Animals you'd like to see as "Beast units"

Jotari

1 hour ago, SSbardock84 said:

I'm kind of content with what we've had. I'd just like to see the laguz return with more variations. However, I think werewolf and vampire beast units would be super cool. For vampires give them some sort of form like the vampire lords in Skyrim, definitely has to be some sort of bat creature. 

We already had werewolves in Fates. Granted it was a really weird design choice to make them look a bit like giant teddy bears, but they were werewolves.

11 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Since laguz obviously result from the unresolved feelings Kaga got from looking at the weird side of the internet, they should add dog vomit slime mold laguz.

I hope this is sarcasm because I don't even think Kaga worked on Tellius.

I like your beaver idea though.

1 minute ago, Dragoncat said:

I don't even think Kaga worked on Tellius.

[Inhales, preparing to rant about the correlation between Berwick Saga, PoR and RD]

Uh, anyways, aquatic animals being laguz would be kinda nice, as well as a few more weird animals that other people above have mentioned.

From a gameplay perspective, a magic using laguz race would be nice, (Maelstrom doesn't really count, since Ravens are still primarily physical) just for some variation.

11 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I hope this is sarcasm because I don't even think Kaga worked on Tellius.

I read somewhere that it was based on some notes he left at the office. I don't care to bother verifying that, especially since Kaga is already the embodiment of Fire Emblem developers.

Add some crabs.

18 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't care to bother verifying that, especially since Kaga is already the embodiment of Fire Emblem developers

the embodiment of FE dev that only produce 5 games, while the other 9 (or 11) and 3 spin off is just a derivative of that 5 huh? i pity those who worked on them

4 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

They could do a variety of snakes: Water Mocassins, that get Pirate-like movement across water tiles; King Cobras, that inflict a "Poison Strike" effect; and Boa Constrictors, which freeze the foe in place after an attack. Hell, maybe one of the factions could be some sort of "Kingdom of Snakes".

Bat shifters could be pretty cool, too, as a type of flier that is neither a bird nor dragon. Maybe they could have an attack with the "Nosferatu" effect?

so those snake can transform into humanoid too? now i wonder where their hands and legs comes/gone to. altho animals with poison effect seems useful

5 minutes ago, joevar said:

the embodiment of FE dev that only produce 5 games, while the other 9 (or 11) and 3 spin off is just a derivative of that 5 huh? i pity those who worked on them

As do I, game development is a hard and thankless job. Miyamoto may be the embodiment of Nintendo, but it's a company of which he was only one employee. Nonetheless, there is a tradition among the people of the sands, that should it be asked why Link wears green or why Mario jumps, they respond, "Miyamoto wills it."

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

As do I, game development is a hard and thankless job. Miyamoto may be the embodiment of Nintendo, but it's a company of which he was only one employee. Nonetheless, there is a tradition among the people of the sands, that should it be asked why Link wears green or why Mario jumps, they respond, "Miyamoto wills it."

Doesn't really help that even twenty years later they're still pulling undeveloped ideas from Kaga's games such as battalions.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

i dont mind really mind that, just want to be more impartial about it. like if those idea thats implemented should be credited to kaga (even though its from so many years ago) then any fault FE has even after his departure could/should be credited to him too.

13 hours ago, joevar said:

i dont mind really mind that, just want to be more impartial about it. like if those idea thats implemented should be credited to kaga (even though its from so many years ago) then any fault FE has even after his departure could/should be credited to him too.

I think that would be a perfectly acceptable thing.

3 hours ago, defensedefumer said:

I would go with Dinosaurs, but they would be too similar to dragons.

Zerker Saurian - MMKB, the Mega Man Knowledge Base - Mega ...Fire Emblem

23 hours ago, Jotari said:

We already had werewolves in Fates. Granted it was a really weird design choice to make them look a bit like giant teddy bears, but they were werewolves.

Well that explains why they looked the way they did. Did they call them werewolves in the game? I don't remember that. It's been a long time since I've played Fates though.

Just now, SSbardock84 said:

Well that explains why they looked the way they did. Did they call them werewolves in the game? I don't remember that. It's been a long time since I've played Fates though.

Well I don't think term werewolf ever literally appears, but Wolfskin is a term used to refer to werewolves and the Japanese name is actually an old French word for Werewolf. Plus the whole bipedal aspect making them pretty literal man wolves.

Give me some ahuizotl beast units. Their tails end with a hand, so imagine if they actually wielded a weapon with those. Actually, all their limbs have hands, not paws, so...

No, don't care the animal is mythological... just look at the dragons. It ain't stopped them.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 11/2/2020 at 4:43 PM, defensedefumer said:

What about elephants, giant spiders or even octopi?

I second the demand for Elephant-Beastkin. Also, Geese, because why not?

But I´ll also say, get the wannabe meat transformers outta here and give us some actual mixed-up beast races - haven`t Centaur- and Lamia-ish enemies been a thing already? Give us Minotaurs, Centaurs and whatever else lurks around. Hell, I´m fine with adding Chimeras such as Basilisk or Cockatrice.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some shapeshifter races that I'd like to see, not all in the same game: 

* Serpent, merfolk: Perfect for an aquatic dragon race with serpentine body 

* Deer: Come on, there's sacred deers in a lot of myths, why not a deer race

* Unicorn Cause why not. Shapeshifter unicorns is also a common recurrent elemnt in fantasy.  

* Bat, vampire: there's werewolves represented by the wolf laguz and wolfskin, angel-like creatures in heron, but no vampires and I'm surprised with their absence honestly

* Butterfly: probably would be the similar or even same race as the elves/fairies in Heroes, functioning as refreshing units 

I wouldn't mind if they expand on the existing beasts, bringing back kitsunes and Wolfskin in a setting, explaining it's in the same world of Fates, but without further connection in the plot. Or even making a new game in Tellius to bring back all laguz.