New Heroes: Princess of Bern

Othin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did they just give us the four most requested Binding Blade characters? I feel like they just gave us the four most requested Binding Blade characters. I know I'm probably wrong, but it feels like that.

Anyway, Guinivere looks AWESOME. I definitely want to summon her. Melady is cool, too, she's a nice addition to the Binding Blade group.

Dieck looks good, but I kinda wish he was a sword unit? Kinda tired of sword dudes being given axes. I know there's an abundance of swords so I understand, but...eh. He still looks good, at least.

Merlinus. That is literally all I have to say about that.

Galle GHB, nice! He's cool.

Overall, an excellent Binding Blade banner. Elffin and Douglas are still my two most wanted Binding Blade characters, but this is a good selection of characters, with one looking like a powerhouse.

Hopefully Elffin and Douglas will be on the next Binding banner!

Oh man, IntSys is back to sneaky tactics by putting the two waifus on the same color.

I might skip this. I love Melady, and Guinevere is tempting too, but I'm super low on orbs and not in the position to spend money on the game right now.

Guinevere's tome is ridiculous, and I don't mean that in the good way. Honestly, all of these new weapons are ridiculous and it makes the characters who were the first to get their weapon refines really sad.

Wow, they seriously are going to give three straight Mythic banners to Heroes. And Binding Blade gets to stand on its own while Awakening had its banner overshadowed by a pointless OC.

IS really is on a row with their decisions lately between this, Resplendent Lucina, and making Pawns of Loki PvP.

Melady seems kinda meh. Instant Lance is nice for cavalry and armors for Impact effect. I think it is kind of stupid that they limited Impact skills to only infantry and fliers in the first place though. Wyvern Flight mirrors Pegasus Flight. I personally do not think the Flight skills are all that great since Desperation covers player phase and Quick Riposte covers enemy phase pretty well already. I guess it is fine for dual phasing.

Dieck seems pretty meh too, although I guess he can be a decent Galeforcer with Tiger-Roar Axe. Close Def is like a year and a half late, and the skill is extremely outclassed by Stances.

WE HAVE MERLINUS!!! That is so freaking awesome! He is available as a 4* Hero too AND he comes with Reposition AND Wings of Mercy! Hopefully Wings of Mercy is 4*, but it is fine if it is not since that means we get Distant Guard at 4*.

Guinivere is okay. Magic effectiveness is nice. As a player phase player, I am not a fan of the healing though, although I guess it is good if players want her to be a dual phase or enemy phase unit. She will be my guaranteed summon.

Edited by XRay

I plan on pulling for Dieck... that art is EVERYTHING! Haha 

Merlinus... well... I don't care for him, but more reposition is always nice. Also DG3!!

I wouldn't mind picking up a Guin on my way to Dieck.

Melady is whatever. I probably wouldn't use her much if I got her.

Excited to see Galle's art!

Skip banner for me; I'd rather get Duo Lyn merges.

I'd just hope for Guinivere (first unit with a magekiller weapon since Halloween Sakura back in 2017) or Dieck (premium fodder food) from my free tickets. Merlinus looking to be fodder heaven (rather than carrying weapons, he now carries skills, which fits his merchant class). And he's our first non-seasonal dagger cavalry unit.

And we're getting likely another free lance flier in Galle. Yawn.

Edited by Roflolxp54

As everything pointed out it is indeed a FE6 banner, and it seems to bring a couple of fan favorites with it. Personally I only care about Guinivere because I always found her interesting despite being only an NPC (playable in arena mode, I think. But who bothers with that stuff?). 

Anyways, let's see how each unit fares in terms of fodder. 

Melady is the "more fodder than unit" in the banner and it really shows, not to mention she's there to spook you if you try to get Guinivere. Her lance is the same as the inheritable ones on the Valentine's banner, with a Imapct-like effect built-in. Really good for AR-D, Wyvern Flight is the Def version of Pegasus Flight which obviously favors fliers with high Spd/Def like Seteth and maybe Valter/Cormag depending on build. The Solo 4 is standard stuff. 

Dieck goes into the Axe Infantry class, which is slowly getting pretty oversaturated just like Sword Infantry and Lance Flier are. His Prf is Slaying and guaranteed double as long as he initiates (or is close to an ally) and the foe is at full health. Thanks to NFU he won't be stopped by anything except other NFU users, most of which are swords so...Anyways, his fodder is good by virtue of NFU alone, Close Def is very situational and most of the time outclassed by something like Bracing Stance 3 but at least it's good filler, the Threaten 3 is just for scoring. How he fares as a unit will depend heavily on his stats, even more considering the very recent Ninja Hana upping the standards quite a bit for the class. 

Merlinus is a meme and Reposition fodder. Next.

And the star of the banner herself, if the thumbnail is to be believed, Guinivere. Blue mage...despite being infantry that alone puts her in competition against Reinhardt so it's an uphill battle for her but it seems she'll do fine. Her Prf is a mix of things...Kitty Paddle, a mix of Ovoid Staff and Mystic Boost and the classic +5 to strong stats if initiating or being close to an ally. The Kitty Paddle part is the one that stands out the most and it makes Guinivere a good Vantage user, although mages tend to have higher Res on average so the coverage of Aureola is kinda iffy. Her fodder potential is top notch as you can get one of the tier 4 skills and the Lull at the same time. 

