November/December 2020 Event Calendar

NSSKG151

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just to put it out there, there’s a decent chance this last Book IV banner will have a FEH OC (probably Triandra) on it like the first one and the mid point one. 

Then have Freyja as November's Mythic and Freyr as January's Mythic?

Honestly I am not sure that this can happen, I wouldn't mid that... having Triandra in the New Heroes Banner. Kinda weird how Plumeria would be the only one without that treatment though.

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Just to put it out there, there’s a decent chance this last Book IV banner will have a FEH OC (probably Triandra) on it like the first one and the mid point one. 

If I’m right I’m not holding my breath, then the Triandra + some FE6 too I guess lineup I’d like to see is: 

Triandra, Dieck, Melady, token axe demote Gonzalez, Guinevere (in the Emmeryn slot), and Murdock (GHB)

I've been wondering if that's going to happen, hopefully it does. The Mirabilis treatment is nice, since it means a chance to spark for a mythic and frees up a mythic slot later.

I think it'd more likely be Freyr rather than Triandra, to go along with Peony and Mirabilis as the good fairies.

And yeah, Guinevere could be a good fit for the Emmeryn slot.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Then have Freyja as November's Mythic and Freyr as January's Mythic?

Any optimism I had just got crushed by Resplendent Lucina so sure, go ahead with that IS if you’re listening.

3 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Honestly I am not sure that this can happen, I wouldn't mid that... having Triandra in the New Heroes Banner. Kinda weird how Plumeria would be the only one without that treatment though.

Fair, but on the flip side it would also be kinda odd if they don’t end this book like how they began it (and mid pointed it). Either way, I’m just going out on a limb with my guess.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Fair, but on the flip side it would also be kinda odd if they don’t end this book like how they began it (and mid pointed it). Either way, I’m just going out on a limb with my guess.

Fair as well. I wonder if we will get a Xenologue between the end of Book 4 and the start of Book 5.

This whole month seems like BAIT. Well, I have a Say'ri chilling in the back, so hopefully that Repel Banner doesn't tempt me~ But Close Foil could be a problem.  New Heroes is likely Elibe so should be an easy skip if it is~ For now, not expecting to have to Summon~

1 hour ago, Othin said:

I think it'd more likely be Freyr rather than Triandra, to go along with Peony and Mirabilis as the good fairies.

I defaulted to Triandra because expecting IS to go with a waifu instead of a guy (especially a crusty, older guy like Freyr) is typically a safe bet.

But yeah, Freyr could well be the more likely pick.

Man, I just see a whole load of "pass", and am just thankful that the Pawns of Loki event gives us some dragonflowers/grails. A bit low on orbs after the last few banners so it'll be nice to play with my current crew and restock for a few months.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I defaulted to Triandra because expecting IS to go with a waifu instead of a guy (especially a crusty, older guy like Freyr) is typically a safe bet.

But yeah, Freyr could well be the more likely pick.

It's not one or the other, just a question of when each one will be added. New Heroes mythics are easier to obtain than other mythics, so it could be a fitting place for them to put OCs they expect to be less desirable!

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

It's not one or the other, just a question of when each one will be added. New Heroes mythics are easier to obtain than other mythics, so it could be a fitting place for them to put OCs they expect to be less desirable!

Eh, I don't quite agree with that sentiment as it would make the New Heroes banner less desirable (especially if it features a less popular game like Binding Blade) and thus make IS less money. I feel like it would make more sense for a less desirable like Freyr to be on the actual Mythic banner as those banners are always going to have several other strong and desirable units (like Leif, Corrin and Hel on this month's one) that can carry the banner.

56 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Eh, I don't quite agree with that sentiment as it would make the New Heroes banner less desirable (especially if it features a less popular game like Binding Blade) and thus make IS less money. I feel like it would make more sense for a less desirable like Freyr to be on the actual Mythic banner as those banners are always going to have several other strong and desirable units (like Leif, Corrin and Hel on this month's one) that can carry the banner.

I am not sure if we can say that Freyr is desirable or not yet. We still dont know what his weapon does, and he will also have a Prf skill. Maybe he is a very good unit... Or maybe not. 

Freyja's weapon already makes me want to summon for her... And I am curious about what Prf skill she will have.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Perhaps. Still, I think it'd make more sense to have a theme to it than to go with Triandra.

Freyr is less popular than the other Book 4 OCs, but he's still plenty desirable.

