Special Heroes: In the Moment

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Dire Thunder a fucking refine. Meisterschwert, too.

Even if these new weapons can't be refined, they have no excuse to deny DT a refine anymore.

Also, Zihark existing is cool, but I wish they could've made him anything but RED. His normal self will most definitely be red.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

It's kinda crazy how the art for Laev gets worse with every alt.

We free pull on Blue tho~

What? I think it her art looks cool, even though her fingers in the thumbnail look weird.

I forgot their name, but that user who really likes Zihark is going to have a field day. Hope they have better luck with 4 star focus than I do.

Most of them look cool, but Laevatein's art is awful and she breaks the trend of avoiding duplicate seasonals outside of duos. This is her third seasonal, even!

Wish we'd gotten more new characters than just Zihark, but still nice to get him. I'll pull for him since he's the demote and ignore the rest.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Most of them look cool, but Laevatein's art is awful and she breaks the trend of avoiding duplicate seasonals outside of duos. This is her third seasonal, even!

Wish we'd gotten more new characters than just Zihark, but still nice to get him. I'll pull for him since he's the demote and ignore the rest.

Bride Lyn and Summer Lyn though

As well as three seasonal Camillas

Edited by Sunwoo

Welp, this looks like cra...wait, was that...

rechecks

Navarre?

...Navarre?!

...You know, this is actually better than pretty much anyone I would have guessed, why not, bring on the Navarre alt I suppose.

Goddamit! I need to get that Duo Lyn to keep the collection going, if it wasn't for that this would be an easy skip. 

Anyways. The theme of the banner is ninjas and dual wielding so everyone gets Brave weapons! 

The inheritable ones have a semi LnD 2 effect where they grant extra Spd in exchange of Def/Res. I can them working on some fliers with Dive Bomb or with the help of Duo Byleth for other mov types, but other than those I don't know...Brave weapons aren't all that great nowadays. 

As for the units themselves (we already know their stats):

Laevateinn gets a Dual Phase Prf with half of a Blade tome effect. Fodder-wise she only offers Atk/Def Rein which is pretty strong, but not much else. If one wishes to use her changing Distant Ward for DC is a must. Stats are: 41/42/18/37/34. Very min-maxed.

Navarre faces competition from the Dimitris so he's more fodder than unit. I mean, he has FB4 and Lull Spd/Def which is ultra premium but he'll be competitive enough if you like him. Stats are: 41/39/42/31/23. Again, very Speedy with good Atk but still pales to L!Dimitri (which should be obvious considering the latter is even more premium). 

Zihark is the demote and as a sword infantry he already has troubles considering the likes of Mareeta/Larcei/etc exist. His fodder is meh. Stats: 43/37/42/30/24. Keeps the theme with high Atk/Spd, ok-ish Def and low Res. 

Lyn & Florina are the prize of the banner (at first glance, I think Laevateinn comes out on top with that half Blade tome effect) with full skillset and a free Dance as their Duo skill. For fodder there's Swift Sparrow 3 and Spd/Def Rein, which is pretty awesome for PP units. I'd recommend switching the chill for Desperation. Stats: 40/38/42/21/26. Glass cannon spread and their Prf makes it even more obvious as it shares the same effect as the inheritable weapons+Slaying. 

Hana is not on the banner but let's check her out too. Fodder wise she offers LnD 3, which is worth nothing considering Sothe already gives it, and Wrath 3. Hopefully Wrath 3 will be available at 4*. Stats: 42/36/40/28/30. Balanced spread so you can do whatever you want with her, Glass cannon build, tanky, etc, etc. 

Also for BST:

Laevateinn: 172

Navarre: 176 (might have a superboon to reach 180, who knows). 

Zihark: 176 (same as Navarre). 

Duo Lyn (not that it matters when Duo status puts them at 185 regardless or was it 180) :167

Hana: 176 (she'll probably have either no superboons like Nemesis or one in an undesirable stat like Ena, I'm betting on the latter because she has no Prf). 

