Olwen and Eyrios/Ilios question

Overrated Sage

Hey everyone, I've started my first run of Thracia 776 and I was wondering something about these two characters. I heard they are mutually exclusive, and I'm still dithering over which one I want to use (by which I mean I think I want to use Ilios but my FE instincts are Very Upset about killing off Olwen to get him). However, I just got to chapter 13 and noticed it's an escape map, meaning units that I leave behind get captured to be rescued in some map further along. If I let that happen to Olwen, would that fulfill the prerequisite to recruit Ilios later? I figure this is probably a loophole that would have been found long ago already if it existed, but I thought I'd double check here before I bail on Olwen and just end up losing out on both.

44 minutes ago, Overrated Sage said:

If I let that happen to Olwen, would that fulfill the prerequisite to recruit Ilios later? I figure this is probably a loophole that would have been found long ago already if it existed, but I thought I'd double check here before I bail on Olwen and just end up losing out on both.

Nope, Olwen has to either die or be unrecruited to recruit Ilios, simply being captured/left behind isn't sufficient.