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am not sure if we can say that Freyr is desirable or not yet. We still dont know what his weapon does, and he will also have a Prf skill. Maybe he is a very good unit... Or maybe not. 

Again, I'm just assuming his demand will be less than either Triandra or Freyja because he isn't a waifu. That can easily change if he ends being Bramimond-esque good. 

Either way, Freyr better hope he gets something that guarantees follow-ups if his stat line (taken from his one story appearance) is going to look something like this: 41/40/16/32/40/169.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

If I’m right I’m not holding my breath, then the Triandra + some FE6 too I guess lineup I’d like to see is: 

Triandra, Dieck, Melady, token axe demote Gonzalez, Guinevere (in the Emmeryn slot), and Murdock (GHB)

I'd definitely prefer this didn't happen. It took so long before Binding Blade got even one New Heroes banner. Now that we're finally getting them, I'd hate to see it hijacked by a lame OC.

4 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'd definitely prefer this didn't happen. It took so long before Binding Blade got even one New Heroes banner. Now that we're finally getting them, I'd hate to see it hijacked by a lame OC.

Agree with the sentiment. Though last time it happened (Mirabiis), they did make up for it with Emmeryn as an extra off banner unit.

10 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

4 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Agree with the sentiment. Though last time it happened (Mirabiis), they did make up for it with Emmeryn as an extra off banner unit.

Well, it's either that or we get a third straight Mythic banner that features a FEH OC (which is personally my less preferred option). Either way, someone isn't going to be happy.

6 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And Peony's banner had Tanya.

If they do a "Triandra/Freyr and More" banner, but add a 4th unit as a 3/4*, I wouldn't mind.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

And Peony's banner had Tanya.

If they do a "Triandra/Freyr and More" banner, but add a 4th unit as a 3/4*, I wouldn't mind.

Yeah, as long as we get five new FE6 units (four summonable ones and a GHB), it wouldn't lost anything from this. If we get an OC on the banner but don't get an extra demote to compensate, I'll agree that it's being shafted.

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Binding Blade has had two banners with no hijack, no alts. Their selection of launch units cushioned the relative lack of banners.

Thracia has also had two banners with no cushion. One was hijacked by Peony and had a Mareeta alt, the other you were expecting Finn but it was me, Reinhardt (and Olwen).

I think you can deal with one hijack. Especially if a unit gets the Kaze treatment.

Edited by Baldrick

34 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Binding Blade has had two banners with no hijack, no alts. Their selection of launch units cushioned the relative lack of banners.

Several other games/continents (Marthland, Blazing Blade, Awakening, Fates...) also had just as many if not more units at launch as Binding Blade, and they were getting multiple banners before Binding even got one. There was no cushion for that simple fact alone.

36 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Thracia has also had two banners with no cushion. One was hijacked by Peony and had a Mareeta alt, the other you were expecting Finn but it was me, Reinhardt (and Olwen).

Thracia shouldn't have been hijacked, either.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

There was no cushion for that simple fact alone.

I used the term cushion to differentiate between the games/continents with some units at launch, and those with no units at launch. Binding Blade falls into the former category, so it had a cushion.

Binding Blade did not any blankets put on top of the cushion for a long time. Nevertheless, it had a cushion.

Edited by Baldrick

8 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Several other games/continents (Marthland, Blazing Blade, Awakening, Fates...) also had just as many if not more units at launch as Binding Blade, and they were getting multiple banners before Binding even got one. There was no cushion for that simple fact alone.

All of those other games are also a lot more popular than FE6, in part because of not being JP-exclusive.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

All of those other games are also a lot more popular than FE6, in part because of not being JP-exclusive.

I wouldn't weigh much on SD not being JP exclusive. Considering it sold so poorly here that they didn't even localize NM and it contributed to the near-death of the franchise.

Thracia and Binding Blade actually have the highest representation, relative to their popularity (such that it can be measured). Thracia has 3 characters in the top 200 of CYL4, and 17 reps. Binding Blade is 6-38 (7, including Roy)

Edited by Baldrick

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Thracia and Binding Blade actually have the highest representation, relative to their popularity (such that it can be measured). Thracia has 3 units in the top 200 of CYL4, and 17 reps. Binding Blade is 6-38 (7, including Roy)

Considering how there aren't exactly many popular picks left it makes sense to include other characters as the anchor.

It kind of amazes me in hindsight how FE6 managed to get 2 banners without any "but" of them despite their only big carry being the Priestess