Is The Latias I got in A Surprise Trade Hacked?

James Marshall

Is The Latias I got in A Surprise Trade Hacked?. Here's loads of info on it?

It A Shiny Latias that was caught in A Masterball that came to me holding A Masterball and it has 27 Ribbons

It came to me at Level 40. It has A Dynamax Level of 10, it has The Levitate Ability, its stats are 126Hp, Attack 72, Defence 89, Special Attack 105, Special Defence 121 and Speed 115 and when it came to me its moves were Role Play, Roost, Confide and Dual Wingbeat

Its 27 Ribbons are The Galar Champion, Tower Master, Alola Champion, Battle Royal Master, Battle Tree Great, Battle Tree Master, Hoenn Champion, Kalos Champion, Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master, Best Friends, Training, Skillful Battler, Expert Battler, Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile, Gorgeous, Royal and Gorgeous Royal Ribbons

It may pay you to check its IVs using the Judge feature.

Level 40 is the level it appears at in the Gen 3 games and it can be shiny in them. So check where it says it's originally from in case it has a bizarre location.

What's interesting is that if they've tried giving it every available ribbon available to it, it's missing the Champion Ribbon from Gen 3 and the Contest Ribbons it could've gotten from them.

Are there screenshots you can provide of its status screens to help me evaluate it?

2 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

Level 40 is the level it appears at in the Gen 3 games and it can be shiny in them. 

I'd also like to mention Latias appears at Level 30 in ORAS, and none of the ribbons it has are exclusively from before Gen 6. And given which ribbons it has, I'd believe it's likely from ORAS.

Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master are all the ORAS maxed contest stat ribbons, with the odd exception of Toughness, which definitely lends credibility to it being not hacked since its an odd exclusion.

Best Friends, Training are Gen 6 introduced and available up to Gen 8.

Skillful Battler, Expert Battler are Gen 6 exclusives that from the Battle Maison.

Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile are Gen 4 introduced but were made available again in Gen 6.

Gorgeous, Royal and Gorgeous Royal Ribbons were also Gen 4 available and reintroduced in Gen 6.

The only thing that bothers me is the moveset, and it being only Level 40. I struggle to believe it would actually have obtained all of the Battle facility Ribbons while not even hitting level 50, and with that moveset it's weird to imagine it having the Gen 8 Battle Tower ribbons. I guess it's TECHNICALLY possible but I have to wonder why they'd even go through the effort only to WT the thing away.

Also, it's 100% perfect IV with Timid, I checked the calc. Unfortunately, this thing is very likely hacked, UNLESS it says Hyper Trained on the IV page of its stats. Then it's just very weird, and possible duped, but otherwise totally legit.

I still believe it's most likely genned, since the likelihood of it having 0 EVs, and going through all of the Battle facilities and champions, and also being exactly 10 levels above the ORAS catch level while also having a very very, uh, bad moveset, are just very... weird. Role Play is an ORAS/USUM tutor move exclusive with Latias, and then Roost and Confide are TM exclusives for it in Gen 6/7.

Edited by Emerson

5 hours ago, Emerson said:

I'd also like to mention Latias appears at Level 30 in ORAS, and none of the ribbons it has are exclusively from before Gen 6. And given which ribbons it has, I'd believe it's likely from ORAS.

I keep thinking that if battled in Omega Ruby it's at level 50 but it's not and that keeps bothering me...

Well I guess what's really bothering me is that it was caught in a Master Ball and was holding when when traded. In Omega Ruby it's a fixed battle and in Alpha Sapphire it's a free gift that prevents you from choosing the ball to get it in.

6 hours ago, Emerson said:

Coolness Master, Beauty Master, Cuteness Master, Cleverness Master are all the ORAS maxed contest stat ribbons, with the odd exception of Toughness, which definitely lends credibility to it being not hacked since its an odd exclusion.

What's odd about the Toughness exception is that all of the contest stats can be maxed out in ORAS because they removed the Sheen Cap. You can max out any Pokémon's Contest performance and the only thing it needs to do is take part in contests with appropriate moves for decent combos to win them.

Best Friends, Training are Gen 6 introduced and available up to Gen 8.

The Training Ribbon itself is interesting because it's an award for completing every course of Super Training and it can't be earned outside of Gen 6.

Best Friends is available in every Generation since its debut and is rewarded for Maxing the Affection with the Pokémon.

Skillful Battler, Expert Battler are Gen 6 exclusives that from the Battle Maison.

