Class/build advice for Felicia and Flora? (Conquest, Classic/Hard)

------

I keep going back and forth on how to build these two. I enjoy them both as characters and I really want to find the best classes and skills that play to their strengths, but I'm not quite sure which direction to go with them. I already have Elise set aside to be my dedicated healer, so if possible I'd rather not go that same route with Felicia and Flora. But on the other hand I'm a bit hesitant to drop the support role entirely and go full-on offensive mage since their stats are pretty middling (not to mention they've got Leo to compete with in that department). That said, would a "combat healer" role suit them both well? By picking up some skills from their other classes like Strong Riposte and Sol for Felicia or Vengeance and Lifetaker for Flora, I can keep them both in Maid or Strategist as frontline support units who can defend and heal themselves in a pinch. I'm also shipping Felicia with Corrin, so she'll have access to the Pegasus Knight line as well if she wants Darting Blow or Camaraderie, or if Falcon Knight's a good class for her to stay in.

There's still friendship seal classes to consider too, but I'm benching Peri and all the second gen characters so that basically limits Felicia to picking up the Dark Mage line from Flora. I have both dlc map packs though if there's anything worth grabbing from those classes.

Does this seem like a good plan for them? I'm open to any class or skill suggestions. Thanks!

Spoiler
4 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

I already have Elise set aside to be my dedicated healer,

The thing is, unless you make her a Maid, she´ll be both your dedicated healer as well as the Mage who makes enemies go away. Just as a side note.

For stats look here: https://zekareisoujin.github.io/FEFatesStatCalc/

I would imagine neither of them will perform particularly well as front liners with maybe the exception of magic damage. Though they should both be entirely competent units in their base classes - consider for example Floras high skill, which I believe ties into Staff Hitrates. Vengeance is rather mediocre and Lifetaker requires them to kill on PP and only restores 50% damage dealt and they may not deal a lot of damage.

Flora may make for a really weird, really expensive support unit - getting Rally Skill, Rally Res for the probably occasional use at best and Heartseeker + Inspiration on a Strategist to resolve potential accuracy/damage issues? Or add in Rally Move from Dark Flier and Warp for global Rallying? I don´t really see anythin else for her. I mean she has access to 3 breaker skills - Axe/Shuriken/Bow, but Axe/Bow users would probably 1HKO her and Shuriken Ninjas may be to accurate for her slow self - considering she only averages ~23SPD at 20/20 she´s also guaranteed to be doubled and her Def is low enough for that to become a problem. Oh yeah, since you said DLC there´s Witch and Dark Falcon I suppose but she remains relatively slow. Maybe Great Lord/Dread Fighter could work considering her STR/SKL growth, but she´ll never not be slow. Then again maybe Strong Riposte/Sol/Aggressor/Iron Will/Res+2 Dread Fighter for hard countering Mages, though she´ll probably be eclipsed by Kaze - she´ll have +5STR and -16SPD. Add in a SPD focused PU - maybe a captured enemy, such as Sword Masters (+5SPD/+3LCK), or a Falcon Knight for +3SPD/+1RES/+1MOV or just one player unit you don´t care about.

As for Felicia, basically the same for her as with Flora, except she has more MAG/SPD and less STR/SKL. So Witch and Dark Flier may be more interesting. Falcon Knight is essentially a flying Strategist, but you don´t have access to the Bolt Naginata (I think?) and your Weapon Rank will be low anyway. Though you would get Rally SPD . Maybe Inspiration/Demoiselle/Amaterasu from Kinshi could be interesting for a Strategist/Falcon Knight support but that´s also kind of late in the game/expensive.

That´s pretty much all I can think off.

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Flora may make for a really weird, really expensive support unit - getting Rally Skill, Rally Res for the probably occasional use at best and Heartseeker + Inspiration on a Strategist to resolve potential accuracy/damage issues? Or add in Rally Move from Dark Flier and Warp for global Rallying? I don´t really see anythin else for her. I mean she has access to 3 breaker skills - Axe/Shuriken/Bow, but Axe/Bow users would probably 1HKO her and Shuriken Ninjas may be to accurate for her slow self - considering she only averages ~23SPD at 20/20 she´s also guaranteed to be doubled and her Def is low enough for that to become a problem. Oh yeah, since you said DLC there´s Witch and Dark Falcon I suppose but she remains relatively slow. Maybe Great Lord/Dread Fighter could work considering her STR/SKL growth, but she´ll never not be slow. Then again maybe Strong Riposte/Sol/Aggressor/Iron Will/Res+2 Dread Fighter for hard countering Mages, though she´ll probably be eclipsed by Kaze - she´ll have +5STR and -16SPD. Add in a SPD focused PU - maybe a captured enemy, such as Sword Masters (+5SPD/+3LCK), or a Falcon Knight for +3SPD/+1RES/+1MOV or just one player unit you don´t care about.

