Marrying Kagero or Oboro

Zelda_Master

Yeah, what exactly do you want out of the union between the characters?  Do you want to give your avatar access to as many good classes as possible while also having very good stats, are you trying to give improve the other unit in the union with a great partner seal class, or do you want a good kid?  Or is it a mix of the three?

All I can really say, in general, is that you probably won't want to focus on magic, the Oni Savage, Knight, and Cavalier classes could benefit Kagero and Oboro quite a bit, and that boon/bane don't have much impact on Kana's stats (I say "much" because it'll still affect max stats, but that's only a consideration for basically endgame, and it's only a marginal amount of difference at that point, particularly because if you don't grind Kana probably will never reach max level).

I think the biggest consideration you have to make is the spouse.  That's why I say don't focus on magic, because by virtue of picking magic you'd likely also be inclined to pick a magic class as secondary class which really doesn't help Kagero nor Oboro, both of whom have pretty bad magic (Oboro's is a bit better, but still not great).  They'll generally want the same classes - Oni Savage, Cavalier, Knight, or possibly Wyvern Knight - and in regards to the avatar's boons and banes really it's just a matter of what you think is best for your avatar.  I'd say Cavalier is the safest bet because high movement is always good and the stat spread is pretty even.

Pair up isn't a huge factor in how you want to build your character.  The bonuses can be a little nice, but unless you're really only barely managing to win battles against foes they're not a big deal like support bonuses can be in the GBA games.  And as long as you aren't relying on magic or magic classes, the pair up bonuses both the avatar and their spouse will give one another will generally complement one another anyway.