Veredict: Favoritism for Melady/Dieck aside I don't think this banner is one of those "MUST PULL". As for myself, I'll wait until the end of the banner to see if I'll spark for Guinivere or not as she's the only unit I want but Melady spooks aren't something I want to face. 

GHB is Galle...another Lance flier. We'll see if he's of the Seteth kind or if he'll be just mediocre fodder when the datamine arrives.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I'd just hope for Guinivere (first unit with a magekiller weapon since Halloween Sakura back in 2017)

Yikes, that's right. Halloween Sakura's Kitty Paddle didn't get a refine because apparently it was too strong but Guinevere gets to have a stronger weapon with magic effectiveness and all these other effects tacked on it?

Heroes is so full of shit.

Edited by Sunwoo

Merlinus as a dagger cav demote is really nice, I was expecting him to be either a dagger cav or the demote but not both. Also glad to see Guinivere and Melady get in the game, and Dieck and Galle are nice bonuses too. Hopefully Galle gets a prf. Interesting that Dieck continues the pattern of mercs using axes, I bet Gregor will do the same thing. Wonder if normal Severa and Inigo would, as well.

This banner is interesting in that it's got all the premium units in just two colors, not many spark banners have done that. I might start by pulling just blue and green, at least until I get one of them.

Lack of Freyr or another mythic is disappointing. Looks like there's another three Book 4 OC mythic banners to expect sometime this coming year.

3 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

Not interested in FE6, so I'll just use all the tickets on blue.

Another issue is that again it's a colorshared banner, so bad for sparking, and the best colour for pitybreakers for me, red, is left out.

I wouldn't call it bad for sparking. If you pull every color, your odds are the same no matter what the colors are. But it does offer the option of taking a narrower focus for an increased 5* rate.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

WE HAVE MERLINUS!!! That is so freaking awesome! He is available as a 4* Hero too AND he comes with Reposition AND Wings of Mercy! Hopefully Wings of Mercy is 4*, but it is fine if it is not since that means we get Distant Guard at 4*.

Oh wow, yeah, either one as the 4* option would be huge... and would also conflict with my desire to stockpile copies of him to merge, since he's the first non-infantry, non-staff colorless unit in the regular summoning pool. That'll be quite a conflict.

...all I know about Merlinus is that he's a merchant and he has a convoy, so it's kinda disappointing that he's just on a horse and not in a big-ass horse-drawn carriage or something.
I ALSO know that he doesn't even fight in the first place, and I'm disappointed that the first normal summoning pool Colorless Dagger Cav has to be... this guy...

I mean... the others exist to I guess... but I never played past the first few chapters of Binding Blade, so I really don't have an opinion on anyone here...

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Othin said:

I wouldn't call it bad for sparking. If you pull every color, your odds are the same no matter what the colors are. But it does offer the option of taking a narrower focus for an increased 5* rate.

The chance is higher to pull a 5* before the spark, yeah, but it will take more orbs to get a guaranteed 5*.

And seriously blue offers the worst 5* pitybreakers for me, even if the 4* pool became better with Ilyana and Seteth.

No Wolt again huh... At least I have the summer one...

I'm lowkey kinda disappointed in Merlinus.  Merlinus in FE6/7 had a fairly unique function, but none of what made FE6/7 Merlinus what he was is really here.  He's just a unit.  Without his cart.  

Nothing too interesting here for me though I do entertain the idea of making a merchant team out of Anna, Jorge and Merlinus. Seeing Aureola being a magic effective weapon makes me wonder if Starlight will also be a tome that is strong against magic once they decide to add Gotoh (or maybe they will just give it to Nyna just cuz) to the game.

I wonder which game will start off Book 5. Echoes or Sacred Stones looks the most likely to me

2 minutes ago, Kasumi Yoshizawa said:

The chance is higher to pull a 5* before the spark, yeah, but it will take more orbs to get a guaranteed 5*.

And seriously blue offers the worst 5* pitybreakers for me, even if the 4* pool became better with Ilyana and Seteth.

You can always spark with 135 orbs by doing full pulls, which makes color completely irrelevant. If you do that, it works exactly the same as any other standard New Heroes banner, where your 5* focus rate is exactly 3% (or whatever the pity rate increases it to) and evenly divided among all the units. Using more orbs for more selectivity is an optional alternative, and it's one that works better on banners like this one.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yikes, that's right. Halloween Sakura's Kitty Paddle didn't get a refine because apparently it was too strong but Guinevere gets to have a stronger weapon with magic effectiveness and all these other effects tacked on it?

Heroes is so full of shit.

Kitty Paddle is still better for player phase and it targets Def rather than Res, and most mages lack Def.

Aureola also is not as strong as you make it out to be. Forced healing ruins Desperation and Wings of Mercy, making her unsuitable for regular player phase team composition and tactics; and if you are going player phase, you might as well run Blade tomes for higher damage output. For enemy phase, it is alright, but it is nowhere as powerful as Fimbulvetr or Blood Tome. It has potential as a dual phase Weapon, but Guinivere seems like she is going to be shredded by any physical unit.

34 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Guinevere's tome is ridiculous, and I don't mean that in the good way. Honestly, all of these new weapons are ridiculous and it makes the characters who were the first to get their weapon refines really sad.

It really isn't. Effective against mages isn't even that impressive considering most mages are not known for being too durable to take out due to having low def. She'll still likely struggle to take out someone like Micaiah or L!Julia unless she's fast.