If you could add a villain to Smash as a fighter, who would it be and why?

Lord_Brand

11 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Popular enough they got fanart, not to mention got added to Star Allies as playable characters.

Star Allies is pretty much a "best of Kirby", so of course most of the popular assistants and villains were added.

Only because they made it in this game doesn't automatically means they are popular enough to get a character slot in Smash.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:12 AM, vanguard333 said:

I would say Edelgard, but Byleth stole her axe, so I guess Black Knight even though I see him as more of a boss or an assist trophy than a fighter. 

Edelgard is in the Garrec Mach Monastery stage as a cameo in the Dining Hall as well. It might be hard to put Edelgard somewhere at the roster when she's in a stage cameo for the next installment as well (if the Garrec Mach Stage does comes back or not similar to like the Pyrosphere stage didn't returned in Ultimate due to Ridley being a newcomer) and plus, we kinda did have 8 total of Fire Emblem reps in the roster that we should save it for the future Fire Emblem protagonists to join in the next installment of Super Smash Bros. series after Ultimate.

As for the Mage Sisters, I do agree that they can swap out like Pyra and Mythra did.

Edited by King Marth 64

In defense of Daroach, he's also in Kirby Mass Attack as both an ally of sorts and an enemy, so 3 games under his belt as a prominent figure is pretty good and is also one of the only characters (if not straight up the only one) with dialogue in what are typically games devoid of it so he stands out among the rest of the Kirby cast in that way. Definitely one of the more popular Kirby characters too. I think he's "smash worthy" for sure.

Anyway, as for the one I'd like to see the most, I'm not sure. Probably Eggman, because Sonic only having Sonic is travesty. Metal Sonic would be great, but I feel like he'd end up being just a clone/echo (although I definitely wouldn't mind that if it meant he got in) Fang/Nack would be my most wanted villain, but realistically, I would sooner expect Smash to break it's "no non-gaming media" rule and add Goku and Shrek before someone like Fang got in.

Kefka or Ultros would be amazing also. Probably not my first choice for FFVI representation but I'll take anything, especially if at least gives something other than VII some recognition and both would be some of the most unique characters in Smash.

9 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

Edelgard is in the Garrec Mach Monastery stage as a cameo in the Dining Hall as well. It might be hard to put Edelgard somewhere at the roster when she's in a stage cameo for the next installment as well (if the Garrec Mach Stage does comes back or not similar to like the Pyrosphere stage didn't returned in Ultimate due to Ridley being a newcomer) 

They could just pull a Toon Link/Spirit Train and have Hubert be there instead whenever Edelgard's on stage as a fighter.

12 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

In defense of Daroach, he's also in Kirby Mass Attack as both an ally of sorts and an enemy, so 3 games under his belt as a prominent figure is pretty good and is also one of the only characters (if not straight up the only one) with dialogue in what are typically games devoid of it so he stands out among the rest of the Kirby cast in that way. Definitely one of the more popular Kirby characters too. I think he's "smash worthy" for sure.

Anyway, as for the one I'd like to see the most, I'm not sure. Probably Eggman, because Sonic only having Sonic is travesty. Metal Sonic would be great, but I feel like he'd end up being just a clone/echo (although I definitely wouldn't mind that if it meant he got in) Fang/Nack would be my most wanted villain, but realistically, I would sooner expect Smash to break it's "no non-gaming media" rule and add Goku and Shrek before someone like Fang got in.

Kefka or Ultros would be amazing also. Probably not my first choice for FFVI representation but I'll take anything, especially if at least gives something other than VII some recognition and both would be some of the most unique characters in Smash.

I recall wanting Daroach in since Brawl. Until Return to Dreamland, he was arguably the fourth most relevant character in the whole series, being the face of what was then "Modern" Kirby. I'm really surprised they haven't added any Kirby characters in Smash 4 or U.

I'm all for Sonic getting more fighters, villains included. Metal Sonic would be an even better choice for an echo than Shadow, but they both have developed some distinct abilities of their own so they don't have to be Sonic Echos per se. But I'd be cool with Metal Sonic being the Dark Samus to Sonic's Samus. For SSB6, I was thinking they could announce Metal Sonic and Amy Rose in the same video; first Metal kidnaps Amy like in Sonic CD, prompting Sonic to rush to her rescue, then while Sonic and his metallic double tussle, Amy gets free thanks to - I dunno, maybe Cream and Big? - and helps Sonic fight Metal by whacking the latter upside the head with her Piko Piko Hammer. Cream and Big could also be announced as part of Team Rose, together with Amy.

In most cases, I'd want a particular FF villain's heroic counterpart to get in first, but yeah, Kefka could work well as this clownish mage who goes all "God mode" for his Final Smash. Would his D Special involve poisoning opponents in some way? Could even just be the Bio spell. One of his taunts would have to be his signature laugh.

Ultros as a playable character could be...interesting, to say the least. I'd just as soon see him get in as a boss, myself. As a nod to his lecherous tendencies, he could appear as a boss for female characters like Terra and Tifa, not to mention Peach, Zelda, Zero Suit Samus, etc. But hey, if you got a moveset idea for Ultros, I'd be interested to see it in the moveset topic!

Me personally, Garland is the FF villain I most want next. It doesn't feel right not to have content from the very first Final Fantasy on NES in Smash. And Garland has some awesome moveset potential thanks to the Dissidia series giving him a transforming sword and magic based on the Four Fiends. His Final Smash would involve transforming into Chaos, of course. His crouch would have to be a reference to his sprites. And need I even mention "I, Garland, will knock you all down!" as a taunt?

Of course, left up to me, most of the Final Fantasy games would be repped by at least one hero and villain apiece. Final Fantasy is, like Mega Man and Sonic, one of those series that's expansive and significant enough that I think they deserve more presence in Smash. FF is the definitive classic JRPG series for most of the world, after all.

ripper roo crash series If were talking about a fighter that's a villain from the crash gaes I bet many are picking neo cortex but ditch that I would go with ripper roo what he seems the same as me as i'm crazy and stuff but yeah I would go with him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...