DLC - when does "Offer Renown" unlock?

Agro

Topic title - I'm on a Maddening NG playthrough and I really need a Magic Bow for Archer!Mercedes, but the Pagan Altar hasn't yet unlocked the Offer Renown option. I could have sworn it was available from the beginning in NG+, so when does it unlock in vanilla playthroughs?

While I’m not certain, I’m pretty sure the offer item option is available at the start but you need to pay the influencer to get the offer renown option. If you’ve already tried that then I’m not sure. Sorry I can’t be more help.

6 hours ago, Barren said:

I think you have to wait until part 2 (at least on a normal playthrough) to unlock the magic bow. Plus you can forge it once you get arcane crystals which aren't hard to come by

What's the main method for getting Arcane Crystals? I know you can buy them from the secret merchant, but that's really near endgame.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

What's the main method for getting Arcane Crystals? I know you can buy them from the secret merchant, but that's really near endgame.

Iirc you can get lucky and they can drop around the monastery along with other ore like smithing stones or black sand steel. If you have the DLC feeding cats and dogs can also give some.

5 hours ago, Anathaco said:

Iirc you can get lucky and they can drop around the monastery along with other ore like smithing stones or black sand steel. If you have the DLC feeding cats and dogs can also give some.

Yeah, I know you can find them randomly. But there's an absolute tonne of items you can find randomly. So I wouldn't really peg that down as a reliable method. I usually only have about 1 or 2 before the secret merchant shows up.  I was hoping there was a specific monster that might drop them.

Edited by Jotari

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I know you can find them randomly. But there's an absolute tonne of items you can find randomly. So I wouldn't really peg that down as a reliable method. I usually only have about 1 or 2 before the secret merchant shows up.  I was hoping there was a specific monster that might drop them.

I don't believe it's random, actually. I believe there are 4 in total you can collect in Part 1 - they always show up in the same spots.

I have enough for a Magic Bow, but I'm not at B+ Professor yet and I don't particularly fancy fishing 6000 times to get there...

3 hours ago, Agro said:

I don't believe it's random, actually. I believe there are 4 in total you can collect in Part 1 - they always show up in the same spots.

I have enough for a Magic Bow, but I'm not at B+ Professor yet and I don't particularly fancy fishing 6000 times to get there...

Oh really? Well that'll give you enough for a forge but not any repairs I guess.