Edited by Alexmender

Can't say that I'm too shocked to see the banner but I'm happy to see Duo Lyn! Looks like no pulling on the New Heroes Revival banner (though at this point, OG Lyn doesn't really need Time's Pulse since she got repurposed for AR-O).

So Duo Lyn is basically a colorless dagger flier with 1 free Galeforce on demand per map and carries a Prf Brave Slaying dagger. Easily the most selfish Duo skill I've seen but the effect fits Lyn and Florina nonetheless. She'd probably end up using Windsweep in Arena modes since she already attacks twice anyways.

Ninja Hana has some nice things, namely in Wrath for players who don't use Astram as Wrath fodder, I guess. I can guess that Hana has a generic version of Ninja Laevatein's Prf.

Ninja Laevatein has Distant Ward and Atk/Def Rein, making her pretty valuable for Florina fans. Ashnard fans would likely appreciate Atk/Def Rein as well.

Ninja Zihark is just another standard sword unit but hey, Zihark fans finally get their day and he does have Spd/Def Gap (if somebody actually uses it) and Ninja Katana+.

Ninja Navarre coming with Lull Spd/Def right after a banner with a Lull Spd/Def focus unit ends. 

Oh shit the artist for Laevatain is the guy from the Devil Survivor games, no wonder it looked so familiar. I kinda want to pull her just for that, but I'm low on orbs.

Okay so I’ve joked about Maeda being a huge shounen nerd but this is getting a bit ridiculous. First pirates and now ninjas! What’s next a shinigami banner?! Seriously though you can’t tell me that Naruto or One Piece didn’t once cross their minds as they were making these banners.

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

Oh shit the artist for Laevatain is the guy from the Devil Survivor games, no wonder it looked so familiar. I kinda want to pull her just for that, but I'm low on orbs.

Wait, what?!

*one google search later*

Holy crap, you're right! Man...Devil Survivor 2 is one of my favorite games and I didn't recognize the similarity.

48 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Give Dire Thunder a fucking refine. Meisterschwert, too.

Even if these new weapons can't be refined, they have no excuse to deny DT a refine anymore.

Also, Zihark existing is cool, but I wish they could've made him anything but RED. His normal self will most definitely be red.

I think we're definitely gonna see Dire Thunder refines sooner rather than later. Now that they're giving non-CYL staffs refines, DT has got to be on the way. The floodgates are open for mostly everything, the only thing I'm wondering about as far as refines go are Legendaries.

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think we're definitely gonna see Dire Thunder refines sooner rather than later. Now that they're giving non-CYL staffs refines, DT has got to be on the way. The floodgates are open for mostly everything, the only thing I'm wondering about as far as refines go are Legendaries.

Considering how lackluster the earliest legendaries heroes are nowadays (Fjorm, Ike, Grima, etc.) I'd be really surprised if they went "lol legendaries too stronk"

Not saying the Serenes crowd does this but the double standards man. Some people were dreading and joking about another Camilla yet Lyn is a-okay. I just wish they'd be consistent with their supposed too many alts complaint. 

Ah it's no good being negative, bad me. I like ninjas but other than Hana I'm not really interested in the other units. I'm summoning purely for cool weapon fodder which is probably a first for me. I don't think I've ever summoned for fodder lol. 

Hm, Spd-based Brave weapons? About time we get these... queuing up a LOT more Desperation fodder.
...oh yeah, the Feh Channel revealed the stats of everyone, including Hana. All spreads remove their respective weapons.

~Laevatein's art isn't the best out there (if you ask me, they nailed her the first time), but her skills... oh boy, her skills. She basically has a full Bravetome effect on her weapon given she always attacks twice, and her entire kit makes her into a nightmare to battle if you can't kill her in one go. (stat spread: 41/42/18/37/34)

~Navarre is going all-in on Spd. Not much to say here. (Stat spread: 41/39/42/31/23)

~Zihark... I mean, it's cool he's here I think, but when there's an abundance of Swordies who would love to get their hands on his weapon... he should be glad he's the demote this time. (stat spread: 43/37/42/30/24)

~Lyn and Florina look great, both artistically and skill loadout. Her weapon and duo skill... could be a little more inspired, but nobody ever said special cooldown reduction/Spd brave stats and self-refreshing was bad . The only real dud is Chill Atk/Def, but that's what Desperation is for. (Stat spread: 40/38/42/21/26)

~Hana has a very basic starting kit of Glimmer, Life and Death 3, and Wrath, in addition to the bonuses of the Ninja Brave weapons. Looks effective enough. (I think her stat spread is 42/36/40/28/30)

...I hope I'm calculating these stats right, and that the stat mods on the weapons are reflected in the physical stats...

