Special Heroes: In the Moment

Fire Emblem Fan

On 11/4/2020 at 4:07 PM, Mercakete said:

Also, kind of surprised that the closest we got to an actual ninja is Hana. This would've been such a nice way to introduce Shura. 😞 Well, Hana's axes are beautiful and she's free. Likely, she's the only one I'll get from this. Free pull + TT+ and done.

I'm not sure what would be done with Kaze, Saizo and Kagero. They're already in the game in their default ninja outfits, unless they were given master ninja outfits (which would look cool). I would've loved to see Shura debut as a ninja alt. He and Nyx are at the top of my most-wanted-for-Heroes list.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:26 PM, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

MY EYES - Album on Imgur

Agreed.

I'm glad I'm far from the only person who doesn't like Laevatein's art. I dislike the more stylized art a few characters have (Olivia and Arthur come to mind), since these characters look out of place with the others. At least Olivia and Arthur's anatomy and expressions look reasonably correct. Laevatein looks poorly drawn.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I'm not sure what would be done with Kaze, Saizo and Kagero. They're already in the game in their default ninja outfits, unless they were given master ninja outfits (which would look cool). I would've loved to see Shura debut as a ninja alt. He and Nyx are at the top of my most-wanted-for-Heroes list.

I don't really think that Kaze, Saizo, and Kagero should have been a part of this, but Shura and Midori would have been good since you don't really get to see them in ninja garb otherwise. Asugi could have fit, too, maybe as a duo unit with his dad trying to get him to be a proper ninja. (Just Saizo by himself would be a bit...repetative.) Still, having an actual ninja who knows what (s)he's doing to help the others and clear up any confusion about them would have been great, I think. We got actual pirates for the pirate banner, but no actual ninjas for the ninja banner. Hana's at least Hoshidan, but even then, she's not really a ninja. They have their own subculture in Hoshido, as is explained by the ninja twins, Kagero, and Shura in their supports.

But really, I would've loved to see Shura as a ninja. We always see him when he's not one, even though he's very much one at heart.

Edit: So, I sent feedback asking that if they do another ninja banner sometime, that they could include Shura, Midori, and a duo hero of Asugi+Saizo (Saizo wanting to encourage Asugi in his heritage and Asugi just being there to humor his dad and to eat festival treats.) I think it'd be neat if we used the remaining two spaces (a TT+ unit and the remaining banner unit) for people from other games. TMS would make sense because they're from Japan and Japan is the origin of ninja (and shounen manga) so they'd fit right in. Of course, people from Heroes would make sense, too, since they live in the bridge to other worlds. However, that doesn't mean that people from other games wouldn't make sense. For example, I could see Fin gravitating to the Hoshidan Ninja's way of thinking, living to serve one's lord, even from the shadows (after all, Fin was in hiding with Leif for a long time.) Dew or Patty would also make sense, being, well, thieves, and neither are represented in the game yet. Plus, ninja versions of those two could be really cute. If we wanted to go all in on Fates, though, Ryoma (since both of his retainers are ninja, I could see him wanting to try it out for himself to understand them better) and Sakura (she would be cute in a ninja outfit and I think she'd like to try it out, too) make sense.

Edited by Mercakete

This Special Heroes banner kind of came out of nowhere, but I really like it. I hope they do this again in the future. Soooo glad they didn't do Hoshido characters lol. I'm sure they'll get a chance in the future though. I only summoned for Zihark and got him, though I didn't realize he was a four star focus. Not a big deal though since I always have lots of feathers. But yeah, I think this is a really good look for Zihark. Often characters get shafted when they're introduced as Special Heroes, but Zihark is one of the lucky ones imo.

