Tempest Trial+: Ninja Novices

Diovani Bressan

A new Tempest Trial+ is coming, titled "Ninja Novices"! 

wGhgWNo.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Ninja Lyn (& Ninja Florina), Ninja Zihark, Ninja Laevatein, NInja Navarre, Ninja Hana, Lyn, Florina and Laevatein.

wP172qr.jpg

Ninja Hana's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

J3FvvGD.jpg

42 HP, 36 Atk, 40 Spd, 28 Def, 30 Res - 176 BST
(Stats based on her appearance in the Feh Channel)

A samurai from Hoshido who serves as Sakura's retainer. She heard the ninja festival was being held
and is attending with pride and high spirits. Appears in Fire Emblem Fates.

hdCmi1Z.png Ninja Masakari+ (Mt: 9 Range: 1)
Grants Spd+4. Inflict Def/Res-4. If unit initiates combat, unit attacks twice.
(This weapon is not refinable.)

CbNP1gu.pngGlimmer (Cooldown: 2)
Boost damage dealt by 50%

ZNL0mYx.png Life and Death 3
Grants Atk/Spd+5. Inflict Def/Res-5.

yJJ6jgz.png Wrath 3
At start of turn, if unit's HP ≤ 75% and unit's attack triggers Special, grans Special cooldown
count-1, and deals +10 damage when special triggers.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

VdWnAYo.png Kestral Stance 2
If foe initiates combat, grants Atk/Spd+4 during combat.

cu0BPvr.png Hone Beasts
At start of turn, grants Atk/Spd+6 to adjacent beast allies for 1 turn.

You can also earn some Divine Codes ( Ephemera 11 ) by reaching the 6,000 score, and a Water Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Kestrel Stance and Hone Beasts are both nice. Only needs 100 coins, so the rest can go towards my backlog... which really doesn't have many relevant seals left.

Edited by Othin

I shouldn't have sacrificed my only Lyn last weekend for my new Catherine. So I'll start without a bonus unit. (never bothered to keep, much less use Florina)

Kestral stance is a nice seal although I would prefer to see it in the regular pool on a TT or GHB unit. It's still a superrare skill. I think only two units have it, and one of them is a legendary.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

Well I finally get to dust off that +1 OG!Lyn I never use for this, I will team her up with Virion, Geese and Darros since they are closest to capping HM.  Hopefully I get lucky on the banner, Navarre and Zihark are characters I really like.  Seals are nice and I am glad they don't take a bunch of coins to upgrade since I still have a backlog.

+10+15 OG Lyn and 5*+9+5 Florina are ready to go! Would love to pick up Duo Lyn and use her there!

Kestrel Stance seal is nice, especially since the A-skill is still exclusive to Legendary Ryoma and Say'ri. Hone Beasts is nice -- wouldn't need to spend any coins though I likely wouldn't be using it often.

Ninja Hana is a neat prize since she has Wrath and ninja axe weapons. Too bad grail income has remained largely unchanged since its release because of the power of choice.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ninja Hana has superboons in Spd and Def, so she can reach 180 BST.

44 Spd with a boon is very good, making her a great user of Repel type skills.

Hana is already one of the best Grail unit for me hands down, I have my next Grail +10 AND Trait fruit recipient decided.

Seriously, I don't think many other grail units have one of their most important stats be their superboon, and Hana can reach 48 Spd with a +Spd and her weapons alone? I know there's probably better users of her weapon out there, but I +10ed Groom Hinata knowing that already too.

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Ninja Hana has superboons in Spd and Def, so she can reach 180 BST.

And a superbane in Res. That Spd superboon is a thing of beauty, I must say.

Are there any other units who could use her axes well, or is it just her? I can't help noticing how easy Astram makes it to inherit both Wrath and Ninja Masakari+ to someone. (I know Anna was dethroned as the fastest axe unit earlier this year.) Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Are there any other units who could use her axes well, or is it just her?

Most any unit who uses a Brave Axe+ already will prefer Masakari+ over the Brave Axe, even if they're slow bulky Brave Axe users since these have an additional point of Might (though you may want to make sure that the loss of bulk doesn't affect their gameplay)

Thing about that is that Hana already has a great 36/40 statline to work with Masakari+, and most other axes don't match up to her Spd or Atk to make the axe work to its best (heck, she has almost the exact same raw offensive stats that 35/40 Duo Alm has). That aside, Jill has higher Atk and flier status compared to Hana (coming with all the best default skills to make the axe work great as a bonus), with Spring Fir having similar stats. Groom Marth and Spring Alfonse have the highest offensive stats among Axe Cavs to make Masakari work to its fullest. (31/36 and 35/33 respectively)

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Are there any other units who could use her axes well, or is it just her? I can't help noticing how easy Astram makes it to inherit both Wrath and Ninja Masakari+ to someone. (I know Anna was dethroned as the fastest axe unit earlier this year.) Thanks in advance!

Xenomata gave the gist of it where Masakari+ trading Def/Res-4 and being on a grail unit who a player can have at most 22 copies (2 from the TT and 20 from the shop) for +1 Mt and Spd+9 over Brave Axe+ pretty much means any Brave Axe unit who does not have a prf Brave Axe would likely be able to use Masakari well or would want it over Brave Axe. At the same time, there is the issue of kunoichi Hana being arguably the best axe infantry user of her default Masakari given her 36/40 base neutral stats.