Well, I hope regular Brave Weapons get a Refine soon!

I will aim primarily for ITM!Laevatein and ITM!Lyn, but I will probably try for them all.

49 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Brave weapons aren't all that great nowadays. 

Brave Weapons are great for damage output, and these particular ones are also great for Galeforce.

In terms of raw damage output, these Weapons should rival the latest exclusive melee Weapons on player phase, and should surpass most older exclusive Weapons. They got 1 extra Atk and a massive Spd boost compared to regular Brave Weapons, so these Weapons should hit pretty hard and they are very likely to quad. The only Weapons that really surpass Brave Weapons in damage output are Blade Weapons and Slaying Weapons (Blazing nukes), but generally only mages have access to Blade tomes, and only infantry can be Blazing nukes.

For Galeforce, infantry units can use Time's Pulse on C to simulate Slaying effect, and Flashing Blade on either A or Sacred Seal. The lower Mt helps avoid one shotting and hitting twice is guaranteed.

29 minutes ago, Florete said:

Lyn & Florina! Yyyyyyeeaaaahhh!

Quad builds just got a hell of a lot better for sword/lance/axe. If those things can be refined while regular brave weapons still can't...top tier trolling.

In the Moment Weapons cannot be Refined. It is stated at the end of the video.

And now Laevatein somehow has more alts than the actual face (Fjorm) of Book II. Who the f*** asked for this?

The rest of this lineup is fine, but boy does that Laevatein alt actually piss me off (and her art has also now regressed to the point that she only barely looks like the same character).

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Bride Lyn and Summer Lyn though

As well as three seasonal Camillas

All of that was before September 2019, which is what I see as the start of that trend. There were plenty of exceptions before that, but I'd hoped we were done with them.

Edited by Othin

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Brave Weapons are great for damage output, and these particular ones are also great for Galeforce.

In terms of raw damage output, these Weapons should rival the latest exclusive melee Weapons on player phase, and should surpass most older exclusive Weapons. They got 1 extra Atk and a massive Spd boost compared to regular Brave Weapons, so these Weapons should hit pretty hard and they are very likely to quad. The only Weapons that really surpass Brave Weapons in damage output are Blade Weapons and Slaying Weapons (Blazing nukes), but generally only mages have access to Blade tomes, and only infantry can be Blazing nukes.

For Galeforce, infantry units can use Time's Pulse on C to simulate Slaying effect, and Flashing Blade on either A or Sacred Seal. The lower Mt helps avoid one shotting and hitting twice is guaranteed.

I don't find a lot of value in quadding, if one reaches that point it means their dmg is very lackluster to begin with and if the unit is not under a Desperation effect it can mean the enemy unit gets free charges to their special, which is way too dangerous when these weapons lower your bulk by a sizeable margin. 2 shotting stuff will always be a more reliable strategy and to that end regular Brave weapons do the job well enough. 

However, thinking back on it the reason I feel Brave weapons are kinda lackluster right now is due to how increasingly common Dmg reduction is becoming, which practically shuts every standard Brave weapon down hard. Except the +4 Spd these ones give grant a better matchup against any unit that uses Spd based dmg reduction. They'll still do no good against B!Ike and B!Dimitri, but that's just 2 units and a teammate can cover for that weakness. 

I still believe the Solo-Lull weapons from the Pirate banner are better than these ones for general purposes, but I'll admit I was too quick to dismiss them as just another set of Brave weapons when they have their own strengths to set them apart.