I texted my mom to ask how long you microwave turkeys

Dragoncat

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Your mom knows you really well. That’s a great thing. Enjoy your possible thanksgiving together!

Thank you for the sweet comment! Yeah it's just gonna be me, my parents, brother, and maybe grandma and grandpa this year, but I can't wait.

12 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Thank you for the sweet comment! Yeah it's just gonna be me, my parents, brother, and maybe grandma and grandpa this year, but I can't wait.

You’re welcome.

Such are the luxuries of a big family huh? I think it’s literally just gonna be everyone who lives in the house, and maybe my stepbrother hahah. I’m grateful for those people though, so it’s okay. Happy Thanksgiving!

For me, it's just myself, my parents, and my little brother. We've pretty much disowned the rest of the family at this point. But, oh well. I'll not bring you guys down with it.

Have a blast, the lot you. Hope you enjoy yourselves!

My granddad had a microwave that could cook meat and that is how he cooked most of his meals.  Anyway I will be with my wonderful mom and my very annoying dad, as well as four dogs, one small black cat and one old gray horse.  I will be cooking the turkey and everything this year since my mom doesn't want to do it anymore.  The dogs and cat will get some turkey and the horse will get carrots.

Theres an old story in my family

I believe it was my great great aunt or great grandma, I'd have to ask my parents who it was again

anyways she microwaved the turkey she served at her home when she hosted Thanksgiving one year

My thanksgiving was pretty low-key due to the pandemic. Still, I was able to briefly see my grandparents in person, so that was nice!

Also, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to you guys having Thanksgiving a month and a half after Canada...

1 hour ago, Benice said:

My thanksgiving was pretty low-key due to the pandemic. Still, I was able to briefly see my grandparents in person, so that was nice!

Also, I'm not sure I'll ever get used to you guys having Thanksgiving a month and a half after Canada...

Oh, Canada has Thanksgiving, too? I had always just assumed it was an American thing...

Quick Google search latter, and it appears to be celebrated mostly in the New World, but also in England, Germany, the Philippines, and Japan. The more you know!

1 minute ago, L3xandr3 said:

Oh, Canada has Thanksgiving, too? I had always just assumed it was an American thing...

Ah, it's not much of an event here. Just a quiet day off to spend time with loved ones!

1 hour ago, L3xandr3 said:

but also in England,

Whatever 'article' you read is full of fake news, as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, just Easter and Christmas.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

8 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Whatever 'article' you read is full of fake news, as we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here, just Easter and Christmas.

"Quick Google search"

Blame Google. Not me.

1 minute ago, L3xandr3 said:

"Quick Google search"

Blame Google. Not me.

You posted it without verifiying it, so I think you're due a portion of the blame. Also, passing the buck like that is something a scumbag like Trump would do. Just admit you screwed up and we'll move on from this.

22 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

You posted it without verifiying it, so I think you're due a portion of the blame. Also, passing the buck like that is something a scumbag like Trump would do. Just admit you screwed up and we'll move on from this.

Really now? You're getting this serious about a single thing that is incorrect? Did this affect the outcome of your life? Did it kill your best friend's cat? Chill.

47 minutes ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Hey, that’s no reason to compare anyone to a “scum bag”. It’s a harmless piece of information, and he made it very clear it wasn’t well researched. That is pretty disrespectful.

Microwaving a turkey? You either have a really small turkey or a really big microwave.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I love how my thread has an argument in it now.

It will be cool if Serenes Forest implement forum achievements for fun. Gaia Online have achievements that track how many people quote you, how many posts you have posted, how many replies your topics have, etc.

On 11/22/2020 at 4:07 AM, L3xandr3 said:

Quick Google search latter, and it appears to be celebrated mostly in the New World, but also in England, Germany, the Philippines, and Japan. The more you know!

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving (my family who migrated to San Diego might, but that's a whole other story) here in PH, but malls here have Thanksgiving sales during the leadup to the weekend. Strange 'aint it?

Edited by Karimlan