Manakete Original Character!

Silvs

Since some people enjoyed my last little post I made I figured I'd post some more stuff I have :)! I'm not exactly sure if sharing strictly original character content here is allowed (and if it isn't I'll delete the thread) but I wanted to share my little lass Iko just for fun! If this does nicely I may post more things relating to my original FE story, I'd also love feedback and ideas!

Her story takes place during the events of Binding Blade
Iko is a young half-manakete who fled theĀ Nabata Desert in fear of the increasing threats from Bern. She escapes to different country where my story takes place but its still in progress so I don't have much story aside from that.

Now time for her design origins and powers!
Even though these kind of dragons don't exist in canon I thought it'd be interesting for her to be powered by the moon or have some sort of affiliation with it, it also explains why she has a similar appearance to a bat. Shes half-manakete so she ages normally (shes probably around 14-15)
590872247_IkoRef.thumb.png.cb39be904a049830e570e411c2f68d18.png1371033546_Ikocipher.thumb.png.0e264482661a872bd2e07f82f52923cb.png
Here are some of my favorite drawings I've done of her (Yes that is my icon on the right :)!)
I honestly just really wanted to share her because she is one of my favorite characters I own and I hope you all enjoy ^^

1 minute ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

Love this what will the story be called and where will it be posted

Thank you! I'm actually unsure on a name at the current moment and I'm not sure what medium I'd use to tell the story (unsure if I want to write it as a story with chapters or some sort of web comic ect.) but I could most likely post under the literature section here on the forums if I really wanted too ^^

12 minutes ago, PeonyofLeosa Dreamworld said:

I'd love to give this a read if you do post it on here. Do you have any other characters for this story.

I do! I want to make another post showing all of my characters thus far and the plot synopsis sometime in the future :)! (For now most of my characters are just written down in a little notepad of mine)

Looks like a Wyvern to me, chief.

That aside, good work so far! You draw pretty well, I must say. I can draw too, but, uh... nowhere near as well. I'm stuck in the 2D shadow zone, I guess. I will be keeping tabs on this little thread of yours.

33 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

Fae's dragon form has two legs.

Huh, interesting. Looking back, I alsoĀ remember wyverns in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn having four legs, so never mind then.

I would like Fire Emblem to be a bit more consistent about this.Ā 

14 hours ago, L3xandr3 said:

Looks like a Wyvern to me, chief.

That aside, good work so far! You draw pretty well, I must say. I can draw too, but, uh... nowhere near as well. I'm stuck in the 2D shadow zone, I guess. I will be keeping tabs on this little thread of yours.

True true, not all dragons are the exact same so I just wanted to with something pretty cute and simple, also I was taking inspiration from Fae as well but I think that much is obvious.

Thank you though! I've been drawing for a while and have finally gotten to place where I can actually genuinely enjoy my art so support means a lot to me! I believe in you to develop your style, remember that art is for fun and you don't have to please anyone as long as you enjoy it yourself ^^

2 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Two-legged dragons are wyverns. I'd suggest either making her four-legged or a wyvern. I do like the artwork though.

That's true! I may just end up giving her little legs somewhere down the line but since these designs are early I'm unsure as to what I'll change at the current moment but I can say that her brother does indeed have little arms. Perhaps its just a weird age thing like how Tiki's dragon form changed but honestly I'm not opposed to giving Iko little arms to match her brother. 503800749_ikoandbro.thumb.png.61f64d12b82b1575697b76674bd69fcb.png(Iko on the left and her unnamed brother on the right) Also thank youĀ :)!

18 hours ago, Silvs said:

1371033546_Ikocipher.thumb.png.0e264482661a872bd2e07f82f52923cb.png

Daaaaaaaaaanng. This one in particular is fantastic.

However, one thing that I noticed was that she looks a bit cross-eyed. I was wondering if this was intentional?

8 minutes ago, Benice said:

Daaaaaaaaaanng. This one in particular is fantastic.

However, one thing that I noticed was that she looks a bit cross-eyed. I was wondering if this was intentional?

Ahh! Thank you so much, I really tried to go with a cipher inspired style with that piece, I'm really glad you enjoy it!

Also nope, it wasn't intentional ^^; Its a bad habit with my art style and I've been trying to break it.

7 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

Huh, interesting. Looking back, I alsoĀ remember wyverns in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn having four legs, so never mind then.

I would like Fire Emblem to be a bit more consistent about this.Ā 

I don't mind consistency or inconsistency with wyvern designs, but I appreciate the dragons / manakete designs having more variety.

Anyway, the drawing is nice. It reminds me a bit of that How to Train Your Dragon movie.

14 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I don't mind consistency or inconsistency with wyvern designs, but I appreciate the dragons / manakete designs having more variety.

Anyway, the drawing is nice. It reminds me a bit of that How to Train Your Dragon movie.

I absolutely love variety in the wyverns and manaketes (I think my favorite wyvern designs would have to be the wyverns from Bern because they vary so much but they all look so good)

Thank you! ALSO the funniest part about that is my friend group has said the same thing, they've compared my main character and Iko to Toothless and Hiccup and I see the similarities haha!

3 hours ago, Silvs said:

I've been drawing for a while and have finally gotten to place where I can actually genuinely enjoy my art so support means a lot to me! I believe in you to develop your style, remember that art is for fun and you don't have to please anyone as long as you enjoy it yourself ^^

I do enjoying drawing, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to it. So I'll just keep trying till I get it right.