Both of which make this extremly difficult to suggest it's not hacked but there is still the very unlikely plausibility that it was on the team of someone who was able to clear both without needing to use it except maybe as bait for something else. However unlikely that may be.

Effort, Alert, Shock, Downcast, Careless, Relax, Snooze, Smile are Gen 4 introduced but were made available again in Gen 6.

Gorgeous, Royal and Gorgeous Royal Ribbons were also Gen 4 available and reintroduced in Gen 6.

No rebuttals but I can't remember where the first 7 you've said are availble in ORAS.

The only thing that bothers me is the moveset, and it being only Level 40. I struggle to believe it would actually have obtained all of the Battle facility Ribbons while not even hitting level 50, and with that moveset it's weird to imagine it having the Gen 8 Battle Tower ribbons. I guess it's TECHNICALLY possible but I have to wonder why they'd even go through the effort only to WT the thing away.

For me it's this coupled with the Master Ball thing I mentioned earlier. Something I did come to the conclusion of is that they did it by accident or a younger relative might have done it without knowing what they were doing or something like that. We can't rule out the possibility of an accident or even deliberate sabotage because that's not fair to the prior owner if it was an accident or something like that.

Also, it's 100% perfect IV with Timid, I checked the calc. Unfortunately, this thing is very likely hacked, UNLESS it says Hyper Trained on the IV page of its stats. Then it's just very weird, and possible duped, but otherwise totally legit.

The problem with Hyper Training is that it requires being at level 100 to do it. I remember trying to do so recently and it wouldn't let me. So this lines up more to it being hacked in some way.

I still believe it's most likely genned, since the likelihood of it having 0 EVs, and going through all of the Battle facilities and champions, and also being exactly 10 levels above the ORAS catch level while also having a very very, uh, bad moveset, are just very... weird. Role Play is an ORAS/USUM tutor move exclusive with Latias, and then Roost and Confide are TM exclusives for it in Gen 6/7.

The 0 EVs could come from the Friendship berries to be fair. Although as you've said before, why go through the effort to do something if you're gonna undo the effort you put in. That in itself smells like hacking too. Not because of the 0 EVs but because of the erasure of the stats that could've gotten them through some of those challenges.

With regards to the moves, they could've changed them to be like that before transferring since Leon's not exactly the toughest of opponents to get a Battle Ribbon from and in a Single Battle with Latias along for the ride, I reckon it's very doable.

Although I don't understand why they'd go to the lengths of turning off the Exp. Share when running through the Elite 4 in any of the applicable games.

The only thing I really have to add is that if we eliminate the impossible, whatever information is left is the unlikely truth.

Personally, I'd return the thing since it seems WAY too weird under the circumstances. At the very least I'd try to get into contact with the person who sent it to ask why they traded it since it's an incredibly bizarre collection of Moves, Ribbons and accomplishments for it.

41 minutes ago, Light Strategist said:

The problem with Hyper Training is that it requires being at level 100 to do it. I remember trying to do so recently and it wouldn't let me. So this lines up more to it being hacked in some way.

oh shit you're right i forgot yeah this is 100% hacked

6iv is a dead giveaway 99% of the time especially for legends. usually 6iv (non legendary) stuff is kept for personal breeding projects or just it being the person's breeding goal in the first place so its unlikely to see any 6iv in breedject trading (which id say is the main usage of WTing) unless they got a lot and were feeling generous.

I actually have a hacked Shiny Latias of my own in Home that I got through WT. Wonder if it's the same guy... although I got mine ages ago.

EDIT: Oh yeah I actually got TWO shiny latias through WT! One is from ORAS in a Master Ball at Level 100 with no perfect IVs. What's weird is actually it having NO perfect IVs, since in Gen 6, you're actually guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs. Unless I'm unaware of a quirk with the gift Latias from mid ORAS, they probably genned the thing and forgot about the IV legality of it. It also has the Hoenn Champion Ribbon.

On the other hand, my other shiny Latias is entirely legal. But the weird thing is, it's from HGSS, and in a Pokeball. It must've been used be the original person quite a bit too, because it actually has a Ribbon too, the Sinnoh Champion Ribbon. It also has a single move deleted, which makes me assume it likely had Fly or something, since HM moves have to be removed when transfering from 4 to 5. Oh, and it's also Japanese, that's a thing.

Honestly not actually sure when I got either of them.

Edited by Emerson