When can we expect a new Fire Emblem Game?

Ryuke

2 hours ago, joevar said:

IS inventing at heroes is true, but they also have grown as company (more employee, more funds), the artists keep changing like they are some part-timer in every event, voice actor only have minimal voice to record. so i dont think it affects IS that much  / take much resources from IS to manage it. so 2022 is a bit late for news "to start" appearing, unless its new game with even bigger scope and ambition than 3 houses

My main point is not the effort their are making to mantain Heroes alive, but the fact they are gaining some big cash from it, so I think they can take their time without worrying about money, that's it.
We'll see, I'd like to hear about a new game during 2021 (maybe some news during summer?), but I don't really know what to expect.
Switch is 4 years old, and considering a Nintendo console usually last 7 to 8 years, I'm sure we'll have at least another Fire Emblem on it, but not three like on the 3DS. So the new game could come out during 2022 as well as during the last years of Switch life.

What if they announce something during january/february? I'd like that.
After all, Echoes, Heroes and the Switch project were announced during february of 2017, when Fates was still pretty new outside of Japan, where it was almost 2 years old, like Three Houses will become 2 years old during 2021.

6 hours ago, Francis said:

My main point is not the effort their are making to mantain Heroes alive, but the fact they are gaining some big cash from it, so I think they can take their time without worrying about money, that's it.

oh, that i agree about their financial stability.

altho keeping the fans waiting too long is a wasted opportunity when it is at its peak imo. (this is assuming pandemic not affecting the team too much, which is anybody guess)

I think 2021 is a viable possibility for an FE4 remake. It's the most popular FE game in Japan apparently, if remakes are staying as a thing (and they should), it'd be a great time to introduce another one, and it's the 25th anniversary of the game...and we all know how much Nintendo loves anniversaries (of Mario and Zelda). I think it'd also be a great way to mix old gameplay that the game is known for with new features from Three Houses such as Battalions and exploring the castles, and QoL updates. 

Had the pandemic not happened, I would suspect we would have gotten an announcement during the FE anniversary celebration. As it is, if this hypothetical game does exist, I suspect we'll hear about it sometime early next year for a summer or fall release. ...although I could see it turning into the December release. 

However, if the rumored cancelled remake on the 3DS was an FE 6 (and 7) remake, it may be easier to try and salvage what assets can be salvaged. 

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to see a remake of FE4 that actually makes FE4 fun to play instead of just being carried by it's story. Although if it's a new game then the game should actually be finished and not feel rushed like how three houses felt. And DON'T re add the monastery. I'm not sure if this is a controversial opinion or not but the monastery is by far the worst mechanic ever added in the fire emblem series since that thing alone hurt's three houses as a whole.

I'm expecting that they will announce something this year to release the game in Christmas or at best mid 2022. But maybe it's wishful thinking. 

On 1/24/2021 at 11:23 PM, The Moon Mage said:

I would like to see a remake of FE4 that actually makes FE4 fun to play instead of just being carried by it's story. Although if it's a new game then the game should actually be finished and not feel rushed like how three houses felt. And DON'T re add the monastery. I'm not sure if this is a controversial opinion or not but the monastery is by far the worst mechanic ever added in the fire emblem series since that thing alone hurt's three houses as a whole.

Yes, I think a remake of FE4 would take awhile. Mostly because of the huge cast and a lot of mechanics that they need to actualize. 

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2021 at 8:23 PM, The Moon Mage said:

The Monastery isn't even the culprit behind slowing down 3H. The worst part of 3H is the calendar system and how it interacts with auxiliary battles.

• 10 months later...