this, it's awesome seeing a full dancer clear and watching them all pull their weight. Your Sylvia especially is really something. That ICBN is great on the first one too, I need to pull out my own Nino more.

@Sasori Now that staff refines are a thing, we've gotta get a Lucius + Orphans clear once he gets his. That Abyssal clear was sweet too, Titania barely surviving Dimitri and very methodically building up Lilina's special!

@LordFrigid That one turn was impressive, even Seth got to contribute in combat and of course Winter Sothis can rather easily take care of Dimitri!

@GuiltyLove Sheesh that V!Catria is just so powerful. Feel like I've said it before but it's still true, especially with nuking the 99 HP Armor without much support.

@Landmaster And the Elises strike again! How often do you think you'll see yourself using her refine, or do you think you'll stick with Palm Staff mostly?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Interesting mixup seeing Brave Celica going EP. On another note, that's a Macross Frontier song right?

@Maaka Seeing Bartre just utterly punk Dimitri like that was very satisfying, I'd been more expecting Fir to be the one to kill him for some reason.

@NSSKG151 I'd be okay with a magic Anna alt, and I'm also okay with Jill being an honorary Anna. What's the song BTW?

@Diovani Bressan I was actually trying to avoid using my Y!Merric or Ewan this time again just to mix it up a little, but was definitely considering him to deal with Dimitri. I like seeing Nowi with Water Breath too, and I'd considered it for Bantu, who's build I really need to finalize.

@Flying Shogi It's cool seeing just how much Nino can accomplish even with fairly simple/non-premium builds. I feel like I always underestimate AOE specials.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

25 minutes ago, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Finally got around to doing this one very late, but here's the clear!

This team just kinda managed to come together cause I wanted Bantu + new Tiki and is mostly not finished people. Bantu is freshly +10'd, I literally pulled Tiki the last day of this LHB, and I have no idea what build I'm doing long term for Cecilia and her Atk+3 is super filler.

Ouch! Bantu took a beating and survived with just 1 HP 😞 poor guy

Nice clear with Cecilia! Glad to see that a gen 1 unit can still be useful!

@Unknown Gamer11 I do have a shiny 5 star lucius just waiting for the chance to actually be interesting to use.

Nice clear and thats some very cool Bantu. Sacrificing a Dheginsea for a cool breath skill along with dc made for some cool moves Espcially him surviving at 1 hp. Tiki's lines are funny as always and it seems i'm not the only one giving Nils the bandana.

• 2 weeks later...

@Some Jerk - A fellow Dancer Emblem enthusiast! Never been able to challenge a LHB with my dancers (not that I’ve been brave enough to necessarily try), much less do an Abyssal, so this does indeed put a smile on my face. 

@Unknown Gamer11 - I’m liking her refine so far. While it’s not as good as Palm Staff in terms of it’s smaller debuffs and being usable in both Phases, I do like the additional Gravity effect and buff for her allies, which can possibly be super handy. But if I need Palm Staff, I’ll still use it.

Almost-Dragon Emblem! I do like seeing lesser used Dragons like Bantu, especially when he’s being this awesome. Cecila pulled a lot of her weight, too, being the one to take down Dimitri. Spooky Tiki is just crazy, though, it’s awesome we finally have a true offensive Dragon since Lillith.

• 2 months later...

Didn't clear the Abyssal first time around as I was not playing a lot at the time so I cleared him yesterday. Used B.Edelgard (that was intentional), Bramimond, Summer Byleth and Mirabilis. Bramimond and Mira like always deleted their enemies and BEdelgard was there to tank. Byleth also did some small nuking and used the duo skill when available. Took this picture (need to do something similar with Dimitri on Edelgard's map if I ever get him).

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210128_170701.thumb.jpg.4696ce0dccb2646f40e977b59a7a817a.jpg