The only axe units who exceed her total offenses are Hel (38/41) and Jill (39/40). Spring Fir is about the same compared to kunoichi Hana with her 35/41 total offenses. Spring Fir and Hel would give up unique niches if they choose to wield Masakari over their prf axe. Spring Fir's Bun-Bun Baton has a Killer effect, effective damage against armors, and the most distinctive of them Null Follow-Up which fliers cannot normally inherit and she is the only melee flier with a full Null Follow-Up as Myrrh needs to inherit Dragon's Ire and one of three fliers with Null Follow-Up with the remaining one being summer F!Byleth & Rhea.

Hel's Reaper has a Killer effect, neutralizes effective damage against fliers, and a Miracle effect and targets resistance against non-healer and non-mage foes where the Miracle effect can allow her to be an obnoxious to kill. Considering she is a mythic, a player could have a second Hel on their defense team with a different setup and Masakari would be fine for that. Inevitable Death's effect would in combat cancel out the defense and resistance drop from Masakari as it inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-4 on foes within 2 spaces of her which is like Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 for Hel and Masakari grants Spd+4 and inflicts Def/Res-4 on the user, the end result is Atk+4 and Spd+8 in combat.

Unlike spring Fir or Hel, Jill has an attack superboon allowing her to reach 43 base attack. Talregan Axe is packed for player phase with its Killer effect, Atk/Spd+6 if she initiates or is within 2 spaces of an ally, and Desperation that has no other requirements other than having 5 more speed than her foe. But Jill still needs to be able to double and units are getting faster and faster. She also does not have an effect that guarantees her follow-up attack like that of Dark Spikes T or nullifies effects that deny her follow-up attack. Masakiri would be more consistent in allowing her to hit twice which might be all she needs to ORKO, Brave someone to death where with Talregan Axe she could possibly fail to oneshot or double someone. Still, it would run into the same issue as Talregan Axe where when she needs to make a follow-up attack, she is not guaranteed a follow-up attack and cannot nullify follow-up prevention effects.

For total offenses, everyone else falls short compared to kunoichi Hana and that's not surprising with her 36/40 total neutral offenses. For pure attack, though, there are more options as 36 base neutral attack is not super high. The highest base neutral attack of axe units (and all units) belongs to CYL Edelgard at 45. Problem is that she would be giving up Flower Hauteclere which does a bunch of things, in particular, letting her circumvent armor movement. Next is legendary Edelgard at 42 base neutral attack and who has an attack superboon. She can run a Brave Axe build well given her ability to combo Galeforce and Raging Storm for two additional turns. Now the question is it 1 more Mt worth it for a limited weapon? And is Def/Res-4 worth it as well. Brave units are not supposed to take damage in combat and running Brave Axe allows her to avoid damage instead compared to running Aymr which can allow her to one-shot some foes as well as reduce the damage she takes.

Other than legendary Edelgard, there's regular Edelgard and Ross as standouts for me. Everyone else is falls under they are an armor with their armor movement and definitely don't have legendary Edelgard's ability to Galeforce twice essentially, they are slow so there isn't much to talk, or they are decently fast, but their offenses are lower than kunoichi Hana like Annette (39/36) whose Crusher grants her a unique support role, Gerik (37/36), and Hilda (37/37). Regular Edelgard and Annette do tie for the highest base neutral attack of axe infantry and both have an attack superboon. As noted, Annette's Crusher provides her a unique support role in being able to grant +1 movement to non-cavalry allies if she uses a Rally on them. Regular Edelgard is more of an offensive unit with Victorious Axe's Killer effect and guaranteed follow-up attack if there are more foes within 2 spaces of her than allies. In return for not having a Killer effect and lower Mt, Brave Axe or Masakari would guarantee her two hits. They would be more consistent which might be worth it. For those who like using Wings of Mercy strategies, Masakari lowering regular Edelgard's high defense can be useful as well, but she might need more, L&D as her A passive, since her base neutral defense is 37.

Ross would be the easier to merge as he is 3* to 4* summonable and slightly better scoring option compared to regular Edelgard. He ties with Mustafa for the second-highest base neutral attack of axe infantry and also has an attack superboon unlike Mustafa, so Ross still stats 1 point behind Annette and regular Edelgard for base attack. The only issue is that Ross comes with Brave Axe which considering Ross's much lower speed than kunoichi Hana, Masakari would kind of be like a sidegrade. His attack is 2 points higher than kunoichi Hana, he does have an attack superboon, he will appreciate 1 more Mt, and has plenty of HP to spare for the lowered defenses, but it might not be worth it to inherit a limited weapon on him over something else that would be more mixed or enemy phase-oriented like Ross with Barrier Axe, Slaying Axe, or Slaying Hammer if you really hate and need more anti-armor units. The other thing is he will eventually be part of a weapon update and he could end up with a prf Brave Axe.

I guess there's Mininerva who has the highest neutral offenses of 3* to 4* and grail axe fliers at 36/37, but that's not saying much when the 3* to 4* axe flier summoning pool is the same as it has been since launch and almost all of the grail units have the same stat spreads except for Mininerva being the only fast axe flier option and Narcian having balanced stats. She can use it well where at worst case scenario it's another weapon she can pick if she does not want to use her Dragoon Axe. I'd rather hope for an axe flier demote or another grail axe flier.

The biggest thing in this banner, for me, are those crazy-ass Brave weapons. Thank God they aren't refinable... : D

I wasn't planning on spending until Christmas, but I just can't pass up on dual lances (part of the charm for me).

me96m0tsddx51.png

Jill/Zihark/Ashnard/f!FellRobin make for a pretty tanky feather-grinding squad for the TT, apparently, with the first two being galeforcers. I'd slot in Petrine for the full #DaeinSquad experience, but she's a little too close to hitting her feather cap from the last TT session, and I'm planning on using her long-time.