Dragon form interpretations of Saint Cichol and Cethleann

Silvs

I remembered I had these sketches lying around and decided I'd redraw them, who knows maybe someone would get a kick out of them so why not post them!
Please forgive me for any formatting errors as it is my first time posting here.

Now I'll go on and explain my thought process behind designing these two! I'll start with Cethleann, since we haven't really seen a "light dragon" throughout the series I based her main appearance off of some divine dragons we see in other games as well as The Wind Caller and The Immaculate one (due to them being related), as for the whole idea of her teeth being flat was mostly due to the whole "Flayn likes fish" thing, plus it makes her look less menacing compared to most dragons which personally fits for me.cethleann.thumb.png.f52d533c5190c07d0574b2d9ff53eb80.png

As for Cichol, he takes most of his inspiration from the earth dragons from the earlier games which explains his lack of wings and tough looking scales. I still wanted to keep the whole design motif of the Immaculate one in his design because it just felt right to me.
cichol.thumb.jpg.25ef08fede36f564934c57a4390dc92d.jpg
The first two sketches were from March of this year but the revamped sketches can be seen in this image here which was drawn today!1288077995_Dragonpals.png.4c37b89eb62bd4b8b2cdacca0ecdcc5a.png

I really like these both. Flayn and Seteth were some of my favorite characters in 3H and these definitely do them justice. Just a few things I would note, I like the aesthetic of Flayn's flat teeth, but when it comes to theropods, which share a lot of similarities with fantasy dragons, flat teeth are not really seen, and are more of a herbivor thing, whereas fish eating theropods had much more crocodilian like jaws. 

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

Don't really see much sense in basing Seteth off an Earth Dragon when he pointedly has some affinity with the air with the whole riding a wyvern and having a proficiency in flying.

The last time I viewed the wiki he was classified as an earth dragon but I could be wrong and that may have changed My bad. ^^;

1 hour ago, Sir Gerwald of Vallora said:

I really like these both. Flayn and Seteth were some of my favorite characters in 3H and these definitely do them justice. Just a few things I would note, I like the aesthetic of Flayn's flat teeth, but when it comes to theropods, which share a lot of similarities with fantasy dragons, flat teeth are not really seen, and are more of a herbivor thing, whereas fish eating theropods had much more crocodilian like jaws. 

Thank you so much! And thank you for the design pointer, I kind of forgot about that fact but hey at least its unique haha!

28 minutes ago, Silvs said:

The last time I viewed the wiki he was classified as an earth dragon but I could be wrong and that may have changed My bad. ^^;

Well maybe, there's a lot of books and stuff in Three Houses so I wouldn't say there's no chance, but the dragons in Three Houses don't seem to follow classical manakete divisions at all.

Acording to the Dragon Signs you can purchase in NG+, Cichol is the Earth Dragon (Medeus and Loptous?), and Cethleann is the Light Dragon. Serios is the Sky (Divine?) Dragon. So what would a Light Dragon be?

Their sibling/uncles are Macuil - Wind Dragon (Wyvern?) - and Indech - Water Dragon. So clearly, the Children of the Goddess are a very varied group, what with three of them being a Turtle, Griffon-Dragon mix, and traditional European Dragon.

So more or less, we have absolutely no idea what Cichol's and Cethleann's dragon forms where like. I'd guess Cichol would've looked similar to the Earth Dragons of Archenea, but that's just an educated guess. Aaand that's my 2 cents on this topic. Back to calculations for me.

Isn't there at least some suggestion as to what Cethleann looks like in a picture in Seteth's office?

I know there's been discussion around that and while the picture looks a fair bit different than what you went with, I do like the integration of the divine dragon design of MotE and a a stance that seems to suggest a more agile dragon.

2 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Acording to the Dragon Signs you can purchase in NG+, Cichol is the Earth Dragon (Medeus and Loptous?), and Cethleann is the Light Dragon. Serios is the Sky (Divine?) Dragon. So what would a Light Dragon be?

Their sibling/uncles are Macuil - Wind Dragon (Wyvern?) - and Indech - Water Dragon. So clearly, the Children of the Goddess are a very varied group, what with three of them being a Turtle, Griffon-Dragon mix, and traditional European Dragon.

So more or less, we have absolutely no idea what Cichol's and Cethleann's dragon forms where like. I'd guess Cichol would've looked similar to the Earth Dragons of Archenea, but that's just an educated guess. Aaand that's my 2 cents on this topic. Back to calculations for me.

Ah, well I stand corrected then.

11 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Honestly a pretty neat guess if I do say so!

10 hours ago, Dayni said:

Isn't there at least some suggestion as to what Cethleann looks like in a picture in Seteth's office?

I know there's been discussion around that and while the picture looks a fair bit different than what you went with, I do like the integration of the divine dragon design of MotE and a a stance that seems to suggest a more agile dragon.

Oooh, I've actually never seen this post but this is really neat! Thank you though ^^ perhaps I should look more into the hints we do have and put something together sometime.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ooh, these look great!
Well done! I can picture

Reveal hidden contents

Seteth and Flayn

actually transforming into these!

Thank you so much! 🙂

2 hours ago, Solvaij said:

Really cool drawings! I think your Earth Dragon Seteth is especially neat, it's a really cool take on what he might look like. Are you going to color them?

I may actually get around to that today! Thank you for both the compliment and the cool idea!