The Fall of Thabes release

Jotari

9 hours ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

Hide contents

So all of the playable characters die right?

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

All except one.

Not sure if there was meant to be a screen shot in that second spoiler tag or just a formatting mistake.

• 4 weeks later...

New chapter of the let's play/walkthrough. I've discovered for some inexplicable reason, uploading long videos to youtube is much more reliable on a phone than on a laptop.

Edited by Jotari

• 2 weeks later...

Last two chapters in terms of gameplay have been uploaded.

In addition I've managed to get a pretty sweet Grima battle animation from the same guy who made the Duma animation

Check him out, he does some really great stuff.

Edited by Jotari

• 3 months later...

Someone else did a let's play of the game for Fire Emblem E3, hopefully that can draw more attention to it. I'm not really getting much feedback at all, positive or negative. Need to work on my marketing strategies.

• 4 months later...
15 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Looks interesting, are any of the dragon sprites finished?

Yes. Most of them can be seen in the trailer video. The only difference is that there's been a more appropriate Mage Dragon sprite added since then and the (non-Duma) Divine Dragons aren't shown. Dagons are also just a recolour of Myrrh's sprite since no one has ever went to the trouble of making a Dagon sprite, but since no other Dragon in the game uses Myrrh's sprite at least it is unique.

3 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yes. Most of them can be seen in the trailer video. The only difference is that there's been a more appropriate Mage Dragon sprite added since then and the (non-Duma) Divine Dragons aren't shown. Dagons are also just a recolour of Myrrh's sprite since no one has ever went to the trouble of making a Dagon sprite, but since no other Dragon in the game uses Myrrh's sprite at least it is unique.

Any plans for an Earth Dragon?

There's a big fish in FE3's map, I wonder if Dagon's are supposed to look like that or the unused sea dragon of FE3?

10 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Any plans for an Earth Dragon?

There's a big fish in FE3's map, I wonder if Dagon's are supposed to look like that or the unused sea dragon of FE3?

An Earth Dragon sprite does exist.

Dragonstone

But for the purpose of the story in the game, Loptyr is the only Earth Dragon featured and he's already a Dark Dragon. There is similarly a Dark Dragon Sprite

But I don't really like Medeus's dark dragon sprite, I like the look, but the way it's animated is kind of stiff (which is accurate to how it is in game). So I've went with a different Dark Dragon sprite.

8 minutes ago, Jotari said:

An Earth Dragon sprite does exist.

Dragonstone

But for the purpose of the story in the game, Loptyr is the only Earth Dragon featured and he's already a Dark Dragon. There is similarly a Dark Dragon Sprite

But I don't really like Medeus's dark dragon sprite, I like the look, but the way it's animated is kind of stiff (which is accurate to how it is in game). So I've went with a different Dark Dragon sprite.

Looks good.

Ma_snes01_shadow_dragon_enemy_moving.gif

That reminds me, map animations show the Shadow Dragon can burrow just like its prior form.

This is your hack, so don't pay me heed here, but I didn't get the impression Loptyr/Loptous was the king of the Earth Dragon, just a champion/notable member.

6 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

Looks good.

Ma_snes01_shadow_dragon_enemy_moving.gif

That reminds me, map animations show the Shadow Dragon can burrow just like its prior form.

This is your hack, so don't pay me heed here, but I didn't get the impression Loptyr/Loptous was the king of the Earth Dragon, just a champion/notable member.

Yes, nothing says he is, but consequently, nothing suggests he wasn't. But as someone who was very much in line with the Earth Drgaon party line and an enemy of Naga, it isn't a bad position for him to be categorized as. And we do have suggestion that the Earth Dragons at least did have a king of some sort, as Medeus was the prince of Earth Dragons (true they could have been a principality, but in that case Medeus being so powerless a monarch as to convince literally none of his subjects to become a manakete with him would make a pretty powerless leader).

Just now, Jotari said:

Yes, nothing says he is, but consequently, nothing suggests he wasn't. But as someone who was very much in line with the Earth Drgaon party line and an enemy of Naga, it isn't a bad position for him to be categorized as. And we do have suggestion that the Earth Dragons at least did have a king of some sort, as Medeus was the prince of Earth Dragons (true they could have been a principality, but in that case Medeus being so powerless a monarch as to convince literally none of his subjects to become a manakete with him would make a pretty powerless leader).

I don't imagine Medeus was the King either, but I imagine the actual King was called Gaia and was Medeus's father or brother.

30 minutes ago, Emperor Hardin said:

I don't imagine Medeus was the King either, but I imagine the actual King was called Gaia and was Medeus's father or brother.

It's a personal preference, but I prefer to headcanon an existing character into that gap than inventing a new one. Much as I'd love to see a game set in the gold era of dragons, I doubt it's something IS will ever revist.

Edited by Jotari

13 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's a personal preference, but I prefer to headcanon an existing character into that gap than inventing a new one. Much as I'd love to see a game set in the gold era of dragons, I doubt it's something IS will ever revist.

Thats fair, I'm kinda reluctant to add new boss characters when I brainstorm improvement hacks.