Pawns of Loki!

Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I think I understand this gamemode more but there are some things I don't get like move order (several times, I've seen the AI units act first -- especially common if the AI has ranged units -- before the player units do without needing Vantage and such). Could the same rules be applied, just that it affects everybody and everybody is treated as if in the same phase together?

I am still learning how order works... but this is what is on the notifications:

kBf8xfh.png

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my best run at 9,795 points using only dragons and beasts. Most of them are at low merges and aren't equipping full HP sets, if they were I think I'd be able to go upwards to the 9.9k rank (maybe 10k with some luck) but I'm not worried about that. 

I was making life hard for myself by not using the stand-by tiles because I totally forgot they existed, but after noticing them things became easier. The RNG to get the right setup can be a little frustrating but that's how these things go.

The cumulative score ladder is done. I wish it would refresh each round, but it seems that won't be the case. Bummer.

My highest score is 8,520. This mode is not very appealing to me. I think I would enjoy it more if there was no ranking and no grinding. I think I rather play Tap Battle than Pans of Loki.

I was stuck around 9,850 for a while, even after starting to use all those HP+ seals, but finally managed to improve my beast+dragon team's score to 9,965.

10k is tempting, but I don't feel like putting in that much effort until I reach a tier where it's actually necessary.

52 minutes ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Fun thing I learned Legendary Edelgard gets multiple attacks in this mode just like in other modes

Yeah, skills generally all function unless they relate to assists, as long as you're a high enough level to actually get the skill. There's a more detailed explanation in the help menu.

The leveling system is really neat, even though I'm not usually paying enough attention to unit details to fully follow it.

Does anyone have any idea what determines the order that units move in?

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on the entire time.

EDIT: It seems to be the Spd stat? It's hard to keep track of due to bonus stats, though.

And if so, how are tiebreakers handled? It appears it might be front to back, left to right for your own units, but I don't know if I've seen what happens if there's a tie across sides.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Does anyone have any idea what determines the order that units move in?

I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on the entire time.

EDIT: It seems to be the Spd stat? It's hard to keep track of due to bonus stats, though.

And if so, how are tiebreakers handled? It appears it might be front to back, left to right for your own units, but I don't know if I've seen what happens if there's a tie across sides.

The help menu explains it. The priority is:

1. Front row
  2. Level
  3. Speed
  4. Left
  5. Player units

19 hours ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

This game looks interesting and fun. I just have to understand it completely because my results aren't really great so far. I'm better at real chess.

Watching Pheonixmaster1's video on the subject helped me quite a bit. I still have not hit 10,000 in scoring, as I only got 9,580 so far, but it was a vast improvement from 8,520.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Watching Pheonixmaster1's video on the subject helped me quite a bit. I still have not hit 10,000 in scoring, as I only got 9,580 so far, but it was a vast improvement from 8,520.

That's a neat video. Got me to finally clean up my team a bit and hit 10,108.

Also got the last of the cumulative points rewards now.

Bleh. Missed out on some of the cumulative points awards due to falling asleep earlier in the afternoon. Oh well.

18 hours ago, Othin said:

The help menu explains it. The priority is:

1. Front row
  2. Level
  3. Speed
  4. Left
  5. Player units

Hm... I'm not quite sure that's accurate, even if it comes from the help menu. I'm pretty sure I've had units with lower level move before units of higher level. I guess I'll see how it goes next round.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Thanks, I watched it, and it was helpful!

I didn't know how the turn order was determined.

This was my main issue in scoring.

Only have reached 7500 yet which is good enough for my standards.

29 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Bleh. Missed out on some of the cumulative points awards due to falling asleep earlier in the afternoon. Oh well.

Hm... I'm not quite sure that's accurate, even if it comes from the help menu. I'm pretty sure I've had units with lower level move before units of higher level. I guess I'll see how it goes next round.

There's still another four days for the cumulative points rewards - they're Grand Conquests style, not Rokkr.

I think the only way for a lower level unit to move first is to be in the front row rather than the back row, I don't think I've seen any exceptions to that.

...The hell is wrong with IS? Round 2 is a complete shitshow full of optimal scoring teams with optimal skillsets that you're supposed to beat with ranged units that start at very low levels and with no CC because optimizing for HP gives better scores...ugh. 

Well then... Screw trying to rank, I say! I'm just going to throw the +10 L!Edelgard and B!Dimitri from my friend's list alongside my stronger units to just beat the map on easy and get the orb from clearing because no way in hell I'll be able to beat that stuff with unoptimal builds and the like. 

Hah...and it was so fun at the beginning...

Yeah this round is going to be rough. Having to deal with Caineghis when your guys have no Close Counter, and you have to use range units for bonus. Then there are other broken units like Edelgard and Dimitri. So much for this game mode being fun. 

Okay so... this mode went from perfectly alright, a fair bit grindy but then it happens to every game... now... if I gave my full opinion, I might get a number of warnings from mods for... language, so let's just say that it now sucks ass x100. 100 asses.

1 hour ago, Vicious Sal said:

Edel and Dimitri etc will phase out later in the day as other players change to ranged units. 

It’s not so bad now. I was using nothing but range units, and doing stuff like giving everyone HP+ but you can still use some melee. I’m going up to tier 6, and can probably score better. 

Legendary Edelgard, Legendary Dimitri and Hel on the same team... Yep, not fun.

I am basically using the same team I was using the previous round, which some ranged units added there. I am using only mages here, so I have a easier time getting the ranged units combo.

I got a pretty nice score already, at 10,263. Not trying to improve it.