Book V Speculation and Discussion Thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Not really sure how they'd incorporate a giant wolf and a giant snake into this game.

Oh, they could just be Beast and Dragon units

Doesn't have to be literal. "Fenrir" in Heroes is a basic dark magic spell, and Thorr in Heroes is very different from the traditional depictions of Thor.

In FE4/5, Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Hel were the three main dark magic spells, although while Fenrir continued to show up in that role in later games, the other two did not and we've already gotten Hel as an actual character in Heroes.

1 minute ago, OutcastsofRelix said:

Also Veronica x Alfonse anyone?

Fine by me. I feel like I've come to like the idea more with each book. :)

As for Book 5, I'm curious as to the somewhat implied steampunk style that the trailer might have implied. Guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

As for Book 5, I'm curious as to the somewhat implied steampunk style that the trailer might have implied. Guess we'll see.

Finally! Codename S.T.E.A.M. is coming in! The Fox is going to be the deadliest Bow Infantry around. And mayyyybe they'll be able to squeeze in Advance Wars. Max & Andy Duo unit that's a tank? Eagle & Sami bomber?😛

I'd like Bruno to EXIST at this rate, it's like the story stopped caring that he existed. When are we getting him as a playable unit, if ever? He can even be the new book freebie.

20 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm speculating that Book V will be the first book with predominantly male OCs and that the main free one we get will be male.

In video games, and fantasy overall, dwarves do tend to be male, and old, and small. But...

Screen-Shot-2020-11-27-at-10-19-39-PM.pn

This is a dwarf, as defined in one Japanese video game. Be wary, or optimistic, whichever you prefer, for more of this.

Not saying it will happen, only that it possibly can.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Okay, so I talked about the book 4 ending stuff in the book 4 thread; won't talk about it here. Here, it's time to focus on book 5!

So, yeah, people have pointed out good things, here. I didn't notice the steampunk stuff, but that'd be cool. Also, it would make total sense with the idea of dwarves as craftsmen. It makes sense that their technology would be more advanced than that of the other FE worlds. And, perhaps, they're the ones who created the summon gun. That'd be fun. Like others, I also hope that the voice at the end was that of the next freebie character: the first male one! However, it's just as likely to be the main antagonist. I won't get my hopes up on the characters being predominantly male, either, though. FEH likes making as many characters female as possible, and even when they make male characters, they don't normally delve too deeply into them (unless they're Alfonse.)

Now, what I don't like is that it seems like they're beginning to shift the focus of Alfador from "antagonist but not a bad guy" to "no, actually, he and all those with him are bad (except maybe for Thorr) oh and Loki's kind of actually on your side because she likes sowing chaos and that means rebelling against her boss so you should like her." Come on, IS... It could have been neat. Well, nothing's set in stone yet, so we'll see how this plays out.

Anyway, I find it interesting how the quote at the end was "Nidvadellir is at hand" as though it's not a world so much as an event. It's probably a world, though.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In video games, and fantasy overall, dwarves do tend to be male, and old, and small. But...

This is a dwarf, as defined in one Japanese video game. Be wary, or optimistic, whichever you prefer, for more of this.

Not saying it will happen, only that it possibly can.

Eh, no, she's not a dwarf. The game series she comes from does have non-conventional dwarves in terms of appearance, but she ain't one of them.

This is a RF Dwarf:

170?cb=20120703180625

Actually, I don't think RF has had a female dwarf appear yet.

---

Anyway, if I were to have anything to contribute on this, is that with the use of Niðavellir, it may not come alone. If I recall correctly, all Books sans III have used two realms. Askr and Embla, Nifl and Muspell, Alf and Svartalf. So, chances are Niðavellir might be one of a pair as well. And if we keep the duality, then my money's on Jötunheimr, because dwarves and giants.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Eh, no, she's not a dwarf. The game series she comes from does have non-conventional dwarves in terms of appearance, but she ain't one of them.

This is a RF Dwarf:

Disagree. Gaius and Zaid have very similar slightly more pointed ears and we know they're dwarves. Raven is definitely one. 

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Disagree. Gaius and Zaid have very similar slightly more pointed ears and we know they're dwarves. Raven is definitely one. 

Nope. She is half-human, half-monster. A phoenix, to be exact. 

That's like saying Kuruna is also a dwarf because she too has pointed ears. Sure, the unicorn horn makes it obvious she ain't a dwarf, but still...

Anyway, you are right however in that they can totally go with non-conventional designs. I mean, we just had elves who were depicted more like fairies instead. Although in some myths they are one and the same, but still...

42 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nope. She is half-human, half-monster. A phoenix, to be exact. 

And where is explicitly said she's human? I need an explicit line to accept this.

