What FE game is the most chill for you?

null

Hopefully this question makes sense.

Depending on what you play FE for, it can be an intense, strategic experience that keeps you on the edge of your seat, or something you sit and just chill to while playing it. Especially since FE has various levels of difficulty for most games, the experience can be customized to something more or less demanding of the player.

All this is to say, what game in the series is the most chill for you, or something that lets you relax while playing it?

For me, Path of Radiance really fits that description. It's lower difficulty makes it something that I don't have to give too much attention to while still being challenged enough to think about what I'm doing.

I always felt that Binding Blade was quite the reprieve, especially after the very grim Jugdral Saga. Less of a tragedy with a happy ending like the latter, and more feeling like a grand adventure.

Edited by Wraith

Echoes for me. The difficulty isn’t too steep and the maps aren’t necessarily thoughtless but since I’m pretty familiar with them by now they are straightforward and require not a ton of thinking. Plus with the villages, the dungeons, the music and the voice acting, I can just take my time and chill while playing it- and unlike 3H I’m not obligated to go through villages and optimise in them for hours on end.

Berwick Saga

Plenty of room for creativity in accomplishing objectives without worrying too much about numbers. It helps that there is no dedicated enemy phase, so there is no long downtime. You can even manually decide to play battle animations before every encounter, rather then needing to hold a button or whatever.

Though things can most certainly be stressful if you worry too much about recruitment requirements and promotion requirements. You know, trying to squeeze as much as possible out of the limited resources. It's best to just accept that you won't recruit everyone, I'd say.

Edited by BrightBow

FE8 is a really chill game for me. It's easy, the story is enjoyable and it has a lot of replayability. There's usually something new to try on the next playthrough, and it's not a huge timesink unlike some other games with equivalent replayability.

FE8 for the difficulty, easy but not to the point of PoR, and also have grind spot. But for enjoyment its SoV because of its presentation fits my taste so i enjoy everytime they advance the story

8 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

I thought that FE8 is widely regarded to be the easiest game in the series?

maybe? but i grind a bit in FE8, while in PoR not 🤔.

FE8 has a couple maps that are actually difficult - the one where you have to prevent the spider to lunch on the civilians, Phantom Ship, Father and Son, the defense map vs. Riev, the desert map to some extent. FE9... eh. Titania stomps the earlygame, and once you have access to BEXP, anyone can stomp the rest.

--

Other than PoR, FE7 HNM randomized (recruitment and classes, I don't really like the stats and item randomization) is quite chill and fun to play, too.

awakening is the ultimate chill FE experience. it CAN be very challenging, of course, but you can also make it piss easy and just enjoy the funny characters and broken mechanics and fundamentally weird as fuck storyline. lots of fun.

Echoes, I frequently would just hop in and do a few dungeon battles/ a bit of the main story, (Since the main story maps are kinda short, while in my experience most FE games main story maps past the half-way point frequently took me an hour or so.) as generally the game isn't super-difficult. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 11:55 AM, Axie said:

awakening is the ultimate chill FE experience. it CAN be very challenging, of course, but you can also make it piss easy and just enjoy the funny characters and broken mechanics and fundamentally weird as fuck storyline. lots of fun.

I would give Awakening the win, if only for having the chillest grinding map theme.