Played around with a +7 Zihark for a day now (I have the rest of the +3, just need more feathers lmao), and the current build that's absolutely destroying most of my previous hard counters in AR-O is.... [ drumroll ] :

• Galeforce (gotta take advantage of that x4 strike)
  • Flashing Blade 4 (thank you, Navarre~. +12 damage in addition to the rest of the attack is nice to chip away at b!edelgard who is usually the only one he couldn't kill outright before, other than a few select blue tanks)
  • Close Call 3 (i did try desperation but he's deceptively fragile in some weird corner cases, and the movement-back effect helps to protect dancers in the case if he doesn't proc galeforce.  for pure player phase nuke shenanigans i also have a lull spd/def on him.)
  • Pulse Smoke 3 (takes care of any specials that may have KO'd him or others otherwise)
  • Brazen Def/Res 3 (more for tempest trial endurance shenanigans; i'll probably strap a Death Blow on him after it's done, especially if it doesn't perform in AR-D.)

In a weird way he's a hybrid of a supertank and a player phase nuke?  i like :D

8 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

Played around with a +7 Zihark for a day now (I have the rest of the +3, just need more feathers lmao), and the current build that's absolutely destroying most of my previous hard counters in AR-O is.... [ drumroll ] :

• Galeforce (gotta take advantage of that x4 strike)
  • Flashing Blade 4 (thank you, Navarre~. +12 damage in addition to the rest of the attack is nice to chip away at b!edelgard who is usually the only one he couldn't kill outright before, other than a few select blue tanks)
  • Close Call 3 (i did try desperation but he's deceptively fragile in some weird corner cases, and the movement-back effect helps to protect dancers in the case if he doesn't proc galeforce.  for pure player phase nuke shenanigans i also have a lull spd/def on him.)
  • Pulse Smoke 3 (takes care of any specials that may have KO'd him or others otherwise)
  • Brazen Def/Res 3 (more for tempest trial endurance shenanigans; i'll probably strap a Death Blow on him after it's done, especially if it doesn't perform in AR-D.)

In a weird way he's a hybrid of a supertank and a player phase nuke?  i like 😄

Stop tempting me. XD (I think that I've had a soft spot for speedsters in this game ever since Summer Innes...who is still the only Innes I have and his sister avoids me.) You keep making that scene from Lord of the Rings (movie) play in my head (when Gandalf says "Don't tempt me, Frodo!") Kind of funny when you extend it. "I would build this Zihark with the desire to do good. But through me...he would wield a power too dark and terrible to imagine..."

Edit: Although, it's more like "I only have about 20 orbs right now and should save in order to use them effectively/snipe for priority units." ...Like Boyd, if he ever makes it into the game. And VERY MUCH Elena if she ever makes it into the game. I need to complete the Griel Mercenary family, and both are required for that.

Edited by Mercakete

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Stop tempting me. XD (I think that I've had a soft spot for speedsters in this game ever since Summer Innes...who is still the only Innes I have and his sister avoids me.) You keep making that scene from Lord of the Rings (movie) play in my head (when Gandalf says "Don't tempt me, Frodo!") Kind of funny when you extend it. "I would build this Zihark with the desire to do good. But through me...he would wield a power too dark and terrible to imagine..."

[ Emperor laughs ] you know you want to give iiiiin xD~~~

But hah! Well, I heard somebody mention he and Navarre are essentially the Gen 5 Lon'qu speedsters, and they're not wrong - a surprising bit of a statball without being a Mareeta level of game-breaking at +0.  Wonder what a different prf weapon would do, though. Hard to beat a better brave weapon, but I'm sure they'll come along.

30 minutes ago, kradeelav said:

[ Emperor laughs ] you know you want to give iiiiin xD~~~

But hah! Well, I heard somebody mention he and Navarre are essentially the Gen 5 Lon'qu speedsters, and they're not wrong - a surprising bit of a statball without being a Mareeta level of game-breaking at +0.  Wonder what a different prf weapon would do, though. Hard to beat a better brave weapon, but I'm sure they'll come along.

Yes, I know he's good. XD Who knows? Maybe I'll pick him up when he appears in a double special someday. For now, I think my best move is to save orbs. ^_^