Kuruna doesn't count because she has a horn, the demihuman is already on display in a different way. Micah does not show a single lick of not being purely human in humanoid form, despite being half-wooly. Thus, if Raven is an identical case to Micah, I assume her ears to be the mark of a dwarf, not her monster side, and besides the supposed ears, she has no other traits to indicate being a human-monster hybrid, just like Micah.

But this is totally off-topic, so I'm dropping this. Let's not continue it in here at least.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

So, yeah, people have pointed out good things, here. I didn't notice the steampunk stuff, but that'd be cool. Also, it would make total sense with the idea of dwarves as craftsmen. It makes sense that their technology would be more advanced than that of the other FE worlds. And, perhaps, they're the ones who created the summon gun. That'd be fun.

Why stop there. Maybe they're responsible for the creation of many legendary weapons across the Heroes-verse.

The Dwarves being behind the weapons is definitely possible. That one shot of the peg leg(?) looked similar to the designs of the main trio's Legendary Weapons, so they could definitely be related. 

20 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

One thing for sure is that Book V takes place in Nidavellir, Realm of the Dwarves. That leaves us with Asgard, Vanaheim, Jotunheim and Midgard, except World of Zenith is Midgard. Also Jormungandr when. Hope he wouldn't get shafted like his older brother.

I feel if they want to use Fenrir, they wouldn't let the spellbook block them. We've had other overlap in names in the series before and they've even poked fun at it with some of the gag comics. They'd probably just ignore the spell if they decide to use the character, especially since Fenrir is just a generic spell.

As for Jormungandr, I feel he'll either pop up for a Ragnarok arc (and Jotunheim) or we see him with a proper return to Zenith.

Edited by Medeus

25 minutes ago, Medeus said:

As for Jormungandr, I feel he'll either pop up for a Ragnarok arc (and Jotunheim) or we see him with a proper return to Zenith.

He'll probably be a she, actually. Snake lady. Probably with green hair or something because IS has a thing for green-haired female serpents (looking at Tiki, Naga, Mila, and Sothis.)

(Also, please note that "serpent" can mean either "snake" or "dragon," which is why I used it here.)

I am just wondering how many more books this game is going to have. There’s nine worlds, we’re on the fifth one, but each world seems to have its own book. We seem to get their one world per year, which means that in order for this game to go to all of the worlds, it would have to last nine years. It’s already lasted a long time for a mobile game, or at least for the ones I’m aware of, and I’m not sure how much longer it can go realistically. I was hoping that this book would wrap things up, but now I’m not sure that’s the case. I just don’t want the game to end with its story incomplete, like so many other mobile games I’ve seen. I’m also starting to get ending fatigue, or lack there of because as much as I like the story of the characters, with how much there is and how slow the story is going, it feels like it’s gone on a bit too long. It may not be any longer than a standard fire emblem, but the episodic story certainly makes it seem longer. Maybe it would be better if we had a clearly defined endpoint or goal, but we don’t.

on the upside, I like how they’re tying the stories together with Lif and Thrasir. It makes me think we might see some other older characters too, like Bruno, but at least these two got mentioned. I hope they survive the final conflict, whatever it is, because those two definitely deserve it.

33 minutes ago, wheelsonfire said:

I am just wondering how many more books this game is going to have. There’s nine worlds, we’re on the fifth one, but each world seems to have its own book. We seem to get their one world per year, which means that in order for this game to go to all of the worlds, it would have to last nine years. It’s already lasted a long time for a mobile game, or at least for the ones I’m aware of, and I’m not sure how much longer it can go realistically. I was hoping that this book would wrap things up, but now I’m not sure that’s the case. I just don’t want the game to end with its story incomplete, like so many other mobile games I’ve seen. I’m also starting to get ending fatigue, or lack there of because as much as I like the story of the characters, with how much there is and how slow the story is going, it feels like it’s gone on a bit too long. It may not be any longer than a standard fire emblem, but the episodic story certainly makes it seem longer. Maybe it would be better if we had a clearly defined endpoint or goal, but we don’t.

on the upside, I like how they’re tying the stories together with Lif and Thrasir. It makes me think we might see some other older characters too, like Bruno, but at least these two got mentioned. I hope they survive the final conflict, whatever it is, because those two definitely deserve it.

Nidavellir will be the 7th world, not the 5th.

Edited by Sentinel07

1 hour ago, Sentinel07 said:

Nidavellir will be the 7th world, not the 5th.

The seventh world? What worlds have the characters been to, or at least got mentioned? I know they’ve been to Zenith, The frost world, the fire world, Hell, and the dreamworld. I know some Asgard equivalent and the world of steel got mentioned (if the world of steel even is part of the nine worlds somehow), but I don’t think they’ve been to either.