Alright, so Flora's low speed basically disqualifies her for any real fighting role, and I should just go Strategist with the full support kit?

As for Felicia, basically the same for her as with Flora, except she has more MAG/SPD and less STR/SKL. So Witch and Dark Flier may be more interesting. Falcon Knight is essentially a flying Strategist, but you don´t have access to the Bolt Naginata (I think?) and your Weapon Rank will be low anyway. Though you would get Rally SPD . Maybe Inspiration/Demoiselle/Amaterasu from Kinshi could be interesting for a Strategist/Falcon Knight support but that´s also kind of late in the game/expensive.

Dark Flier sounds pretty tempting because she'll get Galeforce, but will she end up getting enough player phase kills for it to have any real effect? That said, Witch is pretty much the best offensive mage class, yes? So would it be worth it to pick up Galeforce and then have Witch be her final class, dropping the support role entirely and just killing stuff? With Flora's A+ I can get her into the Dark Mage line and pick up Malefic Aura to help her damage.

Hide contents
6 hours ago, RainbowMoon said:

I already have Elise set aside to be my dedicated healer,

The thing is, unless you make her a Maid, she´ll be both your dedicated healer as well as the Mage who makes enemies go away. Just as a side note.

Ah, thanks! Good to know she can do both if she needs to.

3 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Dark Flier sounds pretty tempting because she'll get Galeforce, but will she end up getting enough player phase kills for it to have any real effect? That said, Witch is pretty much the best offensive mage class, yes? So would it be worth it to pick up Galeforce and then have Witch be her final class, dropping the support role entirely and just killing stuff? With Flora's A+ I can get her into the Dark Mage line and pick up Malefic Aura to help her damage.

Note that Galeforce got nerfed in this game - it requires the user to not be supported when they kill an enemy.

On 11/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, RainbowMoon said:

Alright, so Flora's low speed basically disqualifies her for any real fighting role, and I should just go Strategist with the full support kit?

Ye, staffbot Flora probably best Flora (I admittedly don´t have much experience with her).

On 11/12/2020 at 11:21 PM, RainbowMoon said:

Yeah, I´ve been looking at some stats and with the exception of a bit of Mag you should just be able to give Felicia some Lvs. as Dark Flier in case you want to pick up skills without hampering her damage all too much. It´ll probably end up being a case of "convenient but not reliable", i would guess. Though it all depends on her Lv. right now. Not sure a dip into Dark Mage will be all too helpful, but a 2-4 Lv. reclass Witch > Sorceror > Witch also shouldn´t really affect her stats that much. If you just throw her into Witch she should perform just good enough.

5 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

Yeah, I´ve been looking at some stats and with the exception of a bit of Mag you should just be able to give Felicia some Lvs. as Dark Flier in case you want to pick up skills without hampering her damage all too much. It´ll probably end up being a case of "convenient but not reliable", i would guess. Though it all depends on her Lv. right now. Not sure a dip into Dark Mage will be all too helpful, but a 2-4 Lv. reclass Witch > Sorceror > Witch also shouldn´t really affect her stats that much. If you just throw her into Witch she should perform just good enough.

Okay, perfect! Looks like Felicia's gonna be cleaning up the battlefield with her spells then. I can drop the Dark Mage idea if it's not really worth it. Was just a thought since Malefic seems like a good skill for any mage, but I wouldn't want to hurt her stats just for one skill.

Thanks again for your help!

8 minutes ago, RainbowMoon said:

Okay, perfect! Looks like Felicia's gonna be cleaning up the battlefield with her spells then. I can drop the Dark Mage idea if it's not really worth it. Was just a thought since Malefic seems like a good skill for any mage, but I wouldn't want to hurt her stats just for one skill.

I mean "worth it", depends if you want to grind out the Felicia/Flora support and then do the whole relcassing as that costs some money - but a Witch Felicia with 2 Lv. of Dark Mage to pick up Heartseeker and Malefic Aura will have literally the same stats as a pure Witch Felicia but with a +2 Mag Damage and a -20 Avoid skill for other units to take advantage of too. The stat difference is all around something like -0.05 when compared.

11 minutes ago, Imuabicus said:

I mean "worth it", depends if you want to grind out the Felicia/Flora support and then do the whole relcassing as that costs some money - but a Witch Felicia with 2 Lv. of Dark Mage to pick up Heartseeker and Malefic Aura will have literally the same stats as a pure Witch Felicia but with a +2 Mag Damage and a -20 Avoid skill for other units to take advantage of too. The stat difference is all around something like -0.05 when compared.

Well, I wanted to get all their supports anyway so that's not a big deal. So if the stat difference isn't too bad then I guess it wouldn't hurt to grab Malefic and maybe Heartseeker.

I actually found Felicia's best class to be her default. Maid Felicia wrecks everything physical with the Flame Shuriken and her high resistance and Tomebreaker means she's even better than Kaze at dealing with any mages. Dipping into Strategist for Inspiration never hurts either.